Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Open Job Head Coach: Knox Central
And the kids pay the price! Makes me want to vomit!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Bull got out!
Did I see that Levi Rogers interviewed for this job? He's spent the last 4 seasons as Lincolns defensive coordinator. That would be a really interesting hire among the district. Lincoln already lost Crutchfield and a few members of their staff to Garrard County. This could really hurt their program!
One thing I do like is there is lots of interest in these coaching opportunities. Nothing wrong with trying to better yourself. It’s just hurdling the politics that holds back each program.

I would expect that a announcement would be soon.
(12-28-2021, 12:51 PM)OldBallCoach1 Wrote: Did I see that Levi Rogers interviewed for this job? He's spent the last 4 seasons as Lincolns defensive coordinator. That would be a really interesting hire among the district. Lincoln already lost Crutchfield and a few members of their staff to Garrard County. This could really hurt their program!
Rogers was interviewed from what I was told as well. I think he had interest of being a head coach before the departure of Crutchfield.  I know he is LC through and through but lincoln doesn’t seem to be in any hurry to get a coach. Was also told knox isn’t the only program outside of Lincoln interested in Rogers
(12-28-2021, 02:54 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: One thing I do like is there is lots of interest in these coaching opportunities. Nothing wrong with trying to better yourself. It’s just hurdling the politics that holds back each program.

KC has there coach, just waiting for official announcement. If true KC got a good one.
(12-24-2021, 12:06 AM)Regular guy Wrote: I’m confused about this…. Corbin had a couple of kids at the position he coaches with d-1 offers but in my opinion kind of got worse as time went on at Corbin but he’s a great coach? I understand that’s not all on a position coach but great seems to be a strong word at this point…. Maybe I’m missing something as I have never heard of coach Buckner but where was he a head coach before? And why wouldn’t Corbin put him in a more important role? I understand Corbin folk hate their coaches at this point but this seems wild to me

Im confused why you make so many accounts to bash your fellow coaches, waterboy.
(12-28-2021, 04:26 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
(12-28-2021, 02:54 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: One thing I do like is there is lots of interest in these coaching opportunities. Nothing wrong with trying to better yourself. It’s just hurdling the politics that holds back each program.

KC has there coach, just waiting for official announcement. If true KC got a good one.

Is it Mills or Buckner? I've been told it's a corbin assistant but they didnt know who.
(12-30-2021, 09:34 PM)HOFER Wrote:

Is it Mills or Buckner? I've been told it's a corbin assistant but they didnt know who.

He said a good one lol, last name starts with a B. He is good one, players coach that is a strong offensive mind. Will pull a lot of talent to the team and will have support. He will probably build a younger staff with energy. Knox will win district next season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • Bull got out!
(12-30-2021, 10:26 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:
(12-30-2021, 09:34 PM)HOFER Wrote:

He said a good one lol, last name starts with a B.  He is  good one, players coach that is a strong offensive mind.  Will pull a lot of talent to the team and will have support.  He will probably build a younger staff with energy.  Knox will win district next season.
You seriously think KC beats Corbin next season?
Dustin Buckner officially named Head Coach.
WOW! I don't know about that one. You'd think knox would have went after someone with head coaching exp.
(01-03-2022, 02:28 PM)FallRock Wrote: WOW! I don't know about that one. You'd think knox would have went after someone with head coaching exp.
They did. This is by far the best hire Knox could have hoped for. No one should be complaining about Buckner getting the job. It’s a homerun, Touchdown and a 3-pointer deep for the administration, players and fans. Hats off to Knox Central for the best hire hands down.
Buckner did a nice job at Jellico as a head coach. That's a brutally hard job and getting a home playoff game there is pretty impressive.
(01-03-2022, 02:28 PM)FallRock Wrote: WOW! I don't know about that one. You'd think knox would have went after someone with head coaching exp.

Buckner was a head coach. He has coached at all levels besides pro Smile
(01-03-2022, 06:36 PM)dodger Wrote: Buckner did a nice job at Jellico as a head coach.  That's a brutally hard job and getting a home playoff game there is pretty impressive.
I agree. I couldn't believe how well he had them playing.