Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Montavian Quisenberry
Quisenberry has enrolled at Boyle County High School. Also hearing Star lineman Mason Sulla is on his way also. The rich got a lot richer!
Where is he from ?
(06-01-2022, 08:00 AM)FCSPY Wrote: Where is he from ?

Garrard County
If true, that’s the biggest football news state wide. That guy is a game changer.
I was hearing that Garrad was worried about this player leaving last year because the old coach was not modern enough in his style. Then they made a coaching change and hired a new young coach to modernize and adjust for the sake of using this player to his fullest potential. Now with this Garrad has to be in shock. Looks like no matter what they did this player and family were going to make a move. (My thoughts are based on the assumption this is true). Sad times we see kids and parents looking for the easy way to success imo. I am sure this is a good kid and family but things like loyalty are being removed from the fabric of society earlier and earlier. College game is almost ruined, NFL is horrible. It will become like UK basketball where you don't even know who the players are on the team from year to year (in college). With all the players coming to Boyle and people saying things like "if you build it they will come" I have mixed feelings on this. First - the current Boyle HC didn't build anything. Second - Don't take credit for what others before you did. Don't post a photo with all those rings you didn't have a part in. Things like that communicate arrogance. Be a humble winner or loser when that happens. Just my opinion.

(06-01-2022, 10:24 AM)Mingo Wrote: I was hearing that Garrad was worried about this player leaving last year because the old coach was not modern enough in his style. Then they made a coaching change and hired a new young coach to modernize and adjust for the sake of using this player to his fullest potential. Now with this Garrad has to be in shock. Looks like no matter what they did this player and family were going to make a move. (My thoughts are based on the assumption this is true). Sad times we see kids and parents looking for the easy way to success imo. I am sure this is a good kid and family but things like loyalty are being removed from the fabric of society earlier and earlier. College game is almost ruined, NFL is horrible. It will become like UK basketball where you don't even know who the players are on the team from year to year (in college). With all the players coming to Boyle and people saying things like "if you build it they will come" I have mixed feelings on this. First - the current Boyle HC didn't build anything. Second - Don't take credit for what others before you did. Don't post a photo with all those rings you didn't have a part in. Things like that communicate arrogance. Be a humble winner or loser when that happens. Just my opinion.

I will add to my thoughts that this has been happening for years where Boyle gets transfers from surrounding schools.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mingo's post:
  • DarthVader, Glory_Days
I think we call this Karma.
[-] The following 1 user Likes runthepill's post:
  • Gitback Coach
There is no difference in this kid changing schools than any other kid in the state.

I think college players doing this has made everyone think they can too.

But if it’s best for the kid and that’s his decision then move on.
This goes on in a lot of places…in a lot of different states. Ohio schools have kids that do the same thing. The difference is that Ohio has way more quality kids and schools so it’s not as noticeable. Where in Kentucky there are only a hand full of top schools for these higher profile kids to go to. I would take my kid to a school that would give him the best opportunity to reach the next level and I wouldn’t think twice about it
so garrard fired their coach and if im not mistaken wasn’t there coach about to have surgery or fresh off surgery .. to cater to a kid then the kid left .. seems like what goes around comes around .. karma is a real tease
[-] The following 1 user Likes WhomTheBellTolls's post:
  • Hatz
(06-01-2022, 10:24 AM)Mingo Wrote: I was hearing that Garrad was worried about this player leaving last year because the old coach was not modern enough in his style. Then they made a coaching change and hired a new young coach to modernize and adjust for the sake of using this player to his fullest potential. Now with this Garrad has to be in shock. Looks like no matter what they did this player and family were going to make a move. (My thoughts are based on the assumption this is true). Sad times we see kids and parents looking for the easy way to success imo. I am sure this is a good kid and family but things like loyalty are being removed from the fabric of society earlier and earlier. College game is almost ruined, NFL is horrible. It will become like UK basketball where you don't even know who the players are on the team from year to year (in college). With all the players coming to Boyle and people saying things like "if you build it they will come" I have mixed feelings on this. First - the current Boyle HC didn't build anything. Second - Don't take credit for what others before you did. Don't post a photo with all those rings you didn't have a part in. Things like that communicate arrogance. Be a humble winner or loser when that happens. Just my opinion.

I will add to my thoughts that this has been happening for years where Boyle gets transfers from surrounding schools.

