Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Julian Tackett KHSAA
(08-29-2022, 11:47 AM)EKUAlum05 Wrote: Here are my thoughts
1. The KHSAA is a joke and they are also hypocritical with many decisions they make. No disagreeing with that.

2. The KHSAA has proven that their biggest decision making usually gives priority to $$$ and convenience to their amount of work needing to be done over the actual best interest of the student athlete.

3. OP is well within reason to be frustrated with the way the KHSAA handles situations as such and sounds as if they have a personal situation that is a sensitive and sticky one.

4. With that said, OP is mis-labeling what the Boley's were doing. There is nothing illegal about a family deciding to make a legitimate change of address and exploring their options to find the best fit. Also, the fact that staffs at prospective schools are meeting with Boley is also nothing illegal.

5. I don't know the details of OP's situation, and would be very interested for them to share them in full. With that said, using a different kid with a different situation altogether (and one that technically meets the rules at that) to try and throw mud is not the way to win favor from the masses.

I would say it is best to educate everyone on the ways the KHSAA is failing their specific case. If there is a similar circumstance where the KHSAA ruled differently then that is fair game, but in this case Boley just seems to be sour grapes because it is a competing school in their district.

6. At the end of the day, my hope is kids and parents should be allowed to be put in position where they can best have their family succeed and have the best opportunities allowed for them to achieve this. For this, I hope the kids OP is alluding to are given this opportunity!
I agree kids and parents should be allowed to be put in position where they can best have their family succeed !!!!!

Using Boley as an example because his recruitment was very publicized on social media and just so happens to be in the same district.

Not sour grapes, 
Just want Tackett and the board of directors to make the playing field equal. 

Kids over profits ….

Stop “selective enforcement”

(08-29-2022, 08:29 AM)Ghostofjoey Wrote: This is the reality.  When the ADs voted to separate the public and privates they were threatened.  The legislative funding in this state is heavily bought and paid for by people who send their kids to private schools.  When the potential for a split was happening the money men who control our legislature said if it passes we will kill the KHSAA and run athletics ourselves.  This is the truth.  So the KHSAA has to cave if they want to maintain their own existence.  So ask yourself when you are voting "Does this candidate send their kid to a private school?"  If the answer is yes and you care about a level playing field in athletics, you should not vote for them.

And this is not a partisan issue.  Democrats and Republicans alike want to segregate their kids from public school kids.
You absolutely hit the nail on the head !!!!
!!
Its all about the money!
Not the kids ….
Wait until Tackett and his constituents bank records are Subpoenaed. Should get very interesting.
(08-29-2022, 10:48 AM)Deuce8 Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 09:08 AM)jamesclay Wrote: The real issue is that some people are too careless to actually read the bylaws and don't transfer within the established rules. Then they go online and blame the KHSAA for their own mistakes.
You obviously don’t know the situation. 

I can show you all by-laws and where the kids have an exception due to the fact the parent is the wrestling coach for the district 

This is not anyone blaming KHSAA for anything. This is fact …. Are you saying you are ok with foster kids being robbed of an opportunity to play football which is the only thing they have ????

You are definitely someone who peaked in high school and don’t know the facts. 

it’s plain and simple do right by the kids. 

Are you also ok with cutter Boley openly announcing his recruitment on social media and Khsaa doing noting about it ??

This is flat out wrong, the KHSAA member schools actually voted against this last year. There is no recognized exception when parents take a new job, the member schools overwhelming voted against this.
file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/75/05/F2D72FAB-12B6-405C-98C5-72E31AF9BC35/IMG_5654.jpeg

(08-29-2022, 01:03 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 09:08 AM)jamesclay Wrote: The real issue is that some people are too careless to actually read the bylaws and don't transfer within the established rules. Then they go online and blame the KHSAA for their own mistakes.

I can show you all by-laws and where the kids have an exception due to the fact the parent is the wrestling coach for the district 

This is not anyone blaming KHSAA for anything. This is fact …. Are you saying you are ok with foster kids being robbed of an opportunity to play football which is the only thing they have ????

Are you also ok with cutter Boley openly announcing his recruitment on social media and Khsaa doing noting about it ??

