Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TOP TEN FRESHMAN IN THE 15TH!
"crazyforball" Wrote:If we are talking about freshman for the 05-06 season Jesikah Russell will be a sophmore, but Laura Carroll will be a freshman. Laura Carroll is a great player she is all over the court when she is playing, she hustles, and you have to hustle to be a good player. Its not that she tries to do too much it is that she is all over the court trying to do what she can and help everybody else out. I know that she fouls a lot because she is always really reachy when guarding people, but other times she is just helping a teammate out. Laura, you are a great player and your hard work and hustle will pay off! Tongue

She will be a good player..i'll agree with that. But as of last year she wasn't all that good. Inexpierenced..yes. But as an 8th grader, who wouldn't be. I just don't think she is a top freshman. She shoots to much for a pointgaurd. She drove in repeatadly on forwards and centers and got blocked A LOT. She turned the ball over alot. Can't blame her though. Plus, half the time when she drove in she just stopped and turned the ball over, or ran into the player to lose to ball. But hey, it's common mistakes for a young inexpierenced player. In a year or two she will be better and will improve her game i'm sure. 8)
That is true, she has a lot of learning to do. But you learn from your mistakes and hopefully last year was her year of learning and this year she will be ready to play. I think that what made Laura think that she had to do so much was where she had to play Middle School ball earlier that year, and where she was the best player in her area she was more of a leader to the Middle School team, and I just don't think that she realized that it wasn't Middle School ball anymore it High School ball, a much different situation.
"The Observer" Wrote:Kayla Lowe
Paige Lowe
Shay Deskins

They are really good players
But I can't believe u didn't include Sally, and Laura in there.
They both had outstanding seasons this year.
I think out of all the this year's freshmen, Jesikah Russell will end up being the best sophomore. She looks like she has grown an inch or 2 since basketball. This girl is a defensive stopper, she's very quick, can jump, and shoots the 3. She's going to work on driving to the hole and a mid-range jumper this summer.

She and Jarrell are the reasons why I pick Paintsville to win the region next year.
I don't think I have seen them play.
Why are people even talking about sophmores????? This is best freshman and Ashley Hall from magoffin is the best freshman in the 15th hands down. She started varsity a few times.
[Quote]I think out of all the this year's freshmen, Jesikah Russell will end up being the best sophomore. She looks like she has grown an inch or 2 since basketball. This girl is a defensive stopper, she's very quick, can jump, and shoots the 3. She's going to work on driving to the hole and a mid-range jumper this summer.

She and Jarrell are the reasons why I pick Paintsville to win the region next year.[Quote]

I totally agree with you Whiz. Russell is definately going to be the Top Sophomore. But I dont think it's just her and Jarrell that's going to win it for Paintsville. You also got K. Carroll and Jarrell duo, and the L. Carroll and Jarrell duo. With all these different mix-ups, Paintsville is going to be very hard to beat.
And I can't wait to see it...GOOD LUCK LADY TIGERS!!!...And all the other teams in the 15th Region!
THE IS A GIRL AT PAINTSVILLE NAMED LAURA CARROL SHE HAS THE HEART OF A CHAMPION AND THE GAME TO MATCH[/Stream]
Ashley Hall is by far the best freshman in the region but she may not get the looks she deserves being surrounded by experienced talent in c.howard b.manns A.J.howard and m.howard
i believe that Jessica Tackett-SF & Danielle Tackett-SF r two talented players as freshman
i agree bout jessica tackett and danielle tackett like i said b4 i dont like them but i have to give them credit jessica can jump and rebounder and danielle is a good ball handler and shooter they work rlly good together from wat i have seen when they were in middle school......i hate admitting that!!!!!
how about chelsea salyers, celena conley and haley meek from jc these girls are excellent freshman ball players with 2 yrs experience on the highschool level!
In no order:

Anna Sanders
Kayla Cantrell
Ashley Sayers
Sally Roberts
Shae Deskins
Paige Lowe

And I want to see Amber Pugh, she has height but I've never seen her play to know her talent as of yet.
i agree with who ever that said danialle tackett and jessica tackett are great players i think they are the best in the 15th
Laura Carrol-Paintsville should be in there somewhere. She was on the 57th district all tournament team as an 8th grader.
"raiders_basketball20" Wrote:i believe that Jessica Tackett-SF & Danielle Tackett-SF r two talented players as freshman
i totally agree with you they are both good players and they will keep geting better they are just freshmenTongueirateSho
Christina Johnson-Pikeville
Laura Carrol-Paintsville
Kayla Cantrell-Shelby Valley
Laura Perkins-Shelby Valley
"raiders_basketball20" Wrote:i believe that Jessica Tackett-SF & Danielle Tackett-SF r two talented players as freshman
i agree jessica and danielle are two good players and they both are top ten worthy they play hard when ever you watch them play i think they will be two players that will keep geting better and rule the 15th regionTongueirateSho
Hannah thompson and holly harris aint any freshman but from wat i saw they are smokin
although kayla hall and chelsie tuttle from sf are middle school kids, they are by far better than most freshmen, or sophomores for that matter, that I've seen play all yr.....
You cannot include k. lowe and p. lowe, they are sophomores. However, she may not be the best player, but abby coleman is an up and coming player for pc. She can absolutely knock the lights out with the 3's.
i don't know about those sf girls. i never hear about the or read about them. they must not be too good.
"15th Fan" Wrote:You cannot include k. lowe and p. lowe, they are sophomores. However, she may not be the best player, but abby coleman is an up and coming player for pc. She can absolutely knock the lights out with the 3's.
Can't a sophmore be a top player?
Laura Carroll is one of the top 10 freshman for sure. She took her lumps at times last year as a starting point guard as an 8th grader. She has a good shot and has cut down on her TO's this year. She just needs to get a lot stronger. Bigger, stronger guards gives her fits.
brogan conley-JC
chelsie salyers-JC
haley meek-JC
Emily wireman-JC
all these girls start on varsity for JC
In no certain order:
Shae Deskins
Ashley Hall
Sally Robert
Kayla Lowe
Anna Sanders
Kaitlan Lawson
Jessica Tackett
Shellie Hamilton
Laura Carroll
Danielle Tackett
Sally Roberts is a Sophomore, and i think the thread is asking for Freshman
Most of the top Freshman in the 15th Region are located in the 57th District. How many other District's have a group of Freshman who have won a Middle School State Championship????
danielle tackett and jessica tackett aren't even the best on their team! seriously, who would even consider that? Watch out 15th region--Chelsie Tuttle and Kayla Hall from SF are rising stars in the yrs to come--one is an 8th grader and the other is a 7th grader...
When I drink my cup of coffee and read my paper in the morning i read alot about young players from lots of teams but not for sure their actual age. brown from ac
knott and hamilton from bl hall/tuttle/castle from sf. The pike central girls. anyonr know the age group this ladies are in?