This isn’t something new or trendy, kids have been transferring from school to school for years.  However 10 to 20 years ago I might have grudgingly agreed with you to some extent but here right  now meh…You can say what you want but I doubt Justin Haddix has much time to be humble he’s to busy winning, it’s all he’s done from high school to college as a player and he’s won everywhere he’s been as a coach.  I’ve always heard you don’t follow a legend well he did and I’m not sure Boyle could have found anyone to keep it at the level Chuck Smith had it and no offense to coach Smith but I’m not sure he would have won the last two championships that Haddix has….These kids are going to Boyle because they’ve seen that Justin Haddix will do everything in his power to get them to the next level some coaches just don’t have that ability.  Yeah I know if you’ve got the talent college coaches will find you, that’s true but it doesn’t mean that they’ll offer you or even honor the scholarship offer just ask Treyveon Longmire…
[-] The following 4 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz, Jack Lambert, Rebel55
Sounds like Boyle got a little richer today with the addition of Mr Quisenberry, so I would like to take this opportunity to welcome him to the Black and Vegas Gold of the Rebels and I’m looking forward to cheering him on Friday nights this fall and IMO the path to number 11 just got a little easier for Boyle!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • Bull got out!
(06-01-2022, 11:03 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Sounds like Boyle got a little richer today with the addition of Mr Quisenberry, so I would like to take this opportunity to welcome him to the Black and Vegas Gold of the Rebels and I’m looking forward to cheering him on Friday nights this fall and IMO the path to number 11 just got a little easier for Boyle!!!
 Help me out uncle Joe build back better and lower gas for me to attend all of Boyle County home games!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!, Jack Lambert
(06-01-2022, 05:58 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: so garrard fired their coach and if im not mistaken wasn’t there coach about to have surgery or fresh off surgery .. to cater to a kid then the kid left .. seems like what goes around comes around .. karma is a real tease

Agreed. If this is true then the school got exactly what they deserve. This isn't the NBA. You don't fire coaches just to hold onto a single player in high school sports.
[-] The following 3 users Like RoShamBo's post:
  • 64SUR, Jack Lambert, WhomTheBellTolls
Looks like to me the jv team will get alot of playing time this year. I'd say atleast 13 games a running clock. Better order more fireworks.
So much narcissism, self indulgence, selfishness and false sense of accomplishment in the world these days. Less and less true character, loyalty, commitment and willingness are expected, modeled or taught. It still amazes me when people say things like "if it makes him/her happy or if it is what is best for them then I am all for it". That kind of thinking has many kids confused and unwilling or unable to adjust when they fail or when things don't go their way. The same people that say these kinds of things often will be the one pointing the finger at kids when they really do something bad and say things like " what is wrong with kids these days" . Just my two cents.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mingo's post:
  • DarthVader, Gitback Coach, Nygfan106wins
What position will he play at Boyle? I know he has always played QB at Garrard.

I don't think Haddix is taking credit for any of the championships before his time, he is only embracing the history of the program. With that being said, he is responsible for two of those rings after winning back to back championships, during his first two years as coach. Haddix is only building on the foundation that was laid before his time, and there is nothing wrong with promoting the program and being proud of their past accomplishments.
[-] The following 3 users Like Cat Daddy's post:
  • 64SUR, Jack Lambert, Rebel55
(06-02-2022, 10:12 AM)Cat Daddy Wrote:

I don't think Haddix is taking credit for any of the championships before his time, he is only embracing the history of the program. With that being said, he is responsible for two of those rings after winning back to back championships, during his first two years as coach. Haddix is only building on the foundation that was laid before his time, and there is nothing wrong with promoting the program and being proud of their past accomplishments.
I agree 100% with you Cat Daddy! I've yet to see where Coach Haddix ever said he built Boyle in the first place.  He supports the basketball and baseball teams and watches almost every game.  Coach Haddix is a team player and never took any credit for what Coach Smith has done. He's now a part of the #WhoYaWith Nation and #Rebel4Life.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • Hatz, Jack Lambert
(06-01-2022, 11:31 PM)RoShamBo Wrote:
(06-01-2022, 05:58 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: so garrard fired their coach and if im not mistaken wasn’t there coach about to have surgery or fresh off surgery .. to cater to a kid then the kid left .. seems like what goes around comes around .. karma is a real tease

Agreed. If this is true then the school got exactly what they deserve. This isn't the NBA. You don't fire coaches just to hold onto a single player in high school sports.

