Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mayfield
48.00%
Beechwood
52.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mayfield @ Beechwood 11/26 4th Round Playoffs
You can't livestream a game without permission from the host school. I don't care how much money you raise. If Beechwood hasn't given permission you can't livestream to a ticketed event.
Go Cards, this will be a tough one but I believe in the Mayfield Magic and so does Beechwood, we are in their heads.
I can't stand Mayfield and I hope they win by 40.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesclay's post:
  • Sportsdadof2
https://www.meridix.com/event/202653

our favorite Red helmet club video or listen to vince and John or do both like i do.radio is just slightly ahead of video sometimes right with them on plays!!!

So sorry Jamesclay Mayfield speaks so highly of you!!!!
(11-23-2021, 04:27 PM)jamesclay Wrote: I can't stand Mayfield and I hope they win by 40.
You must REALLY hate beechwood! May I ask WHY you can’t stand mayfield?
(11-23-2021, 06:06 AM)Glory_Days Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 03:01 AM)Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote: Beechwood fans be warned if you are going to watch the live stream of the game. Two Mayfield fans will call the game. They try to call the game even but at the end of the day they're Mayfield fans. Two guys who took it upon themselves to broadcast the game during the pandemic so people could watch the Cardinals play. They have raised the money for the right to broadcast the game. They are not professionals. So please don't complain about bias. Tell your family members who can't be at the game.
Can we get a link to the livestream? Thanks

https://facebook.com/events/s/mayfield-c...522508790/
(11-23-2021, 04:27 PM)barnabus_c2001 Wrote: https://www.meridix.com/event/202653

our favorite Red helmet club video or listen to vince and John or do both like i do.radio is just slightly ahead of video sometimes right with them on plays!!!

So sorry Jamesclay Mayfield speaks so highly of you!!!!

LOL!
Beechwood wins, but this one is closer than a lot may think.... Beechwood, 24-14.
Here is my take, for what it’s worth. I think Mayfield is a little bit Helter Skelter this year. We can go out and lose to a very average or below average Murray on Friday. Or, we can go out and put a running clock on that very average team in the second quarter. Beechwood always has difficulty handling our team speed. We at Mayfield are aware how psychologically a team can beat you. We have that with Danville and have lost games to them that we should have won. Beechwood has that same problem with the Cards. The turf at Beechwood should actually help the team with the solid red helmets. These 2 teams are way too close on the RPI for anyone to be a decided favorite. So, it will come down to turnovers and penalties. Win that battle and you should win the game. That being said, remember one thing, the Cards will be back next year with most of their talent still intact.
(11-23-2021, 04:52 PM)rookie57 Wrote:
(11-23-2021, 04:27 PM)jamesclay Wrote: I can't stand Mayfield and I hope they win by 40.

Given his post history on this site, he seems to hate most things so I wouldn't take too much offense. Not much positivity there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoShamBo's post:
  • rookie57
(11-24-2021, 10:49 AM)RoShamBo Wrote:

Given his post history on this site, he seems to hate most things so I wouldn't take too much offense. Not much positivity there.

I just know which groups of fans think too highly of themselves.

Just wondered, DOESNT really matter why, seems like there’s a whole lot of mayfield haters, they probably don’t hate mayfield just hate some of their fans.

(11-24-2021, 12:57 PM)jamesclay Wrote:

I just know which groups of fans think too highly of themselves.
Well, that could be said about ALOT of teams fans, and some of the criticism might be justified, but like us or not, OUR PROGRAM is a class act program. I’ll add that very few people HATE a mediocre team, usually the hate is directed at winning programs and those teams all have some cocky fans, been a little cocky sometimes myself, I try very hard not to be because that usually when you get brought back down to reality quickly.
(11-21-2021, 03:01 AM)Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote: Beechwood fans be warned if you are going to watch the live stream of the game. Two Mayfield fans will call the game. They try to call the game even but at the end of the day they're Mayfield fans. Two guys who took it upon themselves to broadcast the game during the pandemic so people could watch the Cardinals play. They have raised the money for the right to broadcast the game. They are not professionals. So please don't complain about bias. Tell your family members who can't be at the game.
Who's not a professional???   Cool Cool Cool
Cards by 14
Beechwood beats Mayfield for the first time. By at lease 2 touchdowns.
Game Day!!!

