PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2022] Pikeville (KY) 35, [2022] Johnson Central (Paintsville, KY) 17

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2022] Pikeville (KY) 26, [2022] Corbin (KY) 24

Add 6 points for Pikeville playing at home since Corbin had home field advantage last time...
You probably think that CAL is a top 5 team in all classes too. Johnson Central has a weak schedule ahead of them. By playoff time, Pikeville may be favored by CalPreps by four touchdowns but only somebody who does not follow football would consider Pikeville the favorite in that match-up.
No, lots of people who follow football would consider Pikeville the favorite in that matchup.
Big Grin
(09-27-2022, 02:23 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-27-2022, 01:39 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Yea hoot if you look at the stats on our game and Cov cath. You’re right. Probably more than 60%. We held them to 160 yards rushing and 68 passing. But they also held us to 77 passing yards. But we got over 250 on the ground. No doubt if we played again, I would bet they’d get more passing yards, but I know we would too. And that 257 rushing was with combs at RB for only a half. I would love to see pikeville and JC play. And jet you’re gonna hate me, but after looking at the stats from all the games between JC and pike, in a series of 10 I’d have to go with JC winning at least 6 people of them. But it’s all hypothetical. So if you do get mad, just get hypothetically mad at me? Hahah. Seriously though, both are solid teams that are gonna make noise in about 6 weeks. I will say pikeville probably has a greater chance at a title though.
Not mad at you Hound I just think Pikeville is better than Corbin and JC if they played this week.

Corbin would thoroughly smoke some hind end. You'd crash and burn, and we wouldn't hear from you until next year.
(09-27-2022, 07:17 AM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: we would beat the brakes off of pineville

That's for sure.
(09-27-2022, 11:46 AM)jetpilot Wrote: JC would have to improve to beat Pikeville right now and no way NL would. Pikeville is better than Pulaski Co. and maybe even SW. I would even take Pikeville over Corbin now that they have their offense figured out. But the poll is ok and I would have Pikeville 3rd based on game scores alone. Except for Pineville being in there and JC should be above Hazard the poll is solid...

You're hallucinating.
Updated 10/03

1. Corbin
2. Southwestern
3. Pulaski County
4. Pikeville
5. Hazard
6. Johnson Central
7. Belfry
8. North Laurel
9. Letcher Central
10. Bell County
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR
With Hazard ranked 5th, I am surprised that 5-1 Perry County Central is not also in the top 10.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • jetpilot
I think Hazard is overrated. Johnson Central would beat them by at least 2 TDs on a neutral field.
I would probably flip Pulaski and Southwestern
Take Hazard out, slide 6-10 up one spot and put Perry in at the the 10 spot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheStickyBandit's post:
  • wolfcat
(09-27-2022, 07:17 AM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: we would beat the brakes off of pineville
Maybe so but didn’t they beat one of your common opponents worse than you did. Your defense let them score 24+. So maybe , but I don’t see Bell beating the breakers off anyone. On another note I also hear Corbin is begging Dudley for a game next season. Dudley will not even talk to them, why is that?
(10-05-2022, 11:46 AM)NextGeneration Wrote:
Maybe so but didn’t they beat one of your common opponents worse than you did. Your defense let them score 24+. So maybe , but I don’t see Bell beating the breakers off anyone. On another note I also hear Corbin is begging Dudley for a game next season. Dudley will not even talk to them, why is that?
He's afraid they'll try to steal his players. He probably wont even let 64SUR in the gate.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
(10-04-2022, 09:12 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Updated 10/03

1. Corbin
2. Southwestern
3. Pulaski County
4. Pikeville
5. Johnson Central
6. Belfry
7. North Laurel
8. Bell County 
9. Lawrence County 
10. Hazard 
(10-05-2022, 03:37 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(10-04-2022, 09:12 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Updated 10/03

1. Corbin
2. Southwestern
3. Pulaski County
4. Pikeville
5. Johnson Central
6. Belfry
7. North Laurel
8. Bell County 
9. Lawrence County 
10. Hazard 
^^^^These are 64SUR Mountains top 10 not Bull Got Out
64SUR Mountain top 10
1. Corbin
2. Southwestern
3. Pikeville
4. Johnson Central
5. Pulaski County
6. Belfry
7. North Laurel
8. Bell County
9. Lawrence County
10. Hazard

Got to this right
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
(10-05-2022, 12:02 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(10-05-2022, 11:46 AM)NextGeneration Wrote:
He's afraid they'll try to steal his players. He probably wont even let 64SUR in the gate.
Big Grin Big Grin
Updated 10/10 Mountain Top 10

1. Corbin
2. Southwestern
3. Pulaski County
4. Pikeville
5. Johnson Central
6. Belfry
7. Bell County
8. Letcher Central
9. Lawrence County
10. Hazard
(08-18-2022, 09:28 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: disrespectful to Johnson central

how not a team ahead of them they could beat
Updated Mountain Top 10

1. Corbin
2. Southwestern
3. Pikeville
4. Pulaski County
5. Johnson Central
6. Bell County
7. Lawrence County
8. Belfry
9. Letcher Central
10. Shelby Valley
My top 10 would be:

1. Corbin
   Southwestern
3. Pulaski County
4. Johnson Central
5. Pikeville
6. Lawrence County
7. Bell County
8. Letcher Central
9. Belfry
10. North Laurel
(10-24-2022, 10:17 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: My top 10 would be:

1. Corbin
   Southwestern
3. Pulaski County
4. Johnson Central
5. Pikeville
6. Lawrence County
7. Bell County
8. Letcher Central
9. Belfry
10. North Laurel
Interesting that you have JC at 4 but then LCC at 7 after how close that game was. I would take LCC over Bell and Lawrence County.

