Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russellville
20.51%
Pikeville
79.49%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Russellville vs Pikeville 1A State Championship 12/3 12:00
(11-29-2021, 09:07 AM)2000PHS Wrote: Someone explain why the NCC game was 0-0 midway through the 4th quarter and it took an interception deep in NCC  territory to break the ice?

No contest.

This is what I have been trying to say. I was at this game I’m an NCC football dad. Our defense shut this team down and we are an extremely young team. If Pikeville is the team everyone says they are then this will be no issue for them. Now make some mistakes and Russellville can capitalize on them and could very easily swing the other way. Russellville can make silly mistakes and tends to get stupid penalties. If Pikeville is disciplined and plays hard don’t see this an issue. I think once they scored on NCC the boys got down and rattled and the wheels fell off at end of the game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sportsdadof2's post:
  • Big Five-0-
I have a question that I would like some of your opinions on.  When looking at Pikeville's schedule where would you rank Russellville as far as the strength of teams that Pikeville has faced this season?  Myself, I see them as the 5-6th best team Pikeville has faced.
I have always believed that playing high quality opponents is the best way to improve yourself and Pikeville has typically been pretty good at that.
The State Championship, or any playoff game for that matter, should never been your toughest game of the year. I firmly believe that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Panther Thunder's post:
  • jetpilot
I asked myself the same exact question, and expanded to think where would Pikeville rank on Russellville’s schedule? I’m still not sure what to think of Russellville, but I’m sure they’re not better than the 2 teams that beat Pikeville ( LCA and Mad Central). Nor do I think they’re more physical than Belfry. Nor do I think that their staff knows how to match up and play us the way Hazard does. Now do I think it’s possible that their athleticism matches Mad Central, I do. Maybe not the overall team speed as LCA tho. For some reason they remind me somewhat of that 2019 Bardstown team that Pikeville played. Do I think Russellville could beat Pikeville? Absolutely. They seem hungry. I think you’re gonna get a lot of haymakers offensively from them if Pikeville can shut their run game down early. Lots of reverses, reverse passes, half back passes, wildcat, wildcat passes, who the heck knows what else. I also have an X factor on the offensive side of the ball who I think could be primed for a huge game, but I’ll keep that one to myself. Last practice at Hambley today for the seniors. This group will have appeared in 3 state championship games. Pretty dang good. Congrats boys.
[-] The following 3 users Like Micro-Brew's post:
  • Big Five-0-, jetpilot, Sportsdadof2
I think there is a greater chance that Pikeville wins by running clock than Russellville springing the upset.

I'll take Pikeville by 28.
(12-01-2021, 11:55 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote: I asked myself the same exact question, and expanded to think where would Pikeville rank on Russellville’s schedule? I’m still not sure what to think of Russellville, but I’m sure they’re not better than the 2 teams that beat Pikeville ( LCA and Mad Central). Nor do I think they’re more physical than Belfry. Nor do I think that their staff knows how to match up and play us the way Hazard does. Now do I think it’s possible that their athleticism matches Mad Central, I do. Maybe not the overall team speed as LCA tho. For some reason they remind me somewhat of that 2019 Bardstown team that Pikeville played. Do I think Russellville could beat Pikeville? Absolutely. They seem hungry. I think you’re gonna get a lot of haymakers offensively from them if Pikeville can shut their run game down early. Lots of reverses, reverse passes, half back passes, wildcat, wildcat passes, who the heck knows what else. I also have an X factor on the offensive side of the ball who I think could be primed for a huge game, but I’ll keep that one to myself. Last practice at Hambley today for the seniors. This group will have appeared in 3 state championship games. Pretty dang good. Congrats boys.
X factor for which team MB? Also, I don't think there is any doubt that Pikeville is the toughest team Russellville has faced all year...
Sorry should have been more specific, for Pikeville on the offensive side of the ball.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Micro-Brew's post:
  • jetpilot
(12-01-2021, 04:10 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Sorry should have been more specific, for Pikeville on the offensive side of the ball.
Thought that's what you meant, just wanted to be sure and I think I am on the same page. The Panthers have an excellent underutilized piece on the chessboard which is very lethal whenever they want to use it and Friday is the perfect time.
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-, PHSFOREVER1
(12-01-2021, 12:53 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote: I think there is a greater chance that Pikeville wins by running clock than Russellville springing the upset.

I'll take Pikeville by 28.
Agree

PHS focused 35-14. PHS not focused 35-15.
(11-30-2021, 01:42 PM)Air12plane Wrote: Russellville by 20
Please bring a huge sack of money to the game.
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • 2000PHS, Big Five-0-
I keep a sack u bring yours bet something
Like I said u hit ur damn head
Russellville by two touchdowns
All the talking is over it’s night before the game so young men get some rest(if you can) and get ready for a tuff game. As I always say all the work is done now is time to put it on the line every play. Plenty of faith in this team and will be there cheering for you guys and for the last time this year GO PANTHERS!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(11-28-2021, 05:26 PM)bball_fan Wrote: I'll say my peace and leave it be...

