Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kids switching schools
SV with Worrix is a top 5 team, that could beat another Top 5 team on any given night.

Correct me, if I'm wrong.

He's exactly what they're missing. Leader and a solid PG.

Instead of 12-8 right now, they're probably 16-4. (Lost to BL by 7, Belfry by 4, ER by 3, etc.)
"You're a whatifer boy. A clown. Big red nose, big shoes."
lol
(02-02-2022, 12:49 PM)jetpilot Wrote: "You're a whatifer boy. A clown. Big red nose, big shoes."
lol

A clown that’s living in your head rent free. 

Got you constantly refreshing the page. 

Honk Honk  Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like BillSelf's post:
  • Booger Branch Bandit, Diogenes
I agree with Amy McGrath on everything he's saying but he comes across as somewhat bitter with people questioning the process.
(02-02-2022, 01:16 PM)BillSelf Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 12:49 PM)jetpilot Wrote: "You're a whatifer boy. A clown. Big red nose, big shoes."
lol

A clown that’s living in your head rent free. 

Got you constantly refreshing the page. 

Honk Honk  Big Grin
Nah, I just think you're a crybaby.
Your school recruits kids…gets whined and complained about on a message board. That’s cute. Cordia does the same thing and damn near gets the school shut down.
[-] The following 2 users Like Booger Branch Bandit's post:
  • BillSelf, Diogenes
(02-02-2022, 04:04 PM)Booger Branch Bandit Wrote: Your school recruits kids…gets whined and complained about on a message board. That’s cute.  Cordia does the same thing and damn near gets the school shut down.
Add 3B to the lying crybaby club. In fact give him some extra dumb points for lumping Pikeville with Cordia.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

extra one for you 3B WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is amazing to see how many people freak out over a team winning the ALL A. I always knew there was a little resentment and animosity, but this is impressive.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hambley's post:
  • jetpilot, The Scoop
(02-02-2022, 04:25 PM)Hambley Wrote: It is amazing to see how many people freak out over a team winning the ALL A.  I always knew there was a little resentment and animosity, but this is impressive.
Yes, the tears are real.
Booger you are absolutely correct. Your statement of “ your school recruits kids” is exactly spot on. An absolutely great education, awesome facilities, the best coaches, competitive in dang near every sport…….Pikeville recruits kids and parents.
Almost every parent I know from there is originally from a surrounding county school. Parents who went to those county schools who have all made the decision that Pikeville is a better option for their kids. That’s what truly hurts the most isn’t it. All these parents know for a fact what the better option is because they’ve lived the lesser option. So yes that school does recruit, by doing things better than most other schools. Kudos for pointing that out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Micro-Brew's post:
  • jetpilot
^^^Well said, case closed. And with that I bow out lol...
(02-02-2022, 04:29 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Booger you are absolutely correct. Your statement of “ your school recruits kids”  is exactly spot on. An absolutely great education, awesome facilities, the best coaches, competitive in dang near every sport…….Pikeville recruits kids and parents.
Almost every parent I know from there is originally from a surrounding county school. Parents who went to those county schools who have all made the decision that Pikeville is a better option for their kids. That’s what truly hurts the most isn’t it. All these parents know for a fact what the better option is because they’ve lived the lesser option. So yes that school does recruit, by doing things better than most other schools. Kudos for pointing that out.

compete in dang near every sport?
yeah that’s because they recruit. 

winning now, yes. Win all the time, no. 

seen it go both ways.

(02-02-2022, 05:07 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Well said, case closed. And with that I bow out lol...

don’t you mean “fly out” there, Jet Pilot. 

We will see the state of the basketball program in a year or 2.
My question is where do you draw the line? There has to be some kind of rule to regulate. Where does everyone think it should be?
(02-02-2022, 05:27 PM)BillSelf Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 04:29 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Booger you are absolutely correct. Your statement of “ your school recruits kids”  is exactly spot on. An absolutely great education, awesome facilities, the best coaches, competitive in dang near every sport…….Pikeville recruits kids and parents.

seen it go both ways.

(02-02-2022, 05:07 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Well said, case closed. And with that I bow out lol...

