Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
37.14%
Pikeville
62.86%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Raceland @ Pikeville 11/26 4th Round Playoffs
Raceland vs Pikeville

Raceland (12-1)
Aug 20, 21 Ashland Blazer away (W) 16 - 7 
Aug 28, 21 Russell away (L) 18 - 28  Chick-fil-A Rail Cities Bowl 
Sep 3, 21 Rowan County away (W) 50 - 26 
Sep 10, 21 Open 0 - 0 
Sep 17, 21 West Carter away (W) 21 - 0 
Sep 24, 21 Greenup County home (W) 32 - 0 
Oct 1, 21 Lincoln County (Hamlin), WV home (W) 38 - 6
Oct 8, 21 Betsy Layne home (W) 62 - 20 
Oct 15, 21 Fairview home (W) 72 - 8 
Oct 22, 21 Paintsville away (W) 36 - 19 
Oct 29, 21 Lawrence County home (W) 21 - 20  (overtime) 
Nov 4, 21 Fairview home (W) 57 - 0  Class 1A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals 
Nov 12, 21 Paintsville home (W) 28 - 14  Class 1A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals 
Nov 19, 21 Bishop Brossart home (W) 48 - 7  Class 1A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals

Pikeville (12-2)
Aug 20, 21 Paintsville home (W) 43 - 21 
Aug 28, 21 Bourbon County home (W) 1 - 0 - Pike County Bowl
COVID Cancelation - RPI per policy 
Sep 3, 21 Letcher County Central away (W) 48 - 7 
Sep 10, 21 Wheelersburg, OH away (W) 20 - 7 
Sep 17, 21 Belfry away (W) 29 - 0  ARH Bowl 
Sep 24, 21 Lexington Christian away (L) 14 - 31 
Oct 1, 21 Madison Central away (L) 19 - 21 
Oct 8, 21 Sayre home (W) 43 - 7 
Oct 15, 21 Phelps home (W) 49 - 0 
Oct 22, 21 Hazard away (W) 17 - 0 
Oct 29, 21 Castlewood, VA home (W) 1 - 0 - (forfeit)
Nov 4, 21 Phelps home (W) 49 - 0  Class 1A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals 
Nov 12, 21 Hazard home (W) 28 - 6  Class 1A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals 
Nov 19, 21 Williamsburg home (W) 50 - 21  Class 1A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals

Good luck to both teams!
Thoughts?
I think this game is happening 1 week early. I do think the Panthers win and advance. The schedule they have played has prepared them for a championship. Raceland is a good team but do not have enough to come to Hambley and beat Pikeville.
Birchfield will have another big game and they roll on into Lexington.
I know I’ve said stupid things before and I’m sure this will fit right in, but here goes…

It benefits Raceland to be playing this week at Pikeville instead of at Kroger next week. Experience in that stadium cannot be overstated.

As for the game, low scoring. Pikeville will have to throw to consistently move the ball. I think Pikeville’s defense will also force Raceland to do things outside the box.

Pikeville 22
Raceland 17

Pikeville wins by 45 in the state finals.
Pikeville pulls away in the third.
My pick at the end of the season last year to win in 2021

Pikeville 42
Raceland 24
PIKEVILLE BY 14
Raceland has done a great job at improving all year and closing the gap with Pikeville. This Raceland team is very tough and has weapons all over the field. Offensively we have done really good at pounding the ball on the ground and our passing game has been the most consistent that I’ve seen in years. On the defensive side of the ball our secondary has played really good and I think this may be one of the hardest hitting teams PiKeville has faced this year. Raceland has to get the kicking game squared away though. We can’t have missed extra points like we had against Brossart in a game like this. As others have said I believe the two best teams in Class A are squaring off in this game and I think this will be a classic between these two teams.

