Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
37.14%
Pikeville
62.86%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Raceland @ Pikeville 11/26 4th Round Playoffs
It was the night before the game and no one was posting not even a Ram-A-Devil and the players where waiting for the whistle to blow, so you young men better buckle up because the game is almost here. So the one team that does their game plan and does it right will win this game and it will be nice but only those players know who it will be that goes to Kroger field on Dec 3 but as always GO PANTHERS
Go Rams!
(11-23-2021, 01:16 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(11-22-2021, 11:31 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: I've seen both play, Pikeville more than Raceland, but IMO Pikeville is arguably better at every position. No offense to Raceland, they'll get their time to shine next season. This Pikeville team is 2-3 touchdowns better than everyone else in 1A. They're good enough to probably win 3A as well.

I think it'll be close in the first half, but Pikeville's defense and offensive line proves to be too much in the second half and that's win Pikeville will pull away with Birchfield, Lockhart, Hensley, McNamee, etc.

Panthers win, 35-14.
Belfry is the highest rated team in 3A now and Pikeville beat them at Belfry 29-0. Pikeville will have a harder time winning Class A than 3A but I think they can get it done for #6.
Belfry is mediocre at best. lol
(11-23-2021, 12:23 PM)VoR_58 Wrote: This is gonna be a close one I believe but I hope the Panthers blow them out!

blow them out in a close one.
(11-25-2021, 01:20 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote:
(11-25-2021, 05:03 AM)bac2369 Wrote: This should be an exciting game. I would love to attend, but bad luck has struck the family. I will give my perspective for each team.

Pikeville will need to use the same playbook that they beat Hazard with.. The quarterback will need to run in this game the same way.. Pikeville defense has been good all season outside there two losses, but Hazard moved the ball well but couldn’t convert when they needed too ( credit Pikeville). Can there luck hold out?  Hazard abandonment of the run was there downfall in the 2nd matchup.. I  checked myself and they only ran the ball 10 times. To beat Pikeville that just isn’t going to cut it. Pikeville will need to win 3rd downs both offensively and defensively.

For Raceland the need to limit big plays from Birchfield. They will need to get off the field on the 3rd down.. they will need to win the LOS both sides. They will need to have a few big plays for chunk yards and score when they hit the red zone. They need to avoid turnovers and they need to just play football and not get cute as in every big game that I’ve watched of Raceland.
Great analysis. I enjoy your posts bac. Quality stuff. I agree with everything you said. Hope everything is ok with your family. As for the Hazard run abandonment, I agree they should’ve attempted a few more but a couple things may have led to that. First I’m not sure if Johnson was 100%, secondly Pikevilles run D is kinda their strength and I think Hazards staff though the best chance they had was to get their young QB outside the pocket and see if he could hit some easy throws or have the option to run for some first downs. Now onto the Raceland matchup, if Raceland runs as successfully as they did against Paintsville then Pikeville will be in trouble…. But I’m going to be really surprised if that’s the case. I just don’t think that Raceland can consistently line up and run the football against Pikevilles D but hell that’s why they don’t let me just decide the winner from my opinions. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and safe travels to the Ram fans tmrw. Also hopeful for the health of your family bac.

Thanks I really enjoy your posts too and ur a realist in anything you post. You are correct Johnson was no where near 100%. Johnson’s carries decreased tremendously after the Sayre meeting in the regular season. I also agree that they was hoping to for the short passes and chances to run. They just did a much better job the first half. But back to this game. As you said about Raceland running at Pikeville.. looking at there numbers they’ve not abandoned the run in any of there games, and if they stick to it they have an excellent shot. I do however think they need to throw it at least 12-17 times in the game. Thanks again micro for the comments about me n the family.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bac2369's post:
  • Patriot1
Game Day!!!
Game day Panthers and it’s going to be a very tough challenge to beat the Rams they are a very good football team. So you will have to play your best game of the year to win this game. This old Panther fan knows you can but it’s all up to you guys. No brakes all gas, no plays off and do your jobs. Hope for an injury free game for both teams and nothing but praise for both of these teams but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Neither team can afford bone head penalties or mistakes this evening. Both teams will run to set up the pass. Whoever can get out to an early lead will likely hold the advantage. This game will come down to a big play or 2 and or a turnover will be the deciding factor. I see the point total for this game somewhere around 45. No one is getting blown out, i dont think.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scotty_Bronson's post:
  • Patriot1
It always comes down to who executes the basics: blocking & tackling.
Question. Ive seen reports of two seperate media outlets covering this game. Im out of town and cant make it, so i was wondering who would be covering it? Ive seen both NFHS and Mountain Top have both claimed they will cover it. Can anyone confirm either/or?
(11-26-2021, 04:01 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Question. Ive seen reports of two seperate media outlets covering this game. Im out of town and cant make it, so i was wondering who would be covering it? Ive seen both NFHS and  Mountain Top have both claimed they will cover it. Can anyone confirm either/or?
NFHS may have the MTM feed, but Mountain Top is free & I would suggest using their stream from their website.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Panther Thunder's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(11-26-2021, 04:01 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Question. Ive seen reports of two seperate media outlets covering this game. Im out of town and cant make it, so i was wondering who would be covering it? Ive seen both NFHS and  Mountain Top have both claimed they will cover it. Can anyone confirm either/or?
NFHS is showing it on their schedule.
(11-26-2021, 04:08 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
NFHS is showing it on their schedule.

Mountain top is free and NFHS usually has the same stream. I also noticed the Bethlehem- Russellville game is on NFHS also.
Pikeville in a close one.
Pikeville 28-21
Pikeville scores on their opening drive via a Birchfield run.... 7-0 Panthers...
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • 64SUR
Pikeville defense forces a 3 and out
Birchfield is running through some big holes right now... Rams front is getting tossed around.
Raceland stops Pikeville on 4th down... They'll take over from their own 29
Panthers force another 3 and out.... followed by two straight PF penalties on Raceland... They'll be punting from their own 12
McNamee hits Hensley and takes it to the Rams 9... 11 mins left in the first half
McNamee to Lockhart for a Panther TD...

14-0, Pikeville 10:12 2nd qt
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • 64SUR
Wright tips a Lundy pass that Hensley picks off.... 1st and 10 Pikeville from their own 10
TD Pikeville... 21-0 2nd qt
Halftime

Pikeville 21 Raceland 0

Panthers dominate the first half. Raceland had one good drive but it ended in a interception.
Congratulations on #6 Pikeville.
Lundy short arms a throw that Pikeville picks off but fumbles it on the return and Raceland takes back over 1st and 10
Luke Ray picks off Lundy... Panthers will takeover on their own 33... Lundy injured on the play.
Birchfield takes the delayed handoff down to the Raceland 24... 9:30 left in the 3rd qt
Pikeville scores on 4th down as McNamee connects with Hensley on the screen and two Raceland defenders completely whiff on the play. Big time play by Hensley!

28-0 Pikeville 3rd qt - 8 or 9 mins left