Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
West Carter
20.00%
Raceland
80.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Carter @ Raceland 9/16
West Carter will travel to Raceland this Friday.

West Carter (0-3)
Aug 19, 22 Rowan County away (L) 0 - 24 
Aug 26, 22 Fleming County home (L) 7 - 25 
Sep 9, 22 East Carter home (L) 8 - 44 

Raceland (3-1)
Aug 20, 22 Ashland Blazer at Wheelersburg, OH (W) 34 - 7 
Aug 27, 22 Russell home (W) 53 - 14 
Sep 2, 22 Rowan County home (W) 40 - 3 
Sep 9, 22 Highlands away (L) 14 - 24

Series Per KHSAA
Oct 9, 1998 Raceland 27 West Carter 13
Nov 2, 2007 West Carter 24 Raceland 22
Nov 7, 2008 Raceland 40 West Carter 0
Aug 22, 2015 Raceland 36 West Carter 25
Aug 19, 2016 Raceland 28 West Carter 13
Aug 31, 2017 Raceland 35 West Carter 0
Aug 31, 2018 Raceland 49 West Carter 13
Sep 17, 2021 Raceland 21 West Carter 0

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...477a513d3d

Thoughts?
2 years ago this would have been a good game. The clock should be running by half time and the young guys will see a lot of action.

Rams 56
Comets 0
I say this game is gonna be a lot like the Rowan Co game. The Rams will come out flat and end up winning by a large margin but it won’t be pretty.
Raceland big....
Tic tok a running clock
Road to Kroger begins in a running clock. Pikeville will be waiting in Lexington

Raceland 49
West Carter 09
West is averaging 5 points per contest. I dont see them fixing that problem anytime soon. Raceland needs to do a better job coming out hot after a big game. There are some Rams a bit dinged up after the Highlands game, Im sure. I dont know if anything major injuries were there, but imo, this is an opportunity to let some guys rest and heal up. I think our JV would win this one by 3 scores. That being said, its probably similar to the Rowan game, especially early.

Rams 53
Comets 0
(09-11-2022, 01:12 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: West is averaging 5 points per contest. I dont see them fixing that problem anytime soon. Raceland needs to do a better job coming out hot after a big game. There are some Rams a bit dinged up after the Highlands game, Im sure. I dont know if anything major injuries were there, but imo, this is an opportunity to let some guys rest and heal up. I think our JV would win this one by 3 scores. That being said, its probably similar to the Rowan game, especially early.

Rams 53
Comets 0
I like how you accounted for our special teams fails so far and took off 3 extra points lol.
Rams by several eleventy billions.
Raceland will win by a lot.
RAMS by a lot. Another team off the schedule after this season.
Speaking of which. Who do we think is in the works for the replacement of Russell and West? What ither games do we lose?
(09-15-2022, 03:13 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Speaking of which. Who do we think is in the works for the replacement of Russell and West? What ither games do we lose?
Better add Greenup to the list and Rowan
Like to see us pick up Ironton, Wheelersburg, or Pikeville from around our area. And go back into NKY or CKY to get some games.
(09-15-2022, 05:20 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Like to see us pick up Ironton, Wheelersburg, or Pikeville from around our area. And go back into NKY or CKY to get some games.

I would like to see Belfry and Wheelersburg as games instead of scrimmages.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Can’t have to many Ohio teams. You get no RPI from them. I don’t wanna play Pikeville in the regular season. I see us playing them almost every year in the playoffs for many years to come and playing a team twice in one year isn’t good for either team. Let’s head north and play some good competition. Ram fans better get use to some losses on the schedule cause they are coming.
(09-15-2022, 05:55 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Can’t have to many Ohio teams. You get no RPI from them. I don’t wanna play Pikeville in the regular season. I see us playing them almost every year in the playoffs for many years to come and playing a team twice in one year isn’t good for either team. Let’s head north and play some good competition. Ram fans better get use to some losses on the schedule cause they are coming.

I would rather watch a good team and lose, than watch bad teams every week and win by 50.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jarons's post:
  • RAMDAD50
(09-15-2022, 06:02 PM)Jarons Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 05:55 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Can’t have to many Ohio teams. You get no RPI from them. I don’t wanna play Pikeville in the regular season. I see us playing them almost every year in the playoffs for many years to come and playing a team twice in one year isn’t good for either team. Let’s head north and play some good competition. Ram fans better get use to some losses on the schedule cause they are coming.

I would rather watch a good team and lose, than watch bad teams every week and win by 50.
I agree Jarons but as you know Raceland has been a mamma and pawpaw school when it comes to making the football schedule for years. As long as they can sit in the stands and beat their chest about beating “bigger schools “ they don’t care how bad those bigger schools are. It’s been Raceland’s Achilles heel for years and have stopped a many good Raceland teams from being great and advancing in the playoffs
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Jarons
Unfortunately Kentucky football as a whole just isn’t very good and it is hard to find good teams to play without traveling far away and even then the good teams are very saturated and might not be willing to play a 1A team with a few exceptions. Locally our best competition would be across the river in either OH or WV but as other posters have said the RPI points aren’t good when you go out of state.

