Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garrard County Job
(12-15-2021, 10:13 AM)ironfist13 Wrote: With all due respect BigBell…. A lot of what you have heard is wrong. Alot of wrong information about Perry out there…. He’s lack of wanting to change got him fired. The players didn’t want to play for him, coaches didn’t want to coach with him. The discipline of the players was awful… etc! I have 2 very good friends who teach at GCHS, I’ve heard a lot.

As for Spencer Crutchfield, it was widely known he said No the first time, and wasn’t interested at all. GC admin came calling again with a different set of wishes/ perks. Hester is a good get but so is Crutchfield. The kid can coach and if Lincoln really cared about Fball (as much as they do Bball) they would of done what they could to keep him. That’s my 2 cents.
I hope all that Perry stuff was just talk. Too far from me to know anything at all about it. What I do know is Lincoln County ain't Garrard County. Folks I talked to today said wasnt no hard feelings about him going home to coach. Said he never told them what he was offered or give them a chance to match it. Buddy said he they had their banquet Sunday and nobody had any idea he was leaving and he didn't let on like he was. Lot of talk about facility stuff going on but I cant imagine Garrard got much better. Maybe they gonna let him be AD too or something. The boy just wanted to go home far as I can figure and ain't nothing can compete with that. I dont think based on that you can say Lincoln dont care about football or didnt want to keep him. My buddy said tve boys and fans loves him. Why they brought about as many fans down here as we had and filled their side up at Corbin. Me and my buddies sat over there with them at Corbin and let me tell you they love their football. I dont like basketball so I dont know nothing about what they got going on up there with that.
It was a sad situation. They did Coach Perry very dirty. If I were a betting person, I would say they already had a deal worked out and kicked their best coach to the curb like a sack of garbage.
(12-16-2021, 12:29 PM)jamesclay Wrote: It was a sad situation. They did Coach Perry very dirty. If I were a betting person, I would say they already had a deal worked out and kicked their best coach to the curb like a sack of garbage.
Perry was a great football coach but from what I have heard had lost the discipline in the locker room and hadn't had a winning season in 6 years. It was time to make a change. Every one has their time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HurryUp1001's post:
  • ironfist13
(12-16-2021, 12:29 PM)jamesclay Wrote: It was a sad situation. They did Coach Perry very dirty. If I were a betting person, I would say they already had a deal worked out and kicked their best coach to the curb like a sack of garbage.

Nobody was approached until after Coach Perry was let go. I know that.
(12-16-2021, 06:34 PM)BEChargers Wrote:

Nobody was approached until after Coach Perry was let go.  I know that.

Yeah, thats what I was told too. I think they will be more than happy with the guys coming in, I know I would, I know they watch film Big Grin  .  Got some hardware to back it up too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • BEChargers