Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
New rule.
(12-05-2021, 02:37 PM)Gold River Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 02:24 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 10:22 AM)Gold River Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 07:49 AM)ROTC Wrote: Of course not; BUT, as a general rule of thumb, freshman and most sophomores don’t belong on the field on Friday night.  Some coaches even game plan to attack/exploit them, due to the physical and experiential differentiation.
JCs leading rusher Zack McCoart with 1200+ yards is a Freshman.
How old will he be his Senior year on August 1? No one talking about that.
I wasn’t defending the opposition I was saying that freshman can hang with 19 year olds they just gotta man up. im for the rule heck I wish every kid would get 5 years of high school. I have no ideal how old he is.
McCourt would have normally been a sophomore this season but he was one of the kids that reclassified. He played for JC last year. I have no idea how old he is, but I’m glad that several kids, including him had the chance to do that.
^^^ Exactly, its not like these young men broke a rule or was given something. I for one think that their is only about 2-10 high school boys who can go away at 17 and actually do what they are suppose to do. if this was not implemented you would have had that said 17 yr old having to compete with a 25 YR OLD that took the extra covid year through out college. Now if you think that is fair, then you are more of a hater and do not understand the consequences that these young men were spared. Showing up and trying to compete, getting disheartened and dropping out coming back home. Hats off to all the parents and kids who took this year, I hope it worked out for you and for many it looks as if it did( 2a, 3a, and 4a.) The kids that some have a issue with are all repeat winners so by some of the comments I have read this season, they did it as a actual senior last year so the * or label super senior is in your head not these young men. They made the most of listen real closely haters, WHAT THEY WERE GIVEN. That to me shows they understood and took the fullest advantage of this, a good indication of showing maturity.
[-] The following 2 users Like New2Town's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115, Bull got out!
Never liked the rule, still don't like the rule, but considering what Gillis, Dixon, and Hergott did in the Finals... at the very least you can say all three of those kids did their part to take advantage of the rule to get more exposure and cement the fact they deserve an opportunity to play at the next level.

Cannot fault the kids for taking advantage of the opportunity in front of them to bet on themselves.

Hope it pans out with offers for all of them.
Here is my take.... If you take away the re-do players (all impact and major contributor to the team) will their team be in the position that they were in? Also for me, If I already won the state championship the prior year and I am a senior, why would I come back? What am I chasing? Just to say "I won back to back state or, all district, all area, all state Mr. Football etc etc.
(12-06-2021, 01:15 AM)Redneck Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 09:56 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 02:33 PM)Redneck Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 03:15 AM)Diogenes Wrote: New rule:

Did anyone notice that in 50% of the finals, the MVP was a super senior? 2A, 3A, 4A? You can say what you want about the rule (I know my own thoughts), you can't deny the impact this year.
Oh you done did it now. I got ripped on the Pikeville/Russellville thread when I brought up Russellville’s 6-7 super seniors. I remember back when the KHSAA approved this rule and half this site lost their shit lol. They said there would be a team win a title because of it. All I did was revisit that and some people got big time butt hurt over it  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

narcissistic people twist everything and make it look as if they are the victim. You got "butt hurt" and whined like a little girl, because a school did the same thing that your school has been doing. No school should be able to hold kids back for  athletics. There should be no 19 year olds playing high school football.
I didn’t whine or get butt hurt about a damn thing lol. And I couldn’t name you one kid on Paintsville’s roster that has stayed back in any grade, and that’s the Gods honest truth. I couldn’t even tell you 75% of their names if they were standing in front of me lol. You, of all people, talking about someone whining and getting butt hurt over what another team is doing is absolutely comical.

Sober up and you might remember. You're either drunk or telling lies. lol
(12-06-2021, 11:43 AM)New2Town Wrote: ^^^ Exactly, its not like these young men broke a rule or was given something. I for one think that their is only about 2-10 high school boys who can go away at 17 and actually do what they are suppose to do.  if this was not implemented you would have had that said 17 yr old having to compete with a 25 YR OLD that took the extra covid year through out college.  Now if you think that is fair, then you are more of a hater and do not understand the consequences that these young men were spared.  Showing up and trying to compete, getting disheartened  and dropping out coming back home.  Hats off to all the parents and kids who took this year, I hope it worked out for you and for many it looks as if it did( 2a, 3a, and 4a.)  The kids that some have a issue with are all repeat winners so by some of the comments I have read this season, they did it as a actual senior last year so the * or label super senior is in your head not these young men. They made the most of listen real closely haters, WHAT THEY WERE GIVEN.  That to me shows they understood and took the fullest advantage of this, a good indication of showing maturity.
This ain't NCAA or NFL. Holding kids back to gain an advantage in high school athletics is stupid. Most kids are not gonna be professional athletes, and cheating any  way you can is wrong. There's more to life than winning a high school game by using men or kids that are not even from the area.
[-] The following 3 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • A Tribe Called Quest, Diogenes, wolfcat
(12-06-2021, 12:03 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 02:33 PM)Redneck Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 03:15 AM)Diogenes Wrote: New rule:

