Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Garrard County Job
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The job should be posted in the next couple of days.  Might be getting exciting in Lancaster in the next few months.
I'm sure they will find a way to blow it.
Word is Tyler Ray from Boyle Co will be meeting at Bradfords BBQ today at 3PM to discuss possible head coaching job opportunity. Stay tuned.
Sounds like a winning combination.
Didn't the coach at Lincoln (Crutchfield) play for Garrard? If so, he's been pretty good at LC so one would imagine Garrard may want him.
Crutchfield and Hester would turn this program around.
IMO, Crutchfield is one of the best youngish head coaches in the state. I don't know what the pressure would be like coaching for your hometown that you'd put on yourself. I do think he and his brother could handle it though, and would do anything it takes to work and improve Garrard. They definitely would have a dynamic QB to work with the next 3 years. I just don't see them leaving Lincoln just yet.
They are going to screw this up.
(12-05-2021, 03:28 PM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]They are going to screw this up.

Big Grin So many programs really do.
(12-04-2021, 04:50 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: [ -> ]Word is Tyler Ray from Boyle Co will be meeting at Bradfords BBQ today at 3PM to discuss possible head coaching job opportunity. Stay tuned.

I could meet them there if the barbecue is good.
What about Parkey from Rockcastle?
(12-09-2021, 05:46 PM)BUFFALO Wrote: [ -> ]What about Parkey from Rockcastle?

Well nothing personal, but if he couldn't get past the second round at Rockcastle why would Garrard go that direction?
Talks with Tyler Ray have heated up. Supposedly meeting this weekend at Los Agaves Grill to discuss more about the direction of the program.
(12-09-2021, 06:10 PM)BEChargers Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-09-2021, 05:46 PM)BUFFALO Wrote: [ -> ]What about Parkey from Rockcastle?

Well nothing personal, but if he couldn't get past the second round at Rockcastle why would Garrard go that direction?

good question.
(12-09-2021, 07:42 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: [ -> ]Talks with Tyler Ray have heated up. Supposedly meeting this weekend at Los Agaves Grill to discuss more about the direction of the program.

Meh. Let me know when they meet at Burger House.
WHy isn't folks in the area going after Danville's last coach? He makes anyone better, IMO.
I think Clevenger hopes to be back at Danville in the next couple of years.

BTW, I think Garrard announces their new coach on Wednesday !!
Anyone know who it is?
Be announced tomorrow Crutchfield the new head coach and Jeff Hester running the defense.
Look for Boone Goldsmith to make a push to return to Lincoln as the head coach if Crutchfield leaves.
I personally think Levi Roger's will final get his chance.
(12-14-2021, 05:37 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: [ -> ]Look for Boone Goldsmith to make a push to return to Lincoln as the head coach if Crutchfield leaves.

You think?
I heard Coach Ray turned down a $2.1 million contract.
It ain't a secret Crutchfield gone to Garrard. My buddy's grandson plays over there and will be a senior next year. My buddy said he told the boys he was gone. He will be a good coach but got a lot to learn and I think cause of that if the Hester feller leave the college over there and goes with him that is the bigger get. I don't like how that job come about at Garrard if they done that Perry feller the way I heard. If that is true then it aint never good walking into something like that. Makes you wonder how long Crutchfield knew he had the job. Garrard got that QB but i'll just say they aint got a lot else that I saw when we played them. Lincoln had all kinds of talent and Crutchfield just barely got them even on the season. I know for a fact that Davis boy saved his bacon and made him look maybe a little better of a coach than his play calling would let on. I watched them down here and then went up and watched them at Corbin and a lot of what I saw was the Davis boy just making unbelievable plays that was way more talent than coaching. Lincoln hung right with them Redhounds in both games but where I look to see if a coach is worth his salt is how you respond in the 2nd half and both of those games Lincoln didn't adjust at all and I don't know if Lincoln scored in the 2nd half of either game. Im pretty sure East Jessamine's only win was against him this year and good coaches just don't lose games like that with the talent he had. Old Dudley and the boys just flat out foxed him on log mountain. Lincoln was one of the most physical lines we faced and was able to drive the ball but got down to around the goal line and then went away from the run and got picked off which to me was the end of the game for them boys. Their special team calls were not very smart and I don't know why he come out in a double wing and let us stack the box but I'm glad he did. Them Lincoln fellers better get it right or they will set themselves back a long ways. People was talking about them Patriots again and the administration and the people in the community better get serious about getting them a winner in there. Aint no secret you want a winner you got to open up the pocketbook. Lincoln done lost 17 or 18 seniors. Should have some of them big boys back on the line next year but they done lost 95% of their offense with that Davis and Amen kid and that 21 kid who played good down here all gone. Buddy said almost whole defense graduated and half the OLine. If Lincoln don't want to lose what they got going up there then they better look to make a big hire that raises eyebrows. Aint but one Dudley but they better be looking for that guy. I'll say this about getting that right guy you are making an investment in your boys and their future. They is a reason them college coaches come down to Log Mountain and Corbin and Belfry and places like that. They got them boys who know how to play ball because they got the right coach coaching them and the community is behind them. I hope old Crutchfield has success and brings Garrard back. I'll say this though they ain't no pressure like coaching at your hometown school. No better feeling than winning for your hometown but if you don't get it done that hits home in a big way and you can't get away from all the talk.
With all due respect BigBell…. A lot of what you have heard is wrong. Alot of wrong information about Perry out there…. He’s lack of wanting to change got him fired. The players didn’t want to play for him, coaches didn’t want to coach with him. The discipline of the players was awful… etc! I have 2 very good friends who teach at GCHS, I’ve heard a lot.

As for Spencer Crutchfield, it was widely known he said No the first time, and wasn’t interested at all. GC admin came calling again with a different set of wishes/ perks. Hester is a good get but so is Crutchfield. The kid can coach and if Lincoln really cared about Fball (as much as they do Bball) they would of done what they could to keep him. That’s my 2 cents.
This is definitely a feel good hire. I remember plenty of people predicting that one of the dads would be the next coach. I guess that didn't quite pan out.
So where does Lincoln turn now? I know they have 2 assistants interested for sure, but they still may not apply.
(12-15-2021, 01:35 PM)OldBallCoach1 Wrote: [ -> ]So where does Lincoln turn now? I know they have 2 assistants interested for sure, but they still may not apply.
Need to ask Goldsmith. The kids love him. He’s got experience and was an excellent player himself, winning a state title in 09.
Funny thing was, I talked to some Garrard County folks and they said it was a sad situation about how this process was handled before the coaching search. I’ll leave it at that. Sounds like something made a lot of people uneasy. Good luck to the new staff.
Pages: 1 2