This is flat out wrong, the KHSAA member schools actually voted against this last year. There is no recognized exception when parents take a new job, the member schools overwhelming voted against this.
"interscholastic athletics" means any time a school is
playing another school, irrespective of grade level.
"one (1) calendar year from the date of the transfer
means one year from the date of enrollment at the
new school as verified by the school and school
system.
» NOTE: It should be noted that 157.350 (4) ©) creates
an exception to the provisions of the period of
ineligibility under KRS 156.070(2) (h) due to the new
employment of the parent in the district.
NOTE: Any of these interpretations dealing with a
student transferring into a school as a nonresident
student should presume that school capacity as
defined within the bill was not exceeded.

So is this by law wrong ????
Miss information?
Collusion?
Or are you just guessing ???

system.
(08-29-2022, 12:08 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 11:59 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 11:36 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 09:18 AM)Corbin Wrote: The KHSAA and Tackett are a joke in general. High School sports are no different than pee wee if you really think about it. It's kids playing sports. It's not college, It's not pro. What are they going to do if you tell em to jump in a lake? If my child wants to transfer to Corbin from Estill County, he should play immediately. If my kid wants to transfer from Dunbar to Henry Clay, he should play immediately. It's not a business. It's sports for kids. The only people who get worked up over transfers are people who peaked in high school and take it too seriously in their adult years, or people that literally have nothing better to do.
if it's not a business ,and just a game, your kid should play where he lives at. there's no advantage to switching schools just to play a simple little game. Why transfer from Lexington to Paintsville to play cornhole? Your post looks like a big ole pile of hot bullsh*t. if you switch schools you should at least have a change of address that's not an apartment that boosters provided. it is a business and you know it is. lol. Like I was telling Bull, I don't even blame schools that take advanatge, but don't like and act like you dont

Smile Maybe Transferring for Corn Hole might become a new trend....... I got some boards....

I wouldn't doubt that it will. lol

I do think things should be more strict on cornhole. Transferring is a nuisance for sure but coaches can come and go as they please. I just see nothing wrong if a parent wants to give their child a better opportunity. I know its a damned if ya do, damned if ya dont thing though. Having said all that, wouldn't mind to see some coach shuffling this offseason.
(08-29-2022, 01:21 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/75/05/F2D72FAB-12B6-405C-98C5-72E31AF9BC35/IMG_5654.jpeg

system.

Miss information?
Collusion?

system.

Here are the two statutes you reference, I've read them and I'm not seeing anything about exceptions for parents. I see requirements to be a coach and giving districts the option to waive tuition for non-resident students if the parents work there. Neither of which has to do with KHSAA eligibility. 

https://apps.legislature.ky.gov/law/stat...x?id=51402

https://apps.legislature.ky.gov/law/stat...x?id=53059
[-] The following 1 user Likes fridaynightfights's post:
  • Iam4thecats
(08-29-2022, 02:00 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 01:21 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/75/05/F2D72FAB-12B6-405C-98C5-72E31AF9BC35/IMG_5654.jpeg

system.

Miss information?
Collusion?

system.

Here are the two statutes you reference, I've read them and I'm not seeing anything about exceptions for parents. I see requirements to be a coach and giving districts the option to waive tuition for non-resident students if the parents work there. Neither of which has to do with KHSAA eligibility. 

NOTE: It should be noted that 157.350 (4) ©) creates
(08-29-2022, 02:28 PM)Deuce8 Wrote:

(08-29-2022, 10:48 AM)Deuce8 Wrote: You obviously don’t know the situation. 

system.

Miss information?
Collusion?

(08-29-2022, 10:48 AM)Deuce8 Wrote: You obviously don’t know the situation. 

system.

I get you are saying “note” what I’m saying is I read the statutes and it doesn’t say that. It looks like both statutes are recently amended so possible it use to say that and doesn’t now, but currently those laws don’t say that, that’s why I posted the links.
  • Deuce8
The KHSAA is not a joke. The time spent on interscholastic athletics by the legislature is the joke. Everything the KhSSA is scrutinized and manipulated by legislators.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ghostofjoey's post:
  • Deuce8
Plain and simple …… do right by the kids ..
Selective enforcement is wrong !!!!!!
Fair is fair .
If anyone on here knew the kids story, you would know it’s a sad sad day for kids in Kentucky.

(08-29-2022, 02:31 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote:

(08-29-2022, 01:03 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote: This is flat out wrong, the KHSAA member schools actually voted against this last year. There is no recognized exception when parents take a new job, the member schools overwhelming voted against this.
system.

