Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kids switching schools
(02-09-2022, 02:59 AM)BillSelf Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 02:32 AM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 10:22 AM)BillSelf Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 04:01 AM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:
(02-07-2022, 02:07 PM)BillSelf Wrote: 16 Regions

At least 1 Regional Officer for each Region.

Possibility of Region 1 works Region 2, and vice versa.

Regional Officer is responsible for investigating all transfers throughout the year.

Examples;
- Family puts house up for sale, gets apartment near new school. Once eligible, family moves back into house. Immediately ineligible.
- Someone affiliated with new school gives player a ride to school almost every morning. If so, immediately ineligible.
- Documented proof on why the family is moving. If it's for a new job, proof from former employer and new employer must be provided. If not, ineligible.
Don’t stop there.
 How about:

Water boarding younger siblings of said player so they won’t have a desire to transfer in the future.

Public Floggings of parents who dare want to transfer their kids

Public Tarring and Feathering of Coaches whose only sin is that said player showed up from another school wanting to play for them. 

Last but not least:
Drag the AD out in a public square to be shot by a firing squad on live television…

THATLL SHOW EM!!! ?

I wonder why it’s only Pikeville responses… hmm!
Gee, you got me there….Maybe it’s because Pikeville is the only school you’ve openly accused since you’ve been posting on this thread?

My main point in this thread has been players who used the SB, should not have been able to transfer in that repeat year. Like the rule stated. Wherever you’re enrolled May 1st, is where you should’ve had to stay. 

You have seniors, who would be in college right now, if not for Covid. Why should a fifth year senior be allowed to transfer?

Seem right? they’re not only gaining an extra year, but also transferring in a year they would’ve never had? 

Play, yes…transfer in that 5th year, no.

I didn’t agree with it back in the summer before school even started 

I get that what’s done is done. But, this is an opinion based website.
I don’t like the hold back rule at all. Some kids who have held back in middle school got to take advantage of this again only because they have a good birthday.  The 15th Region would look a whole lot different if this rule wasn’t in place.  Bl wouldn’t have Frasure or Howell. East Ridge wouldn’t have Rose. Martin County wouldn’t have Dalton. Paintsville wouldn’t have Tharp and Pikeville wouldn’t have gotten Worrix. LC got one from across the river and held back. I believe that’s the same kid that got hurt and prayers goes out to him. During football season the KHSAA let numerous kids transfer and hold back. 
They set the precedent early on that they were going to allow transfers.  Now if the hold back rule didn’t happen. I still believe Pikeville is head and shoulders better than another team without their holdbacks.   Worrix got eligible. End of story.  People on here bashing Pikeville and other schools should be really complaining to the KHSAA and that’s it.
(02-09-2022, 12:59 PM)BillSelf Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 12:27 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 10:22 AM)BillSelf Wrote: I wonder why it’s only Pikeville responses… hmm!
Gee, you got me there….Maybe it’s because Pikeville is the only school you’ve openly accused since you’ve been posting on this thread?

My main point in this thread has been players who used the SB, should not have been able to transfer in that repeat year. Like the rule stated. Wherever you’re enrolled May 1st, is where you should’ve had to stay. 

You have seniors, who would be in college right now, if not for Covid. Why should a fifth year senior be allowed to transfer?

Seem right? they’re not only gaining an extra year, but also transferring in a year they would’ve never had? 

Glad to see you admit it's the rules and KHSAA you have a beef with and you were lying your aSS off about Pikeville cheating

So the 2 best girls players weren't living together in an apartment or attempted to. Parents not given jobs at banks, etc. ???

Do you want me to post screenshots, etc?
LOL! So which was it? You prove with every post you are full of crap.
The hold back rule only was allowed if it didn't put a kid over the age limit.
So either way if there 19 on or before Aug 1 then they can't participate.
Its not like they are giving an older kid an advantage.
The transfer part was clearly stated in there own rule so not sure why they started allowing it but I will say as always that khsaa holds too much power and control and a kid that is of age should be able to play wherever is best for them.
My only problem is when similar situations are handled differently because you get politics involved.
Most all the great teams have benefited from a transfer or 3 over the years. It is what it is. If your school of choice isn't getting the benefit or worse losing a good player to transfer then I suggest that they put more of a focus on retention and attraction of the athletes. Some schools simply don't have the right personnel in the right places or sports are of no priority and that's fine. Just don't bash another school that has the better program and can help a kid achieve his goals.
(02-08-2022, 10:22 AM)BillSelf Wrote: I wonder why it’s only Pikeville responses… hmm!

