Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central Program Under Investigation by KHSAA
Don Carlo Wrote:The kid was CLEARED to play by the KHSAA at the begining of the season. Some people on these boards still think that the kid wasn't cleared to play from the get go and that's totally FALSE. He was eligible to play until last Thursday.

All I can figure is someone knew somethin the KHSAA didn't know at the beginnin of the season, therefore they are now investigatin the entire situation.
Redneck Wrote:This kinda makes ya think, how can JC get in trouble and penalized for somethin this small, yet Belfry has players that live in WV playin for them. It doesn't bother me that Belfry has boys from WV playinbecause I do agree that a kid should be allowed to play at whatever school they want, but couldn't teams they have played and beat complain to the KHSAA and havin somethin done about it.

Amen brotha! This is exactly what I am talking about.
Darn, I hate it for 'em...I really do.
Redneck Wrote:This kinda makes ya think, how can JC get in trouble and penalized for somethin this small, yet Belfry has players that live in WV playin for them. It doesn't bother me that Belfry has boys from WV playinbecause I do agree that a kid should be allowed to play at whatever school they want, but couldn't teams they have played and beat complain to the KHSAA and havin somethin done about it.

Dude, have you forgot how many Belfry folk are on here??? This might get good... :yum:
You are braver than I am.
hahaha
:Thumbs:
This thread is not about Belfry and will be closed if it strays like the other thread that was about this topic.
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
What if a kid lives out of state and moves in with a family to Kentucky, This new family has legal guardianship over the kid moving into state... How does this rule work? Is he able to be a legal player or not???
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
From anything I can decipher, I think the key is "legal guardianship" maybe? I guess they think if someone is willing to sign their kid over to strangers for the purpose of playing at a better program, then they must really be committed and don't want to penalize them? That's just how I read the rulings, but more than likely its wrong.
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:This is pathetic. The KHSAA is going to cause yet another kid to be inelegible. I wonder why teams like F.T. Highlands and several other Northern Kentucky teams never get this crap. I'm sure $ has a lot to do with it.

The KHSAA investigated Highlands back in 2004 over a transfer player. The kids name was Mike Mitchell, one of if not their best player. The KHSAA ruled the kid ineligible early in the season but Highlands got a court injuctions saying the kid could play. The KHSAA warned that Highlands would have to forfeit wins that Mitchell played in, but they played him knowingly so. The week of the state finals, they(KHSAA) again stepped in and ruled Mitchell ineligible thus he sat out the State Championship against Boyle Co. Highlands had to forfeit all wins in which Mitchell played, but still retained its State Championship in 2004 with a 2-13 record.

If the KHSAA doens't make a ruling by this Friday, it shouldn't effect JC's playoff picture. The games will already be set and the playoffs underway next week. The next 2 days will probably decide JC's fate.
How come Casey Brown couldn't get eligible this year but this kid did?
Redneck Wrote:How come Casey Brown couldn't get eligible this year but this kid did?

I have heard two seperate things. I first heard Paintsville wouldn't release him and I have also heard that Lawrence Co. wouldn't release him. I don't think that it's Lawrence as much as Paintsville. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did he ever move out of Johnson Co. when he transferred to LC? Cause if he didn't, Paintsville would be the only one who would have a say about whether he plays or not. This kid moved from McCreary Co. He was not already a resident of Johnson Co., like Casey Brown was, therefore he had a bona fide move.
Always in the past Paintsville and JC have had a reciprocating agreement that allowed kids to transfer between the 2 school (or this is my understanding of it). I find it funny that when kids start moving from town to county that all of the sudden foul is being cried. It was all fine when they were moving from JC to Paintsville.
Keepnitreal Wrote:Always in the past Paintsville and JC have had a reciprocating agreement that allowed kids to transfer between the 2 school (or this is my understanding of it). I find it funny that when kids start moving from town to county that all of the sudden foul is being cried. It was all fine when they were moving from JC to Paintsville.

No one questioned Justin Murray leaving either. Anyone know if he is elgible?
Don Carlo Wrote:The kid was CLEARED to play by the KHSAA at the begining of the season. Some people on these boards still think that the kid wasn't cleared to play from the get go and that's totally FALSE. He was eligible to play until last Thursday.

If what you are saying is correct KHSSA will probable clear him once again.
Paintsville inspector Wrote:No one questioned Justin Murray leaving either. Anyone know if he is elgible?

