Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bol Kuir back to Belfy??
(02-02-2022, 12:38 PM)BillSelf Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 12:13 PM)Grinch1 Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 11:58 AM)BillSelf Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 10:43 AM)Grinch1 Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 10:25 AM)irishcard16 Wrote: Well you literally are right now in boys basketball? Lol

If that’s the case I can speak for a few people that will not be happy, that completely takes away from time to prepare for the baseball season.

Pikeville has one transfer in the starting lineup and one that comes off the bench that transferred last year.  So they don’t have all transfers.

Pikeville has a ton of players from different HS and MS.

Fitzer (Adams MS/Prestonsburg)
Worrix (SV) 5th Year Senior
Sammons (Floyd County)
Hall (Floyd County)
Manns (Floyd County)

That's 5 of their top 10 probably. Including their 3 best!

Just because they didn't transfer in HS, doesn't mean they weren't recruited.

Paintsville would have a hard time fielding a team, especially a competitive one, without the Prestonsburg kids over the last few years (Fugates, Watts, etc)

Pikeville and Paintsville both better ride the wave of this year, because the cupboard gets bare quick after this season.
A transfer is only when a player enrolls in a different high school and then goes do a different  high school.  Samons enrolled as a freshman as did Fitzer so not a transfer.  Hall has been there since middle school.  Those aren’t transfers.  Hall  hasn’t been in the Floyd County school system since 5th grade if I’m not mistaken.  Those kids that are a Paintsville either enrolled has Freshman or in middle school.  Parents have a right to chose where they send their kids regardless of where they live.  I will never get mad at a parent for wanting to better their kid academically or athletically.  You have to always do what you think is right for your child.  

Also Paintsville, Pikeville and Belfry will always be fine athletically because they have winners in multiple sports.  Kids have been going to those schools for decades because of winning.  That isn’t going to ever stop.  When they have the academics and the best coaches.  Perfect combination.

Just stop. Those Prestonsburg kids won a Middle School Basketball State Title. Those other kids won elementary and middle school titles at their former schools/feeder programs.

So it's Free Agency if they're not in HS? Transfers and Recruiting only happens in HS?

Nobody is saying anything about "parents choice", so we can stop using that. Because obviously it's the parents choice to send them, otherwise they wouldn't be able to go.

Barring a slew of transfers, Paintsville will be in the bottom half of the region for the next few years. Pikeville as well, if Samons decides to redshirt at a college of his choice.

This is a basketball forum, not talking about anything other than basketball.
Yeah but you get on here and complain about these kids. When it reality nothing illegal is going on and until you have proof of something illegal than you don’t have a leg to stand on.   You should look into the school systems that are losing these kids and get mad at them.  Who you hire as educators and coaches matter to these kids.  If whatever school your a fan of got some of these kids you wouldn’t be on here complaining.  The rule is if you haven’t set foot in a high school yet you can go wherever you want.  Everyone gets transfer.  LC got one this year.  Floyd Central got 3. BL got 1. JC got 2. So I guess your mad that Pikeville gets the star transfers and everyone else just gets role players. It’s going to happen every year and if the KHSAA rules then eligible then it should be the end of story. You nor anyone else isn’t going to change that.   It’s the same thing every year on this site.  Your school systems just need to look in the mirror and start valuing athletics a little more.  That starts by the right hires not just someone that’s gonna play their buddies kids.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Grinch1's post:
  • jetpilot
We all know why kids left Floyd co, its common knowledge. Im a lifelong Floyd co resident, played ball here grade school and high school..
No one wanted to play football at Prestonsburg at the time most of the football transfers happned. Again, not bad mouthing anyone but everyone knows why... Lots of kids did not want to play for Floyd central because of the earlier coaching hires. I wanted more than anything for Floyd central to come out with a great hire from the get and build a strong program but noooooooo, they had to hire using the buddy system....Again........ Buddy hiring and politics have been the death of Floyd co sports on several levels... I want to see these kids stay, I know some of these kids.. Several of them grew up right around me, kin to my wife. I watched them play as little kids but no one can blame them for not wanting to play for loosing programs... I wont say it was for academics because Ive yet to have one tell me if was,LOL.. Still I hope the best for them and completely understand...
Id actually go as far as to say it was "worse" in my day.. Guys use to transfer, openly breaking policy and no one blinked an eye..Everyone use to laugh at schools that had mail boxs beside their storage sheds..
No pikeville leads in transfers. Kurt won't be back at belfry this year. Belfry has a mess the way it is. Since the Peterson kid arrived at belfry the program has lost all will to win. The kid is trouble. Has tore the program apart and now the dean & Clarke kid is joining him. Should 9f seen them at the pike central game. WOW!!!
(02-04-2022, 12:16 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: No pikeville leads in transfers. Kurt won't be back at belfry this year. Belfry has a mess the way it is. Since the Peterson kid arrived at belfry the program has lost all will to win. The kid is trouble. Has tore the program apart and now the dean & Clarke kid is joining him.  Should 9f seen them at the pike central game. WOW!!!
Depends on what sport you are talking about lol I do agree seems the problems got worse with Peterson. Discipline has always been the problem with Belfry in boys/girls program.