5 Johnson Central
6 Belfry
7 Hazard
8 Perry Central
9 North Laurel
10 Breathitt County
(09-13-2022, 10:10 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(09-13-2022, 08:48 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote:
(08-18-2022, 10:05 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: You know thinking back to last year, Johnson Central didn’t get much respect in this poll either. Johnson Central is the top dog till someone knocks them off the roost.

They may not be as good as years past, but they are still the best team on that list... IMO
Well it’s a good thing north laurel isn’t on that list…..

The NL and JC game was a one point difference and I'll confidently take JC in a 10 game series against NL. It's early in the season and I am not sure that a 1 point loss is something to get too bent out of shape over. Especially since NL is a good quality team as they have proven by narrowly escaping JC. 

Also, by your logic, Bell should be ranked above NL because Bell beat NL. Now let me ask you, is that a fair assessment? 

I am not sure if your response to my post was because I said that JC was better than your hounds but I assure you that a bad year for the JC program is still a desirable year for most.

(08-18-2022, 10:05 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: You know thinking back to last year, Johnson Central didn’t get much respect in this poll either. Johnson Central is the top dog till someone knocks them off the roost.

They may not be as good as years past, but they are still the best team on that list... IMO

Should have mentioned... I do not consider Bell a top ten team in the Mtns.... but again, just my opinion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheStickyBandit's post:
  • BobcatForever
(09-14-2022, 08:40 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote:

The NL and JC game was a one point difference and I'll confidently take JC in a 10 game series against NL. It's early in the season and I am not sure that a 1 point loss is something to get too bent out of shape over. Especially since NL is a good quality team as they have proven by narrowly escaping JC. 

Also, by your logic, Bell should be ranked above NL because Bell beat NL. Now let me ask you, is that a fair assessment? 

I am not sure if your response to my post was because I said that JC was better than your hounds but I assure you that a bad year for the JC program is still a desirable year for most.

Should have mentioned... I do not consider Bell a top ten team in the Mtns.... but again, just my opinion.
You Know What They Say About Opinions Every One Has One!!
(09-14-2022, 11:23 AM)BobcatForever Wrote:

That's fair.... Didn't mean to step on any bobcat toes
I didn't know Bobcats have toes...... Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • North laurel Fan, TD Hounds, TheStickyBandit
(09-14-2022, 07:14 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I didn't know Bobcats have toes...... Smile

Toes I don’t know about but egos….wow
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, TheStickyBandit
(09-14-2022, 12:12 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 11:23 AM)BobcatForever Wrote:
(09-13-2022, 08:48 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: They may not be as good as years past, but they are still the best team on that list... IMO

(09-13-2022, 08:48 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: They may not be as good as years past, but they are still the best team on that list... IMO

That's fair.... Didn't mean to step on any bobcat toes
didn't take it offensive at all lol!!! It is all good haha
[-] The following 1 user Likes BobcatForever's post:
  • TheStickyBandit
[Image: https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...e=632E0EBF]Updated Mountain Top 10 
1. Corbin
2. Southwestern
3. Pulaski County
4. Pikeville
5. Johnson Central
6. Hazard
7. North Laurel
8. Belfry
9. Perry Central
10. Pineville
(09-20-2022, 09:17 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Updated Mountain Top 10 
1. Corbin
2. Southwestern
3. Pulaski County
4. Pikeville
5. Johnson Central
6. Hazard
7. North Laurel
8. Belfry
9. Perry Central
10. Pineville
Top 5 look right to me. I would move Hazard down and may move Bell Co over Pineville. Ill be interested to see Pineville against some better competition.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wolfcat's post:
  • TheStickyBandit
Updated Mountain Top 10

1. Corbin
2. Southwestern
3. Pulaski County
4. Pikeville
5. Hazard
6. North Laurel
7. Johnson Central
8. Belfry
9. Letcher Central
10. Pineville
As bad as I hate to admit it. Bell should be in there. Also agree with the top 4

