9. Knox Central

10. Middlesboro
https://www.wymt.com/2022/08/19/preseaso...announced/
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesdeane's post:
  • Deuce8
disrespectful to Johnson central
[-] The following 3 users Like WhomTheBellTolls's post:
  • 16BBall Fan, Deuce8, wolfcat
Southwestern and Corbin ahead of Johnson Central... yikes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hogs02's post:
  • BobcatForever
Is this a joke?
(08-18-2022, 09:28 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: disrespectful to Johnson central

Id have to agree JC should be #1 no matter how your grading it…
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • BobcatForever
You know thinking back to last year, Johnson Central didn’t get much respect in this poll either. Johnson Central is the top dog till someone knocks them off the roost.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Deuce8, Truewords
Word is JC not bad at all but, also maybe not the big time powerhouse they have been.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bucslover68's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
Just words and opinions, proof is in the pudding it will be game time soon enough, may just may be the fuel the Eagles want
JC should be 1.

Lots of disrespect to Coach Peck and a lot of people wishing JC takes a step or 2 back.
(08-18-2022, 09:24 PM)jamesdeane Wrote:
  1. Pikeville

2. Southwestern

3. Belfry

4. Corbin

5. Johnson Central

6. Pulaski County

7. Hazard

8. Bell County

9. Knox Central

10. Middlesboro
https://www.wymt.com/2022/08/19/preseaso...announced/

comical.
(08-18-2022, 09:31 PM)Hogs02 Wrote: Southwestern and Corbin ahead of Johnson Central... yikes.

Of course Southwestern is ahead of Johnson Central.
Move Johnson Central above everyone else and then it looks pretty accurate
U
(08-19-2022, 12:01 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-18-2022, 09:31 PM)Hogs02 Wrote: Southwestern and Corbin ahead of Johnson Central... yikes.

Of course Southwestern is ahead of Johnson Central.

Curious…why u say that??
JC ranked 9th in state overall and 5th in mountain top ten. Not quite sure how that works lol
Thanks, WYMT….Like we didn’t have enough targets on our back as it is…
[-] The following 1 user Likes HAIL PIKEVILLE!'s post:
  • Big Five-0-
(08-19-2022, 12:38 AM)chuck1942501 Wrote: U
(08-19-2022, 12:01 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

Of course Southwestern is ahead of Johnson Central.

Curious…why u say that??

Southwestern is a powerhouse 5A team.
WMYT shows no respect to Coach Peck and his staff, who overcame key injuries and the loss of one of the top coaches in the state to reach the 4A title game. JC will be returning what is arguably their best and deepest group of running backs in school history. To rank a 4A team that has at least a 50/50 chance of entering the playoffs undefeated #5 is nothing but somebody's wishful thinking. 

The game at Ironton is the only one on JC's schedule in which the Golden Eagles will not be a solid favorite to win. Ironton is a notoriously tough road game no matter who the Fighting Tigers' opponent is and the team returns a lot of talent from a very successful 2021 season. Johnson Central has Belfry at home this season and have to be considered a big favorite to win that game, although the series has been filled with upsets.

The losses of some great linemen and an outstanding quarterback may mean that JC will get off to a slower start than last year but JC's most dominating run to the 4A state title featured a freshman quarterback, who later led the team to a second state title in his senior season. Coach Matney left some big shoes to fill but Coach Peck deserves more respect for the role that he and his staff have played in building a very successful program. 

Preseason polls and scrimmage results don't really matter, but I would have ranked Johnson Central #1, based on the strength of 4A last season and the return of the team's top two rushers from both the 2020 and 2021 seasons, along with their starting fullback and Carter Conley. I would rank Southwestern #2, Pikeville #3, Belfry #4, and Corbin #5, although I expect that Belfry may get off to a slow start after losing one of the top running backs in the state. The results of tonight's games will result in an early shuffling of the preseason rankings if Corbin and/or Pulaski win their openers.
Johnson Central is far too low. Also, seems  from 7-10th they just drew random teams out of a hat.
Echoing what others have said... no way you should be putting anyone ahead of Johnson Central until they prove otherwise.

Belfry, for sure, should not be above JC. Johnson Central has been eating their lunch for the past few years.
(08-18-2022, 10:31 PM)bucslover68 Wrote: Word is JC not bad at all but, also maybe not the big time powerhouse they have been.

I think this is accurate.
JC has probably the best group of running backs and full back that they have had in school history. I think they will be just fine this year. All this does is add a little more fuel to the fire.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister D's post:
  • Conleyc123
If I'm Coach Peck, I use this to motivate my team. Middlesboro is way overrated, along with Bell County. Hazard has improved, but I would put Knox Central ahead of them. Pikeville could very well be the best team when it's all said and done, but until someone in the mountains can knock of Johnson Central, they deserve to be #1.
(08-19-2022, 12:09 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Move Johnson Central above everyone else and then it looks pretty accurate

No it doesn't. Williamsburg and Whitley County should both be ranked above Middlesboro.
Even though I'm a Pikeville fan I will admit Johnson Central should obviously be #1 and I would have Southwestern at #2.

WYMT goes thru sports anchors like I do at a Chinese buffet, I doubt they have any idea what they are talking about.
(08-19-2022, 01:15 PM)Humpty Dumpty Wrote: Even though I'm a Pikeville fan I will admit Johnson Central should obviously be #1 and I would have Southwestern at #2.

WYMT goes thru sports anchors like I do at a Chinese buffet, I doubt they have any idea what they are talking about.

lol. I was thinking the same. Most are not even from KY.  JC at #5 smh.
JC one of the top back fields in the state Conley, Price, Lawson and Grimm. Could see 3 of them over 1,000 yds

It's a Junior and Senior O line maybe not a lot of experience but upper-class line
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eagleland's post:
  • smoke1015
Rankings have never meant squat to me!

Still don't.
[-] The following 2 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • pjdoug, smoke1015
Oh well, I guess we should just throw in the towel…lol. Things I trust more that WYMT Sports rankings:

Kool Aid at Bill Cosby’s House
A Pakistani on a motorcycle
Any politician
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old guy's post:
  • Deuce8
Just can’t put confidence in someone not even from the mountains or the State for that matter, saying who’s the pre season ten in the mountains. SMH
How do you guys rank them now.......