(10-24-2022, 08:58 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Updated Mountain Top 10

1. Corbin
2. Southwestern
3. Pikeville
4. Pulaski County
5. Johnson Central
6. Bell County
7. Lawrence County
8. Belfry
9. Letcher Central
10. Shelby Valley
1) Corbin
2) Southwestern
3) Pulaski County
4) Pikeville
5)Johnson Central
6) Letcher Central
7) Bell County 
8) North Laurel 
9) Belfry
10) Shelby Valley
(10-26-2022, 07:57 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote:

1. Corbin
   Southwestern
3. Pulaski County
4. Johnson Central
5. Pikeville
6. Lawrence County
7. Bell County
8. Letcher Central
9. Belfry
10. North Laurel
Interesting that you have JC at 4 but then LCC at 7 after how close that game was. I would take LCC over Bell and Lawrence County.

1. Corbin
2. Southwestern
3. Pikeville
4. Pulaski County
5. Johnson Central
6. Bell County
7. Lawrence County
8. Belfry
9. Letcher Central
10. Shelby Valley
1) Corbin
2) Southwestern
3) Pulaski County
4) Pikeville
5)Johnson Central
6) Letcher Central
7) Bell County 
8) North Laurel 
9) Belfry
10) Shelby Valley
I ranked JC 4th and LCC 9th because LCC their losses were much worse than JC's losses and JC has played much more consistently over the course of the season. JC has lost two games - one to North Laurel in which starting running back Carter Conley's leg was broken and the following game at Ironton. LCC gave up 50 points to Hazard and was shutout by a very mediocre Tennessee team. (Depending on how deeply JC advances in the playoffs, Conley may return before the season ends.) I was very impressed with LCC and believe that they are capable of beating any team on the list on a given night but I believe that they probably came close to playing their best game against Johnson Central.
  • TheStickyBandit
(10-26-2022, 09:13 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

1. Corbin
   Southwestern
3. Pulaski County
4. Johnson Central
5. Pikeville
6. Lawrence County
7. Bell County
8. Letcher Central
9. Belfry
10. North Laurel

1. Corbin
2. Southwestern
3. Pikeville
4. Pulaski County
5. Johnson Central
6. Bell County
7. Lawrence County
8. Belfry
9. Letcher Central
10. Shelby Valley
1) Corbin
2) Southwestern
3) Pulaski County
4) Pikeville
5)Johnson Central
6) Letcher Central
7) Bell County 
8) North Laurel 
9) Belfry
10) Shelby Valley
I ranked JC 4th and LCC 9th because LCC their losses were much worse than JC's losses and JC has played much more consistently over the course of the season. JC has lost two games - one to North Laurel in which starting running back Carter Conley's leg was broken and the following game at Ironton. LCC gave up 50 points to Hazard and was shutout by a very mediocre Tennessee team. (Depending on how deeply JC advances in the playoffs, Conley may return before the season ends.) I was very impressed with LCC and believe that they are capable of beating any team on the list on a given night but I believe that they probably came close to playing their best game against Johnson Central.
Fair enough. I am not from Letcher but I will say that they gave those points up to Hazard very early in the season and their defense is much improved as you seen when they played JC.
Pikeville above JC now. Maybe bell if going off of paper, but personally I wouldn’t put them above JC right now
(10-26-2022, 09:34 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote:
(10-26-2022, 09:13 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

1. Corbin
   Southwestern
3. Pulaski County
4. Johnson Central
5. Pikeville
6. Lawrence County
7. Bell County
8. Letcher Central
9. Belfry
10. North Laurel

1. Corbin
2. Southwestern
3. Pikeville
4. Pulaski County
5. Johnson Central
6. Bell County
7. Lawrence County
8. Belfry
9. Letcher Central
10. Shelby Valley
1) Corbin
2) Southwestern
3) Pulaski County
4) Pikeville
5)Johnson Central
6) Letcher Central
7) Bell County 
8) North Laurel 
9) Belfry
10) Shelby Valley
Fair enough. I am not from Letcher but I will say that they gave those points up to Hazard very early in the season and their defense is much improved as you seen when they played JC.
Johnson Central rushed for 379 yards against LCC, which is about JC's average, although LCC did a pretty good job of limiting big plays. Where I thought that LCC shined was putting their kick-offs in locations that kept JC from returning them. I also thought JC did a poor job of placing its own kick-offs and punts, which led to some long returns by LC. If the play again, I would bet that JC will do their best not to allow LCC returns. I believe that Jonah Little is LCC's kicker and maybe their punter too, but I am not sure. Little is one of the best all around football players that JC has faced this season. I hope that his injury was not serious.
  • TheStickyBandit
10/31 Updated Mountain Top 10

1. Corbin

2. Southwestern

3. Pikeville

4. Pulaski County

5. Johnson Central

6. Bell County

7. Letcher Central

8. Lawrence County

9. Breathitt County