Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
2022 Pike County Bowl - Pikeville vs. Covington Catholic
Per PHS Panther Football Twitter account. Pretty awesome.
PHS Panther Football
@PikevilleHSFB
Replying to
@HEARTLANDFAN15
Pikeville is slated to play Covington Catholic in the 2022 Pike County Bowl.
Pikeville wins running clock. They are just too good. That is if they will even play. CC may pull a Bourbon County and not show up after watching Pikeville on film.
(12-13-2021, 12:47 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: Pikeville wins running clock. They are just too good
Gotta love Belfry fans on tilt. This is big boy football, not 3A...
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • TheOracle
Love the possibility of having the opportunity to play CovCath in the Pike County Bowl. Playing those tough non-district games at LCA, at Wheelersburg, at Madison Central, at Belfry, and even at Letcher Central paid dividends once the playoffs started this past season.

As Pikeville and especially Belfry showed this year losing to a very good team in August and September can be much more beneficial than beating a decent team by 2 or 3 scores or putting a running clock on Cupcake State come November and December. Any word yet on who Belfry is playing in next year's PCB?
(12-13-2021, 01:16 AM)PHSFAN Wrote: Love the possibility of having the opportunity to play CovCath in the Pike County Bowl.  Playing those tough non-district games at LCA, at Wheelersburg, at Madison Central, at Belfry, and even at Letcher Central paid dividends once the playoffs started this past season.

As Pikeville and especially Belfry showed this year losing to a very good team in August and September can be much more beneficial than beating a decent team by 2 or 3 scores or putting a running clock on Cupcake State come November and December.  Any word yet on who Belfry is playing in next year's PCB?
Belfry plays Bourbon County.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pirateforlife's post:
  • PHSFAN
(12-13-2021, 01:16 AM)PHSFAN Wrote: Love the possibility of having the opportunity to play CovCath in the Pike County Bowl.  Playing those tough non-district games at LCA, at Wheelersburg, at Madison Central, at Belfry, and even at Letcher Central paid dividends once the playoffs started this past season.

As Pikeville and especially Belfry showed this year losing to a very good team in August and September can be much more beneficial than beating a decent team by 2 or 3 scores or putting a running clock on Cupcake State come November and December.  Any word yet on who Belfry is playing in next year's PCB?
In the voice of Douglass... "Did any one say cupcakes? We love cupcake... schedule" LOL
Anyone know what CC brings to the table next season? Historically they've always been a winner, finished 8 - 3 this past season.
I expect them to be better this year.  They were young in a lot of positions. They do lose a 3-year starter at QB though.  That’s gonna be hard to replace.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BoondockSaint's post:
  • Gus McCrae
Thats a nice game!
RPI is gonna be critical next year and playing 6A teams will help, but pulling out a W versus CC would probably secure an at home playoff run next year. What the Panthers REALLY want to avoid is having to travel to the truck stop in Greenup Co. otherwise known as Raceland.
(12-13-2021, 01:19 AM)pirateforlife Wrote:

Belfry plays Bourbon County.
They're on  Belfry's schedule, yep. but if bourbon still has the same ol bounce they had in them last year, they just might bounce themselves right into another cancellation
(12-13-2021, 12:47 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: Pikeville wins running clock. They are just too good. That is if they will even play. CC may pull a Bourbon County and not show up after watching Pikeville on film.

Lol, CCH plays big boys in Cincinnati. No disrespect to Pikeville, but CCH isn't scared.

Hoping for a good game. And that it ends before 1am.
(01-13-2022, 05:35 PM)TheOracle Wrote:
(12-13-2021, 12:47 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: Pikeville wins running clock. They are just too good. That is if they will even play. CC may pull a Bourbon County and not show up after watching Pikeville on film.

Lol, CCH plays big boys in Cincinnati. No disrespect to Pikeville, but CCH isn't scared.

I think you missed the thick layer of sarcasm.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Panther Thunder's post:
  • jetpilot

pirateforlife is a Belfry fan who has lost to Pikeville the last 3 years and thanks God for 3A and West Virginia first thing when his eyes open every day.
Pikeville fans know full well what CCH brings to the table and the Panthers will have to bring their A++ game to even have a shot at a win.

(01-13-2022, 09:29 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote:

No sarcasm intended here sir. Pikeville is the real deal. I'd put them right in there with Trinity, St. X, Mater Dei, John Bosco, Westlake, and IMG Academy.
(01-14-2022, 02:40 AM)pirateforlife Wrote:

No sarcasm intended here sir. Pikeville is the real deal. I'd put them right in there with Trinity, St. X, Mater Dei, John Bosco, Westlake, and IMG Academy.
Don't know about all that but they are way better than anyone in 3A
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Gargamels
(01-14-2022, 02:40 AM)pirateforlife Wrote:

Wow! All tilted out here for sure.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • jetpilot
I am not sure how Pikeville will match up with CCH but Pikeville is the type of program that even with a loss it will help them down the road. I would like the see the Panthers get the Golden Eagles on the schedule regularly.
[-] The following 2 users Like DarthVader's post:
  • Big Five-0-, TheOracle
(01-15-2022, 01:56 PM)DarthVader Wrote: I am not sure how Pikeville will match up with CCH but Pikeville is the type of program that even with a loss it will help them down the road. I would like the see the Panthers get the Golden Eagles on the schedule regularly.
Agree. If this was a scheduled annual event, i think it would be very competitive and draw a big gate.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • jetpilot
Lukas C. Burchett
@lukasburchett
·
6h
Pike High is the current reigning All “A” Champions in: Boys Golf, Volleyball, Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Baseball, & Softball. #HailPikeville

Add to that football state champs
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(01-16-2022, 05:10 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Lukas C. Burchett
@lukasburchett
·
6h
Pike High is the current reigning All “A” Champions in: Boys Golf, Volleyball, Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Baseball, & Softball. #HailPikeville

Add to that football state champs
That's right Jp It's there!
Pikeville-734
Cov Cath- 6 (against the JV)
[-] The following 2 users Like irishcard16's post:
  • Big Five-0-, jetpilot
lol
What are the other games in the Pike County Bowl besides Pikeville and Covington Catholic
^Belfry vs Bourbon County (Former Belfry standout and UK Wildcat is the head coach at Bourbon County)

The other 2 games will have East Ridge, Phelps, Pike Central, and Shelby Valley playing each other but I don't know who plays who.
Is Belfry-Bourbon County on Friday and Pikeville-Covington Catholic on Saturday?
(01-31-2022, 08:10 PM)PHSFAN Wrote: ^Belfry vs Bourbon County (Former Belfry standout and UK Wildcat is the head coach at Bourbon County)

The other 2 games will have East Ridge, Phelps, Pike Central, and Shelby Valley playing each other but I don't know who plays who.
Phelps plays ER and Shelby Valley plays Pike Central. That's been the schedule for the last few years. Pikeville and Belfry are the only 2 schools who play out of area teams.
Do you know what day the games will be played?
(02-01-2022, 11:58 AM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 08:10 PM)PHSFAN Wrote: ^Belfry vs Bourbon County (Former Belfry standout and UK Wildcat is the head coach at Bourbon County)

Phelps plays ER and Shelby Valley plays Pike Central. That's been the schedule for the last few years. Pikeville and Belfry are the only 2 schools who play out of area teams.
Sounds like a good weekend of football