As good as the last 5 years dude. We don’t paint “school of excellence” above the door for nothing. Elisha has it locked it now. Imagine being on this bench and practicing against that defense every single day. Plus we KNOW a motivated kid that wants to play college basketball is gonna want to come over and be part of it. Heck as the executive director of the Pikeville recruiting committee I’m just gonna take a year off after these results. All cause of basketball, amazing. I’m use to the football stuff but man this is awesome.

seen it go both ways.

ok in 5 years Pikeville has won 4 district titles, 3 15th region All A titles, 2 15th region titles, a Sweet 16 quarterfinal appearance, AND an All “A” state title. Yeah the next two years look bleak
This thread is a barrel of fun! It don’t take much to get the Pikeville fans’ bloomers in a big ol’ wad! Call them out for depending on kids from other schools/counties for success and boom…out comes the high and mighty, we are superior human beings, thou art below me attitude. How dare I lump them together with schools that do the same things that they do. Sadly, the kids seem to be good kids with loads of talent, but the “adults” on here seem to be a bunch of pretentious a-holes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Booger Branch Bandit's post:
  • BillSelf
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(02-02-2022, 10:24 PM)Hambley Wrote:

seen it go both ways.

As good as the last 5 years dude. We don’t paint “school of excellence” above the door for nothing. Elisha has it locked it now. Imagine being on this bench and practicing against that defense every single day. Plus we KNOW a motivated kid that wants to play college basketball is gonna want to come over and be part of it. Heck as the executive director of the Pikeville recruiting committee I’m just gonna take a year off after these results. All cause of basketball, amazing. I’m use to the football stuff but man this is awesome.

seen it go both ways.

ok in 5 years Pikeville has won 4 district titles, 3 15th region All A titles, 2 15th region titles, a Sweet 16 quarterfinal appearance, AND an All “A” state title. Yeah the next two years look bleak

what does that have to do with the next few years?

absolutely nothing. Be time to restock the cupboard with other peoples groceries.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BillSelf's post:
  • Diogenes
Looking good so far
This has gone on for years. I don’t mind it, as I believe kids and parents should make those choices. I would like to see the KHSAA be more consistent. I know there’s been kids with very similar circumstances where one sits a half a season while the other is ruled eligible immediately. Makes no sense!
(02-03-2022, 02:42 PM)TheProfessor33 Wrote: This has gone on for years.  I don’t mind it, as I believe kids and parents should make those choices.  I would like to see the KHSAA be more consistent.  I know there’s been kids with very similar circumstances where one sits a half a season while the other is ruled eligible immediately.  Makes no sense!
Depends on the recruiting committee’s bank roll and real estate holdings.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Booger Branch Bandit's post:
  • BallAlcoholic
There probably should be a rule that lets you transfer once a year no matter where it is. Don’t have to move and all that blah blah blah. KHSAA is about like a Communist country. They do what they want how they want when they want. All about the money usually. Rich get richer poor get poorer it seems. Kids with 4.0s can’t transfer to neighboring school without entire family moving out of their homes. Give up everything you own and have built for a couple years for high school sports. Dang what has the world came to anyway? All over a ball. I love sports more than anything but I just feel things should be a little simpler. Got to be an astronaut to even understand the KHSAA eligibility rules when you transfer. And the lawyers don’t even completely understand them either when you ask them for advise and clarification. Well I just don’t know how they’ll vote is all you here.
Most of the problem that people don’t like is the housing issue. If it wasn’t kids getting apartments for them to be eligible, I don’t think many people would be too upset. I’m all for wanting a kid to be successful and if moving is apart of that, great. Just it is aggravating when some players get shafted and others don’t and it usually is the ones who move to the bigger schools. I’m all for being for the kids, a lot of it is just the KHSAA is a joke and it always has been. That’s the only complaint I have with it. Other than that, if the kids are talented and aren’t getting what they need, why not better yourself? If you leave a talented team, then there’s usually a reason behind it…wrong or right, it just makes good basketball and rivalries even more competitive. There’s always gonna be people upset but don’t put it on the kids. I’m just happy to see these teams be so successful this year. I really think the mountains have a lot of great teams and making us all proud!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kentuckyfan52's post:
  • BallAlcoholic
(02-03-2022, 03:54 PM)Booger Branch Bandit Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 02:42 PM)TheProfessor33 Wrote: This has gone on for years.  I don’t mind it, as I believe kids and parents should make those choices.  I would like to see the KHSAA be more consistent.  I know there’s been kids with very similar circumstances where one sits a half a season while the other is ruled eligible immediately.  Makes no sense!
Depends on the recruiting committee’s bank roll and real estate holdings.
It has been explained to you by several on here. It has nothing to do with bankrolls or real estate. It 100% has to to with academics, facilities, coaches, teachers, which translates to winning programs where success breeds success. In other words THE SCHOOL I think deep down you know this. You think you are getting robbed but people just want better. You can whine or you can demand better. You choose to whine like most people which only means you will never get better. And people who do want better will continue to leave and go elsewhere. Nobody has to "recruit" them, they want what's best for their kids. And nobody in their right mind will blame them.
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • 606CATS, BallAlcoholic
I agree with a lot of the points on both sides of this debate. America is built on the premise that competition should be the main force that drives the economy. It’s not much different here; with the idea that better schools will draw kids- with little or no direct recruiting required. I agree- 100%. EXCEPT- schools are funded by enrollment and attendance. “RULES” whether they are enforced or not are there that actually prevent recruiting/transferring just for athletics. So, people/systems that are trying to play by the rules; may lose out.