Did anyone notice that in 50% of the finals, the MVP was a super senior? 2A, 3A, 4A? You can say what you want about the rule (I know my own thoughts), you can't deny the impact this year.
Oh you done did it now. I got ripped on the Pikeville/Russellville thread when I brought up Russellville’s 6-7 super seniors. I remember back when the KHSAA approved this rule and half this site lost their shit lol. They said there would be a team win a title because of it. All I did was revisit that and some people got big time butt hurt over it  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

narcissistic people twist everything and make it look as if they are the victim. You got "butt hurt" and whined like a little girl, because a school did the same thing that your school has been doing. No school should be able to hold kids back for  athletics. There should be no 19 year olds playing high school football.
I didn’t whine or get butt hurt about a damn thing lol. And I couldn’t name you one kid on Paintsville’s roster that has stayed back in any grade, and that’s the Gods honest truth. I couldn’t even tell you 75% of their names if they were standing in front of me lol. You, of all people, talking about someone whining and getting butt hurt over what another team is doing is absolutely comical.

I don’t tell lies pal. I have been known to drink a few cold beers every now and then though haha.
(12-06-2021, 12:11 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 11:43 AM)New2Town Wrote: ^^^ Exactly, its not like these young men broke a rule or was given something. I for one think that their is only about 2-10 high school boys who can go away at 17 and actually do what they are suppose to do.  if this was not implemented you would have had that said 17 yr old having to compete with a 25 YR OLD that took the extra covid year through out college.  Now if you think that is fair, then you are more of a hater and do not understand the consequences that these young men were spared.  Showing up and trying to compete, getting disheartened  and dropping out coming back home.  Hats off to all the parents and kids who took this year, I hope it worked out for you and for many it looks as if it did( 2a, 3a, and 4a.)  The kids that some have a issue with are all repeat winners so by some of the comments I have read this season, they did it as a actual senior last year so the * or label super senior is in your head not these young men. They made the most of listen real closely haters, WHAT THEY WERE GIVEN.  That to me shows they understood and took the fullest advantage of this, a good indication of showing maturity.
This ain't NCAA or NFL. Holding kids back to gain an advantage in high school athletics is stupid. Most kids are not gonna be professional athletes, and cheating any  way you can is wrong. There's more to life than winning a high school game by using men or kids that are not even from the area.
You’re whining right now  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Redneck's post:
  • pjdoug
(12-06-2021, 12:08 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: https://twitter.com/KySportsRadio/status...04864?s=20

False
I wasn’t crazy about the fifth year senior thing, but everyone had the same opportunity.
LOTS of things about Covid stunk, but this was near the bottom of my worries.
Sure the kids had a big impact but how do you change that?
I think in the Belfry/PT game Dixon had a huge impact, but Cam Marshall for PT did as well. So to me it had the opportunity to balance.
I’m not for any asterisk or any new classification as a fifth year-
It was just a (hopefully) once in a lifetime occurrence- let’s move on
(12-06-2021, 01:20 PM)Redneck Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 11:43 AM)New2Town Wrote: ^^^ Exactly, its not like these young men broke a rule or was given something. I for one think that their is only about 2-10 high school boys who can go away at 17 and actually do what they are suppose to do.  if this was not implemented you would have had that said 17 yr old having to compete with a 25 YR OLD that took the extra covid year through out college.  Now if you think that is fair, then you are more of a hater and do not understand the consequences that these young men were spared.  Showing up and trying to compete, getting disheartened  and dropping out coming back home.  Hats off to all the parents and kids who took this year, I hope it worked out for you and for many it looks as if it did( 2a, 3a, and 4a.)  The kids that some have a issue with are all repeat winners so by some of the comments I have read this season, they did it as a actual senior last year so the * or label super senior is in your head not these young men. They made the most of listen real closely haters, WHAT THEY WERE GIVEN.  That to me shows they understood and took the fullest advantage of this, a good indication of showing maturity.
You’re whining right now  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Waaahhhh. lol
(12-06-2021, 01:19 PM)Redneck Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 02:33 PM)Redneck Wrote: Oh you done did it now. I got ripped on the Pikeville/Russellville thread when I brought up Russellville’s 6-7 super seniors. I remember back when the KHSAA approved this rule and half this site lost their shit lol. They said there would be a team win a title because of it. All I did was revisit that and some people got big time butt hurt over it  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I don’t tell lies pal. I have been known to drink a few cold beers every now and then though haha.