Miss information?
Collusion?

(08-29-2022, 01:03 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote: This is flat out wrong, the KHSAA member schools actually voted against this last year. There is no recognized exception when parents take a new job, the member schools overwhelming voted against this.
system.

I get you are saying “note” what I’m saying is I read the statutes and it doesn’t say that. It looks like both statutes are recently amended so possible it use to say that and doesn’t now, but currently those laws don’t say that, that’s why I posted the links.
Recently amended…… wonder how recent ?

This was pulled directly from KHSAA website on Friday. 

Maybe the KHSAA has a miss -information Governance board . Does it list a time and date it was amended?
(08-29-2022, 04:39 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: Plain and simple …… do right by the kids ..
Fair is fair .
If anyone on here knew the kids story, you would know it’s a sad sad day for kids in Kentucky.

system.

Miss information?
Collusion?

system.

Maybe the KHSAA has a miss -information Governance board . Does it list a time and date it was amended?

In the last couple of years too, and after googling your wording I've found what you are referencing. I think it's very important to understand what you are referencing deals with Bylaw 8 and Bylaw 7 that have been combined into Bylaw 7. It's worth noting Bylaw 7 and Bylaw 8 deal with transfers of non U.S. Citizen students, it does not deal with citizens. Bylaw 6 is what deals with transfers that are United States Citizens. I've attached the link to KHSAA Bylaws and where you got what you've been referencing.

https://khsaa.org/06-13-22-bylaw-8-repla...rs156-070/

https://khsaa.org/common_documents/handbook/bylaws.pdf

I've read up on this more and this is in response to HB 563 from 2021. It's poorly worded at best, but needless to say this exception is not a guarantee. The legislature passed a blanket law making you ineligible for a year if you transfer out of district in KY HB 563 in 2021. Now here is the tricky part HB 563 doesn't require the KHSAA to amend their by laws, in fact the act itself specifically states it's purpose "specify that no provisions are intended to override current rules and regulations adopted by the Kentucky High School Athletics Association, including transfers.". So while the KRS will allow KHSAA to make this exception if KHSAA desires so far the KHSAA and its members have not made that exception.
  • Deuce8
(08-29-2022, 04:53 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 04:39 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: Plain and simple …… do right by the kids ..
Fair is fair .

(08-29-2022, 02:00 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote: Here are the two statutes you reference, I've read them and I'm not seeing anything about exceptions for parents. I see requirements to be a coach and giving districts the option to waive tuition for non-resident students if the parents work there. Neither of which has to do with KHSAA eligibility. 

In the last couple of years too, and after googling your wording I've found what you are referencing. I think it's very important to understand what you are referencing deals with Bylaw 8 and Bylaw 7 that have been combined into Bylaw 7. It's worth noting Bylaw 7 and Bylaw 8 deal with transfers of non U.S. Citizen students, it does not deal with citizens. Bylaw 6 is what deals with transfers that are United States Citizens. I've attached the link to KHSAA Bylaws and where you got what you've been referencing.

https://khsaa.org/06-13-22-bylaw-8-repla...rs156-070/

https://khsaa.org/common_documents/handbook/bylaws.pdf

I've read up on this more and this is in response to HB 563 from 2021. It's poorly worded at best, but needless to say this exception is not a guarantee. The legislature passed a blanket law making you ineligible for a year if you transfer out of district in KY HB 563 in 2021. Now here is the tricky part HB 563 doesn't require the KHSAA to amend their by laws, in fact the act itself specifically states it's purpose "specify that no provisions are intended to override current rules and regulations adopted by the Kentucky High School Athletics Association, including transfers.". So while the KRS will allow KHSAA to make this exception if KHSAA desires so far the KHSAA and its members have not made that exception.
"Transfers enrollment" means enrolling as a
nonresident student into a school district after
attending a school in the district of residence. Pre-
existing nonresident students who continue to be
nonresident students in the same school system are
not impacted if they do not change schools.

"from a district of residence to a nonresident district"
means that these provisions regarding eligibility are of
no impact for resident district students, and the
standard provisions of KHSAA Bylaw 6 apply to those
resident students. Even then, the provisions of Bylaw
apply only for those students who have been in grade
9, represented a varsity team, and subsequently
transferred.

You are correct this is clear as mud. 
Glad to see someone doing their research instead of just spouting off at the mouth. 

