Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Montavian Quisenberry
I hope Coach Perry is laughing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesclay's post:
  • Gitback Coach
(06-03-2022, 08:20 AM)Ned Gremlin Wrote: Has he even enrolled yet? I’m thinking this is all just hear-say. Can’t blame him for making the move if true! Kids want to play for winners!

I work for Boyle County Schools and from what I’m hearing it’s a 99% done deal and I’m hearing that another player from Garrard is also transferring to Boyle I believe his name is Mason Sulla.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jack Lambert's post:
  • Ned Gremlin, TD Hounds
(06-02-2022, 04:46 PM)back country Wrote:
(06-02-2022, 04:24 PM)rebels1984 Wrote:
(06-02-2022, 09:23 AM)UK1 Wrote: What position will he play at Boyle?  I know he has always played QB at Garrard.
More than likely,  he will play slot receiver.  Boyle has a QB for the next 2 years, and a incoming freshman that's lights out.
You line up Sims, Patterson,  and  Quisenberry at Receivers D
Don't leave Stewart out of your list of receivers. He may be the most reliable of any and is very quick to the ball. In this offense the slot receiver carried the ball a lot last year if I remember correctly. Haddix will have him where he is most effective.
Sorry, I didn't mean to leave out Tarter at tight end who is as surehanded as they come.
[-] The following 1 user Likes back country's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(06-02-2022, 09:18 AM)Mingo Wrote: So much narcissism, self indulgence, selfishness and false sense of accomplishment in the world these days. Less and less true character, loyalty, commitment and willingness are expected, modeled or taught.  It still amazes me when people say things like "if it makes him/her happy or if it  is what is best for them then I am all for it". That kind of thinking has many kids confused and unwilling or unable to adjust when they fail or when things don't go their way. The same people that say these kinds of things often will be the one pointing the finger at kids when they really do something bad and say things like " what is wrong with kids these days" .  Just my two cents.
Nobody teaches kid to earn anything anymore.  If it gets tough or requires you to work harder. Just pickup and go where it is easy. Because you know when you get out in the really world it’s all just handed to you without earning it.
(06-03-2022, 05:31 PM)Nygfan106wins Wrote:
(06-02-2022, 09:18 AM)Mingo Wrote: So much narcissism, self indulgence, selfishness and false sense of accomplishment in the world these days. Less and less true character, loyalty, commitment and willingness are expected, modeled or taught.  It still amazes me when people say things like "if it makes him/her happy or if it  is what is best for them then I am all for it". That kind of thinking has many kids confused and unwilling or unable to adjust when they fail or when things don't go their way. The same people that say these kinds of things often will be the one pointing the finger at kids when they really do something bad and say things like " what is wrong with kids these days" .  Just my two cents.
Nobody teaches kid to earn anything anymore.  If it gets tough or requires you to work harder. Just pickup and go where it is easy. Because you know when you get out in the really world it’s all just handed to you without earning it.

You think the work is easier at Boyle than it is at Garrard?
[-] The following 2 users Like FootballFan1999's post:
  • bcpc, TD Hounds
There’s a lot of life lessons to be learned from football, A LOT that I learned myself, but if a kids character is determined by the school he attends instead of what he’s learning at home, with some of the stories I’ve heard about coaches statewide, then he’s prolly gonna end up in prison…
(06-03-2022, 06:13 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:

It’s a lot easier to goto a team with superior talent and win then in garrard.
(06-03-2022, 07:41 PM)Nygfan106wins Wrote:

Is it about winning or is it about being pushed to be the best player you can be? You ever changed jobs.. or have you stayed at the first job you ever had because of loyalty.
I know one thing, I can’t wait to see what Boyle looks like come playoff time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Jack Lambert

Well said coach.
  • FCSPY
My question is where are all the Boyle county skill kids gonna play? Seems they getting replaced pretty steady this year ! Hah!
(06-05-2022, 12:23 PM)FCSPY Wrote: My question is where are all the Boyle county skill kids gonna play? Seems they getting replaced pretty steady this year ! Hah!

Interesting point. How are so many kids from other programs able to move in and play over Boyle kids?
In my opinion, Haddix is not a political coach like most programs have that play kids because of who there parents are. He lets the players compete for the spot. Then that causes a must compete atmosphere that causes competition on a daily basis. It works itself out. I know that’s how it was at Corbin when he was there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Jack Lambert
(06-05-2022, 12:46 PM)DarthVader Wrote:
(06-05-2022, 12:23 PM)FCSPY Wrote: My question is where are all the Boyle county skill kids gonna play? Seems they getting replaced pretty steady this year ! Hah!

Interesting point. How are so many kids from other programs able to move in and play over Boyle kids?

