Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
2022 Pike County Bowl - Pikeville vs. Covington Catholic
(02-02-2022, 12:06 PM)jgreenlhc Wrote: Do you know what day the games will be played?
Normally it’s been ER vs Phelps and Belfry vs their opponent @belfry on Friday 

Valley and PC then Pikeville vs their opponent @Pikeville on Saturday
[-] The following 1 user Likes HAIL PIKEVILLE!'s post:
  • Gargamels
Wow this Panther offense is gonna be potent. It just got a little more interesting.
(02-07-2022, 06:59 PM)Hambley Wrote: Wow this Panther offense is gonna be potent. It just got a little more interesting.
Oh hell we were already drowning in teardrops on here
(02-07-2022, 08:15 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(02-07-2022, 06:59 PM)Hambley Wrote: Wow this Panther offense is gonna be potent. It just got a little more interesting.
I bet I know who it is lol
Flash flooding in the near future from all the tears!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Panthers Dominate's post:
  • jetpilot
I’m getting a mason jar and putting a sticker on it that reads “County Tears” and will drink from it regularly during the Podcast…
[-] The following 1 user Likes HAIL PIKEVILLE!'s post:
  • jetpilot
Oh hell we were already drowning in teardrops 

better put your life preserver on standby. Patiently waiting
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hambley's post:
  • jetpilot
So who's the big recruit?
(02-08-2022, 01:17 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: So who's the big recruit?
This is simply a guess on my part but I’m gonna say, best athlete on Buckley’s creek......and a few more with him am I right panther fans?
(02-08-2022, 01:45 PM)irishcard16 Wrote:
This is simply a guess on my part but I’m gonna say, best athlete on Buckley’s creek......and a few more with him am I right panther fans?
That's what I thought. Boykins isn't going to be qb at Pikeville and Anderson isn't taking Birchfield's carries so it will be interesting if that's the case.
Belfry fan mentioning recruiting gives me a warm fuzzy feeling every time lol
(02-08-2022, 01:49 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 01:45 PM)irishcard16 Wrote:
That's what I thought. Boykins isn't going to be qb at Pikeville and Anderson isn't taking Birchfield's carries so it will be interesting if that's the case.
It’s him or russ or maybe Big reds kid from betsy layne. Not many big names out there to get.
I'd be shocked if Osborne comes from Valley or Parsons kid comes from BL. They have both grown up in their school systems from literally before they could walk. Talk about losing their minds though could you imagine if he did leave SV for Pikeville. They're fans are still fuming cause Worrix left in basketball

I like to give Pikeville folks a hard time but anyone who has a brain knows Pikeville and Belfry are the only 2 football programs in Pike County who will ever have a legit shot to win a state championship. Yea these other programs may have a good team once every 10 years or so but that's about it
(02-08-2022, 04:33 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: I'd be shocked if Osborne comes from Valley or Parsons kid comes from BL. They have both grown up in their school systems from literally before they could walk. Talk about losing their minds though could you imagine if he did leave SV for Pikeville. They're fans are still fuming cause Worrix left in basketball

I like to give Pikeville folks a hard time but anyone who has a brain knows Pikeville and Belfry are the only 2 football programs in Pike County who will ever have a legit shot to win a state championship. Yea these other programs may have a good team once every 10 years or so but that's about it
Yeah it’s most likely the Buckley’s creek connection. And I agree about the other 2 kids being long shots but boy that would be exciting to see the fireworks if russ did go to pikeville. Lol
(02-08-2022, 05:09 PM)irishcard16 Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 04:33 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: I'd be shocked if Osborne comes from Valley or Parsons kid comes from BL. They have both grown up in their school systems from literally before they could walk. Talk about losing their minds though could you imagine if he did leave SV for Pikeville. They're fans are still fuming cause Worrix left in basketball

Yeah it’s most likely the Buckley’s creek connection. And I agree about the other 2 kids being long shots but boy that would be exciting to see the fireworks if russ did go to pikeville. Lol
This is starting to get fun so I will play along for a minute and then I have to be gone from my desk for a few hours lol...
If all those people who lost David Jones, Isaac Dixon and on and on somehow managed to not blow themselves up I think the Valley faithful can manage...

