7. South Laurel 
8. Bell County
9. Williamsburg 
10. Lynn Camp 

My sleeper team this year OBI

They'll be asleep for sure.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • TakeOver12
Clay is doing their best to become a perennial non-entity in the 13th region. What a shame...when will someone take accountability for the state of the program?
What am I missing? I would think North Laurel is clearly #1. Did Knox bring back everyone other than Turner?
If things hold true to form , you can count on:

1. Corbin beating Knox Central like a MAGA supporter beats on the doors of the Capitol
2. South Laurel beating Corbin like a monkey beats its meat
3. Knox having more young Turners than Ike and Tina put together
[-] The following 3 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • 64SUR, FootballFan1999, TakeOver12
(10-28-2021, 05:36 PM)14th_region_fan Wrote: What am I missing? I would think North Laurel is clearly #1. Did Knox bring back everyone other than Turner?

Jaguars are #1
(10-28-2021, 06:33 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: If things hold true to form , you can count on:

1. Corbin beating Knox Central like a MAGA supporter beats on the doors of the Capitol
2. South Laurel beating Corbin like a monkey beats its meat
3. Knox having more young  Turners than Ike and Tina put together

Lots of recruiting, I mean adoptions.
(10-28-2021, 05:36 PM)14th_region_fan Wrote: What am I missing? I would think North Laurel is clearly #1. Did Knox bring back everyone other than Turner?

You're missing what happened at the end of last season. I think you could make a case for North with the talent they have, but both have basically everyone back and Knox was clearly better at the end of the season. They were also better this summer. They also bring back four starters, including Turner.
I expect Whitley County to improve a lot this year.
(10-29-2021, 12:36 AM)pjdoug Wrote: I expect Whitley County to improve a lot this year.
I do too.  

I miss watching that kid they had at guard a couple or three years ago that could shoot the lights out from as far out as he wanted. Red-headed youngster. I always have trouble remembering his name. Help me out, Dougie!!!   He got a standing ovation from me in his last HS game(it was at Corbin). Loved watching that young man!!!
(10-30-2021, 01:37 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-29-2021, 12:36 AM)pjdoug Wrote: I expect Whitley County to improve a lot this year.
I do too.  

I miss watching that kid they had at guard a couple or three years ago that could shoot the lights out from as far out as he wanted. Red-headed youngster. I always have trouble remembering his name. Help me out, Dougie!!!   He got a standing ovation from me in his last HS game(it was at Corbin). Loved watching that young man!!!

Cory Johnson, he was a good player and young man.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • 64SUR
(11-01-2021, 11:32 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:
(10-30-2021, 01:37 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
I do too.  

Cory Johnson, he was a good player and young man.
Yep, that's him. Thanks Boss.    Loved watching him play. Seemed like a good kid, too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115
 Better not play OBI this year
(11-08-2021, 09:21 PM)64SUR Wrote:

Not afraid of anybody. Bring it on.
(11-09-2021, 12:34 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 09:21 PM)64SUR Wrote:

Not afraid of anybody. Bring it on.
Here is the number to call if you ain’t afraid 606-OBI-6464
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
OBI 1 Kenobi LOL
(11-10-2021, 05:39 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: OBI 1 Kenobi LOL

They don't want none.lol
OBI might shock some teams this year. They look to have the talent.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • 64SUR
(11-11-2021, 12:58 AM)Hound05 Wrote: OBI might shock some teams this year. They look to have the talent.
Every year we hear OBI will shock people, they could beat Jackson Co, Clay, Red Bird, Middlesbrough and Barbourville in the Region. They do have a good coach and maybe in a few years they will make some noise. I believe they got a few kids from up North East. Looks like the Roark kid from Clay came over I believe he's a freshman and probably be the staring point guard. Rumor mill says they are tiring to get Roark's 6'3"cousin who's paying at another 13th region middle school. Looking at their schedule I'm saying they will win around 14 games.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BallAlcoholic's post:
  • 64SUR
(11-12-2021, 09:47 AM)BallAlcoholic Wrote:
(11-11-2021, 12:58 AM)Hound05 Wrote: OBI might shock some teams this year. They look to have the talent.
Every year we hear OBI will shock people, they could beat Jackson Co, Clay, Red Bird, Middlesbrough and Barbourville in the Region. They do have a good coach and maybe in a few years they will make some noise. I believe they got a few kids from up North East. Looks like the Roark kid from Clay came over I believe he's a freshman and probably be the staring point guard. Rumor mill says they are tiring to get Roark's 6'3"cousin who's paying at another 13th region middle school. Looking at their schedule I'm saying they will win around 14 games.

Sounds like you are saying they are regions bound. If they beat Clay,Jackson and Redbird time to make some noise this year.
So Honestly....Do you guys think OBI can beat Clay this year, I think you guys may selling the Tigers Short, they've got some athletes or should have, do I remember these guys being competitive in Middle School; or am I thinking wrong.
Basketball in Clay Co. is different. Isn't the head coach at OBI teaching in the Clay Co. School System?
(11-15-2021, 11:40 PM)Spoozer12 Wrote: So Honestly....Do you guys think OBI can beat Clay this year, I think you guys may selling the Tigers Short, they've got some athletes or should have, do I remember these guys being competitive in Middle School; or am I thinking wrong.

Yes, Yes and Yes
I never thought I'd see the day when Clay County basketball in both boys and girls shouldn't be in the top 10 of the region. New leadership is needed for both teams otherwise this is the new normal.
Who makes OBI a contender? No roster listed on KHSAA.
(11-15-2021, 11:40 PM)Spoozer12 Wrote: So Honestly....Do you guys think OBI can beat Clay this year, I think you guys may selling the Tigers Short, they've got some athletes or should have, do I remember these guys being competitive in Middle School; or am I thinking wrong.
I think Obi has a shot at beating clay at least once this year. As far as Clays middle school team they do have a decent batch. Some held back and they lost one to OBI. Middle school success doesn't always equal high school success.
(11-17-2021, 12:23 PM)cchsfan4life Wrote: I never thought I'd see the day when Clay County basketball in both boys and girls shouldn't be in the top 10 of the region.  New leadership is needed for both teams otherwise this is the new normal.

Saw where Betsy Lane beat Clay by 29 in a scrimmage Saturday .
I look for a lot of movement in the top 10 but not so much in the top 2 or 3. I see North and Knox a step above the rest