Raceland 21
Pikeville 17
I love this Raceland team but I've said all season that Pikeville was the favorites in 1A, and my mind hasn't changed. I do think Raceland has definitely closed the gap that Pikeville had in 1A a few weeks ago but I still think the Panthers are just the better, all-around team and home field advantage gives them even more of an edge. I'm going with Pikeville, 35-24.
Rams by eleventy billion.
[-] The following 3 users Like RAM-A-DEVIL's post:
  • #55PirateFan, 2000PHS, FootballFan1999
(11-20-2021, 09:43 PM)2000PHS Wrote: I know I’ve said stupid things before and I’m sure this will fit right in, but here goes…

It benefits Raceland to be playing this week at Pikeville instead of at Kroger next week. Experience in that stadium cannot be overstated.

As for the game, low scoring. Pikeville will have to throw to consistently move the ball. I think Pikeville’s defense will also force Raceland to do things outside the box.

Pikeville 22
Raceland 17

Your takes on here are always top notch and you know Raceland as well as anyone but I will disagree somewhat...
Raceland would rather play this game anywhere other than at Pikeville where there will be a huge overflow hostile crowd and they have never won there. I do agree that they wouldn't have much of a chance at Kroger.

Pikeville can absolutely run on Raceland. They have a small college line and the best RB in Class A by far. Of course they can't expect to hand off every play.

Raceland hasn't faced a good team yet. Ashland Russell Paintsville all down from what they are used to.

Having said all this Raceland can win. Pikeville has seemed to be hitting on 6 or 7 cylinders all year and lots of sloppy play even in blowouts. The margin of error in this game is very small.  

Pikeville 28
Raceland 14

Also don't sleep on Russellville. They are legit.
Well hell...all i can say. This game should be played next week, imo. Russellville may be better than what I thought. But i still think these two are the best teams in the state. Dont think you will see either team put up the points they have in the first few rounds. This should be an instant classic.

Rams 24
Pikeville 17
Raceland 28-14
(11-21-2021, 08:18 AM)pjdoug Wrote: Raceland 28-14
Please come to the game and bring a huge sack of money with you dougie!
There goes Jet with his sack of cash!!! Alreqdy got an eleventy-billion prediction. Wonder how long it is before someone from Paintsville or Johnson Central tries to hijack Jet's plane and make the thread about them?lmao.
(11-21-2021, 09:42 AM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: There goes Jet with his sack of cash!!! Alreqdy got an eleventy-billion prediction. Wonder how long it is before someone from Paintsville or Johnson Central tries to hijack Jet's plane and make the thread about them?lmao.
Well that would only be fair to say the least. Jett hijacks every thread on here and makes it about him haha.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Diogenes
(11-21-2021, 10:32 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 09:42 AM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: There goes Jet with his sack of cash!!! Alreqdy got an eleventy-billion prediction. Wonder how long it is before someone from Paintsville or Johnson Central tries to hijack Jet's plane and make the thread about them?lmao.
Well that would only be fair to say the least. Jett hijacks every thread on here and makes it about him haha.
Bring your trailer payment to the game Ramdad!
The winner of this game will go on to win the 1A title.
Race land in a big upset.
[-] The following 2 users Like German Eye's post:
  • Blue_Bird96, Gitback Coach
(11-21-2021, 09:31 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 08:18 AM)pjdoug Wrote: Raceland 28-14
Please come to the game and bring a huge sack of money with you dougie!

I'm financially embarrassed.
(11-21-2021, 10:32 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:

You wont hear from him until next year, if Raceland wins.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
As for the game, just like I mentioned in the WBurg thread ,which honestly it’s no big secret, can Raceland contain Birchfield? Firstly I watched the Raceland/Lawrence game and LC ran it pretty efficiently. Pikeville is bigger and more physical than LC and Birchfield is a stud. And secondly in watching the WBurg game you kinda feel like WBurg did a good job on Birchfield but then you look at the stats and he rushed for almost 200 yards, averaging over 10 a carry. But what I really liked was Wburg did everything they could to stop Birchfield and they really didn’t but what you saw was Mcnamee and the Panther receiving Corp absolutely roasting the WBurg secondary in response to them having to sell out to stop the run. So now the plot thickens, can Raceland stop the run in a base type D or do they have to stack the box? If they stack it, receivers everywhere in lots of single coverage…..it’s a conundrum.
To me this Raceland team seems to be a lot different than the teams the last few years . They do not get rattled when they make a mistake or give up a big play . They have been the most physical team in every game even at Russell when they just looked uninterested to be honest . However Pikeville is a great challenge but give me the Rams by10. 27-17. Win or lose though Raceland will be the the overwhelming favorite in 1a next year . They only graduate 2 guys this year .
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ramfan02's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
Well for me I see this a game that is going to be won or lost in the trenches and whichever team controls that wins the game barring no turnovers. Raceland is a physical team but so was Ohio team that Pikeville pick up and so was Madison Central. So Pikeville has seen physical teams and plus Hazard who is a physical team and all I can say about this game it’s an all out war ever time they play so let the party begin and I see Jet has already bet the bank but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
(11-21-2021, 03:13 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(11-20-2021, 09:43 PM)2000PHS Wrote: I know I’ve said stupid things before and I’m sure this will fit right in, but here goes…

