Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
86.67%
Raceland
13.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell vs. Raceland
EkyLb Wrote:Oh I just kinda assumed a torn ligaments and tendons would require surgery.

Where in the world did you come up with that? He has a sprained ankle. Holly cow you had the poor kid on the operating table. He needs to rest the ankle. It will heal itself.
Jeepman Wrote:Where in the world did you come up with that? He has a sprained ankle. Holly cow you had the poor kid on the operating table. He needs to rest the ankle. It will heal itself.

Before long he will have to have his leg amputated above the knee.
Why not just go ahead and take his hole leg and let him get a bionic leg to make him even better.
DEVIL89 Wrote:Why not just go ahead and take his hole leg and let him get a bionic leg to make him even better.

Jones is a tough kid who wants to play. I personally hope that he goes in for one series hands the ball off several times. Touchdown Russell!! Then Cordle takes over the offense for the night. I can assure you Cordle may not be as Physical as Jones but he can run the offense and do a great job.
I agree, Russell really does not lose much of a step with Cordle at QB other than Jones is another RB at the QB spot. But he (Cordle) know how to run the offense. I would like to not see Jones play this week to give him 2 weeks to recover, but on the other hand I know you are not going to keep him from not playing. I do like the idea like during the Lewis and the SK game that they left him off the defensive side of the ball to rest him even though he is a force on defense and you can tell how the team responds to his leadership while he is on the field.
EkyLb Wrote:Oh I just kinda assumed a torn ligaments and tendons would require surgery.

He doesn't need surgery. He is fine.
He knows when to push himself and when to let off
and no one can decide that for him.
He will more then likely be pushing himself this week.
dundee Wrote:He will more then likely be pushing himself this week.

I hope your wrong on this one.
If he sits this game he gets three weeks rest off the leg. Russell does not play next week.
This game will be Ugly for Raceland no disrespect to their team but they cant handle those red hot red devils. Russell keeps impressing me this year , they have something all great teams have they find a way to win. You gotta love the class and style of Russell. I see Russell winning by 2-3 TD's

Question If Belfry and Russell continue to win and play each other in the playoffs where and when would they meet. (I'm not saying they will walk thur the playoffs easily Im just curious)
Pirate4Life Wrote:This game will be Ugly for Raceland no disrespect to their team but they cant handle those red hot red devils. Russell keeps impressing me this year , they have something all great teams have they find a way to win. You gotta love the class and style of Russell. I see Russell winning by 2-3 TD's

Question If Belfry and Russell continue to win and play each other in the playoffs where and when would they meet. (I'm not saying they will walk thur the playoffs easily Im just curious)
IF they both make it that far it would be at Belfry in the state semifinals.
Jeepman Wrote:Where in the world did you come up with that? He has a sprained ankle. Holly cow you had the poor kid on the operating table. He needs to rest the ankle. It will heal itself.
actually ekylb is correct it was ligaments.
Raceland is good.
But Russell is way too much for them to handle.
Russell by 3 TD's.
Russell in a .
. Landslide:flame:
RedDevil_TE Wrote:actually ekylb is correct it was ligaments.

Man Jeepman, open mouth and insert foot.
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.
EkyLb Wrote:Man Jeepman, open mouth and insert foot.

They said nothing about whether they were torn or just sprained. Either way it would be ligaments.

But the difference is that I am sure that Jeepman will admit that he was wrong if he truly was.
RedDevil_TE Wrote:actually ekylb is correct it was ligaments.

So jump right in with ekylb. He has nothing more than a high ankle sprain. If you feel that constitutes torn ligaments so be it. Torn ligaments it is in your mind. Lets just put it this way. I got my information from a person that is very close to the situation and knows what is going on. I'm done with this subject.
DevilsWin Wrote:If they do the Bleachers have to be anchored to the ground in "a permanent fashion".

I love your avatar. I took that picture at the exact moment that the trophy was handed to them. I wish I could have gotten the scoreboard in the photo but it looks pretty good as is though. Sam Sparks and Buford Hurley wanted a copy wanted a copy, so I sent it to them and a few others and now it's become a very popular picture amonst the Russell faithful. I'm glad I was in the right place at the right time. It's a wonderful reflection of the emotion on that day. I'll never forget that day and a certain performance by my flesh and blood. Almost brings a tear to my eye everytime I think of it and see the photo.
Pirate4Life Wrote:This game will be Ugly for Raceland no disrespect to their team but they cant handle those red hot red devils. Russell keeps impressing me this year , they have something all great teams have they find a way to win. You gotta love the class and style of Russell. I see Russell winning by 2-3 TD's

At Belfry again this year.
EkyLb Wrote:They're not gonna sit Jones, because no amount of rest is gonna heal that ankle enough to make a big difference, only one thing's gonna heal it thats a little time under the knife and a few months rest, so how much he plays doesnt matter, the ankle isnt gonna get worse or better until then. I think seeing what all he is capable of doing and him getting used to playing on the bad ankle is gonna be very important, hes a tough kid and hes gonna wanna be out there, even if he has to put himself in.