Simple solution: do away with our big government system and transfer rules; give families who want school choice their tax dollars back; and allow people to be free without feeling like they are breaking/bending rules. This would also make the private v public debate go away.
[-] The following 2 users Like ROTC's post:
  • jetpilot, Panther Thunder
(02-03-2022, 09:59 PM)Kentuckyfan52 Wrote: Most of the problem that people don’t like is the housing issue. If it wasn’t kids getting apartments for them to be eligible, I don’t think many people would be too upset. I’m all for wanting a kid to be successful and if moving is apart of that, great. Just it is aggravating when some players get shafted and others don’t and it usually is the ones who move to the bigger schools. I’m all for being for the kids, a lot of it is just the KHSAA is a joke and it always has been. That’s the only complaint I have with it. Other than that, if the kids are talented and aren’t getting what they need, why not better yourself? If you leave a talented team, then there’s usually a reason behind it…wrong or right, it just makes good basketball and rivalries even more competitive. There’s always gonna be people upset but don’t put it on the kids. I’m just happy to see these teams be so successful this year. I really think the mountains have a lot of great teams and making us all proud!
My understanding of the housing rule was it has to be a full family move.  Not just a dad or mom getting a temporary apartment to become eligible.  Am I understanding this correctly or is the temporary housing option legal?
(02-05-2022, 01:02 AM)Appalachian Cat Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 09:59 PM)Kentuckyfan52 Wrote: Most of the problem that people don’t like is the housing issue. If it wasn’t kids getting apartments for them to be eligible, I don’t think many people would be too upset. I’m all for wanting a kid to be successful and if moving is apart of that, great. Just it is aggravating when some players get shafted and others don’t and it usually is the ones who move to the bigger schools. I’m all for being for the kids, a lot of it is just the KHSAA is a joke and it always has been. That’s the only complaint I have with it. Other than that, if the kids are talented and aren’t getting what they need, why not better yourself? If you leave a talented team, then there’s usually a reason behind it…wrong or right, it just makes good basketball and rivalries even more competitive. There’s always gonna be people upset but don’t put it on the kids. I’m just happy to see these teams be so successful this year. I really think the mountains have a lot of great teams and making us all proud!
My understanding of the housing rule was it has to be a full family move.  Not just a dad or mom getting a temporary apartment to become eligible.  Am I understanding this correctly or is the temporary housing option legal?

I’m going to be honest I’m not sure of the exact ruling on the moving. But I have no idea on any other moves but parents are not at these places in the cases that I’ve heard.
Nil money good in high school sports, get it while u can. Don’t blame kids for cashing in. Why not move,county schools only care about parent politics instead of furthering the kids futures.my experience with it on the basketball side anyway.little Johnny may suck but hey mom dad can keep us in a job.
(02-05-2022, 02:33 PM)Bugman2475 Wrote: Nil money good in high school sports, get it while u can. Don’t blame kids for cashing in. Why not move,county schools only care about parent politics instead of furthering the kids futures.my experience with it on the basketball side anyway.little Johnny may suck but hey mom dad can keep us in a job.
Please explain what you mean by NIL money in High School Sports.
(02-05-2022, 10:59 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote:
(02-05-2022, 02:33 PM)Bugman2475 Wrote: Nil money good in high school sports, get it while u can. Don’t blame kids for cashing in. Why not move,county schools only care about parent politics instead of furthering the kids futures.my experience with it on the basketball side anyway.little Johnny may suck but hey mom dad can keep us in a job.
Please explain what you mean by NIL money in High School Sports.
Well I say 17 /18 year old kids having apartments in town on their own would qualify considering they are full time student.not many kids got that kinda cash laying around but like I said I don’t blame the kids go where u can reach  your goals.
FINALLY! HP HAS COME BACK TO BGR!!!

I quote the great Dale Earnhardt concerning some of you who are complaining about kids transferring schools. Specifically to Pikeville. “Y’all need to tie a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants don’t crawl up and ear your candy behinds!”