Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland 2022
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Raceland 2022

Belfry -Scrimmage away-August 5th , 6:30 pm

Wheelersburg- Scrimmage -Home  August 12th 7:30 pm

Ashland- Home August 19th ,7:30

Russell -Home August 27th 7:30

Rowan County -September 2nd Home
7:30
Highlands -September 9th Away 7:00pm

West Carter -September 16th Home 7:30 pm

Greenup County -September 23rd 7:30 pm Away
September 30th off

Betsy Layne -October 7th Away 7:30 pm

Fairview -October 14th Away 7:30 pm

Paintsville -October 21st  Home 7:30 pm

Lawrence County -October 28th Away 7:30 pm
(12-28-2021, 10:13 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: [ -> ]Raceland 2022

Belfry -Scrimmage away-August 5th , 6:30 pm
Wheelersburg- Scrimmage -Home  August 12th 7:30 pm

Ashland- Home August 19th ,7:30
Russell -Home August 27th 7:30
Rowan County -September 2nd Home
7:30
Highlands -September 9th Away 7:00pm
West Carter -September 16th Home 7:30 pm
Greenup County -September 23rd 7:30 pm Away
September 30th off

Betsy Layne -October 7th Away 7:30 pm

Fairview -October 14th Away 7:30 pm

Paintsville -October 21st  Home 7:30 pm

Lawrence County -October 28th Away 7:30 pm
Now thats a start to a schedule that prepares you for the big games.  I like it
Raceland to be successful has to go through Pikeville. Tall task every season. They should be veteran and a good squad. This schedule will test them.
Highlands ?? As in FT Highlands ?
If so did anyone ever think you would see Raceland playing Highlands in any sport ??
(12-29-2021, 11:09 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]Highlands ?? As in FT Highlands ?
If so did anyone ever think you would see Raceland playing Highlands in any sport ??
7-8 years ago it would have been unheard of for Raceland or any 1A school for that matter to be playing Highlands.  Although this isn’t the dominate Highlands of the past this is still a great pick up for Raceland to beef up the schedule.
I would love to see a small power Ohio school on the schedule but this is a start
(12-29-2021, 01:01 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]I would love to see a small power Ohio school on the schedule but this is a start
This might not be the most popular opinion but we need to get Greenup off of the schedule and find a good team to play in their place.
(12-29-2021, 01:13 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2021, 01:01 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]I would love to see a small power Ohio school on the schedule but this is a start
This might not be the most popular opinion but we need to get Greenup off of the schedule and find a good team to play in their place.
I agree but this game is a big money game for both teams. Hell even when Greenup is god awful….which is most of the time ….they bring more fans then any other school we play. Money wise it needs to stay on the schedule
Why? You get 1/2 the RPI points for the same competition you get from Highlands.
(12-29-2021, 07:56 PM)Slic Ric Wrote: [ -> ]
Why? You get 1/2 the RPI points for the same competition you get from Highlands.
I’m not complaining about Highlands. I like them on the schedule. I would also like to see a powerful small Ohio school on the schedule. I think rpi is Irrelevant in class a. The competition is so week. Do you think the out come would’ve been different if we played Pikeville in the state championship instead of the semifinals?
(12-29-2021, 10:28 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]
I’m not complaining about Highlands. I like them on the schedule. I would also like to see a powerful small Ohio school on the schedule. I think rpi is Irrelevant in class a. The competition is so week. Do you think the out come would’ve been different if we played Pikeville in the state championship instead of the semifinals?
This year probably not, but most teams would rather be in the finals competing than in the semifinals given a choice.
(12-30-2021, 12:20 AM)Slic Ric Wrote: [ -> ]
This year probably not, but most teams would rather be in the finals competing than in the semifinals given a choice.
I think Mikes goal for the program should be having a community Thanksgiving with the team every year. If by some chance we do win a ring some day we’ll that’s just a bonus. It’s hard for a small program to win a championship without the influence of a lot of transfers and that’s just something Raceland doesn’t do. But my point about the RPI is ….I feel Raceland can and will beat most everyone in class A every year except for Paintsville Pikeville and Hazard. So the RPI in my mind is irrelevant.
The biggie for RPI is getting the semis at home. The only obstacle standing in Pikeville's way of getting #7 in 2022 IMO is having to play at Raceland in the semifinals.
(12-30-2021, 01:59 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
The biggie for RPI is getting the semis at home. The only obstacle standing in Pikeville's way of getting #7 in 2022 IMO is having to play at Raceland in the semifinals.
I don’t think Raceland can over come 29 points in one years time even playing at home
(12-30-2021, 02:15 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2021, 01:59 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2021, 07:56 PM)Slic Ric Wrote: [ -> ]Why? You get 1/2 the RPI points for the same competition you get from Highlands.
I don’t think Raceland can over come 29 points in one years time even playing at home
I hope not lol but that is the position the Rams hope to be in.
Even if it isn’t the Highlands of old, it is still an upgrade to the Rams schedule.
(12-30-2021, 04:56 PM)Redneck Wrote: [ -> ]Even if it isn’t the Highlands of old, it is still an upgrade to the Rams schedule.
The bigger question for me is......."What in the heck is going on at Highlands?"  Why would Highlands even consider scheduling Raceland unless the new coach is trying to pad his schedule in order to get some W's.   Maybe it was the only game he could get?  I would think there are plenty higher level teams out there that would be more than willing to play Highlands now a days.  Then again, I haven't seen Highlands schedule.
(12-30-2021, 06:31 PM)Here to help Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2021, 04:56 PM)Redneck Wrote: [ -> ]Even if it isn’t the Highlands of old, it is still an upgrade to the Rams schedule.
The bigger question for me is......."What in the heck is going on at Highlands?"  Why would Highlands even consider scheduling Raceland unless the new coach is trying to pad his schedule in order to get some W's.   Maybe it was the only game he could get?  I would think there are plenty higher level teams out there that would be more than willing to play Highlands now a days.  Then again, I haven't seen Highlands schedule.
That was my initial thought as well.  I am as big a Ram fan as anyone but Highlands should always be way out of our league and this should be a game they never even consider. Kudos to Raceland for scheduling up but this speaks a lot about the current state of the Highlands program.
I think Raceland was better than their performance at Pikeville last year, but Pikeville probably played their most complete game of the season that night. Is that a fair statement Pikeville fans?