Rest CAN'T hurt!!
JV scores mean nothing. Raceland is a small school so they will have more sophs and juniors NOT playing JV than Russell. Raceland has a very solid ball club. To expect a blowout is the wrong mindset. However, the loss to East Carter is the enigma for me. If East was able to basically run power I against them and score 35 points is not a good sign, considering they've only scored 44 points the rest of the season (not counting the 66 they put up against Lewis County, since most JFL teams could do this; no offense to the Lewis faithful, but they've given up an average of 60 points per game).
Jeepman Wrote:So jump right in with ekylb. He has nothing more than a high ankle sprain. If you feel that constitutes torn ligaments so be it. Torn ligaments it is in your mind. Lets just put it this way. I got my information from a person that is very close to the situation and knows what is going on. I'm done with this subject.

Well i got my information straight from his mouth. but i mean since you know what your talking about i guess your right.
FBALL Wrote:IF they both make it that far it would be at Belfry in the state semifinals.
IF they make it that far. Russell has to beat Mason Co again.
Belfry has to beat Sheldon Clark again.

Then Russell and Belfry would meet in the Regional Finals and the winner of that game will play the winner of what will probably be a regional title game between Somerset and Breathitt Co.
With all these chemical spills recently the 2 communities should start asking the railroad and chem companies to sponsor money for new grass/turf fields for both teams.
DevilsWin Wrote:IF they make it that far. Russell has to beat Mason Co again.
Belfry has to beat Sheldon Clark again.

Then Russell and Belfry would meet in the Regional Finals and the winner of that game will play the winner of what will probably be a regional title game between Somerset and Breathitt Co.

I don't mean to question, but I was thinking that if we make it to the 3rd round we would meet the winner out of the region 6 district (where breathitt is) and then if victorious we would then meet the winner of the ((District 5 vs 8) where Belfry and Somerset are) on their field since this is an odd numbered year and Region 3 is where district 5 and 8 are playing.

This is the link where I got my information

http://www.khsaa.org/football/footballpl...oforms.pdf
Russelldad Wrote:I don't mean to question, but I was thinking that if we make it to the 3rd round we would meet the winner out of the region 6 district (where breathitt is) and then if victorious we would then meet the winner of the ((District 5 vs 8) where Belfry and Somerset are) on their field since this is an odd numbered year and Region 3 is where district 5 and 8 are playing.

This is the link where I got my information

http://www.khsaa.org/football/footballpl...oforms.pdf
You are correct Russell Dad. I've been taking everyone's word on it rather than looking it up. Good Job!:Thumbs:
DevilsWin Wrote:You are correct Russell Dad. I've been taking everyone's word on it rather than looking it up. Good Job!:Thumbs:

Thanks. The good news also is that as long as we win we can stay at the HANK until semi-state. Of course it would be nice to have the semi-state at our place, which means you have to go on the road for week 3, but reclassing last year messed that up.

Also what I think would be a big accomplishment is that if we are fortunate to make it to Round 4(Semi-state) this year it would be our 4th year in a row which would be something to be extremely proud of (coaches, players and fans!)
RedDevil_TE Wrote:Well i got my information straight from his mouth. but i mean since you know what your talking about i guess your right.

I'm sorry but I can't say were I got my information. If it came out of his mouth then you are right. It's a torn ligament that needs surgery. I stand corrected. My appologies.

Now take care of Raceland Red Devils.
Ref Devil Wrote:I love your avatar. I took that picture at the exact moment that the trophy was handed to them. I wish I could have gotten the scoreboard in the photo but it looks pretty good as is though. Sam Sparks and Buford Hurley wanted a copy wanted a copy, so I sent it to them and a few others and now it's become a very popular picture amonst the Russell faithful. I'm glad I was in the right place at the right time. It's a wonderful reflection of the emotion on that day. I'll never forget that day and a certain performance by my flesh and blood. Almost brings a tear to my eye everytime I think of it and see the photo.
Thanks for taking the picture and sharing it with red devil sports. I change it up now and then depending on the season.
DevilsWin Wrote:You are correct Russell Dad. I've been taking everyone's word on it rather than looking it up. Good Job!:Thumbs:
You didn't take my word on it.:moon: