Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kids switching schools
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
What is everyone's opinion on kids switching schools? Seen this brought up a lot of these threads and wanted to bring it up.
Let me make a long story short:

People don’t care when it benefits them.

They do care when it does not benefit them and especially when it negatively impacts them.
Great response Panther Thunder
Why shouldn't kids be able to go somewhere they can succeed? Look at the transfers in college now. Why should we expect one to stay somewhere they don't want to be. If we aren't happy at our job we go find a better one. Let these kids go where they want!
With how college is with the transfer portal now. It’s just the world we now live in if the family is able to swing it financially
(01-31-2022, 11:19 AM)Panther Thunder Wrote: [ -> ]Let me make a long story short:

People don’t care when it benefits them.

They do care when it does not benefit them and especially when it negatively impacts them.
Bingo. Hit the nail in the head ol buddy.
Kids leave and go where they want to go. Get tired of hearing the whole “recruiting” excuse. Kids want to go where they are going to WIN and have better opportunities.

“If you build it, he will come.”
Thing is, kids who used the Senate Bill Holdback should never have been allowed to transfer, unless something crazy forced them to.

They should have only been allowed to play at the school they were at beforehand.

Pikeville doesn’t have an All A State Championship without it. Maybe not even a 15th Region All A Championship.

Facts are facts!
May have to agree with Bill Self. Worrix is damn good.
Here's a mountain School winning the all A classic. Then you have some that want to dismantle and discredit it simply because they have an agenda. something's wrong here.
"Whatifers" play the what if game while proving PT's point - you can play the what if game with every win every school ever got. Winners win and losers cry, never going to change.
(01-31-2022, 03:09 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]"Whatifers" play the what if game while proving PT's point - you can play the what if game with every win every school ever got. Winners win and losers cry, never going to change.

All for the SB rule here, but for someone to be able to transfer in a season they would’ve never had, not right. 

Answer the simple question…

If Worrix has to stay at SV, like he should have, does Pikeville win All A State?
(01-31-2022, 05:41 PM)BillSelf Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-31-2022, 03:09 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]"Whatifers" play the what if game while proving PT's point - you can play the what if game with every win every school ever got. Winners win and losers cry, never going to change.

All for the SB rule here, but for someone to be able to transfer in a season they would’ve never had, not right. 

If Worrix has to stay at SV, like he should have, does Pikeville win All A State?
yes i feel that they could have very well won it.  Worrix is a hell of a ball player.  never know though what could happen.   i do know that add in the rest of athlete's that attend pikeville that chose not to play the lockhart, lowe, and mcnamee and all the others Pikeville would be fine.  but i'm glad khsaa allowed the transfer to happen  who would not want a kid like Worrix on the team.
Kids should be able to go to the school that they believe will benefit them the most. How can you be upset with someone for doing what is best for them? Pikeville gets talked about so bad because kids choose to go there and compete at a high level, and recently they have had very successful programs.
I am not a Pikeville fan by no means, I actually went to Betsy Layne and follow their athletic programs religiously. Over the past several years BL has had several kids choose to go to Pikeville or other schools and I wish them the best of luck and want them to be successful unless they are playing BL.. Instead of getting upset that kids are leaving your programs how about you give them reasons to stay. Give them more opportunities academically, invest in facilities, build consistent coaching staffs..

I'm not a whatifer. That's for losers. KHSAA ruled Worrix eligible. End of story for everyone on Earth except the usual crybabies.
One other point, for you to say what Worrix "should have done" is beyond ignorant. I think I will go with his and his family's decision over some anonymous internet crybaby who knows nothing.
(01-31-2022, 06:01 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm not a whatifer. That's for losers. KHSAA ruled Worrix eligible. End of story for everyone on Earth except the usual crybabies.
One other point, for you to say what Worrix "should have done" is beyond ignorant. I think I will go with his and his family's decision over some anonymous internet crybaby who knows nothing.

I’m for winning fairly, not a normal transfer, otherwise I wouldn’t care. ??‍♂️

Had to stay, like he should have (by rule, etc)… didn’t mean it was a bad decision on his part. Reading comprehension goes a long way!

Someone is triggered ? Thanks for answering my question without knowing that you did.
If a kid wants to recruit a winning program he should be aloud to Way too much daddy ball too much politics to make a player unhappy .He shouldn't be stressed out where he ain't getting a fair shake.
Loving all these tears today haha.
(01-31-2022, 06:17 PM)BillSelf Wrote: [ -> ]

Had to stay, like he should have (by rule, etc)… didn’t mean it was a bad decision on his part. Reading comprehension goes a long way!

Someone is triggered ? Thanks for answering my question without knowing that you did.
Since you are big on reading comprehension, reread the part where the KHSAA declared him eligible and go look up who makes/enforces/interprets the rules and get back to me. Maybe your thinking is still cloudy after UK beat your brains out the other night. Take your time, heal up, reread what I have told you, and get back to me. Class dismissed.
(01-31-2022, 07:27 PM)PHSFAN Wrote: [ -> ]Loving all these tears today haha.
They are delicious like ice cream.
Thunder said it the best if it benefits your team it’s great if not it’s cheating. Worrix has helped Pikeville but if you want to be truthful then what has pushed Pikeville over the top is how much Robinson has improved. He has given Pikeville the biggest boost. KHSAA set the tone during football allowing the 5th year kids to transfer so blame it all on them not the kids.
(01-31-2022, 08:06 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]

Since you are big on reading comprehension, reread the part where the KHSAA declared him eligible and go look up who makes/enforces/interprets the rules and get back to me. Maybe your thinking is still cloudy after UK beat your brains out the other night. Take your time, heal up, reread what I have told you, and get back to me. Class dismissed.

I understand the khsaa ruling, but it also stated that you’re supposed to stay at the school you’re enrolled at May 1st, if you use the SB.

kHSAA SB guidelines, read that and get back to me.

It’s a username. Meanwhile, you’re on here acting and talking like the pep section president
^^^Plus Samons getting healthy plus everyone a year older plus lots of little things. Expectations for this team were sky-high before Worrix ever came. Very glad he did though lol.
(01-31-2022, 08:15 PM)BillSelf Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-31-2022, 05:41 PM)BillSelf Wrote: [ -> ]All for the SB rule here, but for someone to be able to transfer in a season they would’ve never had, not right. 

I understand the khsaa ruling, but it also stated that you’re supposed to stay at the school you’re enrolled at May 1st, if you use the SB.

It’s a username. Meanwhile, you’re on here acting and talking like the pep section president
He's eligible and you are crying. You lose.
(01-31-2022, 06:00 PM)The Scoop Wrote: [ -> ]Kids should be able to go to the school that they believe will benefit them the most. How can you be upset with someone for doing what is best for them? Pikeville gets talked about so bad because kids choose to go there and compete at a high level, and recently they have had very successful programs.
I am not a Pikeville fan by no means, I actually went to Betsy Layne and follow their athletic programs religiously. Over the past several years BL has had several kids choose to go to Pikeville or other schools and I wish them the best of luck and want them to be successful unless they are playing BL.. Instead of getting upset that kids are leaving your programs how about you give them reasons to stay. Give them more opportunities academically, invest in facilities, build consistent coaching staffs..

I agree with this.
Some schools value their athletic departments more than others. Alot of the time if you lose a kid to transfer,you dont have to go very far to find out why if you seriously are wanting to know. The grass is greener where you water it.
(01-31-2022, 08:20 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-31-2022, 08:15 PM)BillSelf Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-31-2022, 06:01 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not a whatifer. That's for losers. KHSAA ruled Worrix eligible. End of story for everyone on Earth except the usual crybabies.

He's eligible and you are crying. You lose.

It’s always funny, until the rabbit has the gun.
(01-31-2022, 02:48 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]May have to agree with Bill Self.  Worrix is damn good.
He is a pretty good guard.  If he followed the KHSAA rules and relocated to the district, I see no problem with it.  As long as the rules were followed.
(01-31-2022, 09:38 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-31-2022, 02:48 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]May have to agree with Bill Self.  Worrix is damn good.
He is a pretty good guard.  If he followed the KHSAA rules and relocated to the district, I see no problem with it.  As long as the rules were followed.

That’s my point App Cat.

“Students have until May 1 to submit a request to their local board of education, and the local board has until June 1 to decide whether to accept all requests or no requests from students in their district. Students may ONLY ACCEPT the SSYP option at the school in which they are enrolled on May 1.”
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(01-31-2022, 10:29 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5