Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pikeville vs. North Laurel / Sweet 16 rd.1
(03-08-2022, 09:49 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 07:45 PM)jamesclay Wrote: North Laurel by 30
And just like that, Pikeville's chances of winning just doubled.

Tripled...    Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • jetpilot
(03-08-2022, 10:09 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Tripled...    Smile
I'm taking my daughter to Rupp. Come on up and I will buy you a beverage. Should be the best game of the opening round.
Field let me down. North Laurel will not. By 20. The 15th region is terrible and will be even worse next year with all the 19 year olds moving on. Pikeville is the weakest team in the field. I predict the 15th region will not win a game in the Sweet Sixteen in the next 25 years.
(03-08-2022, 10:26 PM)WinkWinkler Wrote: Field let me down. North Laurel will not. By 20. The 15th region is terrible and will be even worse next year with all the 19 year olds moving on. Pikeville is the weakest team in the field. I predict the 15th region will not win a game in the Sweet Sixteen in the next 25 years.
I predict you are the dumbest person on here.

Watch Pikeville take down John Hardin the last time they were at Rupp and try to tell me they have no chance vs N Laurel. 

(03-08-2022, 10:31 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 10:26 PM)WinkWinkler Wrote: Field let me down. North Laurel will not. By 20. The 15th region is terrible and will be even worse next year with all the 19 year olds moving on. Pikeville is the weakest team in the field. I predict the 15th region will not win a game in the Sweet Sixteen in the next 25 years.

Watch Pikeville take down John Hardin the last time they were at Rupp and try to tell me they have no chance vs N Laurel. 

Why does a game from 4 years ago hold any relevancy here?
Good thing Pikeville has already beat one team in the field in Murray. So your statement is pointless.
[-] The following 4 users Like Grinch1's post:
  • BlackAndYellow, Hoot Gibson, jetpilot, Panther Thunder
I will take the 15th region for 1 game in the next 25 years for $1Gillion.
[-] The following 3 users Like 2000PHS's post:
  • Hoot Gibson, jetpilot, Panther Thunder
(03-08-2022, 10:43 PM)pocoboy18 Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 10:31 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Why does a game from 4 years ago hold any relevancy here?
Because Pikeville always comes to win and this team is 10-12 points better than that team. Please bring a huge sack of money to the game.
I can’t wait to hear some of the excuses being thrown around after this game plays out
(03-09-2022, 12:23 AM)fansville Wrote: I can’t wait to hear some of the excuses being thrown around after this game plays out
Why would Pikeville make excuses?  If they lose to North they still went out at Rupp.  Losing to a 5 star UK commit on his future home floor is nothing to be ashamed of. I don’t think they’ll be any excuses.   The Panthers have had an amazing season and those seniors get to finish at Rupp while others are at home.  Pretty sweet if you ask me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Grinch1's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Pikeville Prep is going down. They can’t stop Shepard
(03-09-2022, 12:26 AM)Grinch1 Wrote:
(03-09-2022, 12:23 AM)fansville Wrote: I can’t wait to hear some of the excuses being thrown around after this game plays out
Why would Pikeville make excuses?  If they lose to North they still went out at Rupp.  Losing to a 5 star UK commit on his future home floor is nothing to be ashamed of. I don’t think they’ll be any excuses.   The Panthers have had an amazing season and those seniors get to finish at Rupp while others are at home.  Pretty sweet if you ask me.

sounds like you are prepping excuses for a loss ..
^^^No excuses, amazing how many crying losers on here...

https://khsaa.org/rpi_details/?event_id=1192
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Jealousy can be a bitch...
(03-08-2022, 10:12 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Tripled...    Smile
I'm taking my daughter to Rupp. Come on up and I will buy you a beverage. Should be the best game of the opening round.
That's very nice of you, my friend. I would so love to see this game. Should be a dandy. Unfortunately, my dad is having surgery for an aneurysm today and that's kinda my focus right now. We may have to wait until the Corbin-Pikeville Pigskin game in August. I look forward to seeing you then. Please keep my dad in your thoughts if you don't mind. Good luck to the Panthers!
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • jetpilot, PHSFAN
Jags by 12

