Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Breathitt 68 - Wolfe 65
It would be crazy to see how many regional titles every school would have if every team in the 14th had always played with all homegrown county kids.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BiscuitNGravy's post:
  • wolfcat
(12-17-2021, 11:09 PM)griffman Wrote: Final from Breathitt County.

(12-19-2021, 12:57 PM)Wolfeman Wrote: I look for Wolfe County to improve as the season progresses. Due to covid protocol, one of their best players, Levi Mayabb has been out the majority of the season. For Wolfe county to have a chance of beating PCC, Skylar Richie has got to play more aggressive. At times, he looks like he’s lost on the court. Wilgus Tolson is has matured into one of the best point guards in the state. The kid has more grit than the rest of the Wolfe team combined. He just about single handedly beat Breathitt by himself.

How does the Ritchie kid get more aggressive when he only touches the ball 3 or 4 times a game.They don't run no offense play barn yard ball.Too many pistol Pete's Wolfe Co. Can't beat nobody period
Hate to break it to ya Jim but this is a guards game. Big men these days are usually the last option on scoring. Better crash the boards and get garbage points.
Gotta agree with Turnover, lots of barn yard ball in the 14th and 15th. Probably why they never win at state any.
Blue lips how you crash the boeards at top of key setting picks.I dont see no midgets in NBA.Dont you never saw Al Holland style.
(12-19-2021, 01:55 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Only play 5 at a time Huck.  Perry’s 5 better than any 5 Breathitt and Wolfe could throw together.
If you put Wilgus Tolson on Breathitts  team, they’d easily beat Perry.
No way Tolson makes Breathitt better. He’d take shots away from Breathitts stud Sperry. Bellamy is all Breathitt needs at Pg.
Wolfeman
(12-19-2021, 01:55 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Only play 5 at a time Huck.  Perry’s 5 better than any 5 Breathitt and Wolfe could throw together.

bhs has too many wilgus tolsons already on the team.
(12-29-2021, 11:33 AM)wannacat Wrote: Wolfeman

Tolson is a true point guard. Averaging almost 7 assists a game. Breathitt needs someone who can feed the post and get players open shots. No, Breathitt doesn’t have a single player on their roster like Tolson.
Tolson going to UK?
(12-21-2021, 01:25 AM)Blue Lips Wrote: Hate to break it to ya Jim but this is a guards game. Big men these days are usually the last option on scoring. Better crash the boards and get garbage points.

Mckenzie at Perry lead PCC in scoring the last 2 games. These kids are breaking down the defense and looking for who has the best shot.
Taking what the defense gives them.
Thats why you have had 5 commodores lead in scoring this year. They celebrate a good assist as much as a dunk. Don't get me wrong, they are kids and all want to score but they can beat you in a variety of ways.
(12-19-2021, 08:14 PM)RockyRoad Wrote: Thoughts following the game. Breathitt’s size really gave wolfe a lot of trouble. A lot of contested and fading away shots. Ritchie has to play better for them to have a shot at breathitt. Not sure Tolson can put those numbers up again. Surprised nobody attempted to take a charge on Sperry, multiple times the opportunity was there.
Speaking of transferring kids, breathitt has 3 of their own. 2 who went to the city school the majority of their life and another from Owsley.

(12-29-2021, 06:51 PM)Wolfeman Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 11:33 AM)wannacat Wrote: Wolfeman

Tolson is a true point guard. Averaging almost 7 assists a game. Breathitt needs someone who can feed the post and get players open shots. No, Breathitt doesn’t have a single player on their roster like Tolson.

I don't think this guy is talking about assists.
(12-19-2021, 05:55 PM)BiscuitNGravy Wrote: It’s been going on for years down there so it’s no surprise to anyone that it happened again this year. Can’t win with the kids you have so you have to go out and get people. Ruins high school basketball. Never gonna change though.
If I am not mistaken, every team that has a chance to win region got kids from other schools. If I am wrong correct me. Breathitt's starting 5 came from Jackson City. Collins came from Buckhorn. Wolfe county- The big Richie kid has been to 5 different schools, Perry got a boy from Estill and Buckhorn. Cordia has a whole team from New York. Duff from Hazard came from 2 different schools. Every team does it, it is part of basketball. Also, look around different regions and tell me a team that has a chance to win with every kid from that same school system.
The Ritchie Kid was born at central Baptist does that mean he's from Lexington.What 5 csyools has he been.He played on number one 7th grade team in the nation does that count?
(01-05-2022, 11:44 AM)bobkitty Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 05:55 PM)BiscuitNGravy Wrote: It’s been going on for years down there so it’s no surprise to anyone that it happened again this year. Can’t win with the kids you have so you have to go out and get people. Ruins high school basketball. Never gonna change though.
If I am not mistaken, every team that has a chance to win region got kids from other schools. If I am wrong correct me. Breathitt's starting 5 came from Jackson City. Collins came from Buckhorn. Wolfe county- The big Richie kid has been to 5 different schools, Perry got a boy from Estill and Buckhorn. Cordia has a whole team from New York. Duff from Hazard came from 2 different schools. Every team does it, it is part of basketball. Also, look around different regions and tell me a team that has a chance to win with every kid from that same school system.
 The Ritchie kid has lived in Wolfe County his whole life. He’s played at Wolfe since the 7th grade. Every kid that plays for Wolfe is home grown. Wolfe County doesn’t recruit like the other schools do. That’s probably why they haven’t won a region title.
North Laurels kids are all from that school.
(12-19-2021, 08:14 PM)RockyRoad Wrote: Thoughts following the game. Breathitt’s size really gave wolfe a lot of trouble. A lot of contested and fading away shots. Ritchie has to play better for them to have a shot at breathitt. Not sure Tolson can put those numbers up again. Surprised nobody attempted to take a charge on Sperry, multiple times the opportunity was there.
    Speaking of transferring kids, breathitt has 3 of their own. 2 who went to the city school the majority of their life and another from Owsley.
I guess you would like to know that all kids 1-15 on breathitts roster has Breathitt county roots. Every kid on that teams immediate family ties in to breathitt county one
(01-06-2022, 09:49 PM)Mcnugget Wrote:
I guess you would like to know that all kids 1-15 on breathitts roster has Breathitt county roots. Every kid on that teams immediate family ties in to breathitt county one
I guess you would like to know Jackson City is in Breathitt County...