4. Harlan 
5. Corbin 
6. South Laurel 
7. Bell County 
8. Williamsburg 
9. Lynn Camp
10 Clay County 
10. OBI ( Sleeper Team )

Understand this ranking but I still think North is better than Harlan County. While Noah is a phenomenal player I don't believe Harlan County is on the same level as Knox and North at this point. They could get there, but not there yet.
1. KC
2. NL
3. Harlan Co.
4. Corbin
5. SL
6. Bell Co.
7. Harlan Ind.
8. Lynn Camp
9. Clay Co.
10. Williamsburg
Based on the results so far, Clay and Oneida are not top 10 teams.
(12-07-2021, 11:57 AM)64SUR Wrote:
(10-22-2021, 01:03 PM)64SUR Wrote: 1. Knox Central 
2. North Laurel 
3. Corbin 
4. Harlan 
5. OBI 
6. Harlan County
7. South Laurel 
8. Bell County
9. Williamsburg 
10. Lynn Camp 

My sleeper team this year OBI

64SUR update 12-7-21

1. Knox Central 
2. Harlan County
3. North Laurel 
4. Harlan 
5. Corbin 
6. South Laurel 
7. Bell County 
8. Williamsburg 
9. Lynn Camp
10 Clay County 
10. OBI ( Sleeper Team )
64SUR Update 12-12-21 Shake Up Week
1. North Laurel- Blow out win against Corbin this week
2. South Laurel- Wins Toyota Classic 
3. Knox Central- Runner up in WYMT 
4. Harlan- Finish 3rd in WYMT beating a good Breathitt County team
5. Williamsburg-Beat Harlan County at the buzzer 
6. Harlan County- 
7. Corbin- 
8. Bell County- Still waiting on a big win
9. Lynn Camp 
10. Pineville- Beat Clay County & OBI 

( Bonus teams either one of these teams could be a top 10 team at the #10 spot)
Whitley County, Jackson County, Clay County & OBI
(12-12-2021, 12:32 PM)64SUR Wrote:
2. North Laurel 
3. Corbin 
4. Harlan 
5. OBI 
6. Harlan County
7. South Laurel 
8. Bell County
9. Williamsburg 
10. Lynn Camp 

64SUR update 12-7-21

1. Knox Central 
2. Harlan County
3. North Laurel 
4. Harlan 
5. Corbin 
6. South Laurel 
7. Bell County 
8. Williamsburg 
9. Lynn Camp
10 Clay County 
10. OBI ( Sleeper Team )
6. Harlan County- 
7. Corbin- 
9. Lynn Camp 

All of you are biased, and don't like Whitley County. Go Colonels!
(12-12-2021, 12:32 PM)64SUR Wrote:
2. North Laurel 
3. Corbin 
4. Harlan 
5. OBI 
6. Harlan County
7. South Laurel 
8. Bell County
9. Williamsburg 
10. Lynn Camp 

64SUR update 12-7-21

1. Knox Central 
2. Harlan County
3. North Laurel 
4. Harlan 
5. Corbin 
6. South Laurel 
7. Bell County 
8. Williamsburg 
9. Lynn Camp
10 Clay County 
10. OBI ( Sleeper Team )
6. Harlan County- 
7. Corbin- 
9. Lynn Camp 

My Christmas Update 12/25

1. North Laurel 
2. Knox Central 
3. Harlan County,South Laurel,Corbin,Harlan
7. Bell County, Williamsburg 
9. Lynn Camp 
10. Whitley County 
Look who made my top 10 Pjdoug. Lol!!
[-] The following 2 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!, pjdoug
Clay lost again today but seem to be getting better. Looks like coach Gray has his more talented athletes on the floor lately. Going to be interesting down the stretch!
After tonight I’m going with a Top 10 of:
1 Knox Central
2 North Laurel
3 Harlan County
4 (tie) Bell
4 (tie) Harlan
6 South Laurel
7 Corbin
8 Lynn Camp
9 Barbourville
10 Williamsburg

I still think Jackson County and Whitley are good and everyone else is mediocre.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ArJay's post:
  • 64SUR
1. NL
2. Knox Central
3. Harlan Co.
4. SL
5. Bell Co.
6. Corbin
7. Harlan Ind.
8. Lynn Camp
9. Barbourville
10. Williamsburg
Good ranking Professor. You can’t really go by records much with rankings because a lot of teams are playing really weak schedules trying to rack up wins. In the end I think it hurts a lot of teams doing this.
Thanks! The way I see it, North and Knox are the favorites. The next group, HC, South, Bell and Corbin could win it, if the draw is right. The last group, Harlan Ind, Lynn Camp, Barbourville and Williamsburg could pull an upset, but I don’t see any of those able to win it all. The region is strong! It should be exciting to see it all unfold.
I don't see Harlan being in that third group. They just beat everyone in the All A by 40-plus. I'd rank them fourth at this point.
Real powerhouse tournament, the 13th region All A...lol. You know Red Bird had a a Covid outbreak and was playing some kids from their middle school? Their performance in that particular tournament doesn’t sway my opinion on them. They can beat you on a given night if they hit the three. With that said, let me edit my post. NL, Knox are the favorites. HC, SL, Bell Co., Corbin are the next group. I’ll put Harlan alone in the third group as a team that can pull an upset. The last group, LC, Barbourville, Williamsburg are long shots at best.
True, the tourney wasn't very strong overall. I think they are definitely in the same group as the ones you have above them though. I will be curious to see how the Bell game goes.
Yeah my only real disagreement with Professor is I think he is underrating Harlan a little. I think a lot of the All A teams are decent but playing very weak schedules. Unlike Harlan who has played a lot of good teams.
Who would you say Harlan Ind’s biggest win is to date? I don’t see one that stands out.