You're a cool dude with a sense of humor. pass me a frosty one. lol
(12-06-2021, 11:43 AM)New2Town Wrote: ^^^ Exactly, its not like these young men broke a rule or was given something. I for one think that their is only about 2-10 high school boys who can go away at 17 and actually do what they are suppose to do.  if this was not implemented you would have had that said 17 yr old having to compete with a 25 YR OLD that took the extra covid year through out college.  Now if you think that is fair, then you are more of a hater and do not understand the consequences that these young men were spared.  Showing up and trying to compete, getting disheartened  and dropping out coming back home.  Hats off to all the parents and kids who took this year, I hope it worked out for you and for many it looks as if it did( 2a, 3a, and 4a.)  The kids that some have a issue with are all repeat winners so by some of the comments I have read this season, they did it as a actual senior last year so the * or label super senior is in your head not these young men. They made the most of listen real closely haters, WHAT THEY WERE GIVEN.  That to me shows they understood and took the fullest advantage of this, a good indication of showing maturity.

Usually agree with you but not this time. What the difference of giving it to them now, trying to improve the opportunities to play at the next level or letting little johnny hold back in the sixth grade to get with a stronger core of athletes? No difference, so is your opinion that no kid regardless should hold back?
(12-06-2021, 11:34 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:

Usually agree with you but not this time.  What the difference of giving it to them now, trying to improve the opportunities to play at the next level or letting little johnny hold back in the sixth grade to get with a stronger core of athletes? No difference, so is your opinion that no kid regardless should hold back?

I absolutely don't think kids should be held back to gain an advantage in high school athletics.  I guess you think ALL kids should be held back?
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Redneck
(12-06-2021, 11:44 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Usually agree with you but not this time.  What the difference of giving it to them now, trying to improve the opportunities to play at the next level or letting little johnny hold back in the sixth grade to get with a stronger core of athletes? No difference, so is your opinion that no kid regardless should hold back?

I absolutely don't think kids should be held back to gain an advantage in high school athletics.  I guess you think ALL kids should be held back?

Yes i do actually, I have only meet a few 17 year olds that was ready for college and being on there own the first time. Why do you think so many kids end back home working around small towns and at community colleges after the first year away. Maturity is a trait that most young men do not develop till 19-21. I was one of those, hell I am 41 now and still not as mature as I should probably be. Look back at yourself when you were 17, did you do stuff and not think about it, then at 25 actually think about the consequences of your actions? What it cost to attend college, you want the kids to understand what’s at stake.

^^^sports are just a bonus for allowing kids to mature.^^^^^
(12-06-2021, 11:57 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:

Yes i do actually, I have only meet a few 17 year olds that was ready for college and being on there own the first time.  Why do you think so many kids end back home working around small towns and at community colleges after the first year away.  Maturity is a trait that most young men do not develop till 19-21.  I was one of those, hell I am 41 now and still not as mature as I should probably be.  Look back at yourself when you were 17, did you do stuff and not think about it, then at 25 actually think about the consequences of your actions?  What it cost to attend college, you want the kids to understand what’s at stake.

Most kids lack maturity, especially males, but some shouldn't be held back  while their classmates move on just to gain an advantage in athletics. most 17 year old kids competing against 19 year olds is like boys playing against men. We all know kids are not held back a year so they can get better test scores.
Just to prove my point about maturity all my kids have made straight As all through school and have taken mostly college classes there junior and senior years. My daughter plays no sports and I even held her back in middle school, so its not sports always but it is always maturity and being prepared for life. To boot my kids were all better than I was at there age and more mature. I graduated at 17.
(12-06-2021, 11:57 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:

Yes i do actually, I have only meet a few 17 year olds that was ready for college and being on there own the first time.  Why do you think so many kids end back home working around small towns and at community colleges after the first year away.  Maturity is a trait that most young men do not develop till 19-21.  I was one of those, hell I am 41 now and still not as mature as I should probably be.  Look back at yourself when you were 17, did you do stuff and not think about it, then at 25 actually think about the consequences of your actions?  What it cost to attend college, you want the kids to understand what’s at stake.

