Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers 24 - Bengals 13
Congrats Steeler fans.

I thought the turning point in this game was Marvins lack of guts in the first half. Not going for it on 4th and short on the Steelers 40 was a borderline decision. You can make the case either way on that one. But towards the end of the first half to kick a FG when you are in the red zone on a 4th and less than 2 is crazy. With an average or better defense the move makes sense. But this defense is way below average. So they kick the FG and what happens? The Steelers drive right down the field and score a TD right before the half......nice call there Marv. A TD in that situation and it changes everything. Also....I don't want to hear how well the defense played in the second half and Pitt only scored 3. That was the gameplan of the Steelers. They wanted to shorten the game and take time off the clock. Wasn't anything the defense did other than the INT.
Im so proud of my Steelers...done exactly what they needed to do, when they needed to do it. They opened the game throwing, and ran the ball at will against the Bengal D..the entire second half was basically executed PERFECTLY...The only mistake was Big Ben throwing the INT after driving the ball down the field right after halftime. But all in all, I was thrilled. Its always a vicious game in Cincy, and Pittsburgh got a much needed and deserved win. I picked the score 24-13, and knew it would be somewhere in that area...but its a great day to be a Steeler!!!! WOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!
Every time the Bengals scored, they let Pitt go right back down the field and answer. Must be nice to play against a defense you know you can do what you want when you want.
your right though man...Marvin Lewis was scared to death to take chances..when he didnt go for it on 4th down, I think that ripped the confidence out of the offense..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:your right though man...Marvin Lewis was scared to death to take chances..when he didnt go for it on 4th down, I think that ripped the confidence out of the offense..

I know he ripped it out of me......lol. Everybody with half a brain knows the strength of the Bengals is the offense. There comes a time when you have to make a stand and say ......we are going to impose our will and dictate to you instead of you dictating to us. If they score a TD there....its 14-10, Bengals have the mo, everybodys fired up and its a different game. But you know what they say about ifs.....if if ands and buts were candy and nuts, everyday would be Christmas.

Bottom line is though....if you can't get 1 yard at or about the 10 yardline, at home with basically your season on the line, then you don't deserve to win. As a coach, you have to have more confidence in your offense than that....just my opinion.
Heres Marvins quote after the game regarding the play I mentioned above.

Didn't anticipate it??????? What defense have you been watching all year Marv????
Bengal Cat Wrote:Heres Marvins quote after the game regarding the play I mentioned above.

Didn't anticipate it??????? What defense have you been watching all year Marv????
lol, I read that on ESPN.com...I dont know what would have given him that idea, Pittsburgh ran AT WILL on Cincy the last two drives before that one..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:lol, I read that on ESPN.com...I dont know what would have given him that idea, Pittsburgh ran AT WILL on Cincy the last two drives before that one..

When you hear your head coach make a statement like that it makes you wonder.

Also....it might help to have 11 players on the field. On Pittsburghs first touchdown (when Ward was wide open and tuned Hall around) the Bengals only had 10 players on the field. Can't blame that on injuries.....
Cincy just isn't that good of a football team..Plain and Simple!
Steelers played great! Big Ben was unbelievable! GO STEELERS!!
Pathetic, but tell me this: what do NFL officials have against the Bengals? That play was challenged on the Steelers' second drive, you can see the ball hit the ground, clearly, and it's still called a catch. Not trying to blame it on the refs, but it's like this every game, how can we get any rhythm going because the refs keep giving the other team 37 yards just for running down the field and having a ball thrown in their area.

I don't know when Marvin lost his heart, but he's coached like this most of the season.

We can't win when our coaches have no heart, our players make stupid plays, and when the officials never let us get any momentum going and never let us have any confidence .
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:Pathetic, but tell me this: what do NFL officials have against the Bengals? That play was challenged on the Steelers' second drive, you can see the ball hit the ground, clearly, and it's still called a catch. Not trying to blame it on the refs, but it's like this every game, how can we get any rhythm going because the refs keep giving the other team 37 yards just for running down the field and having a ball thrown in their area.

I don't know when Marvin lost his heart, but he's coached like this most of the season.

We can't win when our coaches have no heart, our players make stupid plays, and when the officials never let us get any momentum going and never let us have any confidence .