Let me make it clear. I've not heard that Paintsville had anything to do with this alligation and I'm not making any accusations. But it looks very strange. In light off the rumor my daughter, who attends JCHS, asked me about that she heard at school, which I will not voice in an open forum. I don't want to believe it, but it makes you think!

I was told that Justin Murray, a senior who started for JC last year, has been cleared to play for Paintsville (basketball).
Look, I hope everything works out for the best for both the kid and JC. Well.....maybe more than a little of me would like to see the "Apple Barrell" come back to PHS. LOL
But from what I have been told, and this by JC people, the kid moved and the KHSAA cleared him, then someone blew the whistle because his move was not within the guidelines set up for the transfer, that the KHSAA is investigating. Most of the time the KHSAA doesn't investigate until someone complains.
I am sure that the KHSAA didn't come to Johnson Co. and check the move in person. But now they are.
The KHSAA will determine if the kid's transfer was proper, if it was, then nothing will be done. But if they find out that the kid moved in with another family (and it was not his legal guardian, which in this case it wasn't) they might just make him ineligible in the games befor his parents moved into JC. But they do have the right to disqualify all games he played in.
Best case scenario, nothing done.
Worst case, KHSAA declares his entire season ineligible early enough for JCHS to forfeit all games in which he played in and miss the playoffs. I am hoping for best case scenario.
I just wonder why would Paintsville even care about this. It's football and those two schools are in totally different classes and Paintsville has nothing to gain from it. I didn't even hear about this until last week when the story broke on here and many of the Paintsville people I have talked to said they didn't even know who the kid was or how long he had been there. My best opinion is that a school in JC's district found out and tried to help out their playoff picture or one of the players on JC's team that didn't get playing time got mad and quit then reported it for revenge. So many different scenarios can come about this and really no need in pointing the finger at anyone because no one knows for sure where it come from and no one probably ever will. Sometimes someone will stick their foot in their mouth and let it slip by accident, and I'm pretty sure that is the only way anyone will find out. Rumors run wild when something like this comes about and kids begin to talk without knowing for sure what is going on. The first person anyone would want to put the blame on is their rival school. The only way I can see it is that no news is good news when concerning a ruling by the KHSAA.
From reading these posts it sounds like to me that the kid moved to Johnson County, got cleared to play for JC, BUT wasn't living where he had reported. He must have been living with someone other than whoever had been reported to the KHSAA. JC should have known better than that. You can't just move to a different school district and live with just anyone!!
Has anyone heard when the KHSAA will reach their final decision?
Jus to clear up sumthin...the big IF JC was forced to give up games that he played in, they would still have been eligible for playoffs, as he didnt play in the district finale against Ashland, therefor giving JC one district win, good enuff for 4th place.Wink
And as Grizz said before, your gonna have to beat the best somewhere down the line, so it really doesnt matter when ya meet em.
Redneck Wrote:How come Casey Brown couldn't get eligible this year but this kid did?

Because a certain coach of a Red/Black team north of Johnson County went personally to the KHSAA hearing and protested Casey playing at JC this year.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Jus to clear up sumthin...the big IF JC was forced to give up games that he played in, they would still have been eligible for playoffs, as he didnt play in the district finale against Ashland, therefor giving JC one district win, good enuff for 4th place.Wink
And as Grizz said before, your gonna have to beat the best somewhere down the line, so it really doesnt matter when ya meet em.
After looking up the KHSAA it looks as though there are only 4 teams in JC's district. auto bid to play-offs it seems.
But if they have the 4 seed, then they have to play Woodford again, and they layed a spanking on the Eagle's last time.
Kayaker Wrote:I have heard two seperate things. I first heard Paintsville wouldnt release him and I have also heard that Lawrence Co. wouldnt release him. I dont think that its Lawrence as much as Paintsville. Correct me if Im wrong, but did he every move out of Johnson Co. when he transferred to LC. Cause if he didnt Paintsville would be the only one who would have a say about whether he plays or not. This kid moved from McCreary Co. He was not already a resident of Johnson Co. like Casey Brown was therefore he had a bona fide move.

Paintsville released him the day he transferred to LC, I know that for a fact. Casey did move, he moved from Riceville to Staffordsville.
No, actually 5 teams. Ashland is the team out this year. Its a little tougher in 5A to make it in. Not sure how many districts, if any, are auto-ins? Like i referred to what grizz had said, whats really the difference of going up there next week or in 2 weeks. Either way, if everyone thats rooting for Jc to get punished, did get their wishes, JC would still have to face Woodford in the next 2 weeks.
Keepnitreal Wrote:Always in the past Paintsville and JC have had a reciprocating agreement that allowed kids to transfer between the 2 school (or this is my understanding of it). I find it funny that when kids start moving from town to county that all of the sudden foul is being cried. It was all fine when they were moving from JC to Paintsville.

