Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Boyle Co 30 Johnson Central 13 (4A Championship Game)
(12-04-2021, 03:01 PM)Redneck Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 02:50 PM)Gold River Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 02:03 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 01:36 PM)Gold River Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 01:13 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Joe Chirico
No way….he would be on the list of the last people on earth JC would hire, he’s a great coach but not the man for this job. Front runners and more like than likely only people considered for the job Justin Arms, Jesse Peck, Blake gamble.
Hahahaha they would be head over hills for him.
Negative he’s a great coach but don’t bring to the table what JC needs, JC has what they need already. They have 3 previous head coaches on the staff that weren’t no slouches as coordinators and a slew of coaches who have learned from the best to ever do it. We’ll be just fine. I’m sure we still neeed a few games if the tigers wanna schedule us Smile
Besides Jesse Ray and Scotty, who else was a head coach before?
Steve Trimble And tony burchett so actually 4
(12-04-2021, 03:39 PM)wolfcat Wrote: Boyle's gotta be heavy favorite next year as well
Favorite? Maybe. Heavy favorite? Not IMO. Franklin County returns too much talent for any team to be considered a heavy favorite in pre-season. Boyle County, Franklin County, and Johnson Central should all return very good teams next season and I would not discount the possibility that Central, Lexington Catholic, or Corbin will be strong contenders either. One team may be a heavy favorite before playoffs begin a year from now, but it is way too soon to predict whether that will be the case now.
(12-04-2021, 04:14 PM)Gold River Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 02:03 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 01:36 PM)Gold River Wrote: No way….he would be on the list of the last people on earth JC would hire, he’s a great coach but not the man for this job. Front runners and more like than likely only people considered for the job Justin Arms, Jesse Peck, Blake gamble.
Hahahaha they would be head over hills for him.
Negative he’s a great coach but don’t bring to the table what JC needs, JC has what they need already. They have 3 previous head coaches on the staff that weren’t no slouches as coordinators and a slew of coaches who have learned from the best to ever do it. We’ll be just fine. I’m sure we still neeed a few games if the tigers wanna schedule us Smile
Completely forgot about Steve Trimble being a former JC head coach. Now that I think about it, wasn’t he the head coach before Bull Musick, or was there one between them?

And I had no idea that Tony Burchett was back, helping at JC.
(12-04-2021, 04:25 PM)Redneck Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 02:03 PM)2000PHS Wrote: Hahahaha they would be head over hills for him.
Completely forgot about Steve Trimble being a former JC head coach. Now that I think about it, wasn’t he the head coach before Bull Musick, or was there one between them?

Yeah Trimble wasn’t the most successful back in the day but he made up for it this past 18 years that’s for sure. Burchett is the best O-line coach in the state, that’s hard statement to argue against.
(12-04-2021, 04:37 PM)Gold River Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 04:25 PM)Redneck Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 02:50 PM)Gold River Wrote: Negative he’s a great coach but don’t bring to the table what JC needs, JC has what they need already. They have 3 previous head coaches on the staff that weren’t no slouches as coordinators and a slew of coaches who have learned from the best to ever do it. We’ll be just fine. I’m sure we still neeed a few games if the tigers wanna schedule us Smile

Yeah Trimble wasn’t the most successful back in the day but he made up for it this past 18 years that’s for sure. Burchett is the best O-line coach in the state, that’s hard statement to argue against.
Always been a big fan of Burchett.
Congrats to Boyle Co on the Championship.   JC had a good year and nothing to be down about.    Good luck to both next season
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vols0528's post:
  • BEChargers
Proud of the Eagles, all the coaches and players to fight through all the adversity this year . Boyle performance was just perfection especially the defensive side aggressive gang tackles and total team work
[-] The following 1 user Likes maximus73's post:
  • BEChargers
Boyle County was better..... no other way to say it. They won fair & square.

As for my JC Golden Eagles..... We expected to be in the state title game before the season started. Although our path to this game was insane and one nobody could have ever imagined, we made it to the big dance.

What will the future hold for JC football? We will have a new head coach next season.... in a few years, we will have a new high school building & a new football stadium. But what's not gonna change is the culture of winning and the expectations of winning state titles. 2016 & 2019 proved we can do it at JC..... the best part is, we know how we got there & we know how to stay there as well. We had seventeen years' worth of a winning blueprint under Coach Matney. The 2022 season started today.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
[-] The following 3 users Like Pulp Fiction's post:
  • BigLew75, Jack Lambert, Rebel55
Id like to see Boyle and South Warren matchup after watching that game. I think Boyle would handle them.
So call it the champions classic?
(12-04-2021, 08:38 PM)HOFER Wrote: Id like to see Boyle and South Warren matchup after watching that game. I think Boyle would handle them.
Ahh boyles defense didn’t allow FD to score like SW did. I’d take Boyle by 3+ TDs. 6a would be a better matchup Boyle vs Male. Male wouldn’t allow much scoring and I’m not sure Boyle would either.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gold River's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(12-04-2021, 01:31 AM)Jack Lambert Wrote: First of all Congrats to Johnson Central on a great season!!!