Rip Van Winkler,  go back to sleep.  You're possibly nuttier and more stale than a 25-year old fruit cake.  Your predictions are going to earn you the moniker Nostradumba$$.    Smile
(03-09-2022, 11:29 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 10:12 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Tripled...    Smile
That's very nice of you, my friend. I would so love to see this game. Should be a dandy. Unfortunately, my dad is having surgery for an aneurysm today and that's kinda my focus right now. We may have to wait until the Corbin-Pikeville Pigskin game in August. I look forward to seeing you then. Please keep my dad in your thoughts if you don't mind. Good luck to the Panthers!
Prayers for your Dad
[-] The following 1 user Likes HAIL PIKEVILLE!'s post:
  • Old School Hound
At the risk of making JP die of shock, I’m gonna end my sabbatical and put my two cents in. I favor North, but I won’t in any way be stunned if Pikeville pulls the upset. The key for Pikeville will be to keep Sheppard from just getting to the rim with no resistance—easier said than done, because the kid is ultra talented. Knox gave up probably five or six layups to him that looked like no one was attempting any defense. When Patterson finally had them try to pick up some charges on his drives, they kept sliding over too late, giving up shooting fouls. Davidson is very talented as well, but the rest of the team is the definition of role players. Sizemore is the wild card, he can be a great three-point shooter, has basically shot a few opponents out this season, but he can also be very streaky. North’s team defense isn’t great, and they don’t have any kind of physical presence inside, Davidson and Sheppard are fairly tall, but they are finesse players not bangers. So there are flaws there. On the plus side, I’ve seen them on probably 8-10 occasions this year put together a run of something like 12-14-16 points in just a couple of minutes, they are tough offensively when they get cooking like that. Pikeville has to avoid one of those runs. The bright lights shouldn’t bother North, but shouldn’t bother Pikeville either with the sports year they’ve put together. I’ll go with North by single digits in a game that’s still in doubt into the last few minutes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Van Hagar's post:
  • Micro-Brew
Great post. That’s the kind of stuff I’m on this site for.
(03-09-2022, 03:07 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: At the risk of making JP die of shock, I’m gonna end my sabbatical and put my two cents in.  I favor North, but I won’t in any way be stunned if Pikeville pulls the upset. The key for Pikeville will be to keep Sheppard from just getting to the rim with no resistance—easier said than done, because the kid is ultra talented. Knox gave up probably five or six layups to him that looked like no one was attempting any defense. When Patterson finally had them try to pick up some charges on his drives, they kept sliding over too late, giving up shooting fouls. Davidson is very talented as well, but the rest of the team is the definition of role players. Sizemore is the wild card, he can be a great three-point shooter, has basically shot a few opponents out this season, but he can also be very streaky. North’s team defense isn’t great, and they don’t have any kind of physical presence inside, Davidson and Sheppard are fairly tall, but they are finesse players not bangers. So there are flaws there. On the plus side, I’ve seen them on probably 8-10 occasions this year put together a run of something like 12-14-16 points in just a couple of minutes, they are tough offensively when they get cooking like that. Pikeville has to avoid one of those runs. The bright lights shouldn’t bother North, but shouldn’t bother Pikeville either with the sports year they’ve put together. I’ll go with North by single digits in a game that’s still in doubt into the last few minutes.

Can't believe it ; it's  VH !!!!   Missed you ol' buddy !!!!   Music threads lack a necessary ingredient without you.

Really good analysis of the NL- PHS game, btw.
Thanks, man, appreciate it. I may dip my toes back into music and sports, two of the three greatest things in life. (I know you can figure out the third!). But no politics, that’s why I took a break, I’m letting that dog lie. And I’ll be thinking about your dad, went through the exact same thing with mine, here’s hoping for the best possible outcome.
(03-09-2022, 05:23 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: Thanks, man, appreciate it. I may dip my toes back into music and sports, two of the three greatest things in life. (I know you can figure out the third!). But no politics, that’s why I took a break, I’m letting that dog lie. And I’ll be thinking about your dad, went through the exact same thing with mine, here’s hoping for the best possible outcome.

Yeah, I love talking music and sports most of all. I enjoying engaging in lively and fun  political banter at times but sometimes just one person can make that kind of forum a miserable to visit so I rarely go there anymore due to that. Just don't give a "hoot" about it like I used to. I'll just stick to sports and music and enjoy my friendships on here. Easier to stay positive that way.
This is gonna be a very interesting game. Both teams are capable of going on HUGE runs, both teams hit the offensive boards really hard, and both teams play good defense. The first 5 minutes of this game is gonna be huge. Panthers gotta come out hot like they have the past few games and will have to gold Sheppard to 15-20 while also playing good team defense. If Pikeville shoots well they are extremely hard to beat.
From what I’ve seen.
Unless Pikeville has a guy to guard Shepherd and a dominating inside game. Then they will lose.
Both of these teams are really good teams and are capable of winning a game or two next week. The winner does however have a difficult draw with GRC in 2nd round but to disrespect either team and try to say they will lose this game by 20 to 30 points is ridiculous IMO. Should be a great game decided by 10 or less points either way. Being a 13th region guy and a big Reed Shepherd fan I believe North has a great chance to win and move on but I don’t believe it will be easy.

NL 76
Pikeville 68
I think it'll be a good game. I don't think Pikeville can let Davidson and role players for NL to get a bunch of wide open looks and easy baskets. Make them earn everything and slow the game down.

Warrix the X factor for Pikeville. If he can control the pace of this game and is able to get to the free throw line a bunch then it really wouldn't surprise me to see Pikeville pull this one out.

Excited to watch this game!
This is going to be a very exciting game.. for those saying it's a blowout you must haven't watched a single pikeville game. Their defense is what runs them. Coach Justice will have a great game plan ready and to me the X factor to this game is Nick Robinson. Can he stay out of foul trouble if so he should have a 20 pt 15 reb game. This will be a war. Hall will have his hands full with Shepherd but I look for pikevilles help Def to step up and keep him from getting to the rim easily. This will be a game decided by role players. Shepherd and Sammons both will do their thing but it's going to come down to the other guys on the court. Everyone keeps writing the Panthers off. It's March they have a shot just by being there anything can happen and they have all the weapons to make some noise and make a run
(03-08-2022, 02:43 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Didn’t say North’s players were not good.  Just said Pikesvilles other 4 are better.  I think Sammons is a little better than Davidson.  Worrix is better than Sizemore.  Robinson a little better than Harris.  Hall is dang good but Sheppard is the best player in KY.  I think all of North’s guys are good players.  I just like Pikevilles better overall.  We will see.  I will be happy with whoever wins.  You can take all them percentages and throw them out the window come gametime at Rupp.
I’m not too knowledgeable about Pikeville but have seen some of their games through streaming tv. I’ve seen North more, though. If Sammons is better than Davidson then he is darn good! Davidson is a stud. Will play at the next level. From the few times I’ve seen each team I’m going to give North Laurel the edge in this one. Probably win by 7-10.
Davidson may be better Lookyyanner. Guess we will have to see the game goes. Should be a great game.