Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
37.14%
Pikeville
62.86%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Raceland @ Pikeville 11/26 4th Round Playoffs
(11-22-2021, 11:31 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: I've seen both play, Pikeville more than Raceland, but IMO Pikeville is arguably better at every position. No offense to Raceland, they'll get their time to shine next season. This Pikeville team is 2-3 touchdowns better than everyone else in 1A. They're good enough to probably win 3A as well.

I think it'll be close in the first half, but Pikeville's defense and offensive line proves to be too much in the second half and that's win Pikeville will pull away with Birchfield, Lockhart, Hensley, McNamee, etc.

Panthers win, 35-14.
Belfry is the highest rated team in 3A now and Pikeville beat them at Belfry 29-0. Pikeville will have a harder time winning Class A than 3A but I think they can get it done for #6.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
Watch #32 Carson Wright. He has been hurt last 2 years and worked through it. One of the best players in Class A or anywhere for that matter. Game changer and now that he's back a HUGE addition...Sack for a safety, blocked a punt, and a force at RB,,,

Watch this for #32

The more I think about this game the more I think Pikeville wins big. Now I will stay off this thread.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Any of the 4 teams left could win it all. Another poster said this should be the title game and I agree.

Pikeville to advance but Raceland is due for one.
Unless Pikeville just doesn't show up to their own home game Pikeville by 21
Any updates on Slone and Thornsbury for Pikeville? I know they were injured and didn’t play the second half vs Williamsburg
(11-23-2021, 02:29 AM)Hjetpilot Wrote: The more I think about this game the more I think Pikeville wins big. Now I will stay off this thread.
I understand the confidence but you have said that about every opponent haha
This is gonna be a close one I believe but I hope the Panthers blow them out!
(11-23-2021, 12:21 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
(11-23-2021, 02:29 AM)Hjetpilot Wrote: The more I think about this game the more I think Pikeville wins big. Now I will stay off this thread.
Not at all, but I have never been wrong about Raceland games at Pikeville.
Raceland absolutely killed Paintsville with stretch. Pikeville edge defenders better buckle their chin straps. Carson Wright starting to look more and more like the Carson of old. Defensively, Carson could be the difference in this game. This game is gonna be all about the amount of possessions Pikeville has. If that number is 8 or more, I like Pikevilles chances. If it’s 6 or less, be on upset alert. My point is Pikeville can’t let Raceland convert on 3rd and longs and extend drives. Get the ball back to the offense and let them be able work the playbook. It’s gonna be a dandy. Good luck to both teams on an injury free game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Micro-Brew's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
(11-23-2021, 12:34 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
Just seeing if I could drag you back for one more comment haha
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2000PHS's post:
  • jetpilot
(11-23-2021, 12:34 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
Except this year! ?
Panthers have McNamee at QB and Raceland does not
Panthers 38
Rams 26
(11-23-2021, 05:09 PM)scrappy coco Wrote: Panthers have McNamee at QB and Raceland does not
Panthers 38
Rams 26
I'd say Raceland's QB has Pikeville's full attention.
[-] The following 2 users Like Slic Ric's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Patriot1
Pikeville-35
Raceland-7
This game and prediction doesn't do raceland justice they both (Pikeville and Raceland) are top 5 teams in class 1a-3a with Pikeville being an easy top 2 IMO. Racelands semi close game with Paintsville puts them at #5, after watching the film it seems they may have been looking ahead and Paintsville played a perfect game. This Game should’ve been played at Kroger, Pikeville with the running clock in the 1st quarter in Lex will be what we get instead. 
Goodluck to both teams! it’s November anything can happen.
(11-23-2021, 07:45 PM)Gold River Wrote: Pikeville-35
Raceland-7
This game and prediction doesn't do raceland justice they both (Pikeville and Raceland) are top 5 teams in class 1a-3a with Pikeville being an easy top 2 IMO. Racelands semi close game with Paintsville puts them at #5, after watching the film it seems they may have been looking ahead and Paintsville played a perfect game. This Game should’ve been played at Kroger, Pikeville with the running clock in the 1st quarter in Lex will be what we get instead. 
Wait a minute….so you are saying Pikeville is better then Cal, Beechwood, LCA, Mayfield?? See….some of you Pikeville fans are delusional. All four of those teams I just mentioned would wear Pikevilles ass out. Come on guys. Stop with this silly stuff. I think Pikeville and Raceland are eventually matched in most all phases of the game but Pikeville has the homegirls advantage and in my opinion the better coaching staff. Rams will have to play a perfect game to win.
(11-23-2021, 08:39 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
Raceland-7
Wait a minute….so you are saying Pikeville is better then Cal, Beechwood, LCA, Mayfield?? See….some of you Pikeville fans are delusional. All four of those teams I just mentioned would wear Pikevilles ass out. Come on guys. Stop with this silly stuff. I think Pikeville and Raceland are eventually matched in most all phases of the game but Pikeville has the homegirls advantage and in my opinion the better coaching staff. Rams will have to play a perfect game to win.
Not a pikeville fan at all, I’ve watched all the teams you mentioned play multiple times and you will find out quickly LCA will very very easily win 2A. LCA being the only team better than pikeville. I wouldn’t even put CAL top 4 in 3A they are very mediocre and got beat by a not so great team last week that Mayfield absolutely demolished earlier in the season. Beechwood hasn’t played anyone let alone beat anyone I won’t be surprised if Mayfield beats them this week. Since I’m being delusional, I was actually being generous giving raceland #5 being they only beat a terrible defensive Lawrence county team by 1 point.
I will leave this site forever if the majority of the people on here believe that Raceland was looking ahead when they played Paintsville.