No my post was to bull when he said JC until someone beats them. So I said NL. But I was just stiring the pot. I would take JC in that game everyday! Twice if I could haha. I said in a different thread, sometimes you just have those games. But no part of me thinks NL is better than JC even with that game.

we would beat the brakes off of pineville
(09-27-2022, 07:17 AM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: we would beat the brakes off of pineville
As bad as I hate bell Co and Dudley. Yes you would. And probably beat about 2-3 other teams on there too
I think somebody at WYMT forgot that North Laurel had a football team and is now moving them up a little bit each week. Johnson Central or North Laurel would thoroughly dominate Hazard. I think both are stronger than Pikeville as well, but those would be good, competitive games. I mean no disrespect to Pikeville. I think that Pikeville will beat Madison Central and will move past Southwestern if North Laurel wins this week and I can at least understand the logic behind ranking Pikeville 4th.
JC would have to improve to beat Pikeville right now and no way NL would. Pikeville is better than Pulaski Co. and maybe even SW. I would even take Pikeville over Corbin now that they have their offense figured out. But the poll is ok and I would have Pikeville 3rd based on game scores alone. Except for Pineville being in there and JC should be above Hazard the poll is solid...
(09-27-2022, 11:46 AM)jetpilot Wrote: JC would have to improve to beat Pikeville right now and no way NL would. Pikeville is better than Pulaski Co. and maybe even SW. I would even take Pikeville over Corbin now that they have their offense figured out. But the poll is ok and I would have Pikeville 3rd based on game scores alone. Except for Pineville being in there and JC should be above Hazard the poll is solid...
You are wrong, JP, but since they will not be playing, we will never know for sure. Pikeville will likely run the table with running clocks, as Johnson Central may do. Pikeville is a good 1A team in a very weak class. Pikeville would have to pass a lot to have any chance to beat JC and JC has a pretty good pass defense. JC shutdown Ironton's stud running back who is destined to Wisconsin, and I don't think that Pikeville is close to being as strong offensively as Ironton is.
I’d agree pikeville would be NL. JC I really don’t know. Not seen enough of JC to make that prediction. But I’d say it would be a close game for whoever. Also jet, you have to think too that Corbin didn’t have their offense figured out that game either.
(09-27-2022, 12:51 PM)Hound05 Wrote: I’d agree pikeville would be NL. JC I really don’t know. Not seen enough of JC to make that prediction. But I’d say it would be a close game for whoever. Also jet, you have to think too that Corbin didn’t have their offense figured out that game either.
Only Pikeville improves after losses.  Smile It is just a coincidence that Pikeville's offense started clicking after they played the two best defensive teams of their schedule. LCA looked extremely weak, Belfry is way down this season, as is Paintsville. So, Pikeville has lost to a good 4A team, a good 5A team, and beat the brakes off of three teams having awful seasons so far, but Jet is sure that Pikeville would beat Johnson Central.

From what I have seen, if you can contain Burchfield and Boykins, Pikeville will have a very tough time beating a good team, which is what Corbin did. Johnson Central struggled with its offensive line and special teams early in the season because of inexperience but its defense has allowed less than 70 rushing yards per game. Ironton ran for the most yardage against JC, which was 111 yards. Their Wisconsin-bound running back was a non-factor in the game.

