Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
50.00%
Corbin
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/19 4A 3rd Round Playoffs
(11-15-2021, 12:16 PM)Pulp Fiction Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 12:01 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 10:08 AM)Pulp Fiction Wrote: JC is 10-2, but we are 9-1 in actual games played..... the two toughest teams we played in the regular season were Rock Creek Christian Academy from Maryland & Cahokia, Illinois, Belfry is third and Henry Clay & our four district opponents were down this year.

Corbin is 12-0 with all 12 being actual games played and not Covid cancellations & most of their wins are blow outs, but they've not played the SEC West either......
Christ School (Arden), North Carolina 4-5
Whitley County 2-9
Franklin County 9-3
Pulaski County 7-5
Somerset 2-9
Simon Kenton 2-9
Knox County 6-5
Campbell County 1-10
Lincoln County 6-7 (x2)
Wayne County 4-7 (x2)

Will you be playing music at this game? lol
2018 I brought a sound system to Wayne County and played the JC fight song because the band couldn't make the trip.
I might come if I'm able. Not sure yet. Are you planning on coming?
Corbin and Johnson Central strength of schedules is about the same overall. Franklin County is a much better team now than they were when Corbin played them but they were a quality team when the season started. IMO, Rock Creek Christian Academy is the best team that either JC or Corbin has played this season. Cahokia looked very good when JC played them, but they struggled this season before having a running clock put on them in the first round of the Illinois playoffs. 

Given the circumstances of the time, JC's 8-point loss to Rock Creek, the week after JC lost its top two running backs, may have been JC's best performance to date. Rock Creek is currently ranked 6th overall in Maryland according to CalPreps and they have played a very strong schedule.

I am not making a prediction for this game, beyond picking JC to in the BGR Pick'em contest but nothing will surprise me. Turnovers could be a huge factor. Either team is capable of winning by three touchdowns or more. If JC starts fast, avoids turnovers, and dominates the time of possession, it will be very difficult for Corbin to win, IMO. If JC starts slowly and falls behind, it could be a long night for Golden Eagles. JC cannot afford to put themselves into obvious passing situations. Their passing game is underrated, but it is more likely to succeed with the element of surprise.
Rock Creek didn’t impress me any….. Other than the 3 scores all on big plays, they looked like a all defensive team.

Johnson Central to me was a better team than Rock Creek.
(11-15-2021, 01:38 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Rock Creek didn’t impress me any….. Other than the 3 scores all on big plays, they looked like a all defensive team.
Because of COVID, this was Rock Creek's first year fielding a team. They have three players with offers from Maryland and one who has committed to Alabama. Their coach was very successful at another private school before he was hired to build a program at Rock Creek. I watched two or three Rock Creek games on Youtube and don't know how JC managed to shut down their offense outside of those three big plays. It was a long road trip for Rock Creek, but if Mason Lawson and Zack McCoart had not been injured against Cahokia the week before, I think JC would have probably won the game.
I read up on them. I think JC other than 3 plays shut them down. That’s why I was more impressed with Johnson Central. Cahokia looked to move the ball better but I know how good Johnson Central is. I remember what happened last year.
(11-15-2021, 12:46 AM)Grumpy57 Wrote:
(11-13-2021, 08:05 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:
(11-13-2021, 07:57 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-13-2021, 07:08 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Earlier in the season I would have said Corbin by three scores. Now, I 'm not so sure. Corbin hasn't been able to stop a cold . Can they rise up and stop potent offense like JC?
Can’t stop a cold, Yet we’re undefeated? Doesn’t surprise me though. No matter what we do , we still have so called “redhounds” bashing our D. Do I believe JC will put up yards?, yep. They’re a great team. I also believe we can stop them as well. Gonna be a fight no matter what. I guess what you should’ve asked is can JC stop our potent offense and special teams. #onceahoundalwaysahound

The answer to that is no they cant stop our offense if we call the right plays.  But with that being said, they can limit our offense and that will be the approach that they take.  We have to make some adjustments and approach this game differently or it may be the last week we can make those said adjustments.  Do I think we have the personal to win this game, yes but will we use them.
They’ll be able to stop daddy’s boy, I highly doubt they’ll be able to stop that tank #22