Raceland returns a lot of experience and talent. I have them 2nd behind Pikeville.
(12-31-2021, 10:33 AM)2000PHS Wrote: [ -> ]I think Raceland was better than their performance at Pikeville last year, but Pikeville probably played their most complete game of the season that night. Is that a fair statement Pikeville fans?

Raceland returns a lot of experience and talent. I have them 2nd behind Pikeville.
It’s to soon to tell. The transfer portal hasn’t closed yet. You never know who is gonna show up where these days.
(12-30-2021, 08:49 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]
I think Mikes goal for the program should be having a community Thanksgiving with the team every year. If by some chance we do win a ring some day we’ll that’s just a bonus. It’s hard for a small program to win a championship without the influence of a lot of transfers and that’s just something Raceland doesn’t do. But my point about the RPI is ….I feel Raceland can and will beat most everyone in class A every year except for Paintsville Pikeville and Hazard. So the RPI in my mind is irrelevant.

That's funny. Raceland has become Transfer U in the last several years, after years of griping about other schools getting them.
Yes!  We all surely remember a certain Red Devil dad wannabe youth football Demi God who couldn’t get the old rock Coach Ivan McGlone to run a spread offense…….So, he influenced nearly a whole class of kids to leave Russell and enroll at Raceland.  It DID help Raceland get to a new level.  Then, once the “family” left Fairview.  Raceland continues to benefit from being a “magnet”.
With the RPI i really wish we could do away with the districts. Our non district schedule is solid, excluding WC and GC, but with the Wburg and Belfry scrimmages played fairly close to live settings, I think it makes up for those games. Especially early on. I just hate closing out the year with that 4 game stretch WC, GC, BL, Fairview. Creates a false sense of security, when you know those are potentially 4 running clocks. But you cant do anything about BL and Fairview. It is what it is, but i do foresee bigger and better games replacing Rowan and WC in the next 2 years.
(01-01-2022, 01:15 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: [ -> ]With the RPI i really wish we could do away with the districts. Our non district schedule is solid, excluding WC and GC, but with the Wburg and Belfry scrimmages played fairly close to live settings, I think it makes up for those games. Especially early on. I just hate closing out the year with that 4 game stretch WC, GC, BL, Fairview. Creates a false sense of security, when you know those are potentially 4 running clocks. But you cant do anything about BL and Fairview. It is what it is, but i do foresee bigger and better games replacing Rowan and WC in the next 2 years.
A team that has averaged over 9 wins the last three years, including a regional championship isn’t enough competition for your Rams?  Seriously?  Get out of here with that nonsense.
WC and East both have had a solid run the last two years but I believe they both fall off this year. Lost of talk about Consolidating in Cater county. When that happens they will become a pretty solid football program
Has the kid from Ironton enrolled yet?
(01-01-2022, 03:28 PM)KYHSFB Wrote: [ -> ]Has the kid from Ironton enrolled yet?
What kid?? You know more then me on this. Why would someone come from a school that’s ended  their season in the state championship game 2 out of the last three years ?
(01-01-2022, 03:28 PM)KYHSFB Wrote: [ -> ]Has the kid from Ironton enrolled yet?

I have heard the same thing as well. If it is true, could make an already potent backfield lethal.
The Ironton kid if he does come will be a after school year move . It has been a rumor for months and he has been to a couple games and basketball games this year at Raceland. I still don’t think it will happen but if it does the 1a landscape will definitely be changed . Also rumor that a Russell receiver has moved into the district . But rumors of kids transferring are normal . Usually just talk and nothing more .
If it’s the same kid that was rumored to be coming this past summer I’m afraid the baggage that comes with him isn’t worth the rewards. That’s why I always say I would rather lose with my kids then win with yours. I hope I wrong about this but who knows
Pages: 1 2