Maybe Pikeville is loaded with offensive threats in practice, but so far Burchfield and Boykins have accounted for 60 percent of their total offensive yardage. They would have to diversify their offense a lot to have any chance of beating Johnson Central because the Golden Eagles would take away at least one of Pikeville's primary offensive weapons, just as Corbin did. Covington Catholic is not that strong defensively against the run and I am surprised that they beat Pikeville on the road this season.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Hound05, TheStickyBandit
Yea hoot if you look at the stats on our game and Cov cath. You’re right. Probably more than 60%. We held them to 160 yards rushing and 68 passing. But they also held us to 77 passing yards. But we got over 250 on the ground. No doubt if we played again, I would bet they’d get more passing yards, but I know we would too. And that 257 rushing was with combs at RB for only a half. I would love to see pikeville and JC play. And jet you’re gonna hate me, but after looking at the stats from all the games between JC and pike, in a series of 10 I’d have to go with JC winning at least 6 people of them. But it’s all hypothetical. So if you do get mad, just get hypothetically mad at me? Hahah. Seriously though, both are solid teams that are gonna make noise in about 6 weeks. I will say pikeville probably has a greater chance at a title though.
(09-27-2022, 01:23 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-27-2022, 12:51 PM)Hound05 Wrote: I’d agree pikeville would be NL. JC I really don’t know. Not seen enough of JC to make that prediction. But I’d say it would be a close game for whoever. Also jet, you have to think too that Corbin didn’t have their offense figured out that game either.
Only Pikeville improves after losses.  Smile It is just a coincidence that Pikeville's offense started clicking after they played the two best defensive teams of their schedule. LCA looked extremely weak, Belfry is way down this season, as is Paintsville. So, Pikeville has lost to a good 4A team, a good 5A team, and beat the brakes off of three teams having awful seasons so far, but Jet is sure that Pikeville would beat Johnson Central.

From what I have seen, if you can contain Burchfield and Boykins, Pikeville will have a very tough time beating a good team, which is what Corbin did. Johnson Central struggled with its offensive line and special teams early in the season because of inexperience but its defense has allowed less than 70 rushing yards per game. Ironton ran for the most yardage against JC, which was 111 yards. Their Wisconsin-bound running back was a non-factor in the game.

Maybe Pikeville is loaded with offensive threats in practice, but so far Burchfield and Boykins have accounted for 60 percent of their total offensive yardage. They would have to diversify their offense a lot to have any chance of beating Johnson Central because the Golden Eagles would take away at least one of Pikeville's primary offensive weapons, just as Corbin did. Covington Catholic is not that strong defensively against the run and I am surprised that they beat Pikeville on the road this season.

Pikeville was rotating QBs in the first two games which went down to the final minute. Come down and go to some games.
And Cov Cath is ranked around 5th overall in most polls. Pikeville should have won that game anyway with a guy at QB who doesn't even play QB anymore. And check Pikeville QB's stats passing AND rushing since he took over at QB.
(09-27-2022, 01:39 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Yea hoot if you look at the stats on our game and Cov cath. You’re right. Probably more than 60%. We held them to 160 yards rushing and 68 passing. But they also held us to 77 passing yards. But we got over 250 on the ground. No doubt if we played again, I would bet they’d get more passing yards, but I know we would too. And that 257 rushing was with combs at RB for only a half. I would love to see pikeville and JC play. And jet you’re gonna hate me, but after looking at the stats from all the games between JC and pike, in a series of 10 I’d have to go with JC winning at least 6 people of them. But it’s all hypothetical. So if you do get mad, just get hypothetically mad at me? Hahah. Seriously though, both are solid teams that are gonna make noise in about 6 weeks. I will say pikeville probably has a greater chance at a title though.
Not mad at you Hound I just think Pikeville is better than Corbin and JC if they played this week.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Hound05
(09-27-2022, 02:22 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-27-2022, 01:23 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Pikeville was rotating QBs in the first two games which went down to the final minute. Come down and go to some games.
And Cov Cath is ranked around 5th overall in most polls. Pikeville should have won that game anyway with a guy at QB who doesn't even play QB anymore. And check Pikeville QB's stats passing AND rushing since he took over at QB.
I watched Pikeville play Corbin, Covington Catholic, and LCA. I have also watched several of Johnson Central's games, including North Laurel and Ironton. Pikeville is not the only team in the state that has improved as the season has progressed. Pikeville's opponents have been weak since they settled on a quarterback. They would have trounced LCA and their other opponents, regardless of where Boykins played.
CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2022] Pikeville (KY) 35, [2022] Johnson Central (Paintsville, KY) 17

CALPREPS.COM

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2022] Pikeville (KY) 26, [2022] Corbin (KY) 24

Add 6 points for Pikeville playing at home since Corbin had home field advantage last time...
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Deuce8
(09-27-2022, 03:47 PM)jetpilot Wrote: CALPREPS.COM

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

CALPREPS.COM

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

Add 6 points for Pikeville playing at home since Corbin had home field advantage last time...

