Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
West Carter
20.00%
Raceland
80.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Carter @ Raceland 9/16
Clearly the recruiting isn’t so good, I don’t see any state championship banners hanging in Raceland. Russell and Ashland have them, where is yours Raceland? Reading you Rams fans post I would expect to see many 1A championships banners flying around the stadium.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kentuckysfinest's post:
  • WestCarterComet
(09-17-2022, 11:20 AM)WestCarterComet Wrote:
(09-17-2022, 11:16 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: Calls are made every year. We can’t force people to play us. That’s how we end up with the west carters of the world. Would love to have played this game a few years back.
JC, Pikeville, and Belfry manage to fill out a quality 10 game schedule every year while being a much better program than Raceland. I promise nobody on either of those 3 teams schedules are dodging Raceland. Neither would those 3 schools.
No, Johnson Central struggles to fill out a quality schedule each year because so many good teams in northern and central Kentucky refuse to play return games in Paintsville. Coach Matney and the JC administration agreed that as a matter of principle, schools should be willing to make a trip to eastern Kentucky if they expect JC to travel to their places. Johnson Central already logs more miles than most schools to play district opponents. I would love to see Highlands and Covington Catholic on Johnson Central's schedule every year but they believe three hour non-district road trips are too much to risk a beating.

I agree with the principle that teams should be willing to agree to home and away series. I am sure that there are a lot of teams that would be willing to play JC after a three or four hour trip and then not have to make the same drive to Paintsville the following year for a game. I wish that Johnson Central's non-district schedule was stronger this year but I don't believe that eastern Kentucky teams should have to do more than their fair share of travelling to allow teams like Highlands to keep their travel expenses low.
Hmmmmm, good points..
(09-17-2022, 12:37 PM)WestCarterComet Wrote:
(09-17-2022, 12:31 PM)FootballGuy Wrote:
(09-17-2022, 12:23 PM)WestCarterComet Wrote:
(09-17-2022, 11:38 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: What resources are you talking about? We don’t have an indoor practice facility. Our weight room is straight from the flint stones. We don’t make Jersey reveal movies. We ride the big yellow dog to all our games. What refusal to play are you referring to? Examples please. I can tell you right now when you are good people don’t call you. When you are down everybody calls you. And if playing really good teams makes you a lot better…..how much better did The comets get last night?

(09-16-2022, 03:23 AM)jetpilot Wrote: But seriously this game is yet another huge test for Raceland in their very tough schedule.

Not!!!! LOL
You beat a pitiful paintsville and belfry team. Lost to the teams with a pulse. Go lay down somewhere.
You don’t get better from getting beat 67-7. You get better by playing teams you’re competitive with. Raceland has much better facilities than the majority of teams they play and more guys on their roster from other schools. Not making a recruiting allegation so don’t get your feelings hurt. Just saying it’s a very big competitive advantage to have kids transfer in, especially from rival schools and play for you. Every program in the state would take a quality transfer so I’m not saying Raceland is in the wrong for doing that at all. However, I am saying they should play schools that have that same advantage.

(09-17-2022, 12:12 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Thats my thing. Id love to know who we are declining to play. Enlighten me please! I onow for a fact that games with Beechwood, Ironton, Wheelersburg, LCA, Collins and a handful more over the years that were just about all but finalized, but for some reason or another fell through. NONE of the teams mentioned, nor did Raceland, decline to play. There is a shit ton more to acheduling than meets the eye. Especially now with the RPI. The Racelands, Pikeville, even Paintsville, will have trouble finding home and homes with bigger schools. Especially if those schools are top 10 teams in their classes. We will end up having to go to OH and WV most likely. And this isnt because thw Rams are world beaters either. It just is what it is. "PLAY TEAMS WITH THE SAME RECOURCES" might be the most petty argument I have ever heard.
Nothing petty about it, it’s just the truth. You’re declining to play good teams. I’ve stated this over and over again. I’m sure the reason those games fell through was because Raceland didn’t want any of those programs.
Someone come get their mom. Poor comets got beat bad last night and she can’t handle it.
No issue with the comets getting beaten. Don’t have a good football team and just played the best one in our area. Look forward to getting on this site in December to see all the upset Lambs after Pikeville clocks them again!
You are a child and this comment proves it. Do you know what all Raceland fans were doing a few years ago when WC had their run?? We was rooting you on! You are so butt hurt you won’t even back a local team playing for a title hahah! You are a sad person!

