Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 2022
(01-01-2022, 01:24 PM)cats3x Wrote:
(01-01-2022, 01:15 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: With the RPI i really wish we could do away with the districts. Our non district schedule is solid, excluding WC and GC, but with the Wburg and Belfry scrimmages played fairly close to live settings, I think it makes up for those games. Especially early on. I just hate closing out the year with that 4 game stretch WC, GC, BL, Fairview. Creates a false sense of security, when you know those are potentially 4 running clocks. But you cant do anything about BL and Fairview. It is what it is, but i do foresee bigger and better games replacing Rowan and WC in the next 2 years.
A team that has averaged over 9 wins the last three years, including a regional championship isn’t enough competition for your Rams?  Seriously?  Get out of here with that nonsense.

Who u talkin bout?
(01-01-2022, 11:00 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote:
(01-01-2022, 01:15 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: With the RPI i really wish we could do away with the districts. Our non district schedule is solid, excluding WC and GC, but with the Wburg and Belfry scrimmages played fairly close to live settings, I think it makes up for those games. Especially early on. I just hate closing out the year with that 4 game stretch WC, GC, BL, Fairview. Creates a false sense of security, when you know those are potentially 4 running clocks. But you cant do anything about BL and Fairview. It is what it is, but i do foresee bigger and better games replacing Rowan and WC in the next 2 years.
A team that has averaged over 9 wins the last three years, including a regional championship isn’t enough competition for your Rams?  Seriously?  Get out of here with that nonsense.

Who u talkin bout?
WC since you routinely bash them.
Good lord man. I aint bashing anyone. They were qn elite team in 2020. They were solid this year, but 3 years over the last 20 doesnt cut it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scotty_Bronson's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
No. They aren’t.
I wqnt everyone in the area to be dominant. But WC doesnt really prepare Raceland for what they need to be prepared for against Pikeville. Neither does Rowan and neither does GC.
(12-31-2021, 09:34 PM)ROTC Wrote: Yes!  We all surely remember a certain Red Devil dad wannabe youth football Demi God who couldn’t get the old rock Coach Ivan McGlone to run a spread offense…….So, he influenced nearly a whole class of kids to leave Russell and enroll at Raceland.  It DID help Raceland get to a new level.  Then, once the “family” left Fairview.  Raceland continues to benefit from being a “magnet”.
Two kids hardly constitutes an entire class.

I am most definitely in favor of doing away with districts. BL and scareview ruin your RPI.
(12-29-2021, 01:13 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 01:01 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I would love to see a small power Ohio school on the schedule but this is a start
This might not be the most popular opinion but we need to get Greenup off of the schedule and find a good team to play in their place.
I would agree with that. Never seen that this game helped the Rams all that much.

(12-31-2021, 11:23 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(12-31-2021, 10:33 AM)2000PHS Wrote: I think Raceland was better than their performance at Pikeville last year, but Pikeville probably played their most complete game of the season that night. Is that a fair statement Pikeville fans?

Raceland returns a lot of experience and talent. I have them 2nd behind Pikeville.
It’s to soon to tell. The transfer portal hasn’t closed yet. You never know who is gonna show up where these days.
Humm

(12-29-2021, 01:13 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 01:01 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I would love to see a small power Ohio school on the schedule but this is a start
This might not be the most popular opinion but we need to get Greenup off of the schedule and find a good team to play in their place.
I would agree with that. Never seen that this game helped the Rams all that much.
The three teams ive mentioned have provided 1 close contest (regardless of the W/L outcome) in the last 10 years. If Raceland wants to get to the next level they have to find a way to get more difficult games on the schedule. Dont have to play male or trinity every week, but teams like Highlands need to be the norm.
The three games I mentioned, Rowan, Greenup, and West Carter, have not been competitive over the last 20 years, outside of maybe 2 or 3 games. East Carter and West Carter, if they actually do consolidate, would create a different level of competition though. Both teams seem to be on an upward trend and the merger of the two programs could create a very good team in NEKY. That being said, thats not going to be the case any time soon. In order for Raceland to become what so many think they can become, the schedule has to change, plain and simple.
ttt
I hear kids are working hard in the weightroom. New strength and conditioning coach coming on will make a big difference. Thats what its going to take for us to get to the next level.
(02-13-2022, 05:35 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: I hear kids are working hard in the weightroom. New strength and conditioning coach coming on will make a big difference. Thats what its going to take for us to get to the next level.
I was thinking more along the lines of 14-16 transfers. Others do it why not us haha
(02-14-2022, 06:35 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(02-13-2022, 05:35 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: I hear kids are working hard in the weightroom. New strength and conditioning coach coming on will make a big difference. Thats what its going to take for us to get to the next level.
I was thinking more along the lines of 14-16 transfers. Others do it why not us haha

Thats a good saying. Why not us. Could you imagine 14-16 transfers walking into a program. I wonder if it has ever happened.
(02-24-2022, 11:15 PM)I’m Bull got out! Wrote: https://kentuckyprepgridiron.com/drew-bu...-1776bank/
Good read ….great kid
[-] The following 2 users Like RAMDAD50's post:
  • Bull got out!, Orange Blaze
Raceland can't & won't beat pikeville this upcoming year either. Talk about a tough schedule look at pikevilles schedule
At Corbin
Covington catholic
Lex Christian
Belfry
Madison central
Hazard
Lex. Sayre
That's just a few games I know for sure
So Raceland your schedule is weak.
Takes more than a schedule to over come a 5TD defecit. Atleast not one seasons worth of a schedule. It takes multiple years of playing schedules like that. Raceland schedule will be better this year, but its going to take multiple years of that and consistent big classes to get to where Pikeville is right now. Other changes taking place within the football prorgram at Raceland thats going to benefit us in the long run, especially from an offseason outlook. Future is bright and we are taking steps needed to build on that.
(01-01-2022, 07:07 PM)Ramfan02 Wrote: The Ironton kid if he does come will be a after school year move . It has been a rumor for months and he has been to a couple games and basketball games this year at Raceland. I still don’t think it will happen but if it does the 1a landscape will definitely be changed . Also rumor that a Russell receiver has moved into the district . But rumors of kids transferring are normal . Usually just talk and nothing more .

That is true about the Russell receiver it is 2023 WR/DB Mason Lykins.
Saw him catching some throws from Lundy the other day. Kid has some soft hands. Lundy was throwing some piss rockets At him. He was catching them like it was nothing.