All I’m saying is what is good for the goose is good for the gander. 

Not here to throw stones at anyone, just hate to see kids being denied an opportunity to Excel in life where they have the best opportunities.
First warning. No derogatory names!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Deuce8
End selective enforcement………
(08-29-2022, 07:17 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: First warning.  No derogatory names!

I wanna send you a message reminding you to bring my dumplins and call you some names.
Do it for the kids ……
(08-29-2022, 11:43 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

I wanna send you a message reminding you to bring my dumplins and call you some names.

Well that sounds intriguing, Dougie!!!

Tongue Tongue
(08-30-2022, 12:04 PM)Granny Bear Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 11:43 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Well that sounds intriguing, Dougie!!!

Tongue Tongue
I'll message you and sweet talk you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Deuce8
Don’t poke the bear ……..?
Too late!!!

Smile
(08-30-2022, 02:23 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Too late!!!

Smile
Wonder how long the appeals process can take???
(08-28-2022, 12:24 PM)HurryUp1001 Wrote:
(08-28-2022, 04:25 AM)smoke1015 Wrote: If you transfer to Boyle, it's Ok...Black, white, brown, or GOLDEN...
It seems you would rather see Boyle lose, than your own team win (whoever you cheer for)..
Could care less. But I dislike a small school who has a supremely talented kid lose it to a school that already has more than enough to win 4A. Anyone should be able to see that. The only exception is if moves are made by parents, job based, or a student athlete simply needs to move because maybe their sport is not offered in their hometown. If Boyle losses, or wins, I do not lose sleep. I have sat with Boyle fans when they've won (many many times), and when they've lost (a handful of times). I was just there to watch good football. But anyone that wants high-school to become transfer transfer transfer is not a real fan, in my book. Homers are obviously going to disagree.
(08-30-2022, 06:55 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: Wonder how long the appeals process can take???

Guessing that it could be around 4 weeks give or take....I heard of 1 appeal process and thats about how long it took...
What happened to the anti-transfer law?
(08-30-2022, 11:21 PM)Real Badman Wrote: What happened to the anti-transfer law?

Its in effect….
(08-31-2022, 12:09 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-30-2022, 11:21 PM)Real Badman Wrote: What happened to the anti-transfer law?

Its in effect….
It is in effect but it is “Selectively”enforced
(08-30-2022, 07:03 PM)smoke1015 Wrote:
(08-28-2022, 04:25 AM)smoke1015 Wrote: If you transfer to Boyle, it's Ok...Black, white, brown, or GOLDEN...
It seems you would rather see Boyle lose, than your own team win (whoever you cheer for)..
Could care less. But I dislike a small school who has a supremely talented kid lose it to a school that already has more than enough to win 4A. Anyone should be able to see that. The only exception is if moves are made by parents, job based, or a student athlete simply needs to move because maybe their sport is not offered in their hometown. If Boyle losses, or wins, I do not lose sleep. I have sat with Boyle fans when they've won (many many times), and when they've lost (a handful of times). I was just there to watch good football. But anyone that wants high-school to become transfer transfer transfer is not a real fan, in my book. Homers are obviously going to disagree.
 The families of any kid transferring has the right to move wherever they think is the best fit. The fact of the matter is if players were/wanting to move and transfer into the school you are a fan of you would welcome it with open arms. And anyone that says they would turn away a kid that has done everything right to transfer and move is lying. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes HurryUp1001's post:
  • Deuce8
(08-31-2022, 11:11 AM)HurryUp1001 Wrote:
 The families of any kid transferring has the right to move wherever they think is the best fit. The fact of the matter is if players were/wanting to move and transfer into the school you are a fan of you would welcome it with open arms. And anyone that says they would turn away a kid that has done everything right to transfer and move is lying. 

The ones that say they don't cheat ,or say kids come there because it's a winning program are lying.
(08-31-2022, 01:34 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

The ones that say they don't cheat ,or say kids come there because it's a winning program are lying.
Why do you believe kids are transferring schools?
(08-31-2022, 01:41 PM)HurryUp1001 Wrote:
(08-31-2022, 01:34 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-28-2022, 12:24 PM)HurryUp1001 Wrote: It seems you would rather see Boyle lose, than your own team win (whoever you cheer for)..

Why do you believe kids are transferring schools?

I KNOW why they are.