Thats a bit harsh. We have all heard about sins of the father, the child will not suffer for the sins of the father. I am thankful for that, lord knows I have made my mistakes and my kids seem to prosper. But about football the kid makes the most out of broken plays, may not always show the best of character but he is someone you like to have in your lineup. All the talk about the defense, the kids are not trying to loose, I think the coaches want to win. Maybe we have all just been spoiled by the level of play we have seen in 17-18 in our secondary and lb level. I have pulled my hair out this year and have came to this conclusion. Hell i am at a loss, same coaches different kids. Not that its a a bad thing but it takes a special kid willing to sacrifice his body to take on that contact. Gibson, Taylor, Fore just laid it all out there for us. In the secondary Johnson and Faulkner shut teams down. I think we will be alright, have had a lot of support the past couple days and I know my son appreciates it. At the end of the day, across the state there will be parents trying to mend a broken heart that they just cant fix. I am just hoping we play to our potential, coach to our potential, and find a way to beat a good JC program. LIke to add if we find a way to win, should it be considered a win or take it as a loss, as many of our critics has claimed our wins to be? I know critics I have been one of this teams toughest ones, because I believe in them.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • Bull got out!, Sgt Slaughter
Classic thread great reading!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Jack Lambert's post:
  • Bull got out!, jamesclay
Big Grin Beats crickets….,,

(11-15-2021, 12:22 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 10:08 AM)Pulp Fiction Wrote: JC is 10-2, but we are 9-1 in actual games played..... the two toughest teams we played in the regular season were Rock Creek Christian Academy from Maryland & Cahokia, Illinois, Belfry is third and Henry Clay & our four district opponents were down this year.

Corbin is 12-0 with all 12 being actual games played and not Covid cancellations & most of their wins are blow outs, but they've not played the SEC West either......
Whitley County 2-9
Franklin County 9-3
Pulaski County 7-5
Somerset 2-9
Simon Kenton 2-9
Knox County 6-5
Campbell County 1-10
Lincoln County 6-7 (x2)
Wayne County 4-7 (x2)

2018 I brought a sound system to Wayne County and played the JC fight song because the band couldn't make the trip.

If you come, come sit with me. I’ll invite all, the more the merrier. It’s going to be cold, I’m going to chug hot chocolate! It’s going to be fun!!! 64SUR needs to come!! Reckon cattleman will be listening?
I would LOVE to be there!!! But I'm not sure I could negotiate the walking. I will just depend on Bull's updates!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Bull got out!
Sucks to get old; until you think about the alternative....
(11-15-2021, 03:43 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Big Grin Beats crickets….,,

Whitley County 2-9
Franklin County 9-3
Pulaski County 7-5
Somerset 2-9
Simon Kenton 2-9
Knox County 6-5
Campbell County 1-10
Lincoln County 6-7 (x2)
Wayne County 4-7 (x2)

If you come, come sit with me. I’ll invite all, the more the merrier. It’s going to be cold, I’m going to chug hot chocolate! It’s going to be fun!!! 64SUR needs to come!! Reckon cattleman will be listening?
Breaking out my old neon green jacket for this one. I will be easy spotted.  I truly believe cattleman will be at the game supporting his cousin!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
Cattlemen was once a Boyle Co fan. Knew all about the hiring up there a couple years ago. Then disappeared.

Good Luck to the Redhounds.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HighViz's post:
  • 64SUR
(11-15-2021, 06:05 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: I would LOVE to be there!!!  But I'm not sure I could negotiate the walking.  I will just depend on Bull's updates!!
Now shoot granny. You know I’d carry you like PJ carries the whole Whitley county program.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Granny Bear
Mood setter
Johnson Central posters being awful quite. Do they know something Corbin fans already know. We want the ball first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
(11-15-2021, 11:43 PM)64SUR Wrote: Johnson Central posters being awful quite.  Do they know something Corbin fans already know.  We want the ball first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smile
Something tells me you might see some things from the Redhounds that you haven't seen all season. I think maybe they have been pointing to this game since this time last year. I suspect both the on and off field stuff last year in Paintsville burns in the memory of these Hounds. Time for the coaches to let the dogs out. Nows the time!!! Feeding time!!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Hound05, Sgt Slaughter
(11-16-2021, 12:23 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Something tells me you might see some things from the Redhounds that you haven't seen all season. I think maybe they have been pointing to this game since this time last year. I suspect both the on and off field stuff  last year in Paintsville  burns in the memory  of  these Hounds. Time for the coaches to let the dogs out. Nows the time!!! Feeding time!!!!
I’m a pretty Paws-itive guy, but what if that something you haven’t seen all season from the redhounds turns out to be a loss Smile

Whitley County 2-9
Franklin County 9-3
Pulaski County 7-5
Somerset 2-9
Simon Kenton 2-9
Knox County 6-5
Campbell County 1-10
Lincoln County 6-7 (x2)
Wayne County 4-7 (x2)

He might be in Danville?
(11-15-2021, 06:05 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: I would LOVE to be there!!!  But I'm not sure I could negotiate the walking.  I will just depend on Bull's updates!!