Sayre had the best passing attack jn 1A, outside maybe Pikeville, and Pikeville put a running clock on them. Sayre also beat Bethlehem worse than Russellville did. Russellville has nothing Pikeville hasn't seen between playing Lex. Chris., Belfry, and other out of state power houses.

If Pikeville's offense is clicking, this is over by the end of the first.

Pikeville may very well put a running clock on Russellville in the first half.  However, Russellville beat Bethlehem by 13, Sayre beat them by 10.  

Trying to compare scores is generally a futile endeavor anyway.  Sayre played two competitive games with Hazard, losing by 3 and 14 points.  Hazard lost by 17 and 22 to Pikeville.  If you go by those scores it would seem that Russellville is a bit better than Hazard and could hang around in this game.
(12-02-2021, 10:21 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote:
(11-28-2021, 05:26 PM)bball_fan Wrote: I'll say my peace and leave it be...

Sayre had the best passing attack jn 1A, outside maybe Pikeville, and Pikeville put a running clock on them. Sayre also beat Bethlehem worse than Russellville did. Russellville has nothing Pikeville hasn't seen between playing Lex. Chris., Belfry, and other out of state power houses.

If Pikeville's offense is clicking, this is over by the end of the first.

Pikeville may very well put a running clock on Russellville in the first half.  However, Russellville beat Bethlehem by 13, Sayre beat them by 10.  

Trying to compare scores is generally a futile endeavor anyway.  Sayre played two competitive games with Hazard, losing by 3 and 14 points.  Hazard lost by 17 and 22 to Pikeville.  If you go by those scores it would seem that Russellville is a bit better than Hazard and could hang around in this game.
I agree. comparing scores doesn't work.
(12-02-2021, 05:12 PM)Air12plane Wrote: I keep a sack u bring yours bet something

I’d easily bet you $1,000 straight up right now.  PM me
(12-02-2021, 05:15 PM)Air12plane Wrote: Like I said u hit ur damn head
You need some new material. You just copyin’ and pasting now. Lol

Will it be a running clock or a 2-3 TD victory for Pikeville?  I don’t know. Football’s a funny game. Russellville has some really really good players and much respect to them. But this I know.... Pikeville will hit Russellville harder than any team has this year. This ain’t Warren East or Fulton, etc. the black and gold Panthers better pack a lunch pail because the maroon and white Panthers will go all day. All Gas, No Brakes.
[-] The following 2 users Like PHSFOREVER1's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Sportsdadof2
Game day Panthers, this is what you guys have been working for all year. Now is time to to leave it all on the field. You can bet Russellville is coming to win that championship just like you guys are so it’s up to you guys to do your jobs and execute your game plan and take no plays off and I have faith in you guys so I will see you guys in about 6 hours and I know you are nervous but after the first play or first contact that will go away. Be who you are an enjoy this experience. I said that yesterday was my last time to say this but I forgot about game day so this will be the last time this year,as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Game Day!!!
Good luck Panthers. I will never turn away from the mountain teams.
How can we listen to the game today? Cant watch bc im at work.
live stream?
(12-03-2021, 12:48 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: How can we listen to the game today? Cant watch bc im at work.

https://wdhr.com/
Is it over yet ?? Haha
7 play, 53 yd drive. Blake Birchfield TD run.

(12-03-2021, 01:00 PM)Real Badman Wrote: live stream?

From KHSAA
https://mixlr.com/khsaa

TD Russellville. 67 yd TD run by Jaquis Todd.

Both teams missed PATs. Tied 6-6.

Birchfield TD run. XP good.

Pikeville 13
Russellville 6

TD pass Russellville. XP is good.

2:25 1Q

Tied 13-13.
(12-03-2021, 01:00 PM)Real Badman Wrote: live stream?
NFHS App on my Roku TV. Payed monthly fee. Will cancel it after the games tomorrow
(12-03-2021, 02:15 PM)nemo Wrote: 7 play, 53 yd drive. Blake Birchfield TD run.

(12-03-2021, 01:00 PM)Real Badman Wrote: live stream?

From KHSAA
https://mixlr.com/khsaa

TD Russellville. 67 yd TD run by Jaquis Todd.

Both teams missed PATs. Tied 6-6.

Birchfield TD run. XP good.

Pikeville 13
Russellville 6

TD pass Russellville. XP is good.

2:25 1Q

Tied 13-13.
This live feed on NFHS is about 4 minutes behind you lol.
(11-27-2021, 07:36 PM)2000PHS Wrote: Will Russllville have a first down before the running clock?
I think they've made a statement
[-] The following 1 user Likes Glory_Days's post:
  • nemo
TD pass McNamee to Hensley. XP good.

Pikeville 20
Russellville 13

~ 2:00 1Q