To be clear I would be fine with nobody transferring in to PHS, what they have coming back is more than enough to win Class A again and maybe even beat Belfry again if there isn't a huge influx from across the river...

All in fun of course lol...
(02-08-2022, 05:22 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

This is starting to get fun so I will play along for a minute and then I have to be gone from my desk for a few hours lol...
If all those people who lost David Jones, Isaac Dixon and on and on somehow managed to not blow themselves up I think the Valley faithful can manage...

To be clear I would be fine with nobody transferring in to PHS, what they have coming back is more than enough to win Class A again and maybe even beat Belfry again if there isn't a huge influx from across the river...

All in fun of course lol...
Always in great fun buddy. It’s often been joked about that it was the tug valley all stars against the big sandy all stars when we play each other.....may be some truth to that
That’s pretty funny, I must admit.
I know we joke about recruiting but there's only been one program in Pike County that has actually been proven to illegally recruit. That was PC when Chapman was there and had his boys from Breathitt playing. That is the only time they've been halfway decent the last 20 years.
(02-08-2022, 10:27 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: I know we joke about recruiting but there's only been one program in Pike County that has actually been proven to illegally recruit. That was PC when Chapman was there and had his boys from Breathitt playing. That is the only time they've been halfway decent the last 20 years.
Agree. Recruiting and being attractive to prospective students closer seem to be being lumped in together. We are attractive for athletes on the other side of the river and the Villegas’s is attractive for those schools close to them. It’s pretty simple.
Speaking of Pike Central and Pikeville. Pikeville just got PC’s good QB for this upcoming season.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Wow!
(02-09-2022, 01:12 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Speaking of Pike Central and Pikeville. Pikeville just got PC’s good QB for this upcoming season.
I don't see him being qb at Pikeville. Probably receiver. Not really a thrower but more of a runner. Duty will most likely be qb at Pikeville next year.
(02-09-2022, 01:12 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Speaking of Pike Central and Pikeville. Pikeville just got PC’s good QB for this upcoming season.
Woah Woah Woah Huh Huh Huh Huh Whatttttttttt??????? I AM SO SHOCKED lol
(02-09-2022, 04:57 PM)irishcard16 Wrote:
I heard he tried to get a West Virginia license plate so he could go to Belfry but the DMV refused.
Big Grin
(02-09-2022, 05:03 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 04:57 PM)irishcard16 Wrote:
I heard he tried to get a West Virginia license plate so he could go to Belfry but the DMV refused.
Yeah we had to turn him down because he was a KY resident so we sent him to you. We are waiting on our WV recruiting base to send us some kids right now.

I’ve known Russ’ Dad for 30 years and he’s a friend of mine…Trust me Russ won’t leave Valley. They’re dug in up at Virgie deeper than an Alabama tick…
(02-09-2022, 11:52 PM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:

I’ve known Russ’ Dad for 30 years and he’s a friend of mine…Trust me Russ won’t leave Valley. They’re dug in up at Virgie deeper than an Alabama tick…
Wasn't it just a few years ago (I think Russ Osbornes 8th grade year) they beat Pikeville 50-0 in middle school football? Just funny how that never translates to high school.
(02-10-2022, 01:13 AM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 11:52 PM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:

Wasn't it just a few years ago (I think Russ Osbornes 8th grade year) they beat Pikeville 50-0 in middle school football? Just funny how that never translates to high school.
And beat us 30-20.
What year was that? Blake Birchfield is a year ahead of Osborne when BB was in 8th that middle school team beat Belfry like 38-6 in the playoffs and lost in Lexington in game that went to the wire. I think Pikeville lost games that went to the wire vs CAL and Meece back then in semis or finals.