Pikeville 22
Raceland 17

Your takes on here are always top notch and you know Raceland as well as anyone but I will disagree somewhat...
Raceland would rather play this game anywhere other than at Pikeville where there will be a huge overflow hostile crowd and they have never won there. I do agree that they wouldn't have much of a chance at Kroger.

Pikeville can absolutely run on Raceland. They have a small college line and the best RB in Class A by far. Of course they can't expect to hand off every play.

Raceland hasn't faced a good team yet. Ashland Russell Paintsville all down from what they are used to.

Having said all this Raceland can win. Pikeville has seemed to be hitting on 6 or 7 cylinders all year and lots of sloppy play even in blowouts. The margin of error in this game is very small.  

Pikeville 28
Raceland 14

Also don't sleep on Russellville. They are legit.
My thought is that playing at Pikeville, while always extremely difficult, is just another road game. It is much easier to prepare since you don’t have all the hoopla that is state finals week. You can focus and prepare for the best team in the state. 

Playing at Kroger is something these Raceland players have never experienced. I’m just drawing from experience in 2019 and 2020. 

If Pikeville wins by 35+ please delete this post haha
(11-21-2021, 02:08 PM)Ramfan02 Wrote: To me this Raceland team seems to be a lot different than the teams the last few years . They do not get rattled when they make a mistake or give up a big play . They have been the most physical team in every game even at Russell when they just looked uninterested to be honest . However Pikeville is a great challenge but give me the Rams by10. 27-17. Win or lose though Raceland will be the the overwhelming favorite in 1a next year . They only graduate 2 guys this year .
Pikeville will be very good again next year as well. But that’s neither here nor there concerning Fridays game. My biggest question mark is will the Pikeville D force the Raceland QB to stay in the pocket and have to throw the football or will they sit back passively and let him break containment and break their spirit by rushing for first downs on 3rd and longs? I would not let him beat me with his legs, I’d take my chances that my athletes in the defensive backfield are just as good as the Raceland receivers and force him to make the throws. If he does, then I’d tip my hat.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Micro-Brew's post:
  • jetpilot
I agree with others that it's a shame these 2 are meeting in the semi-finals instead of the finals because I believe it's been pretty clear for a while that Raceland and Pikeville are the top 2 teams in Class A this season.

This should be a very close game between 2 very good teams. Pikeville is probably not quite as good as I thought they were 6 weeks ago and have had dreadful playcalling on offense at times and Raceland is probably better than I thought they were 6 weeks ago. Hopefully the Panthers can pull out a big win...if not me and some buddies are going to all 6 championship games and we will be cheering on the Rams. Having said that I've gotta go with my Panthers on their homefield...Pikeville 20 Raceland 17.
Eleventy billion
Atleast on paper is this the best match up that we have seen in this alignment?
I’m excited about this game. I love how balanced pikeville is offensively.
(11-21-2021, 08:01 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Atleast on paper is this the best match up that we have seen in this alignment?
I don’t know about the paper part but I do believe that this is the best match up for a semi-final game that this alignment has had. In 2019 Pikeville put a running clock on all the teams in the playoffs and except the district matchup between Raceland and Paintsville last year was their only close game so I would have to agree this is the best matchup I know of in this alignment in 1A but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Will this game be streamed live?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slic Ric's post:
  • Big Five-0-