Out of 171 completed passes last year, 138 of them were thrown to either Sr's or Rb's or the player most likely to move to qb this year in Sage Dawson.  He only had 8 receptions last year.  So they have to replace almost all of their receptions from last year.  To be honest I think Haddix would have preferred to have a few more weapons last year.  I doubt 3 players will upset the apple cart too awful much.  Appreciate the concern.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • Jack Lambert
Imagine that. A coach that plays the best players instead of the local politician's son.
[-] The following 3 users Like jamesclay's post:
  • BEChargers, DarthVader, Jack Lambert
(06-05-2022, 04:45 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Imagine that. A coach that plays the best players instead of the local politician's son.

Didn’t know places like that existed! Imagine teams out there trying to win. Novel idea. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes DarthVader's post:
  • jamesclay

than
(06-03-2022, 08:31 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:

Is it about winning or is it about being pushed to be the best player you can be? You ever changed jobs.. or have you stayed at the first job you ever had because of loyalty.

being a high school student isn't a job.

Probably at Danville.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(06-05-2022, 02:56 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: In my opinion, Haddix is not a political coach like most programs have that play kids because of who there parents are.  He lets the players compete for the spot. Then that causes a must compete atmosphere that causes competition on a daily basis. It works itself out. I know that’s how it was at Corbin when he was there.

I like that in a coach, but I will never agree with any of you on recruiting. build it and they will come is a bunch of tiring BS. lol
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • 16 special, Bull got out!
(06-06-2022, 07:10 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(06-05-2022, 02:56 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: In my opinion, Haddix is not a political coach like most programs have that play kids because of who there parents are.  He lets the players compete for the spot. Then that causes a must compete atmosphere that causes competition on a daily basis. It works itself out. I know that’s how it was at Corbin when he was there.

I like that in a coach, but I will never agree with any of you on recruiting. build it and they will come is a bunch of tiring BS. lol
Well, you can say it's BS but it is the truth. Boyle County has built a school and football program that people want to be a part of and they don't have to recruit. People want to be at successful places and parents want the best opportunities for their kids. So why is that BS?
[-] The following 1 user Likes RunninReb's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(06-06-2022, 09:38 AM)RunninReb Wrote:

Well, you can say it's BS but it is the truth. Boyle County has built a school and football program that people want to be a part of and they don't have to recruit. People want to be at successful places and parents want the best opportunities for their kids. So why is that BS?
Same ole BS like I said. This ain't college. it's like a broken record over and over and over again. We all know a rural school can't possibly compete for a state championship every single year without recruiting. Some idiots believe what you tell them, but I'm not one of them.
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • 16 special, DarthVader
(06-06-2022, 10:44 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

Same ole BS like I said. This ain't college. it's like a broken record over and over and over again. We all know a rural school can't possibly compete for a state championship every single year without recruiting. Some idiots believe what you tell them, but I'm not one of them.

You have no idea what you're talking about but you always talk anyways.
  • RunninReb
Is this official at this point or a lot of talk about nothing?

Do you think Boyle is a rural school?  Yes there is farmland in Boyle County but there are a lot of developments, a lot of people living there and working elsewhere.  Boyle is as cosmopolitan as you will find out side of a large city.  

If you are defining rural school I would think Pikeville, but they seem to be doing just fine.  Ft Thomas isn't much bigger as a school than Boyle plus they are far from rural.  Maybe they need to find the next Mike Mitchell cause it's been a while since they were in the title hunt.  

To be honest, that was too simple a generalization because Mayfield seems to be doing just fine as a "rural" school.
(06-06-2022, 03:47 PM)Hatz Wrote:

Do you think Boyle is a rural school?  Yes there is farmland in Boyle County but there are a lot of developments, a lot of people living there and working elsewhere.  Boyle is as cosmopolitan as you will find out side of a large city.  

If you are defining rural school I would think Pikeville, but they seem to be doing just fine.  Ft Thomas isn't much bigger as a school than Boyle plus they are far from rural.  Maybe they need to find the next Mike Mitchell cause it's been a while since they were in the title hunt.  

To be honest, that was too simple a generalization because Mayfield seems to be doing just fine as a "rural" school.
You miss the point completely, and knew what I meant . is Bell County a rural school? What about Belfry? A high school team shouldn't be made up from players from 5 counties and three states.
(06-06-2022, 02:25 PM)jamesclay Wrote:

You can barely form a sentence intelligent enough to even respond to
(06-06-2022, 05:26 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(06-06-2022, 07:10 AM)pjdoug Wrote: I like that in a coach, but I will never agree with any of you on recruiting. build it and they will come is a bunch of tiring BS. lol

Yet, here you are.
(06-06-2022, 10:02 PM)jamesclay Wrote:
(06-06-2022, 05:26 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(06-06-2022, 09:38 AM)RunninReb Wrote: Well, you can say it's BS but it is the truth. Boyle County has built a school and football program that people want to be a part of and they don't have to recruit. People want to be at successful places and parents want the best opportunities for their kids. So why is that BS?

Yet, here you are.
People like that will always hate whoever is on top. If it wasn’t Boyle it would be the next school. It’s just very easy to hate Boyle because the Rebels are usually on top!
(06-06-2022, 03:11 PM)DarthVader Wrote: Is this official at this point or a lot of talk about nothing?

Its official from my understanding.