That's BS. Paintsville hasn't kept any student athletes from transferrin to play somewhere else. They released Casey the day he left so unless you are talkin about someone else we don't know about, please enlighten us.
Going back on my last post, I not real sure if I think its harder to make it in in 5A or not. I mean, the competition goes up with some of the larger schools staying put, but ya also have the insane amount of teams that now make the playoffs with this alignment. Whats other people think about that? Especially for schools that have been moved up a class or two from previous years. Ya think that makes it harder with playing larger schools, or does the "watering down" with the # of teams that make it in, make it easier?
Ring'Em Up Wrote:No, actually 5 teams. Ashland is the team out this year. Its a little tougher in 5A to make it in. Not sure how many districts, if any, are auto-ins? Like i referred to what grizz had said, whats really the difference of going up there next week or in 2 weeks. Either way, if everyone thats rooting for Jc to get punished, did get their wishes, JC would still have to face Woodford in the next 2 weeks.
I stand corrected.
I hope them the best in the play-offs.
But in reality, if anyone at JC knew this kid was living with another player's family and his own family had not made the legit move befor he enrolled and started playing for the Eagles, then they should be punnished for pure idiocy!
Not trying to bash anyone, but knowingly allowing your program to be put in this kind of jeopardy (whether they get in any trouble or not) is just plain stupid. And if it was my school...I would quit trying to blame outside schools and people and look at the real idiots that try and plead ignorance as an excuse! I have seen my school try to ignore the rules and don't think for a minute that I have ever backed them for it. We had a former Super Indentent that tried to tell me that the KHSAA was mistaken in their own rules!!! What a big fat dummy he ended up being!
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Going back on my last post, I not real sure if I think its harder to make it in in 5A or not. I mean, the competition goes up with some of the larger schools staying put, but ya also have the insane amount of teams that now make the playoffs with this alignment. Whats other people think about that? Especially for schools that have been moved up a class or two from previous years. Ya think that makes it harder with playing larger schools, or does the "watering down" with the # of teams that make it in, make it easier?
I don't think it has changed much, the top 2-3 teams are still in it, it just gives some teams a chance they had never had befor to make it.
I wish they just took the top 2 teams in the district anyway!
Yeah. That would make for alot more better overall seasons, I think. I mean, I know a school wants to win everytime out. But knowing ya can lose a game or 2, or 3 in district and still make it to when it counts is not good, in my opinion If they want all these teams to make it to postseason, get them doing what every other team that makes it year in-year out does...work hard and outperform the others. Seriously, have you looked at all the 0-10, 1-9 etc teams that are already in this year? Embarrasing for the whole state, I think. But, isnt it always about the almighty $$$$ ?

I bet I'm about to get a scolding for being off topic. Will be back on next post. Promise.:o
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Going back on my last post, I not real sure if I think its harder to make it in in 5A or not. I mean, the competition goes up with some of the larger schools staying put, but ya also have the insane amount of teams that now make the playoffs with this alignment. Whats other people think about that? Especially for schools that have been moved up a class or two from previous years. Ya think that makes it harder with playing larger schools, or does the "watering down" with the # of teams that make it in, make it easier?
Talk about 2 many teams making play-offs!!! Only 3 teams in the state are not eligible fpr play-offs and in 6A, only 4 teams won't make it, 5A has only 4 teams that won't, 4A will have 3 teams absent, 3A has 7 teams that won't punch a ticket, 2A will see only 1 team sit out, and class A has 9 teams staying home!!! Rediculous!!!
All about the Benjiman's!!!
Tiger98 Wrote:Because a certain coach of a Red/Black team north of Johnson County went personally to the KHSAA hearing and protested Casey playing at JC this year.

This is exactly what I heard and brought up in a thread at the beginning of the season. I know this is true for a fact. I know one of JC's personally and he said that Billy Goldsmith threw the biggest fit known to man because he was losing another player. He then went to the KHSAA, which eventually, caused the kid his elegibility for the season.
But back to the topic at hand, I still don't see what makes it ok for the kid to even go to school. (And yes, I'm fully aware of the rules. I just think they are a bit ridiculous. You can go to a school and live with whoever, but you can't play sports unless you live with your legal guardian. .)