Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Boyle Co 30 Johnson Central 13 (4A Championship Game)
Final.
Way to go Rebels!
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Hatz
Congrats to Boyle County. Great season for Johnson Central as well.
Wonder if the Corbin "boosters" regret running off the best football coach in the state? I doubt it. Dumb@***s !!!
[-] The following 3 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • foozeball80, Grumpy57, wolfcat
Congrats to Coach Haddix and the Rebels. A big part of Redhound Nation were pulling hard for you guys. I'm not entirely sure what the future has in store for the Rebels as I don't know much about the roster but I can guarantee you that Justin Haddix will have you in contention for the foreseeable future..

Also, hats off to Johnson Central on facing tons of adversity and tragedy and turning it into a very respectable state runner up finish. I know you guys wish you got to hoist the trophy but I can guarantee you that Coach Matney is smiling down proud as can be of his kids. Take all of his teachings, remember his words and use them in life. I guarantee you that he would want every young man to be better in life than on the football field. For those returning, remember his coaching, accept the new coaching and carry on his legacy with you every time you put those pads on.
[-] The following 7 users Like Corbin's post:
  • 64SUR, BEChargers, eagle8966, Granny Bear, Hatz, HighViz, Patriot1
Congrats Rebels!!! Who Ya With! Left no doubt.

JCentral is a great team who did their Coach and Community Proud!
Boyle county has several great athletes! I was very impressed with their play. Johnson central has no reason to hang their heads low, It’s a big accomplishment just stepping out on Kroger Field. Johnson county very proud of their Eagles!
Congratulations Boyle County!!! I knew last Friday I saw a team playing with some high quality H20 lol! Mama says!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • BEChargers
Congrats to Boyle, they're on another level. Just imagine what it feels like to be part of the group that ran Justin Haddix off for Tommy Greer. Genius level IQ.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HOFER's post:
  • HighViz
Congratulations Rebel Nation!

Game MVP Jagger Gillis -
Rushing: 23 att/131 net yds (5.6ypc)/2 TD
Passing: 6 cmp/9att/0 int/131 yds/2 TD

Well done young man!

Due respect to Birchfield and Hergott, I think Gillis was today's top player.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nemo's post:
  • BEChargers
(12-04-2021, 12:50 AM)HOFER Wrote: Congrats to Boyle, they're on another level. Just imagine what it feels like to be part of the group that ran Justin Haddix off for Tommy Greer. Genius level IQ.

They would still do the same thing if they had it to do all over again. It's the Corbin way.
I'm surprised Gillis only threw it 9 times but if running the ball is what's working, stick to it. Good game plan!
First of all Congrats to Johnson Central on a great season!!!

Congrats to my Rebels for winning #10!!!
[-] The following 5 users Like Jack Lambert's post:
  • BEChargers, eagle8966, Gold River, Hatz, nemo
Congrats Rebels!
What a game and executed to a T.
(12-04-2021, 12:05 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Wonder if the Corbin "boosters"  regret running off the best football coach in the state? I doubt it.  Dumb@***s !!!
Congratulations to Justin Haddix and the Boyle County Rebels on two consecutive State Titles. If anyone in Corbin was in doubt about what a real coach looks like then you seen one tonight at Kroger Field. No comparison on offense as Haddix is best in business. Congratulations to JC on a great year. The best team in 4A past two seasons is Boyle County.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Playcaller66's post:
  • Jack Lambert
Congrats to JC on an outstanding season. I cannot imagine losing my HC and having to continue the season. I know they wanted to play the season out for him and I think they did so in tremendous fashion. Prayers to their players, coaches family and the community as they move forward. Jim Matney was a heck of a coach and meant the world to his team, school and community.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • eagle8966
(12-04-2021, 12:10 AM)Corbin Wrote: Congrats to Coach Haddix and the Rebels. A big part of Redhound Nation were pulling hard for you guys. I'm not entirely sure what the future has in store for the Rebels as I don't know much about the roster but I can guarantee you that Justin Haddix will have you in contention for the foreseeable future..

Also, hats off to Johnson Central on facing tons of adversity and tragedy and turning it into a very respectable state runner up finish. I know you guys wish you got to hoist the trophy but I can guarantee you that Coach Matney is smiling down proud as can be of his kids. Take all of his teachings, remember his words and use them in life. I guarantee you that he would want every young man to be better in life than on the football field. For those returning, remember his coaching, accept the new coaching and carry on his legacy with you every time you put those pads on.
From the visitor side it looked like all Corbin and Boyle fans sitting on Home Side. Maybe Corbin is missing Haddix. He sure had a lot of Corbin people there supporting him. Half of Corbin can’t be wrong? Congrats Boyle County on a great Win. Two in a row and Corbin hasn’t sniffed one since 1982. Someone at the game was quoted saying Boyle County is trying to play football while Corbin is playing games. Pretty good quote and very fitting..
(12-04-2021, 02:34 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 12:10 AM)Corbin Wrote: Congrats to Coach Haddix and the Rebels. A big part of Redhound Nation were pulling hard for you guys. I'm not entirely sure what the future has in store for the Rebels as I don't know much about the roster but I can guarantee you that Justin Haddix will have you in contention for the foreseeable future..