As far as the scheduling goes ….I’m not buying it cause I’ve talked to people at Raceland about for years and they think a person is crazy when they suggest playing a better schedule. They’ve came up with 100 excuses for years why they should keep the Carter County teams on the schedule. This schedule should be better but like I’ve stated …we want to pump our chest and say we beat blah blah blah! Well….if we want ten games next year we beat get on the ball and do something. I’m thankful for the area teams dropping us and forcing Racelands hand.
(09-17-2022, 04:38 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(09-17-2022, 12:37 PM)WestCarterComet Wrote:
(09-17-2022, 12:31 PM)FootballGuy Wrote:
(09-17-2022, 12:23 PM)WestCarterComet Wrote:
(09-17-2022, 11:38 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: What resources are you talking about? We don’t have an indoor practice facility. Our weight room is straight from the flint stones. We don’t make Jersey reveal movies. We ride the big yellow dog to all our games. What refusal to play are you referring to? Examples please. I can tell you right now when you are good people don’t call you. When you are down everybody calls you. And if playing really good teams makes you a lot better…..how much better did The comets get last night?

You beat a pitiful paintsville and belfry team. Lost to the teams with a pulse. Go lay down somewhere.
You don’t get better from getting beat 67-7. You get better by playing teams you’re competitive with. Raceland has much better facilities than the majority of teams they play and more guys on their roster from other schools. Not making a recruiting allegation so don’t get your feelings hurt. Just saying it’s a very big competitive advantage to have kids transfer in, especially from rival schools and play for you. Every program in the state would take a quality transfer so I’m not saying Raceland is in the wrong for doing that at all. However, I am saying they should play schools that have that same advantage.

(09-17-2022, 12:12 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Thats my thing. Id love to know who we are declining to play. Enlighten me please! I onow for a fact that games with Beechwood, Ironton, Wheelersburg, LCA, Collins and a handful more over the years that were just about all but finalized, but for some reason or another fell through. NONE of the teams mentioned, nor did Raceland, decline to play. There is a shit ton more to acheduling than meets the eye. Especially now with the RPI. The Racelands, Pikeville, even Paintsville, will have trouble finding home and homes with bigger schools. Especially if those schools are top 10 teams in their classes. We will end up having to go to OH and WV most likely. And this isnt because thw Rams are world beaters either. It just is what it is. "PLAY TEAMS WITH THE SAME RECOURCES" might be the most petty argument I have ever heard.
Nothing petty about it, it’s just the truth. You’re declining to play good teams. I’ve stated this over and over again. I’m sure the reason those games fell through was because Raceland didn’t want any of those programs.
Someone come get their mom. Poor comets got beat bad last night and she can’t handle it.
No issue with the comets getting beaten. Don’t have a good football team and just played the best one in our area. Look forward to getting on this site in December to see all the upset Lambs after Pikeville clocks them again!
You are a child and this comment proves it. Do you know what all Raceland fans were doing a few years ago when WC had their run?? We was rooting you on! You are so butt hurt you won’t even back a local team playing for a title hahah! You are a sad person!

As far as the scheduling goes ….I’m not buying it cause I’ve talked to people at Raceland about for years and they think a person is crazy when they suggest playing a better schedule. They’ve came up with 100 excuses for years why they should keep the Carter County teams on the schedule. This schedule should be better but like I’ve stated …we want to pump our chest and say we beat blah blah blah! Well….if we want ten games next year we beat get on the ball and do something. I’m thankful for the area teams dropping us and forcing Racelands hand.
The 6 Class system really failed schools like Raceland.  Under the 4 Class system everyone knew we were a 2nd class program and there were no illusions of being top shelf.  When KY moved to 6 classes and teams like Mayfield, LCA, Danville, and Beechwood moved to 2A it gave our program a false sense of being better than it is and failed to respect that programs like Hazard, Paintsville, and Pikeville would be strong.  That attitude will always be there and if Raceland ever does get a championship then it would just get worse.
Possibilities for Raceland's 7 game non-district schedule:

Wheelersburg (OH)
Ironton (OH)
Jackson (OH)
Cabell Midland (WV)
Johnson Central
Belfry
Spring Valley (WV)
George Washington (WV)
Huntington High (WV)
Frederick Douglass
Beechwood
Lexington Christian
Highlands
Covington Catholic
Ryle
Cincinnati Moeller (OH)
Cincinnati Elder (OH)
Lexington Catholic
Pikeville
Boyle County
Louisville Central
Corbin
Hurricane (WV)
South Charleston (WV)
Louisville Christian Academy
Hazard
Simon Kenton
GRC
Madison Central
Ashland
Russell (if you could beg them back)

Would all those teams refuse?
Some of those teams are a bit much for Raceland. Moeller……really? Elder……really? The only thing that kept Ironton in the game against moeller is the 13 holding penalties called against moeller. How about a Bishop watterson?