Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Highlands 24 Raceland 14
I don't think that there is much difference in Covington Catholic and Highlands. Neither team is a very strong 5A team this season and neither team appears to be strong enough on the LOS to be a contender for a state title this season. Highland should really consider playing in the class that their enrollment places them. In fact, KHSAA should require all teams to play in their own class. If that means that teams like Highlands have to travel as much as Johnson Central, then so be it. Reducing the number of classes to 4 or 5 would be a reasonable option. 

Raceland and Pikeville both seem to be very good 1A teams to my untrained eye. The trash talking is almost as entertaining as the games have been.
(09-10-2022, 12:17 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:
(09-10-2022, 11:47 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Gotta love Racelad fans credit. Lose to a team most thought they would beat and only high praise and overblowing their opponent who is mediocre. As opposed to Pikeville fans who were tore all to pieces losing to Corbin and Cov Cath and worried that we will have to get much better to be a factor. The biggest take from this game is that Raceland didn't magically get 9 TDs better over the off season.
Pikeville would not have beat that mediocre highlands team last night.
Could have scheduled a mediocre FTH team, but wanted more of a challenge in Cov Cath. Should have beat Cov Cath, btw.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • jetpilot
(09-10-2022, 02:42 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote:
(09-10-2022, 11:47 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Gotta love Racelad fans credit. Lose to a team most thought they would beat and only high praise and overblowing their opponent who is mediocre. As opposed to Pikeville fans who were tore all to pieces losing to Corbin and Cov Cath and worried that we will have to get much better to be a factor. The biggest take from this game is that Raceland didn't magically get 9 TDs better over the off season.
Could have scheduled a mediocre FTH team, but wanted more of a challenge in Cov Cath. Should have beat Cov Cath, btw.
You guys remind me of liberals that can’t get Trump out their mouth. You can always tell when Pikeville has a by week hahah. I mean you guys have nothing more to do but run to a Raceland thread and talk shit. It’s nice to know we are always on your mind hahah
(09-10-2022, 02:00 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I don't think that there is much difference in Covington Catholic and Highlands. Neither team is a very strong 5A team this season and neither team appears to be strong enough on the LOS to be a contender for a state title this season. Highland should really consider playing in the class that their enrollment places them. In fact, KHSAA should require all teams to play in their own class. If that means that teams like Highlands have to travel as much as Johnson Central, then so be it. Reducing the number of classes to 4 or 5 would be a reasonable option. 

Raceland and Pikeville both seem to be very good 1A teams to my untrained eye. The trash talking is almost as entertaining as the games have been.

Strongly disagree. Cov Cath beat Lex Cath and then a decent Dixie team like a drum. But we will find out for sure when CC plays Beechwood next week. Plus they play Highlands a few weeks later.
That was a good game to watch. Raceland had some opportunities in the second half to close the gap and just could not get it done. Those are the games you want to play this early in the season. Kinda surprised me how little the Rams ran between the tackles, but the passing game looked pretty good for this early. Should be a an interesting RPI situation in 1A.
(09-10-2022, 02:48 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(09-10-2022, 02:42 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote:
You guys remind me of liberals that can’t get Trump out their mouth. You can always tell when Pikeville has a by week hahah. I mean you guys have nothing more to do but run to a Raceland thread and talk shit. It’s nice to know we are always on your mind hahah
Now you've gone too far calling us liberals!
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-, RAMDAD50
(09-10-2022, 01:53 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(09-10-2022, 01:41 PM)jetpilot Wrote: lol Problem solved 15-18 2 passing TDs 203 passing yards vs Paintsville.
But Pikeville could run every play and Raceland couldn't stop them. The only time Raceland tackled Birchfield last year was out of bounds or in the end zone lol...and Pikeville has 4 or 5 good RBs.

I wish I could put a 3rd quarter running clock out of my mind and declare my team magically 9 TDs better like some of you guys can...hehe
Dude stop talking about last year. You’re smarter then that! Who gets to beat Pikeville next ?

If you mean 1A then nobody. Pikeville is playing Belfry next week and Raceland will probably be playing Kentucky School for the Blind and won't let their seeing-eye dogs in the stadium.
(09-10-2022, 02:00 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I don't think that there is much difference in Covington Catholic and Highlands. Neither team is a very strong 5A team this season and neither team appears to be strong enough on the LOS to be a contender for a state title this season. Highland should really consider playing in the class that their enrollment places them. In fact, KHSAA should require all teams to play in their own class. If that means that teams like Highlands have to travel as much as Johnson Central, then so be it. Reducing the number of classes to 4 or 5 would be a reasonable option. 

Yes now that Paintsville sucks Pikeville and Raceland fans have only each other.
A few thoughts I had through the game:

Highlands had the ball 4th and 1 at the 5. They should have kicked the FG to go up 27-7 in the 3rd quarter. Instead Raceland stopped them, gathered the momentum and went all the way down the field and scored. I was left scratching my head on some of Highlands coaches play calling.

I also thought Raceland went too much to the passing game in the 4th quarter. If they would have been more balanced with the run I think they could have gotten within a score. But it felt like Highlands Secondary knew passes were coming.
Oh, btw Forgot to say “thank you” to you Raceland fans out there. Thank you for letting us Pikeville fan live in your heads from late Nov last year til now!?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • jetpilot
(09-10-2022, 04:03 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote: Oh, btw Forgot to say “thank you” to you Raceland fans out there. Thank you for letting us Pikeville fan live in your heads from late Nov last year til now!?
You mean the commode ??? Where you belong hahah
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(09-10-2022, 04:53 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(09-10-2022, 04:03 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote: Oh, btw Forgot to say “thank you” to you Raceland fans out there. Thank you for letting us Pikeville fan live in your heads from late Nov last year til now!?

(09-10-2022, 08:38 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote:
(09-10-2022, 04:53 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
Yeah, that’s right, the commode your brain. Stinks too bad to live there even if it is rent free. Lol!
Ive told you guys NKY is terrible except for Beechwood. Raceland could have won this game, one quarter got away from them and that was the game.

(09-10-2022, 02:50 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Strongly disagree. Cov Cath beat Lex Cath and then a decent Dixie team like a drum. But we will find out for sure when CC plays Beechwood next week. Plus they play Highlands a few weeks later.

Dixie is not a decent team.
(09-10-2022, 09:12 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Ive told you guys NKY is terrible except for Beechwood.  Raceland could have won this game, one quarter got away from them and that was the game.

Then Northern KY football is dead.
(09-11-2022, 02:20 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-10-2022, 09:12 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Ive told you guys NKY is terrible except for Beechwood.  Raceland could have won this game, one quarter got away from them and that was the game.

Then Northern KY football is dead.

Other than Beechwood, it is way down.
in 2008 I had the pleasure of standing out in the cold to watch a real Highlands team smoke my team's hind end. lol
It’s going to be hard to determine how good Newport Catholic will actually be this year. Based on their easy schedule this year they should be 8-1 going into the Beechwood game they play as their last game of the year. If they can keep that game reasonable, they may be better than expected.
Watched this game, and some of the takes on here……well I’ll say they sure are interesting. I guess I’ll eat crow, I was way off on my prediction.
(09-11-2022, 08:37 AM)InsideSlant Wrote: It’s going to be hard to determine how good Newport Catholic will actually be this year. Based on their easy schedule this year they should be 8-1 going into the Beechwood game they play as their last game of the year. If they can keep that game reasonable, they may be better than expected.
Beechwood running clock vs NCC before halftime.