For in state competition, I would like to see us play a team like Ryle or maybe even Beechwood in the future. We might take one on the chin against those types of teams but it is better than beating teams by 40 every week and getting smacked in the playoffs when we play a team with a pulse.
(09-15-2022, 06:06 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:

I agree Jarons but as you know Raceland has been a mamma and pawpaw school when it comes to making the football schedule for years. As long as they can sit in the stands and beat their chest about beating “bigger schools “ they don’t care how bad those bigger schools are. It’s been Raceland’s Achilles heel for years and have stopped a many good Raceland teams from being great and advancing in the playoffs

I never understood why people thought the schedule was tough playing a bunch of bad "bigger schools ". Like you said, it was something to brag about.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(09-15-2022, 06:46 PM)Jarons Wrote:

I never understood why people thought the schedule was tough playing a bunch of bad "bigger schools ". Like you said, it was something to brag about.
It goes back to the Bill Tom Ross days. He was building the program up so he used it as a calling card. Raceland has always played up in class. Hell there was years we won the local class 3A district championship hahah. But football in the area and in the state has fallen off quite drastically. Bad football is bad football no matter how many A’s you are! We have done good changing the culture and the talent over the years but we still hold onto some of the old habits we had back in the day. Anybody who watched last Fridays game can clearly see this is the competition we need to be playing. That’s the style of play we need to be playing. We can’t be worried about the wins and losses! We need to get better and playing these types of games makes everyone better. 

Im gonna throw this out there so some of y’all can argue with me some hahaha! Raceland needs a OC. A good OC…not just someone calling plays other then Mike but a good OV that can bring in a different approach on route running. Mike has gotten better but it’s not his strong point ….JS
(09-15-2022, 07:37 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:

It goes back to the Bill Tom Ross days. He was building the program up so he used it as a calling card. Raceland has always played up in class. Hell there was years we won the local class 3A district championship hahah. But football in the area and in the state has fallen off quite drastically. Bad football is bad football no matter how many A’s you are! We have done good changing the culture and the talent over the years but we still hold onto some of the old habits we had back in the day. Anybody who watched last Fridays game can clearly see this is the competition we need to be playing. That’s the style of play we need to be playing. We can’t be worried about the wins and losses! We need to get better and playing these types of games makes everyone better. 

Im gonna throw this out there so some of y’all can argue with me some hahaha! Raceland needs a OC. A good OC…not just someone calling plays other then Mike but a good OV that can bring in a different approach on route running. Mike has gotten better but it’s not his strong point ….JS
Another huge difference I saw last week was the strength and conditioning programs were night and day from each other. The biggest difference being how they train speed. Don’t get me wrong, we have improved a lot in that department but we still have a way to go before we can really call ourselves a true top notch program across the state.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • RAMDAD50

Hard to imagine football getting worse in NEKY. When I lived there, football was not all that good except for an occasional run by Ashland or Russell.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(09-15-2022, 07:49 PM)Jarons Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 06:02 PM)Jarons Wrote: I would rather watch a good team and lose, than watch bad teams every week and win by 50.

Hard to imagine football getting worse in NEKY. When I lived there, football was not all that good except for an occasional run by Ashland or Russell.
Those two programs were consistent back in the day…they aren’t anymore! Football is bad in this area and it’s only gonna get worse
(09-15-2022, 07:54 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 06:06 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I agree Jarons but as you know Raceland has been a mamma and pawpaw school when it comes to making the football schedule for years. As long as they can sit in the stands and beat their chest about beating “bigger schools “ they don’t care how bad those bigger schools are. It’s been Raceland’s Achilles heel for years and have stopped a many good Raceland teams from being great and advancing in the playoffs

Those two programs were consistent back in the day…they aren’t anymore! Football is bad in this area and it’s only gonna get worse
I see football on our area trending towards Ironton for all of the top talent as long as Pendleton is there with his recruiting connections in the Big 10.  

I see Raceland being the more attractive option for the kids that are good but not Ironton good for a few reasons that have nothing to do with the alleged recruiting.

1. We are a Class A school and have the easiest route to a state championship game.

2.  We are a Class A school that always needs to replace kids who graduated and you won’t have to wait long for a starting position if you can play.

3.  The community is very welcoming and will make you feel like home from day 1.

4.  We have top notch facilities that are growing each year. 

The Rams are on the way to solidifying themselves as a legit program in the state at the rate we are moving.  The big thing we have to fix now is the weightroom and getting a full time strength and conditioning coach on staff. The only real barrier is Pikeville and they do all of the above better than we do at the moment .
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • 16thregioner
Pikeville is moving to 3A next year
(09-15-2022, 10:57 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 07:54 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 06:46 PM)Jarons Wrote: I never understood why people thought the schedule was tough playing a bunch of bad "bigger schools ". Like you said, it was something to brag about.

I see football on our area trending towards Ironton for all of the top talent as long as Pendleton is there with his recruiting connections in the Big 10.  

I see Raceland being the more attractive option for the kids that are good but not Ironton good for a few reasons that have nothing to do with the alleged recruiting.

1. We are a Class A school and have the easiest route to a state championship game.

2.  We are a Class A school that always needs to replace kids who graduated and you won’t have to wait long for a starting position if you can play.

3.  The community is very welcoming and will make you feel like home from day 1.

4.  We have top notch facilities that are growing each year. 

The Rams are on the way to solidifying themselves as a legit program in the state at the rate we are moving.  The big thing we have to fix now is the weightroom and getting a full time strength and conditioning coach on staff.  The only real barrier is Pikeville and they do all of the above better than we do at the moment .
This seems like a recruiting post.
(09-16-2022, 02:21 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: Pikeville is moving to 3A next year

3A is easier than 1A but not happening.
But seriously this game is yet another huge test for Raceland in their very tough schedule.

Not!!!! LOL
Russell, Ashland, and West are all just a few years away from playing in the state semis and or winning a state title. Imo, losing them, greenup and rowan, arent a bad thing. It is going to force our hand into scheduling NKY that are consistently better than what we see around here. Theres some WV teams as well. I love the trend of neutral site games that has been starting as well. That opens things up for alot of teams really.