Glad to see you admit it's the rules and KHSAA you have a beef with and you were lying your aSS off about Pikeville cheating

So the 2 best girls players weren't living together in an apartment or attempted to. Parents not given jobs at banks, etc. ???

Go ahead! Post them! If all the folks who swear up and down Pikeville is cheating and they have some form of concrete evidence to prove it, multiple people involved with PHS would be in prison by now.
Some people may have tried to live somewhere!!!!!
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adults getting way too emotionally invested in teenagers playing a game and in a few months/years nobody will care whatsoever.

Go ahead! Post them! If all the folks who swear up and down Pikeville is cheating and they have some form of concrete evidence to prove it, multiple people involved with PHS would be in prison by now.
(02-09-2022, 04:37 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Some people may have tried to live somewhere!!!!!
Could you see him just walking up and down Pikeville knocking on doors? ?
(02-09-2022, 11:46 PM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 04:37 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Some people may have tried to live somewhere!!!!!
"Transfer police, open up!!!! Any illegal transfers living here? Gonna have to search this place and see your papers." lol
Bol Kuir backed enrolled at Belfry?!?! I guess that’s ok tho….don’t see any issues at all. As a coach or teammate, how would you feel about letting him play?
(02-10-2022, 02:42 PM)MO2704 Wrote: Bol Kuir backed enrolled at Belfry?!?!  I guess that’s ok tho….don’t see any issues at all.  As a coach or teammate, how would you feel about letting him play?
He’s not playing? Lol
I'm not smoking crack but......I hope he is at Belfry and can play. Because whoever that kid has been listening to is a complete disaster. I feel sorry for the kid.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • PHSFAN
(02-10-2022, 10:57 PM)jetpilot Wrote: I'm not smoking crack but......I hope he is at Belfry and can play. Because whoever that kid has been listening to is a complete disaster. I feel sorry for the kid.
Listening to THE WRONG GUY, I can promise you that!
(02-10-2022, 11:05 PM)irishcard16 Wrote:
(02-10-2022, 10:57 PM)jetpilot Wrote: I'm not smoking crack but......I hope he is at Belfry and can play. Because whoever that kid has been listening to is a complete disaster. I feel sorry for the kid.
Figured that, no kid can screw things up that bad on his own. Has to be adult(s) behind it.
(02-10-2022, 11:05 PM)irishcard16 Wrote:
It's not Bol's fault though. He come from another country and knew nobody. He just does as he's told. He has no real family here to help him. He's a great kid and I wish him the best. Would like to see UPIKE give him an opportunity in college.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pirateforlife's post:
  • PHSFAN
I really think Bol is a great young man as well like you said. I am a former Shawnee State SID and the person who is running things for Bol reached out to us on social media about him. If it wasn't for the handler I would tell our head coach to go after him ASAP.

With the background of our head coach (played and coached overseas before returning home and winning a national championship at Shawnee State last year), plus his strong track record for coaching big men (has one playing in the NBA G-League right now), he'd do wonders for SSU and is a person that would thrive under DeLano Thomas.

I hope Bol lands somewhere and is able to make a better life for himself. If the men's basketball program notices him and feels that he is worth taking a chance on, I would support that 100 percent based on Bol and not anything else.
Google Daniel Hicks sometime. Wouldn’t let the guy watch my cats, much less my kids….A sportswriter on Twitter said the other day that these “Handlers” or “Guardians” are nothing more than glorified human traffickers….I believe it and I feel sorry for those kids…One of them who played at PC last year was 23 years old!
(02-10-2022, 12:01 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 11:46 PM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:
"Transfer police, open up!!!! Any illegal transfers living here? Gonna have to search this place and see your papers." lol
(In Gomer Pyle voice) “CITIZENS ARREST!!!”
[-] The following 1 user Likes HAIL PIKEVILLE!'s post:
  • Bull got out!
(02-11-2022, 03:22 AM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:
Google Daniel Hicks sometime. Wouldn’t let the guy watch my cats, much less my kids….A sportswriter on Twitter said the other day that these “Handlers” or “Guardians” are nothing more than glorified human traffickers….I believe it and I feel sorry for those kids…One of them who played at PC last year was 23 years old!
Who was 23 years old and how was he allowed to play?
(02-11-2022, 02:55 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(02-11-2022, 03:22 AM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:
Who was 23 years old and how was he allowed to play?
PC picked up a kid from Wesley Christian last year was unaware of his actual age. When discovered they cut ties with him. He was listed as a junior last year.
Even Ray Kasongo thinks the Bol Kuir situation is sketchy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesclay's post:
  • BillSelf
I heard Cordia had a kid in his 20s 4 or 5 years ago. I have no idea if it's true. Don't hate the player,hate the game though.