Link?
I don’t know if this means anything or not but, Mayfield has certainly had the tougher playoff schedule of these two. That being said, Mayfield has scored more in the playoffs and given up less than Beechwood. Could it be that this is going to be different than most think?
(11-26-2021, 11:47 AM)mysonis55 Wrote: I don’t know if this means anything or not but, Mayfield has certainly had the tougher playoff schedule of these two. That being said, Mayfield has scored more in the playoffs and given up less than Beechwood. Could it be that this is going to be different than most think?
Let’s hope
I think Mayfield will carry confidence going into this game unlike alot of other teams would. I know last year, it was this game for Beechwood that they had to come from behind and win against a West Carter team playing with lots of confidence. Good luck tonight and safe travels!
Would love to watch the game in Beechwood, but to far. I believe Mayfield is one fumble away from Beechwood making the trip in this direction. However, believe whoever wins get to enjoy being State Runner-up!
Said it since the early season that a lot of people had discounted Mayfield for a not so typical year for them. Hergot is a very very good player maybe the best player on the field tonight but I’m going with the Cardinals by 10, not a slight against Beechwood they have a very good coaching staff but I think Mayfield’s is able to make the most of the talent they have and play to their strengths.
(11-26-2021, 11:47 AM)mysonis55 Wrote: I don’t know if this means anything or not but, Mayfield has certainly had the tougher playoff schedule of these two. That being said, Mayfield has scored more in the playoffs and given up less than Beechwood. Could it be that this is going to be different than most think?

Mayfield has outscored their playoff opponents 163-12.  Beechwood has outscored their playoff opponents 156-14.  Do you really think it matters which teams JVs scored one more touchdown against overmatched opponents?  These were 6 running clock games that were all over with by halftime.  The margins mean nothing.  
Two seasons ago Somerset ended their 0-5 streak in the State Finals against Mayfield. Last season Murray ended the Cardinals 46 game winning streak at War Memorial Stadium and their own 23 year losing streak to Mayfield.  
This season Beechwood is the team with the championship pedigree. None of the Mayfield players have ever won a championship--and not many played large roles in their last championship appearance.  This will be the third year in a row that a long streak ends against the Cardinals.  Beechwood 35 Mayfield 21 in a good one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Walt Longmire's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
Link to Beechwood's audio livestream >

https://mixlr.com/beechwood-sports-radio-network/

Expect pregame to start ~ 6:30.

(11-26-2021, 08:07 PM)nemo Wrote: Link to Beechwood's audio livestream >

https://mixlr.com/beechwood-sports-radio-network/

Expect pregame to start ~ 6:30.

Pregame show is live.
Beechwood drive stalls at the Mayfield 35, and will punt.

B starts second series at the M 40.

35 yd Berger run on the 1st play.

3rd and goal.

Hergott to McCormick, 5 yd TD pass. XP good.

Beechwood 7
Mayfield 0

2:38 1Q

End of 1Q, Beechwood up 7-0.

End of 1Q, Beechwood up 7-0.

Hergott's second rushing TD. XP good.

Beechwood 14
Mayfield 0

9:54 2Q

Beechwood strips Mayfield on kickoff return.

B starts off at M 31.

Mayfield punches ball away from Hergott.

M starting at their own 6.

Beechwood - Mitchell Berger 13 yd rushing TD. XP good.

Beechwood 21
Mayfield 0

2:30 2Q

Beechwood intercepts Mayfield. Starts drive on the 36.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nemo's post:
  • Sportsdadof2
Beechwood is dropping the hammer on the Cardinals.
36 yd FG by Conrad.

Halftime

Beechwood 24
Mayfield 0

Four 1st half turnovers by Mayfield. 2 INT, and 2 Special Teams fumbles.
(11-26-2021, 09:59 PM)nemo Wrote: 36 yd FG by Conrad.

Halftime

Beechwood 24
Mayfield 0

The fumble that set up the FG just before halftime was just a run up the middle that a Beechwood player got a helmet on.
(11-26-2021, 10:06 PM)RoShamBo Wrote:
(11-26-2021, 09:59 PM)nemo Wrote: 36 yd FG by Conrad.

Halftime

Beechwood 24
Mayfield 0

The fumble that set up the FG just before halftime was just a run up the middle that a Beechwood player got a helmet on.

Thanks for the correction.

B - Hergott 10 yd TD run. Conrad XP.

Beechwood 31
Mayfield 0

~ 8:30 3Q

38-0 Beechwood after a 7 yd Berger TD run.

Running clock.

(11-22-2021, 07:26 PM)IAM22 Wrote: 36-7 Beechwood
They will be up 36-0 in the 3rd quarter with a running clock, Mayfield a late 4th quarter td.

TD Mayfield.

38-7

Nostradamus, that you
How long since a running clock against Mayfield