^^^sports are just a bonus for allowing kids to mature.^^^^^

sports are just a bonus is BS and you know it. lol
It is still America, for now, at least. PARENTS should decide what is best for their children- not the government or a governing body of HS athletics. I have seen the benefits of holding boys back. Despite what the narrow minded might say or think; it IS about more than sports.
(12-07-2021, 07:49 AM)ROTC Wrote: It is still America, for now, at least.  PARENTS should decide what is best for their children- not the government or a governing body of HS athletics.  I have seen the benefits of holding boys back.  Despite what the narrow minded might say or think; it IS about more than sports.
No it isn't. if a kid wanted to hold back to be on an academic or chess team you'd think it's crazy. People are not narrow minded ,because they don't agree with everything you say.
(12-06-2021, 11:32 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 09:56 PM)pjdoug Wrote: narcissistic people twist everything and make it look as if they are the victim. You got "butt hurt" and whined like a little girl, because a school did the same thing that your school has been doing. No school should be able to hold kids back for  athletics. There should be no 19 year olds playing high school football.

It’s BYOB around here bub, you’re shit outta luck lol
(12-07-2021, 12:03 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: Just to prove my point about maturity all my kids have made straight As all through school and have taken mostly college classes there junior and senior years.  My daughter plays no sports and I even held her back in middle school, so its not sports always but it is always maturity and being prepared for life.  To boot my kids were all better than I was at there age and more mature. I graduated at 17.
I completely agree with you on maturity, and I graduated at 17. I took college prep classes and struggled, and was  nowhere near as mature as 19 year olds. We all know that most kids are not held back to mature and be on the chess team though. Most are held back to gain an unfair advantage against younger football players that didn't hold back. Maybe all kids shouldn't start school until they are 6 years old, but you shouldn't be allowed to hold back for athletics.
(12-07-2021, 08:25 PM)Redneck Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 01:15 AM)Redneck Wrote: I didn’t whine or get butt hurt about a damn thing lol. And I couldn’t name you one kid on Paintsville’s roster that has stayed back in any grade, and that’s the Gods honest truth. I couldn’t even tell you 75% of their names if they were standing in front of me lol. You, of all people, talking about someone whining and getting butt hurt over what another team is doing is absolutely comical.

I never was lucky. lol
(12-07-2021, 09:34 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 12:03 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Sober up and you might remember. You're either drunk or telling lies. lol

I never was lucky. lol
I got smart when I played ball at UPike. Everyone else drank Keystone, so they bummed beers from each other. Me and my teammate/brother from Leslie County started drinking g Busch Gold Tops, “The Diesel.” No one else liked it so they we didn’t have to worry bout people bumming beer from us. My mini fridge would hold 35 beers when stacked the correct way
(12-07-2021, 11:41 PM)Redneck Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 09:34 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 01:19 PM)Redneck Wrote: I don’t tell lies pal. I have been known to drink a few cold beers every now and then though haha.

I never was lucky. lol
I got smart when I played ball at UPike. Everyone else drank Keystone, so they bummed beers from each other. Me and my teammate/brother from Leslie County started drinking g Busch Gold Tops, “The Diesel.” No one else liked it so they we didn’t have to worry bout people bumming beer from us. My mini fridge would hold 35 beers when stacked the correct way

I used to like Busch, and 35 is about how many I would drink. Nowadays two would probably be too many. lol
It is very narrow minded to only see your own point of view and accept that people tell you they have done something for other reasons than what you choose to believe. Or I guess it could mean one is still in the concrete stage of operations or lack frontal lobe development.
Of the 3 super seniors who lead their team to state titles they each played at least 11 games last year. BW -12 Belfry -12 and Boyle - 11. Didn’t miss much in comparison to most.
(12-08-2021, 12:20 AM)ROTC Wrote: It is very narrow minded to only see your own point of view and accept that people tell you they have done something for other reasons than what you choose to believe.  Or I guess it could mean one is still in the concrete stage of operations or lack frontal lobe development.

Stop being narrow minded then.