Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russellville
20.51%
Pikeville
79.49%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Russellville vs Pikeville 1A State Championship 12/3 12:00
I still think Pikeville wins by 3 TDs
End of first quarter.

Pikeville up 20-13.
I'm pretty disappointed in the resolution of the live stream that I paid for. Most of the ones I watched for free all year were much clearer than this.
[-] The following 1 user Likes know1's post:
  • Orange Blaze
Anthony picks up 1st down. 1st and goal Pikeville.

TO - Pikeville.

McNamee TD run from the 4.

Pikeville 27
Russellville 13

Panthers block R'ville punt.

Pikeville starts at 34 yd line.
The punting woes continue to plague Russellville. Smart of Pikeville coaches to put on pressure after last punt snap / hold was bobbled.
Touchback on Pikeville punt.

Russellville starting at the 20.

LIVE STATS LINK >

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/mobile/?id=367097
Pikeville gets a score here, rather it be a TD or a FG. Its all but over.
Bad snap punt sack, block punt, 11 yard punt.... I'd be calling all offensive plays for 4 downs at this point if I'm Russellville.
Pikeville - Aaron Chang, 23 yd FG.

Pikeville 30
Russellville 13

Chevis Elliott 72 yd kickoff return for R'ville.
Considering the time remaining, the onside kick was probably safer for Pikeville
Russellville - Gamble to Woodard 4 yd TD pass. PAT by Brown.

Halftime

Pikeville 30
Russellville 20
Give Russellville credit for not rolling over, but Pikeville botched the end of the half.
Entertaining game. Russellville belongs here so I’ll accept that as a fact.

Both teams receive an “F” for special teams.
Russellville giving it all they got! I look for pikeville to come out 2nd half full force
[-] The following 1 user Likes SlantZ's post:
  • Redneck
Russellville deserves to be playing in this game. Definitely a lot better than KCD last year. People hate on the RPI but one thing it almost always does is makes sure the best 2 teams don't play until the finals.
Very uncharacteristic for Pikeville with all of the missed tackles. Two of the Russellville TD’s were because of easy, missed tackles. I bet Sullivan takes care of that at Halftime.
Hopefully Pikeville comes with the mistakes cleaned up because Russellville is a 2nd half team.
30-27
Russellville - TD run Jaquis Todd.

Pikeville 30
Russellville 27

Under 9:00 3Q
Russellville needs to just run jet sweep and hand sweep until it’s time to get on the bus.
Pikeville has let the underdog hang around, then back in it at the end of the first half. This is how upsets happen and you can guarentee Russellville believes they can win.
This game may still turn into a 3 score win for Pikeville, but I said it early on in this thread, Russellville is a team with a lot of pride and always goes into the game, no matter the opponent, expecting to win.
Coach Benton made a great adjustment early on, normally Gamble is heavily worked but he has gone to Todd in the running game.
Sounds like Pikeville may have thought they Won it all last week against Raceland.
(12-03-2021, 03:57 PM)T-CATS Wrote: Sounds like Pikeville may have thought they Won it all last week against Raceland.
That’s what everyone told them. But Russellville is way better then Raceland
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • T-CATS
Russellville 12-1 #1 rpi, Pikeville 13-2 rpi #2. I know us mountain fans believe that our teams are always the best, but other then some in Eastern ky the rest of the state wouldn't consider it a upset if Russellville wins.
[-] The following 1 user Likes foozeball80's post:
  • RoShamBo
End of 3Q

Pikeville 30
Russellville 27

Interesting to go back and read through the game predictions.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nemo's post:
  • Westside
Russellville may, or may not win, but has sure proved they're legit, and over looked. Much respect earned today.
Russellville's speed is deadly....watched it first hand when we played them.
2019 everyone doubted Somersets rpi, and it was all about Mayfield. Somerset won a thriller, and probably the best comeback in state championship history. This game has that feel it did in that one in 2019.
[-] The following 1 user Likes foozeball80's post:
  • T-CATS