Marvin obviously had more confidence that the defense could stop their offense with a little over 2 minutes than he had that the offense could get 1 yard. I don't claim to be a football expert, but where does all this confidence in the defense and lack of confidence in the offense come from? Wonder how that came across to Carson, TJ, Chad and crew?

BTW....whens the last time we won a challenge?
BFritz Wrote:Pathetic, but tell me this: what do NFL officials have against the Bengals? That play was challenged on the Steelers' second drive, you can see the ball hit the ground, clearly, and it's still called a catch. Not trying to blame it on the refs, but it's like this every game, how can we get any rhythm going because the refs keep giving the other team 37 yards just for running down the field and having a ball thrown in their area.

Don't blame the officials. Blame that Bengal defense everyone raved about how much improved they were from last year. Blame the coach. The Bengals will not reach the playoffs again as long as Marvin Lewis is their head coach. Write it down. I still say 8-8 because leave it to the Bengals to screw themselves out of a high draft pick and win a few meaningless games late in the season.
It doesn't matter about draft picks. They apparently pick the worst draft picks possible. I thought Jonathan Joseph was going to be a great pickup but he's just as worthless as Deltha O'neal. The corner we drafted this year from Michigan is worthless as well. I don't know if it's just the style of defense or what but its horrible.
Congrats to my Steelers on a job well done. Write this down Chad Johnson or Marvin Lewis will NOT be in Cincy this time next year. My gues is Ocho Cinco will be gone.
Bengal Cat Wrote:But towards the end of the first half to kick a FG when you are in the red zone on a 4th and less than 2 is crazy. With an average or better defense the move makes sense. But this defense is way below average.

What are you talking about? The Steelers have the best Defense in the NFL.

And Cincy wouldn't have gotten in the end zone on that play.
Yahh!!! Way to go Steelers!!!
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
DevilsWin Wrote:What are you talking about? The Steelers have the best Defense in the NFL.

And Cincy wouldn't have gotten in the end zone on that play.

I'm talking about the Bengals defense. Read the thread....would you please?

And you don't know if the Bengals would've scored or not. They ran the ball pretty well yesterday.
Bengal Cat Wrote:I'm talking about the Bengals defense. Read the thread....would you please?

And you don't know if the Bengals would've scored or not. They ran the ball pretty well yesterday.
I read the thread Bengal Cat and it can be read either way. Maybe next time you should be more clear about which team your referring to..........please.

Bottom line is that the Bengals suck and the Steelers are gonna win the division.
DevilsWin Wrote:I read the thread Bengal Cat and it can be read either way. Maybe next time you should be more clear about which team your referring to..........please.

Bottom line is that the Bengals suck and the Steelers are gonna win the division.

It's funny that everytime the Steelers beat the Bengals, it's tainted. This time, on Pittsburg's first touchdown, the ball clearly hits the ground on that 42 yard pass, you can see it bounce.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
DevilsWin Wrote:I read the thread Bengal Cat and it can be read either way. Maybe next time you should be more clear about which team your referring to..........please.

Seems like I was very clear to everyone but you. Let me try this again.......The Bengals should have gone for the TD because their (the Bengals) defense is not capable of stopping anyone. Thus....they need to score TDs not FGs.

Whos to say his left hand wasn't still wrapped around the ball when it hit? You can't overturn a call like that, there definitely wasn't evidence saying he didn't catch it, especially saying the original ruling was a completion.

BFritz Wrote:It's funny that everytime the Steelers beat the Bengals, it's tainted. This time, on Pittsburg's first touchdown, the ball clearly hits the ground on that 42 yard pass, you can see it bounce.

It's not tainted in anyway, you just fail to believe your Bungals can lose. Your not going win many games kicking Field Goals and having one of the worst defenses, if not the worst in the NFL. Please show me without a doubt that ball was incomplete, because who is to say his left hand was not on the ball when he fell with it? Regardless, we won by 11, not 7.
I dont care how the game went, Im just glad to get out of Cincy with a HUGE win..this is one of those games that scare the daylights out of me, but I thought the Steelers played pretty well on both sides of the ball...and I have no gripes about the playcalling, which I was afraid of..but it was a huge win, I'll take it..
BCFan Wrote:Whos to say his left hand wasn't still wrapped around the ball when it hit? You can't overturn a call like that, there definitely wasn't evidence saying he didn't catch it, especially saying the original ruling was a completion.