Gold River there is this up and coming team from Northern Kentucky called Beechwood that may surprise LCA with a competitive game in 2A.
(11-23-2021, 10:18 PM)2000PHS Wrote: I will leave this site forever if the majority of the people on here believe that Raceland was looking ahead when they played Paintsville.

Gold River there is this up and coming team from Northern Kentucky called Beechwood that may surprise LCA with a competitive game in 2A.
I highly….highly doubt that, they will be lucky to escape mayfield. That same beechwood team you speak of has played absolutely nobody and had close games with teams (like say dixie heights 21-14) that LCA would steam roll. LCA with a 3-4 touchdown win at Kroger. If I’m wrong remember this and make me so fresh crow in a few weeks.
(11-23-2021, 05:17 PM)Slic Ric Wrote:
(11-23-2021, 05:09 PM)scrappy coco Wrote: Panthers have McNamee at QB and Raceland does not
Panthers 38
Rams 26
Lol ! Good point and I agree Slic Ric. However, no successful team gets this far by not giving  attention to a qualilty QB and team like Raceland.
If I ain’t mistaken they Beechwood surprised them LCA last year in the state championship game when everyone was on LCA bandwagon. Pikeville and Raceland both can play with most 2A teams and most 3A teams not named Beechnuts or LCA now I haven’t seen Mayfield but they are always very good. But that has nothing to do with the game Friday night and I think it’s going to be a tuff one but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
(11-23-2021, 01:29 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Watch #32 Carson Wright. He has been hurt last 2 years and worked through it. One of the best players in Class A or anywhere for that matter. Game changer and now that he's back a HUGE addition...Sack for a safety, blocked a punt, and a force at RB,,,

Watch this for #32

If Carson is back close to 100% wonder if coach Mac will let him play more in the backfield? Good luck to both teams and hopefully no injuries
(11-24-2021, 12:34 AM)Big Five-0- Wrote:
(11-23-2021, 05:17 PM)Slic Ric Wrote:
Panthers 38
Rams 26
Lol ! Good point and I agree Slic Ric. However, no successful team gets this far by not giving  attention to a qualilty QB and team like Raceland.
I agree Big Five-O. McNamee & Lundy are the engineers that run both of these teams. It all starts at the QB position & their leadership.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slic Ric's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(11-24-2021, 04:45 AM)ethand Wrote:
(11-23-2021, 01:29 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Watch #32 Carson Wright. He has been hurt last 2 years and worked through it. One of the best players in Class A or anywhere for that matter. Game changer and now that he's back a HUGE addition...Sack for a safety, blocked a punt, and a force at RB,,,

Watch this for #32

If Carson is back close to 100% wonder if coach Mac will let him play more in the backfield? Good luck to both teams and hopefully no injuries