I'm having trouble walking right now, but if this pain leaves my body I'd like to come to this game. The last time I went to a game in Corbin I had a migraine and nobody could or would even give me an aspirin, and I had to walk back to depot street. That's a long walk back and forth when you don't feel like walking to begin with. lol
(11-15-2021, 09:14 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
Now shoot granny. You know I’d carry you like PJ carries the whole Whitley county program.

I'm glad that you recognize how much I love Whitley County  Sick
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Granny Bear
(11-16-2021, 01:08 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

I'm having trouble walking right now, but if this pain leaves my body I'd like to come to this game. The last time I went to a game in Corbin I had a migraine and nobody could or would even give me an aspirin, and I had to walk back to depot street. That's a long walk back and forth when you don't feel like walking to begin with. lol

If you come let me know. I will save you a spot parking, seat and I will bring aspirin. Just wear red…

(11-15-2021, 06:16 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 03:43 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: :D Beats crickets….,,

(11-15-2021, 12:01 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Will you be playing music at this game? lol

Breaking out my old neon green jacket for this one. I will be easy spotted.  I truly believe cattleman will be at the game supporting his cousin!!

Applebees or depot first?
(11-16-2021, 01:00 AM)Gold River Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 12:23 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Something tells me you might see some things from the Redhounds that you haven't seen all season. I think maybe they have been pointing to this game since this time last year. I suspect both the on and off field stuff  last year in Paintsville  burns in the memory  of  these Hounds. Time for the coaches to let the dogs out. Nows the time!!! Feeding time!!!!
I’m a pretty Paws-itive guy, but what if that something you haven’t seen all season from the redhounds turns out to be a loss Smile
Smoked bird being served in Corbin this Friday.
(11-16-2021, 01:20 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 01:08 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

If you come let me know.  I will save you a spot parking, seat  and I will bring aspirin.  Just wear red…

(11-15-2021, 06:16 PM)64SUR Wrote:

(11-15-2021, 12:16 PM)Pulp Fiction Wrote: 2018 I brought a sound system to Wayne County and played the JC fight song because the band couldn't make the trip.

Applebees or depot first?
Hey. I really appreciate that.
(11-16-2021, 01:42 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
You know its illegal to kill an Eagle, I really hope you’re just celebrating thanksgiving early brother. Two things don’t last in November…Dogs that play in traffic and teams that don’t run the ball!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gold River's post:
  • pjdoug
(11-16-2021, 02:00 AM)Gold River Wrote:
You know its illegal to kill an Eagle, I really hope you’re just celebrating thanksgiving early brother. Two things don’t last in November…Dogs that play in traffic and teams that don’t run the ball!

There will be lots of ill-eagles in Corbin  Sick . I'm very thankful for everything my friend, and hope you have a great Thanksgiving with your family and friends. Hopefully I get to see some of you in Corbin. I wish safe travels to all that come to this game.
  • Granny Bear
We all know Johnson Central is known for their power running game, but I think Corbin has the athletes that will make their offense even tougher to defend for the Eagles. I look for the QB to have a big game with the run and the pass.
  • Gold River
(11-16-2021, 02:04 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 02:00 AM)Gold River Wrote:

There will be lots of ill-eagles in Corbin  Sick . I'm very thankful for everything my friend, and hope you have a great Thanksgiving with your family and friends. Hopefully I get to see some of you in Corbin. I wish safe travels to all that come to this game.
I hope you and yourn have a great thanksgiving as well brother! As for the game I believe it’ll be an instant classic either way, (IMO) this game should’ve been played at Kroger in a few weeks or at least had the possibility. They both are much better teams than they where last year and it’ll show Friday night. Hope to see you there my friend.
[-] The following 4 users Like Gold River's post:
  • Bull got out!, Granny Bear, pjdoug, Sgt Slaughter
Hoping to see some of my Baker-Smith-Johnson-Terrell- Proffitt cousins at the game. I hear all of them are picking a big Corbin win in this one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
I know if was a particular DE, I’d be looking for blood after last year!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next