Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Pitchers In 15th
you all will have wished you have found a place for her besides the bench!
caitlin conley from ER for sure...the girl can bring some heat..but she works at it really hard
baseballfan606 Wrote:caitlin conley from ER for sure...the girl can bring some heat..but she works at it really hard

she is definetly the best IMO...how many of u all can say u led ur team to the state tourney as a freshman
Five Slamma Jamma Wrote:she is definetly the best IMO...how many of u all can say u led ur team to the state tourney as a freshman
[COLOR="Magenta"]
Good Point there!
[/COLOR]
Lowe For Central.
Ashleigh Stanley from Shelby Valley - although shoes are hard to fill after the state record breaking Cortney Bentley, Stanley just may be the one to fill those shoes.
Caitlin Conley in my opinion is still the best out there, I cant wait to see what she can do when her senior year rolls around.
pc_bear Wrote:Caitlin Conley in my opinion is still the best out there, I cant wait to see what she can do when her senior year rolls around.

Well that will be a few more years, cause she is only a sophmore this year.
thelegend_bulls#23 Wrote:Ashleigh Stanley from Shelby Valley - although shoes are hard to fill after the state record breaking Cortney Bentley, Stanley just may be the one to fill those shoes.

Not even in the same class as Cortney Bentley.
caitlin conley for sure....to be a freshman and lead your team to state is really something. she should be really great be her senior year.
Personally I like Kayla Lowe from Pike Central. I think Ashley Stanley from Shelby Valley will be one to watch this year as well
15th Region Owners:
---------
1. Caitlin Conley
2. Kayla Lowe
3. Ashley Stanley
Looks good to me.
If...Then Wrote:15th Region Owners:
---------
1. Caitlin Conley
2. Kayla Lowe
3. Ashley Stanley

Looks good to me.
after watchin for a couple of years.....some of the top ...

in not any particular order.....

n the 57th...johnson Central's ace...

58th......Spurlock from Allen central if she want to work to get better.....

59th....Conley from East Ridge can simply bring it to the plate....

60th..... Lowe along with Keene should be two of the top pitchers in the region...
BondJamesBond Wrote:after watchin for a couple of years.....some of the top ...

in not any particular order.....

n the 57th...johnson Central's ace...

58th......Spurlock from Allen central if she want to work to get better.....

59th....Conley from East Ridge can simply bring it to the plate....

60th..... Lowe along with Keene should be two of the top pitchers in the region...

Does anyone know what speed these girls can pitch at?
Conley from JC can bring it
4uknuts Wrote:Not even in the same class as Cortney Bentley.

Care to explain? I think last year's record shows that, while maybe not quite as much of a fireballer as Cortney was, Ashleigh can hold her own QUITE well. Not to mention that she is an outstanding young lady, both on and off the field.
Daily radar at Lawrence County shows Kelsey Caudill at 56-58. Two weeks ago Courtney Bently top speed was 53 in a pikeville college game.
OffTheHook Wrote:JC has Conley (JR) and Williams (SO) returning this season. JC should be in the thick of it as always.

Williams is a Freshman. Yes don't forget O'bryan from JCHS. She has added some speed to her pitches. Could get interesting.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Daily radar at Lawrence County shows Kelsey Caudill at 56-58. Two weeks ago Courtney Bently top speed was 53 in a pikeville college game.

Speed will not win many games...if all you have is heat, you are beat! The young ladies listed in this post are all deserving of recognition, but if all they have is velocity--they will lose! Most teams down state use games with east Ky. teams for batting practice, regardless of the velocity. Hitters downstate view 56-58 mph as average. If you want to beat them, you better be ready to play defense. Case in point--everyone believes Conley is the best in our region--look at the stats from the 2007 state tourny and you will see that she is average at best. Bentley's strength was not her velocity, it was her control and her ability to break down hitters in order to throw to their weakness. She pitched a shut-out against Louisville Manual without striking out a hitter. She knew she couldn't overpower them, but she also knew she had one of the best defenses to ever take the field in the 15th playing behind her. She pitched her best game and frustrated a very strong offensive team. My point...there is so much more to pitching than just throwing the ball hard!
Vols01 Wrote:Sure Conley is a good pitcher but she has a tendency to fold under pressure..Can she do it this year, without her seniors behind her??

i agree. i dont think shes fully gotten into the swing of things yet. this is big girl ball, not little league.
blazer3 Wrote:i agree. i dont think shes fully gotten into the swing of things yet. this is big girl ball, not little league.

I don't think they have regional tournaments in little league. You must be from Valley and still haven't gotten over it. That was last year, this is this year. Let the games begin. She will prove herself again this season. Shes a great kid off and on the field. So stop downing her, she's just a kid that loves the sport. By the way Conley pitched 3 great games at the regional tournament. Maybe see you there this year.
blazer3 Wrote:i agree. i dont think shes fully gotten into the swing of things yet. this is big girl ball, not little league.

Maybe if she wore a ribbon in her hair that would make her a Big Girl. Smile
4uknuts Wrote:Maybe if she wore a ribbon in her hair that would make her a Big Girl. Smile

LOL!!!Smile
bigdog Wrote:Speed will not win many games...if all you have is heat, you are beat! The young ladies listed in this post are all deserving of recognition, but if all they have is velocity--they will lose! Most teams down state use games with east Ky. teams for batting practice, regardless of the velocity. Hitters downstate view 56-58 mph as average. If you want to beat them, you better be ready to play defense. Case in point--everyone believes Conley is the best in our region--look at the stats from the 2007 state tourny and you will see that she is average at best. Bentley's strength was not her velocity, it was her control and her ability to break down hitters in order to throw to their weakness. She pitched a shut-out against Louisville Manual without striking out a hitter. She knew she couldn't overpower them, but she also knew she had one of the best defenses to ever take the field in the 15th playing behind her. She pitched her best game and frustrated a very strong offensive team. My point...there is so much more to pitching than just throwing the ball hard!
I agree 110 percent!!
4uknuts Wrote:Maybe if she wore a ribbon in her hair that would make her a Big Girl. Smile

I agree 110 percent. Smile
Ashley Stanley (Shelby Valley) is the best pitcher in the Region .. Lowe for Pike Central is a good pitcher but when she has pressure she gets knocked down and causes Central to fold to.
Conley @ ER for sure.
I believe Lawrence has the best pitching staff.They are led by senior Kelsey Caudill and have two other top notch pitchers in Emily Mills and Kendra Horn.All three played on summer travel teams and are on a year round training schedule.