It's not tainted in anyway, you just fail to believe your Bungals can lose. Your not going win many games kicking Field Goals and having one of the worst defenses, if not the worst in the NFL. Please show me without a doubt that ball was incomplete, because who is to say his left hand was not on the ball when he fell with it? Regardless, we won by 11, not 7.

It's funny how I get told I have no football knowledge when I make comments people can view as incorrect, but when someone makes a comment like that that's obviously incorrect, it's ok and they have plenty of football knowledge.

Where do I start? The incomplete pass? Good idea. You can see half of the ball on the replay, his other hand's not under it, so he trapped it if anything, because the ball was moving around, and neither hand was under it, so he didn't have control. So, WITHOUT EVEN A REASONABLE DOUBT, it was incomplete.

Now the biggest flaw in football knowledge: that was the Steelers first score, and if you take that away, nothing in that game would have gone the same way, and I mean NOTHING. How could you even think the game would have gone the exact same way? Please explain that to me.

Exactly. This isn't the first time Marvin has made questionable decisions this year. I remember he did the same thing in the Cleveland loss, kicking a field goal on fourth down from the 2 instead of going for it on the first drive of the second half. I know I threw something at the TV that day out of sheer shock, but this Sunday it didn't surprise me at all. Marvin has simply quit coaching to win, he's coaching not to lose (and it's not working).

And Bengal Cat, you're right about the decision making no sense at all considering the strengths and weaknesses of the team. If you have a strong defense and a weak offense, you probably do kick the FG, take your points, and put it on the defense to do their job. On a team like the Bengals, though, you have to let the playmakers (Carson, Chad, T.J.) do their jobs and punch it in. I'd take my chances with them getting the TD over hoping that the defense holds the other team anyday.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BFritz Wrote:It's funny how I get told I have no football knowledge when I make comments people can view as incorrect, but when someone makes a comment like that that's obviously incorrect, it's ok and they have plenty of football knowledge.

Where do I start? The incomplete pass? Good idea. You can see half of the ball on the replay, his other hand's not under it, so he trapped it if anything, because the ball was moving around, and neither hand was under it, so he didn't have control. So, WITHOUT EVEN A REASONABLE DOUBT, it was incomplete.

Now the biggest flaw in football knowledge: that was the Steelers first score, and if you take that away, nothing in that game would have gone the same way, and I mean NOTHING. How could you even think the game would have gone the exact same way? Please explain that to me.
:confused: Rolleyes Smile
BFritz Wrote:It's funny how I get told I have no football knowledge when I make comments people can view as incorrect, but when someone makes a comment like that that's obviously incorrect, it's ok and they have plenty of football knowledge.

BCFan??

alfus??

Let me chime in here on your behalf Fritz....if I may. Regarding the play that was challenged and not overturned on the complete/incomplete pass......after watching several replays during the commercial break, one of the announcers (Randy Cross) was sure it would be reversed as you could clearly see the ball moving and hit the ground. Now I assure you Randy Cross is no Bengals fan. So BFritz and the other 66,000 at PBS were not the only ones that saw it that way.
Bengal Cat Wrote:Let me chime in here on your behalf Fritz....if I may. Regarding the play that was challenged and not overturned on the complete/incomplete pass......after watching several replays during the commercial break, one of the announcers (Randy Cross) was sure it would be reversed as you could clearly see the ball moving and hit the ground. Now I assure you Randy Cross is no Bengals fan. So BFritz and the other 66,000 at PBS were not the only ones that saw it that way.

The replay where you could see the ball on the ground....you could not see his hands and the ball was not clearly moving!

Who Dey?

WE DEY!
BFritz Wrote:BCFan??

alfus??

Are you trying to start an argument. Obviously whom ever you are trying to call out are failing to take the bait.

Please quit trolling for arguments. It is starting to be very unbecoming of you. If someone wants to comment on a thread the so be it but if not do not try to get them to.