He wasn't fired to keep Quisenberry happy.
With transfers like this happening now with seemingly no repercussion, how does a school like Garrard County, or any for that matter, build a high level sports program?  

The easy answer is to say they don’t. It’s just creating an atmosphere where players as well as coaches are going to hop on the quick path to being a championship contender. It’s much easier to hop on and ride the coattails of power programs instead of forging your own path, I guess. As an earlier poster said, it’s not a new phenomenon, but I do think it has increased in the recent years.
(06-02-2022, 09:23 AM)UK1 Wrote: What position will he play at Boyle?  I know he has always played QB at Garrard.
More than likely,  he will play slot receiver.  Boyle has a QB for the next 2 years, and a incoming freshman that's lights out.
You line up Sims, Patterson,  and  Quisenberry at Receivers , WOW
Having a wildcat package for him wouldn’t be a surprise either
(06-02-2022, 04:24 PM)rebels1984 Wrote:
(06-02-2022, 09:23 AM)UK1 Wrote: What position will he play at Boyle?  I know he has always played QB at Garrard.
More than likely,  he will play slot receiver.  Boyle has a QB for the next 2 years, and a incoming freshman that's lights out.
You line up Sims, Patterson,  and  Quisenberry at Receivers D
Don't leave Stewart out of your list of receivers. He may be the most reliable of any and is very quick to the ball. In this offense the slot receiver carried the ball a lot last year if I remember correctly. Haddix will have him where he is most effective.
(06-02-2022, 04:10 PM)DarthVader Wrote: With transfers like this happening now with seemingly no repercussion, how does a school like Garrard County, or any for that matter, build a high level sports program?  

The easy answer is to say they don’t. It’s just creating an atmosphere where players as well as coaches are going to hop on the quick path to being a championship contender. It’s much easier to hop on and ride the coattails of power programs instead of forging your own path, I guess. As an earlier poster said, it’s not a new phenomenon, but I do think it has increased in the recent years.

what did garrard do when they had them ..?
(06-02-2022, 04:51 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:
(06-02-2022, 04:10 PM)DarthVader Wrote: With transfers like this happening now with seemingly no repercussion, how does a school like Garrard County, or any for that matter, build a high level sports program?  

what did garrard do when they had them ..?

Looks like they started him as a freshman and had their best season in over 5 or 6 years with 3 of their losses this past season coming by only 1 score. Hard to imagine those seasons don’t get better there but they still wouldn’t be championship level that he gains instantly by going to Boyle. But that goes back to the question, how are schools like Garrard ever supposed to succeed if it’s that easy to lose your best players?
as a freshman went 2-2 .. as a holdback freshman went 5-7 and lost to us and rock first round of playoffs .. kid should come play Q for bell doesn’t look like garrard was doing much with him
(06-02-2022, 06:41 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: as a freshman went 2-2 .. as a holdback freshman went 5-7 and lost to us and rock first round of playoffs .. kid should come play Q for bell doesn’t look like garrard was doing much with him

The kid was probably 90% of their offense, they were doing quite a lot with him actually. How many of those games do they win without him? I can assure you, it is considerably less. He had a big night on log mountain so I’m sure you guys are terribly sad about him moving. He will help Boyle, but it’s not like they weren’t going to win a ton without him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DarthVader's post:
  • WhomTheBellTolls
(06-02-2022, 06:48 PM)DarthVader Wrote:
(06-02-2022, 06:41 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: as a freshman went 2-2 .. as a holdback freshman went 5-7 and lost to us and rock first round of playoffs .. kid should come play Q for bell doesn’t look like garrard was doing much with him

The kid was probably 90% of their offense, they were doing quite a lot with him actually. How many of those games do they win without him? I can assure you, it is considerably less. He had a big night on log mountain so I’m sure you guys are terribly sad about him moving. He will help Boyle, but it’s not like they weren’t going to win a ton without him.

im beyond glad we don’t have to play him but i don’t think one player should make or break a team .. especially if you’re as good as people say crutchfield is .. him getting on twitter and crying makes him look pretty pathetic in my opinion though ..
Has he even enrolled yet? I’m thinking this is all just hear-say. Can’t blame him for making the move if true! Kids want to play for winners!
Wasnt his dad an asst coach at Garrard?