Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Garrard County 22 Paintsville 14
Going to jump on the Paintsville bandwagon, Why would a 4A that just run the ball all night long never pass the ball want to play a 1A across the road. Geez!! 1A teams need to play teams that run & pass.
Great job Golden Lions!
This is a stunning result.
Congrats to the Golden Lions!
(09-26-2021, 09:12 PM)64SUR Wrote: Going to jump on the Paintsville bandwagon,  Why would a 4A that just run the ball all night long never pass the ball want to play a 1A across the road.  Geez!! 1A teams need to play teams that run & pass.

Garrard County had a receiver with 9 receptions in this game.
(09-26-2021, 09:12 PM)64SUR Wrote: Going to jump on the Paintsville bandwagon,  Why would a 4A that just run the ball all night long never pass the ball want to play a 1A across the road.  Geez!! 1A teams need to play teams that run & pass.

I never would have guessed that you'd jump on a bandwagon. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Granny Bear
(09-27-2021, 10:24 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

I never would have guessed that you'd jump on a bandwagon. lol
PJDoug he is always jumping the band wagon lol
[-] The following 2 users Like Patriot1's post:
  • Granny Bear, pjdoug
(09-26-2021, 12:06 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
I’ll go ahead and cast an early vote to ban all JC/Paintsville talk. We’ve done it in the past and I can already see where this is going.

I'm sure you would like it banned, then it can't be pointed out JC/Paintsville played many years in the Apple Bowl.  And you guys were as happy as pigs in mud to beat JC the majority of the games.  Soon as Matney arrived and put running clocks on Paintsville early... that's it, we quit, not playing you guys no more. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes ekywildcat's post:
  • BigLew75
(09-27-2021, 02:49 PM)ekywildcat Wrote:
I’ll go ahead and cast an early vote to ban all JC/Paintsville talk. We’ve done it in the past and I can already see where this is going.

I'm sure you would like it banned, then it can't be pointed out JC/Paintsville played many years in the Apple Bowl.  And you guys were as happy as pigs in mud to beat JC the majority of the games.  Soon as Matney arrived and put running clocks on Paintsville early... that's it, we quit, not playing you guys no more. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Gentlemen, I don’t give a rats’ sass about everyone talking about how proud you are that a small Class A school stopped playing you. Last I checked Paintsville is the 8th smallest school in the entire state that plays football. All I was saying id that whenever we go down this pointless road, the moderators of this site step in and issue warning and ultimately suspensions. Never fails.

JC has won state championships since this game was stopped and so has Paintsville. It is sad that there’s still a small percentage of JC fans that would rather beat Paintsville than prepare for a state championship run.
(09-27-2021, 03:58 PM)2000PHS Wrote:

Gentlemen, I don’t give a rats’ sass about everyone talking about how proud you are that a small Class A school stopped playing you. Last I checked Paintsville is the 8th smallest school in the entire state that plays football. All I was saying id that whenever we go down this pointless road, the moderators of this site step in and issue warning and ultimately suspensions. Never fails.

JC has won state championships since this game was stopped and so has Paintsville. It is sad that there’s still a small percentage of JC fans that would rather beat Paintsville than prepare for a state championship run.
Two teams needed a game. You'd rather drive two plus hours to get beat down than play in your own backyard. Can't have Central ruin the D1 Factory Recruiting Pitch.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Diogenes's post:
  • BigLew75
(09-27-2021, 05:01 PM)Diogenes Wrote:

Two teams needed a game. You'd rather drive two plus hours to get beat down than play in your own backyard. Can't have Central ruin the D1 Factory Recruiting Pitch.
22-14 is a beat down. Got it.

(09-27-2021, 05:53 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 05:01 PM)Diogenes Wrote:

22-14 is a beat down. Got it.
Why do YOU want this game played? It does nothing to prepare you for a title run?
(09-11-2021, 10:16 AM)Spud6 Wrote: At this point you gotta say screw RPI if you are Pikeville. Folks in KY won’t play them if there’s cancellations

(09-26-2021, 02:22 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: Well if JetPilot can stand with 2000PHS I can too. It’s better to lay that egg now than in the playoffs and believe me as a Pikeville fan I know. Every team has a bad game and for some they are worse than bad. Paintsville will be back to much talent on that team not to be. Still think it’s going to be interesting in the East this year but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Raceland can relate as well laid a gigantic egg against Russell. It’s all about November and December
I wanna apologize for anything negative I said towards Paintsville, I wish the tigers the best and will be rooting for them.
[-] The following 3 users Like Gold River's post:
  • 2000PHS, Bull got out!, jetpilot
(09-28-2021, 06:47 PM)Gold River Wrote: I wanna apologize for anything negative I said towards Paintsville, I wish the tigers the best and will be rooting for them.
Time to mourn and then heal as a community.
[-] The following 3 users Like 2000PHS's post:
  • Bull got out!, jetpilot, Josiewales
(09-28-2021, 06:47 PM)Gold River Wrote: I wanna apologize for anything negative I said towards Paintsville, I wish the tigers the best and will be rooting for them.

I agree, the school and people have been extremely kind and gracious since the news came out.  I appreciate that. (As have many other schools and staff, which I also appreciate.) Some things are bigger than just 
football, unfortunately.
[-] The following 3 users Like Diogenes's post:
  • 2000PHS, Bull got out!, Josiewales