Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers 24 - Bengals 13
BFritz Wrote:It's funny how I get told I have no football knowledge when I make comments people can view as incorrect, but when someone makes a comment like that that's obviously incorrect, it's ok and they have plenty of football knowledge.

Where do I start? The incomplete pass? Good idea. You can see half of the ball on the replay, his other hand's not under it, so he trapped it if anything, because the ball was moving around, and neither hand was under it, so he didn't have control. So, WITHOUT EVEN A REASONABLE DOUBT, it was incomplete.

Now the biggest flaw in football knowledge: that was the Steelers first score, and if you take that away, nothing in that game would have gone the same way, and I mean NOTHING. How could you even think the game would have gone the exact same way? Please explain that to me.

Without a reasonable doubt it was incomplete? I really would love to see your evidence, that your so confident that without a reasonable doubt it was "incomplete". They didn't have the angle from the other side to see whether his left hand was on the ball, and considering the original calling was a complete catch, chances are it is not going to be overturned.

The rest of your post is just garbage, you keep trying to start arguments. You lost, it is what it is.
5timechamp Wrote:The replay where you could see the ball on the ground....you could not see his hands and the ball was not clearly moving!

Who Dey?

WE DEY!

Well....I suggest you contact CBS and possibly they can get a message to Randy Cross for you. Because those were his comments. As a Bengals fan, sure I saw it moving and hit the ground. As a Steeler fan obviously you saw something else. As an unbiased commentator, Randy Cross thought the call should've been reversed.

Now this call was obviously a factor in Pittsburghs first touchdown. But on the touchdown play to Ward on that same drive....the Bengals only had 10 players on the field. Whos fault was that? Not yours, not mine and not the Refs.....it was the coaches fault & theres no excuse for it.
Bengal Cat Wrote:Well....I suggest you contact CBS and possibly they can get a message to Randy Cross for you. Because those were his comments. As a Bengals fan, sure I saw it moving and hit the ground. As a Steeler fan obviously you saw something else. As an unbiased commentator, Randy Cross thought the call should've been reversed.

Now this call was obviously a factor in Pittsburghs first touchdown. But on the touchdown play to Ward on that same drive....the Bengals only had 10 players on the field. Whos fault was that? Not yours, not mine and not the Refs.....it was the coaches fault & theres no excuse for it.

See, the only problem with that is, Randy Cross doesn't get to decide. The Refs reviewed the play and came out with what they thought. There was NO PROOF suggesting he didn't catch it.
BCFan Wrote:See, the only problem with that is, Randy Cross doesn't get to decide. The Refs reviewed the play and came out with what they thought. There was NO PROOF suggesting he didn't catch it.

Randy Cross doesn't get to decide???? OMG and all this time I thought his decision was final.

Seriously.....you missed the whole point of what I was saying. In the end....the only opinion that matters is the officials. What I was trying to point out was that someone other than Bengal fans thought it should be reversed. But once again.......I can't sit here and say that call was the reason Pitt scored when we didn't have enough sense to have 11 players on the field. Plus Im still ticked off about Marvin "wimping out" on the decision not to go for it on 4th and 1 from the 2.
Bengal Cat Wrote:Randy Cross doesn't get to decide???? OMG and all this time I thought his decision was final.

Seriously.....you missed the whole point of what I was saying. In the end....the only opinion that matters is the officials. What I was trying to point out was that someone other than Bengal fans thought it should be reversed. But once again.......I can't sit here and say that call was the reason Pitt scored when we didn't have enough sense to have 11 players on the field. Plus Im still ticked off about Marvin "wimping out" on the decision not to go for it on 4th and 1 from the 2.

In the end...you basically just restated what I've been saying the whole time in your paragraph. Someone else besides a Bengals fan? That doesn't mean anything, different people take things differently, but I will trust the professionals that were chosen by the NFL for that exact purpose.

Sure, you can say there were only 10 players on the field. But who's fault is that? The Teams. If the team doesn't have enough sense to have the correct number of players, they probably aren't going to do much anyway...
Midee1 Wrote:Are you trying to start an argument. Obviously whom ever you are trying to call out are failing to take the bait.

Please quit trolling for arguments. It is starting to be very unbecoming of you. If someone wants to comment on a thread the so be it but if not do not try to get them to.

Not trying to start an argument, but this is a forum for debate, and I was simply asking him to make sense of his comments and wondering when alfus was going to comment since he was so quick to judge my football knowledge.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BCFan Wrote:Without a reasonable doubt it was incomplete? I really would love to see your evidence, that your so confident that without a reasonable doubt it was "incomplete". They didn't have the angle from the other side to see whether his left hand was on the ball, and considering the original calling was a complete catch, chances are it is not going to be overturned.