Congrats to my Rebels for winning #10!!!

Steelerspeak: One for the 2nd thumb in '21.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nemo's post:
  • Jack Lambert
Don't know what they did since that LCA game, but I'd like the instructions. I thought they were dead in the water after that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Diogenes's post:
  • BEChargers
Although we will never know the answer, if I had to bet everything I own, Id bet it all that Coach Matney is as proud of this team as he's ever been of any group of young men he's led onto the field or the mat!! You didn't get the ring but the kids of the Johnson Central Football team DID SOMETHING VERY SPECIAL THIS SEASON!! NEVER LET ANYONE TELL YOU ANYTHING DIFFERENT!! This really seems to be a awesome group of young men!! I feel very confident in saying that Coach is beyond proud of you guys!!
[-] The following 4 users Like Boomer_Sooner's post:
  • BEChargers, Diogenes, Hatz, Rebel55
(12-05-2021, 02:31 AM)Boomer_Sooner Wrote: Although we will never know the answer, if I had to bet everything I own, Id bet it all that Coach Matney is as proud of this team as he's ever been of any group of young men he's led onto the field or the mat!! You didn't get the ring but the kids of the Johnson Central Football team DID SOMETHING VERY SPECIAL THIS SEASON!! NEVER LET ANYONE TELL YOU ANYTHING DIFFERENT!! This really seems to be a awesome group of young men!! I feel very confident in saying that Coach is beyond proud of you guys!!

I agree with you! Good post!
(12-05-2021, 01:40 AM)Diogenes Wrote: Don't know what they did since that LCA game, but I'd like the instructions. I thought they were dead in the water after that.
IMO Boyle doesn't win this past weekend had it not been for the LCA game.  LCA showed Boyle a weekness and they had plenty of time to fix it.  Changes where made as Simms was inserted into the defense and a few other adjustments.  Had they not been made aware of JC would had exposed them.
[-] The following 3 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • BEChargers, Diogenes, Jack Lambert
They obviously learned something vital. I can't say enough how proud I am of Central's coaches for putting and holding it together. It would have been real, real easy with Coach in the hospital still and after losing to Rock Creek to just fold the tents and call it a season. I wouldn't have blamed anyone if we did. We didn't. We suited up and showed up and did as much as anyone could have hoped this year under the circumstances. Thank you to Coach Trimble for putting himself out there and giving all he could when he certainly didn't have to, and to all the other coaches too. It was a special season for all the wrong, and all the right, reasons.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Diogenes's post:
  • BEChargers
(12-04-2021, 11:40 AM)LCfootball Wrote: Does anyone know who the frontrunner(s) are for the JC job? They certainly aren't going to replace Matney but, they'll need to make a great hire, if they want to keep the train rollin'.
JC should be calling Corbin’s OC, in my opinion he’s a great fit for that program.
(12-05-2021, 01:09 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 11:40 AM)LCfootball Wrote: Does anyone know who the frontrunner(s) are for the JC job? They certainly aren't going to replace Matney but, they'll need to make a great hire, if they want to keep the train rollin'.
JC should be calling Corbin’s OC, in my opinion he’s a great fit for that program.

Big Grin
(12-04-2021, 12:40 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 02:47 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 02:37 AM)Gold River Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 02:34 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 12:10 AM)Corbin Wrote: Congrats to Coach Haddix and the Rebels. A big part of Redhound Nation were pulling hard for you guys. I'm not entirely sure what the future has in store for the Rebels as I don't know much about the roster but I can guarantee you that Justin Haddix will have you in contention for the foreseeable future..

Also, hats off to Johnson Central on facing tons of adversity and tragedy and turning it into a very respectable state runner up finish. I know you guys wish you got to hoist the trophy but I can guarantee you that Coach Matney is smiling down proud as can be of his kids. Take all of his teachings, remember his words and use them in life. I guarantee you that he would want every young man to be better in life than on the football field. For those returning, remember his coaching, accept the new coaching and carry on his legacy with you every time you put those pads on.
From the visitor side it looked like all Corbin and Boyle fans sitting on Home Side. Maybe Corbin is missing Haddix. He sure had a lot of Corbin people there supporting him. Half of Corbin can’t be wrong? Congrats Boyle County on a great Win. Two in a row and Corbin hasn’t sniffed one since 1982. Someone at the game was quoted saying Boyle County is trying to play football while Corbin is playing games. Pretty good quote and very fitting..
A horde of Redhounds set on the visitors side close to me as well. I don’t know if  they where cheering for JC I think they just came in the gate on our side.
The people working the gate that my wife and I came in at told us that there was more Corbin fans in attendance than Boyle County. That speaks volumes about Coach Haddix unless of course people were there just taking notes. Either way great turnout by the Redhounds.