This is probably the same algorithm that creates the RPI   Smile Smile
(09-27-2022, 03:53 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote:

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

CALPREPS.COM

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

Shows what you know SB!

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

CALPREPS.COM

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

You probably think that CAL is a top 5 team in all classes too. Johnson Central has a weak schedule ahead of them. By playoff time, Pikeville may be favored by CalPreps by four touchdowns but only somebody who does not follow football would consider Pikeville the favorite in that match-up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • TheStickyBandit
(09-27-2022, 02:23 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-27-2022, 01:39 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Yea hoot if you look at the stats on our game and Cov cath. You’re right. Probably more than 60%. We held them to 160 yards rushing and 68 passing. But they also held us to 77 passing yards. But we got over 250 on the ground. No doubt if we played again, I would bet they’d get more passing yards, but I know we would too. And that 257 rushing was with combs at RB for only a half. I would love to see pikeville and JC play. And jet you’re gonna hate me, but after looking at the stats from all the games between JC and pike, in a series of 10 I’d have to go with JC winning at least 6 people of them. But it’s all hypothetical. So if you do get mad, just get hypothetically mad at me? Hahah. Seriously though, both are solid teams that are gonna make noise in about 6 weeks. I will say pikeville probably has a greater chance at a title though.
Not mad at you Hound I just think Pikeville is better than Corbin and JC if they played this week.
I know. I’m just messing with ya. Hell it might come down to a coin flip. But IMHO, I’d trust it more than CalPreps. They also say Corbin has a tougher schedule than boyle as well in there. I don’t believe that, just yet anyways. I’m sure you’ve read my post that said where I’m not sure how good Boyle, JC, and Corbin’s opponents and wins are. But even at this point I’d be shocked if our SOS was stronger than boyles. But with us, the reason I think the result would be about the same is, Duty passed it just as much in our game as he has when you kept him at QB. Actually 2nd most overall with 13, and 15 being the most all season. And boykins and birtchfield got about the same about of rushes as you’d expect with how you got it now. The offensive ratio with our game is about the same as it now that you guys have them set. About the same passes by the the starting QB and same amount of rushes by the starting Rb,
etc. You obviously get a little more touches playing paintsville or someone like that than you would a Corbin or a JC. But the only thing that’s really different in our game compared to the rest is yards per play. We stopped him when he ran and when duty threw compared to other teams when they got about the same amount of touches. I don’t know why one would expect the YPD to go up in another matchup when they avg about the same touches that they normally do. That would be like me arguing we’ll Cameron combs only played RB a half and so did our QB, but combs got about as many touches as he would anyways, but if he played RB the whole time it would go up for some reason. But who knows.  At least it gives us sometbing to talk about. Good luck. Keep winning. We need some RPI points
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • jetpilot
(09-27-2022, 03:58 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-27-2022, 03:53 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote:

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

CALPREPS.COM

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

Shows what you know SB!
Idk much but I heard that Pikeville was so good this year that the KHSAA was going to ask them to play up into the 4A State Championship. Already reserved them a spot in the game and everything. 

Woah

I'm only kidding with ya Jet  Smile 

I'd rather see Pikeville win 1A than anyone else.
[-] The following 2 users Like TheStickyBandit's post:
  • 64SUR, jetpilot
(09-27-2022, 04:21 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

CALPREPS.COM

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

You probably think that CAL is a top 5 team in all classes too. Johnson Central has a weak schedule ahead of them. By playoff time, Pikeville may be favored by CalPreps by four touchdowns but only somebody who does not follow football would consider Pikeville the favorite in that match-up.
No, lots of people who follow football would consider Pikeville the favorite in that matchup.