As someone who doesn’t know Carson nor involved with Pikeville athletics, but having watched Carson for 5 years now. He looks close, but he’s not 100% in my opinion. There were some runs last week that he looked to have a hitch in his giddy up. Not like a limp but something just seemed like he wasn’t fully back yet. Could be just have been me but that’s what I feel watching him run. Now as far as defense, I see no lingering affect from his ACL surgeries. He immediately stepped in and you couldn’t tell anything was wrong.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(11-23-2021, 09:38 PM)Gold River Wrote:
Raceland-7
Not a pikeville fan at all, I’ve watched all the teams you mentioned play multiple times and you will find out quickly LCA will very very easily win 2A. LCA being the only team better than pikeville. I wouldn’t even put CAL top 4 in 3A they are very mediocre and got beat by a not so great team last week that Mayfield absolutely demolished earlier in the season. Beechwood hasn’t played anyone let alone beat anyone I won’t be surprised if Mayfield beats them this week. Since I’m being delusional, I was actually being generous giving raceland #5 being they only beat a terrible defensive Lawrence county team by 1 point.
Lol. That’s rich. Pikeville is a strong 1A team but don’t get it twisted! Pikeville would want NONE of Beechwood as does any other team in 1A.
This should be an exciting game. I would love to attend, but bad luck has struck the family. I will give my perspective for each team.

Pikeville will need to use the same playbook that they beat Hazard with.. The quarterback will need to run in this game the same way.. Pikeville defense has been good all season outside there two losses, but Hazard moved the ball well but couldn’t convert when they needed too ( credit Pikeville). Can there luck hold out? Hazard abandonment of the run was there downfall in the 2nd matchup.. I checked myself and they only ran the ball 10 times. To beat Pikeville that just isn’t going to cut it. Pikeville will need to win 3rd downs both offensively and defensively.

For Raceland the need to limit big plays from Birchfield. They will need to get off the field on the 3rd down.. they will need to win the LOS both sides. They will need to have a few big plays for chunk yards and score when they hit the red zone. They need to avoid turnovers and they need to just play football and not get cute as in every big game that I’ve watched of Raceland.
Pikeville-35
Raceland-14
(11-24-2021, 06:05 PM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:
(11-23-2021, 09:38 PM)Gold River Wrote:
Raceland-7
Lol. That’s rich. Pikeville is a strong 1A team but don’t get it twisted! Pikeville would want NONE of Beechwood as does any other team in 1A.
http://calpreps.com/2021/ratings/Kentucky_all.htm
(11-25-2021, 05:03 AM)bac2369 Wrote: This should be an exciting game. I would love to attend, but bad luck has struck the family. I will give my perspective for each team.

Pikeville will need to use the same playbook that they beat Hazard with.. The quarterback will need to run in this game the same way.. Pikeville defense has been good all season outside there two losses, but Hazard moved the ball well but couldn’t convert when they needed too ( credit Pikeville). Can there luck hold out?  Hazard abandonment of the run was there downfall in the 2nd matchup.. I  checked myself and they only ran the ball 10 times. To beat Pikeville that just isn’t going to cut it. Pikeville will need to win 3rd downs both offensively and defensively.

For Raceland the need to limit big plays from Birchfield. They will need to get off the field on the 3rd down.. they will need to win the LOS both sides. They will need to have a few big plays for chunk yards and score when they hit the red zone. They need to avoid turnovers and they need to just play football and not get cute as in every big game that I’ve watched of Raceland.
Great analysis. I enjoy your posts bac. Quality stuff. I agree with everything you said. Hope everything is ok with your family. As for the Hazard run abandonment, I agree they should’ve attempted a few more but a couple things may have led to that. First I’m not sure if Johnson was 100%, secondly Pikevilles run D is kinda their strength and I think Hazards staff though the best chance they had was to get their young QB outside the pocket and see if he could hit some easy throws or have the option to run for some first downs. Now onto the Raceland matchup, if Raceland runs as successfully as they did against Paintsville then Pikeville will be in trouble…. But I’m going to be really surprised if that’s the case. I just don’t think that Raceland can consistently line up and run the football against Pikevilles D but hell that’s why they don’t let me just decide the winner from my opinions. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and safe travels to the Ram fans tmrw. Also hopeful for the health of your family bac.
The last 3 meetings between Raceland and Pikeville have ended with a Pikeville victory .
2018 PHS 38 - RHS 19
2019 PHS 12 - RHS 6
2020 PHS 28 - RHS 7
* I saw a poster comment about Wheelersburg having a starter or maybe two out. Dude we had a couple guys out also and one was Carson Wright. Wait til you see what that kid can do to a Raceland offense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hambley's post:
  • Big Five-0-