Unfortunately, Corbin fans have now come to realize that this is as close as they will get to experiencing a state championship game. So why not vicariously experience a state title win through your former coach.  Justin was very popular with Corbin players,  families, and community.  But it was some of the Corbin "boosters" who apparently wanted him out and home boy Tommy Greer in. You've seen the result of letting boosters run and ruin your program.  Bodie Cox's brother should resign as Super and his replacement(hopefully someone that didn't grow up a couple hundred yards from the old high school) should clean house and dare a booster to come near the high school or Denes Stadium.
YES, YES and YES. I think most people in the community would be completely satisfied if Greer would just replace the OC and DC. But prolly not gonna happen since Superintendent will support Greer to keep them as long as he’s Head Coach. Just my opinion.
I think Boyle would beat 4 of the 5 other champions.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesclay's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(12-05-2021, 03:21 PM)jamesclay Wrote: I think Boyle would beat 4 of the 5 other champions.

I will have to agree with you there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • jamesclay
I just can't root against my team no matter the situation. I will be honest though, I told several people that if we had to lose I would not have been upset to lose to JC. I was born to great parents and had tons of support from many people. But I've seen many players through the years that had almost nobody. For 6 or 7 months a year some of these kids are around their coaches more than their parents. You had better hope those coaches are good people. I've seen many kids who had almost no male leadership examples in their lives who had coaches that were almost more of a father to them than a coach. I'm not saying Johnson County is nothing but poor people with broken families. I'm talking about Boyle county kids. I'm talking about Danville/Boyle County areas and surrounding county kids. There was a season when my son was playing at Boyle that over 50 of the 85 or so players were on free or reduced lunch. Sometimes it's not that high but sometimes it is. I can't tell you how many times the BCQB club has purchased cleats for players.

I say all of that to say this. Coaches today are so much more than the guys who are deciding who starts and what position they play and whether to run or pass the next play. I've seen the impact they have on players lives. I'm still upset about the Boyle loss two years ago but Coach Matney passing away this year really shook me up. I know what he meant to so many. Coach Scroggins in Louisville touched so many lives. Given the circumstances I think the Eagles made their coach unbelievably proud. I have faith that the powers at JC will put the right man in place to carry on what Coach Matney built. I will probably be a low key JC fan from now on. I hope JC makes a run several times the next few years. Your coach is proud, I guarantee it.
[-] The following 14 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • 64SUR, Bossdaddy 4115, Bull got out!, Diogenes, German Eye, Gold River, HighViz, Jack Lambert, nemo, Old guy, Rebel55, SlantZ, Spud6, toolaidback
(12-05-2021, 03:38 PM)BEChargers Wrote: I just can't root against my team no matter the situation.  I will be honest though, I told several people that if we had to lose I would not have been upset to lose to JC.  I was born to great parents and had tons of support from many people.  But I've seen many players through the years that had almost nobody.  For 6 or 7 months a year some of these kids are around their coaches more than their parents.  You had better hope those coaches are good people.  I've seen many kids who had almost no male leadership examples in their lives who had coaches that were almost more of a father to them than a coach.  I'm not saying Johnson County is nothing but poor people with broken families.  I'm talking about Boyle county kids.  I'm talking about Danville/Boyle County areas and surrounding county kids.  There was a season when my son was playing at Boyle that over 50 of the 85 or so players were on free or reduced lunch.  Sometimes it's not that high but sometimes it is.  I can't tell you how many times the BCQB club has purchased cleats for players. 

I say all of that to say this.  Coaches today are so much more than the guys who are deciding who starts and what position they play and whether to run or pass the next play.  I've seen the impact they have on players lives.  I'm still upset about the Boyle loss two years ago but Coach Matney passing away this year really shook me up.  I know what he meant to so many.  Coach Scroggins in Louisville touched so many lives.  Given the circumstances I think the Eagles made their coach unbelievably proud.  I have faith that the powers at JC will put the right man in place to carry on what Coach Matney built.  I will probably be a low key JC fan from now on.  I hope JC makes a run several times the next few years.  Your coach is proud, I guarantee it.
Man that’s good stuff right there, really appreciate this post
Look for Boyle to be back in the championship game next year. That group is still as hungry as ever it seems.
(12-16-2021, 02:35 PM)HurryUp1001 Wrote: Look for Boyle to be back in the championship game next year. That group is still as hungry as ever it seems.

I definately wouldn't bet against them!
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR, Jack Lambert