Of that group, Harlan Co. has 20 point + wins over Perry Central, South, Bell Co., and Corbin and just beat Harlan pretty handily by 15 (led by as many as 22 I think in that one); South Laurel has impressive wins over Knox Central and Corbin; Bell Co. has wins over Harlan County, South Laurel, and Corbin. Again, I don’t see a win on Harlan’s resume that stands out. They are 0-6 versus the better teams on their schedule (Harlan Co., Pikeville, Perry Central, Dixie Heights). They did beat Breathitt...I guess that’s their best win.
Breathitt is a very good win. They played some really good teams to very close games. I would say no bad losses. But they haven’t payed many top region teams so we will no more soon.

Breathitt is a very good win. They played some really good teams to very close games.
You might not get a chance to see them play a good regional opponent very often. It looks like they have Bell, Harlan Co. left with Knox Central in there. So, they haven’t scheduled very strong within the region. Counting the Harlan County and Bell district matchups, looks like they only have Knox Central. The rest looks like All A regional opponents. With that said, not sure how HCS or whoever can argue with them being behind NL, KC, HC, SL, Bell, Corbin. By the way, they are 7th in the current RPI ranking in the region too, coming in behind those very 6.
For whatever reason they aren’t playing a lot of the bigger region teams and my guess is a lot of the smaller region teams won’t schedule them. I think them winning the district last year has earned them some respect in my and HCS’s eyes as well.
Harlan beat Bell and HC last year to win the district. They beat Frederick Douglass (I know they are down a little from usual probably), but still a big win over a Lexington school. Breathitt is the No. 1 team in the 14th, probably, and they beat Knott, the defending 14th champ, and played Pikeville close at home. I don't think Bell should be ahead of them until Bell beats them since Bell's schedule hasn't been that tough either overall.
You’re right, FD is down. Knott Co. is middle of the pack in the 14th..not very good. I hope you’re not counting Knott as a good win..lol. As far as last year, it’s exactly that, last year. This year they are 1-7 versus the better teams on their schedule and just got thumped by an HC team you pointed out that they beat LAST YEAR. I’m pretty sure HC’s all state guard played that game on a broken foot, but I guess we aren’t taking that in to account, because that was last year. Aren’t you a sports writer? Do I have the right person? If you are, you gotta be better than this.

And, let me add. Harlan is a good team..I’m not taking anything away from them. They are a dangerous squad that if hitting the three, can beat anyone on a given night. But, your argument has to be better than they beat Knott County and beat Red Bird by 40 in the All A.
I'd put Harlan fourth right now behind North, KC and HC and had them third until I saw what I did Saturday. Harlan was the more aggressive/better team the last two times they played. HC looks like they have grown up some even though it will definitely be tougher at Harlan. I saw HC play South and Corbin from the same spot as the Harlan game and I thought Harlan was better.
Ok, eye test. I can respect that, but you can’t convince me or anyone else anything based on last year, the All A, or beating a middling Knott Co. squad. Better HCS, that’s acceptable
My All A point was you putting them in the same group as teams they had just demolished. You must have re-thought that point when you put them in another category. Some had Lynn Camp ranked ahead of Harlan a week or two ago. Harlan had been playing really well, making the win by HC even more impressive.
I did re-think putting them in that group. But, I did have them ranked ahead of those teams to begin with. So, I never said LC, Barbourville, Williamsburg were better. I stand by my point earlier that in my opinion, they aren’t good enough to win the region. They can absolutely upset someone above them on the list. Was I right when I pointed out that Harlan County’s Noah played both games against Harlan last year on a broken foot? That made a difference...no denying it. With a healthy Noah, an emerging Swanner and Huff at point, becoming one of the regions best, this is a different team entirely than last years version.
1. North Laurel
2. Harlan Co.
3. Knox Central
4. Bell Co.
5. South Laurel
6. Corbin
7. Harlan Ind.
8. Lynn Camp
9. Williamsburg
10. Barbourville
Who thinks Harlan County leaves Corbin with a win??? Something tells me they won't.
Harlan County is quite a bit better IMO, but it will be tough. Corbin is always a tough place to play. With that said, I think HC will come out of there with the win. Too much fire power for the Black Bears in this one.

HC 81
Corbin 70