From the visitor side it looked like all Corbin and Boyle fans sitting on Home Side. Maybe Corbin is missing Haddix. He sure had a lot of Corbin people there supporting him. Half of Corbin can’t be wrong? Congrats Boyle County on a great Win. Two in a row and Corbin hasn’t sniffed one since 1982. Someone at the game was quoted saying Boyle County is trying to play football while Corbin is playing games. Pretty good quote and very fitting..
A horde of Redhounds set on the visitors side close to me as well. I don’t know if  they where cheering for JC I think they just came in the gate on our side.
This game really wasn't as close as the score. The officials did their best to make sure it didn't get out of hand. I think there were 8 or more holding penalties that really limited Boyle's offense. Congrats to Johnson Central on a great season. State runner up is nothing to be ashamed of, especially considering the adversity they went through.
(12-04-2021, 02:37 AM)Gold River Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 02:34 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote:

A horde of Redhounds set on the visitors side close to me as well. I don’t know if  they where cheering for JC I think they just came in the gate on our side.
The people working the gate that my wife and I came in at told us that there was more Corbin fans in attendance than Boyle County. That speaks volumes about Coach Haddix unless of course people were there just taking notes. Either way great turnout by the Redhounds.
Congratulations Boyle County Rebel and Coach Haddix
[-] The following 2 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115, jamesclay
If you told me Boyle was 6 for 9 passing, I'd say we would be in trouble. Boyle came out and ran, ran, and ran some more the second half. Gillis and Bodner was just not to be denied when running the ball.

Congratulations to Johnson Central on a good season. I can't imagine what those players have gone through this year and to make it to the State Title game was a great accomplishment.
[-] The following 3 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • Granny Bear, Hatz, smoke1015
(12-04-2021, 03:35 AM)Rebel55 Wrote: If you told me Boyle was 6 for 9 passing, I'd say we would be in trouble. Boyle came out and ran, ran, and ran some more the second half. Gillis and Bodner was just not to be denied when running the ball.

Congratulations to Johnson Central on a good season. I can't imagine what those players have gone through this year and to make it to the State Title game was a great accomplishment.

Brother, Boyle wasn’t going to be denied. Last week, I seen a fire and swagger out of Haddix, it carried over to all coaches, carried over to the players. They were loose and having fun, I said last friday I was already engraving the trophy, and ordering him a wooden hand because he doesn’t have enough fingers for all the rings he is going to win.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • BEChargers, Bull got out!, Jack Lambert
I never thought Boyle County would run it down Johnson Central's throat like they did. Boyle controlled the O Line tonight. Congrats to Boyle County and Johnson Central on a great season. Maybe we will see a rematch next year, but Franklin County returns just about everybody. RPI will be huge again next year getting that #1 spot.
(12-04-2021, 12:05 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Wonder if the Corbin "boosters"  regret running off the best football coach in the state? I doubt it.  Dumb@***s !!!

You guys never had Haywood

(12-04-2021, 04:20 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: I never thought Boyle County would run it down Johnson Central's throat like they did. Boyle controlled the O Line tonight. Congrats to Boyle County and Johnson Central on a great season. Maybe we will see a rematch next year, but Franklin County returns just about everybody. RPI will be huge again next year getting that #1 spot.
Easier than I would have thought, but easy to explain after seeing it. Boyle can spread Johnson out, and actually could have called a more dynamic game as #6 could basically get open any time he wanted. BUT, that threat alone, along with other Boyle kept JC from crowding the box and gave them nice run lanes. #10 for Boyle is a much better back than maybe I thought at least, and the QB with that 5th year was big and strong as well. JC, I still say, and obviously, missed coach Matney tonight. I don't know if coach could make up 17 points, but I do think he'd have had an affect on this game. As is, Boyle and Beechwood (along with Lex Christian), may be the 3 best teams that aren't 6A.

(12-04-2021, 03:35 AM)Rebel55 Wrote: If you told me Boyle was 6 for 9 passing, I'd say we would be in trouble.  Boyle came out and ran, ran, and ran some more the second half.  Gillis and Bodner was just not to be denied when running the ball. 

Congratulations to Johnson Central on a good season.  I can't imagine what those players have gone through this year and to make it to the State Title game was a great accomplishment.
#10 for Boyle is a much better player than I was lead to believe. He looks smallish, but he has power and "want to". He was impressive, IMO.
And #10 for Boyle County is only a Sophomore.
Congrats to the Rebels
Congratulations to the Rebels on a great game played
[-] The following 1 user Likes maximus73's post:
  • Hatz
Congratulations to Boyle County on a great game
Congrats to the Rebels and Coach Haddix, very surprised by the score. Again extended prayers to the JC program and community, they never gave up…
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • BEChargers, Granny Bear