The rest of your post is just garbage, you keep trying to start arguments. You lost, it is what it is.

Yes, without a reasonable doubt it was incomplete, because his hand wasn't under the ball, and that was the argument that you originally made. Now you're saying that his left hand might have had control, which then the ball wouldn't have been moving around so much, and I believe that your hands have to be under it or show visible control before the ball hits the ground, which neither hand was under it and it was moving around too much to have ever showed control.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
I agree that the refs definitely missed the call on that pass. It obviously hit the ground on the replay, I don't see how anyone can say differently. They must have been watching another game.

However, that is not the only reason they lost. Marvin Lewis has to take some of the blame for losing his...ah...guts. Sad
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Watch enough Steeler Games and you know that Randy Cross rarely ever says anything postive about the Steelers until they have the game in hand and he has no choice.
5timechamp Wrote:Watch enough Steeler Games and you know that Randy Cross rarely ever says anything postive about the Steelers until they have the game in hand and he has no choice.
Randy Cross sucks..its almost as bad as when Bill Walsh called games.."when I was at San Fran this, and when I was at San Fran that"..crap got old after about 4 seasons worth of 49er stories, lol..
BCFan Wrote:In the end...you basically just restated what I've been saying the whole time in your paragraph. Someone else besides a Bengals fan? That doesn't mean anything, different people take things differently, but I will trust the professionals that were chosen by the NFL for that exact purpose.

Sure, you can say there were only 10 players on the field. But who's fault is that? The Teams. If the team doesn't have enough sense to have the correct number of players, they probably aren't going to do much anyway...
Trust the professionals in the NFL, and I will trust my common sense and football knowledge: the ball was moving so much and you can clearly see it BOUNCE, so, even in the slight possibility that his other hand was gripping it, he couldn't have caught the ball and had control of it.

The replay clearly shows that, but you trust the professionals??
BFritz Wrote:Yes, without a reasonable doubt it was incomplete, because his hand wasn't under the ball, and that was the argument that you originally made. Now you're saying that his left hand might have had control, which then the ball wouldn't have been moving around so much, and I believe that your hands have to be under it or show visible control before the ball hits the ground, which neither hand was under it and it was moving around too much to have ever showed control.

Say what you want, but I'm going to stick with the experienced professionals. It's definitely an arguable call, but theres going to be one of those every game and if your a good enough team, you can overcome it. Just look at the interception call against Pittsburgh in 05 against Indy, and you will understand what I'm saying.

When the original ruling is a completed pass, they look for evidence saying it's not. And they had no evidence to say his left hand was not on the ball. And everyone knows Randy Cross hates Pittsburgh.
BFritz Wrote:Not trying to start an argument, but this is a forum for debate, and I was simply asking him to make sense of his comments and wondering when alfus was going to comment since he was so quick to judge my football knowledge.

and you cannot see that this was an inflammatory comment? He has moved on from that bickering. I would suggest you do the same.
Because you can see the ball does not mean its moving......
BCFan Wrote:Sure, you can say there were only 10 players on the field. But who's fault is that? The Teams. If the team doesn't have enough sense to have the correct number of players, they probably aren't going to do much anyway...

I have come to the conclusion that its absolutely impossible to try to state your case. BCFan.....if you would take the time to read my posts in this thread you would see that the quote above from you is exactly what I said. I blamed the Bengals coaches for only having 10 players on the field. Read the last paragraph in post #32 of this thread. Geeeesh

As for Randy Cross liking or disliking Pittsburgh....I have no idea. But his dislike for Cincy goes all the way back to when he played for the '9ers against the Bengals in the Super Bowl.
5timechamp Wrote:Because you can see the ball does not mean its moving......
You could see the ball dropping, his hand wasn't under it, his one hand was nowhere near it, so the only possible way that he caught it was if he somehow got a good enough grip on the ball to palm it, and then he would have had to keep palming the ball as it bounced, and if you saw how fast it bounced, it's physically impossible.

I take it you didn't see the play, you could see it bounce.
Incredible. A week after the game and we're still bickering over a questionable call. The call didn't decide the game. Poor coaching and poor defense lost this game. Not a call. I tried to tell you in the preseason BFritz that the Bengal defense wasn't good. You said they were dramatically improved. You disagreed. I said they were an 8-8 team at best. You disagreed. This call didn't lose the game. I'm sure you will disagree with that too.
Game has been over for nearly a week, time to get on with your lives. So Closed!