Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County VS Harlan IND controversy
(02-06-2022, 01:47 AM)Go bears Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 09:39 AM)MrBasketball78 Wrote: There were no punches thrown.  Whoever said that obviously was not at the game and is probably just repeating what they heard someone else say.  The game itself was hard fought and fun to watch but it never got out of hand that’s just not true.  It was actually pretty tightly officiated.  The game is on YouTube for any and all to watch.  The whole blow up was caused by a fan coming down out of the stands and acting a fool.  Not a player or coach.  People who stir this sort of thing up with misinformation are one of the biggest parts of the problem.
You’re right- things get stirred up by people who don’t know the facts. I’ve watched this video and the bc fan never stepped on the court and went straight out the door where he was directed to go-  not resisting AT ALL. The Harlan TEAM AND COACHES were all trying to get at him and having to be held back.  I was told he went to check on the bc kid who had just slid in to the bleachers and had the Akal kid standing directly over him taunting him. Refs should’ve never allowed that. Bc kid gets up and goes the opposite direction, obviously was ok. Meanwhile HC players are going crazy trying to get at the bc guy. He is LEAVING!   Just watch the videos- it’s all there!
You clearly don’t know what was said that provoked coach Akal. I won’t elaborate and I’m not defending the actions from either side but theirs more than meets the eye.
Bell County fan should’ve stayed in the stands and Harlan Ind coach should’ve stayed on the sideline. Let the ref do his job. End of story.
Heard around the grapevine that the investigation via KHSAA for this situation is heating up. Like i said before the refs failed to do their job in control and KHSAA feels the same way. I hate to throw shade towards these men who are so crucial in helping the youth, but there’s one particular 13th region referee that might need to hang the whistle up.
(02-08-2022, 07:37 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Heard around the grapevine that the investigation via KHSAA for this situation is heating up. Like i said before the refs failed to do their job in control and KHSAA feels the same way. I hate to throw shade towards these men who are so crucial in helping the youth, but there’s one particular 13th region referee that might need to hang the whistle up.

This is really a “head scratcher” comment to me.  How does an official on a game control a fan and that fan’s decision to leave the seats and enter onto the court? I would agree however that we might have an official or two who might need to retire. Curious who you’re talking about though lol.
(02-09-2022, 03:43 PM)MrBasketball78 Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 07:37 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Heard around the grapevine that the investigation via KHSAA for this situation is heating up. Like i said before the refs failed to do their job in control and KHSAA feels the same way. I hate to throw shade towards these men who are so crucial in helping the youth, but there’s one particular 13th region referee that might need to hang the whistle up.

This is really a “head scratcher” comment to me.  How does an official on a game control a fan and that fan’s decision to leave the seats and enter onto the court? I would agree however that we might have an official or two who might need to retire. Curious who you’re talking about though lol.
These referees let the players go after eachother the entire game, leave the bench, go after fans, go after other players, etc without a technical ever being assessed. The situation with the fan, when the guy comes out of the stands and everything blows up, where’s the ref. On the video you can see the referee from the very beginning turn his back and walk away. Multiple kids were at risk of being hurt, and it’s obvious the guy could care less. I understand taking yourself out of the situation to prevent any harm on yourself, no judgment for not getting into the middle of it. But the crew of refs walk towards the other end of the gym and then watch like no big deal. Then instead of just ending the game, cause 10 seconds remained, or assessing technicals for fighting and leaving the bench, they just allow another scuffle to happen when the buzzer sounds. The entire crew is at fault. I don’t personally know the ref but i’ve seen him at a couple of games this year and he is a POS when it comes to these kids. Believe I heard his name was David or Darryl. Saw him at two bell games, a middlesboro game, and two HC games and i don’t think I can ever watch a game with him again.
How nobody received a technical sounds mind-boggling.
Bad blood started with the teams in the first game. I thought the refs did a good job calling the game right and having control. The incident with a fan was bad all the way around, but the police got him and he never came on the floor. I do not know what was said. As far as technicals go it’s easy to watch a video and rewind it a dozen times and decide who to T up, but in that situation it isn’t that easy to know which kids did what (as I said earlier I never seen any punching or shoving going on). I don’t like all those refs who did the game, but I don’t think they did a bad job.
If a coach ever goes after a fan , he should never be allowed to coach again EVER!!! I don't care how obnoxious a fan is(and there are some very obnoxious ones-especially parents), if a coach tries to attack a fan, fire him immediately and ban him from any athletic event for life.