Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Garrard County 22 Paintsville 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.
I won’t say what I’m thinking. I will just congratulate Garrard County.
Wow, Just saying
I bet Paintsville will have a lot of sore ankles in the morning because Montavin Qusinberry twisted a few out there tonight. He was clearly the best player on the field. Paintsville had no answer for him. Then he had the game ending INT on defense. And just a freshman.
Didn’t someone say they were the best team in paintsville? And I’m not being facetious. I’m not real familiar with GC either. Are they one Of those dangerous teams that if you don’t show up and play you’ll get slapped? Everyone has a bad night. Be interesting to know the details in this one
Love to see it! Definitely not the best team in Paintsville.
(09-25-2021, 11:49 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]Didn’t someone say they were the best team in paintsville? And I’m not being facetious. I’m not real familiar with GC either. Are they one Of those dangerous teams that if you don’t show up and play you’ll get slapped? Everyone has a bad night. Be interesting to know the details in this one
Well, the Quisenberry kid is the real deal, and they have a pretty big line. However they are our lone win of the season so far...go figure. I have no clue how Garrard didn't lose by at least 21...However Garrard has had a team or 3 ranked in the top 10 in 3A over the years. Garrard came a HAIR of beating Danville early in the season, and their fullback broke his neck that game. If they still had him I could see them making a run at somewhere in the 8 to 10 range of 3A. But the Quisenberry kid (2nd year freshman if I recall), is VERY hard to contain unless you have a solid team defense. His senior year he will be getting a lot of talk around the state, IMO.
Way to go Golden Lions! This one is surprising.
(09-25-2021, 11:29 PM)Footballfan33 Wrote: [ -> ]I bet Paintsville will have a lot of sore ankles in the morning because Montavin Qusinberry  twisted a few out there tonight. He was clearly the best player on the field. Paintsville had no answer for him. Then he had the game ending INT on defense. And just a freshman.

I need to bring him to Whitley County. lol
#5 for Garrard is a freshman? Yeah he’s going to have plenty of phone calls and texts in the future from colleges. Probably not at QB but at slot or CB or something. The kid was the best player on the field and no one was really close and that’s hard to say when Phelps is on the other side for Paintsville.
(09-25-2021, 11:49 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]Didn’t someone say they were the best team in paintsville?

The tigers haven't been the best team in Paintsville since Matney arrived at JC.
Best team in Paintsville? Hmmm…this was an opportunity to prove that and play up another class for RPI.. but, they chose what they perceived an easier game. IMO. We all know who the best team in Paintsville/Johnson County is.
(09-26-2021, 11:28 AM)Old guy Wrote: [ -> ]Best team in Paintsville? Hmmm…this was an opportunity to prove that and play up another class for RPI.. but, they chose what they perceived an easier game. IMO. We all know who the best team in Paintsville/Johnson County is.
How'd that work out for them? Not too good.
Paintsville was too scared to play JCHS, but they play schools that go up against Central. Makes no sense. It’s clear who the best team in Johnson County is.
Man for a small class school Paintsville sure does live rent free in y’all’s heads.

If #5 of a freshman, wow.

I’ll go ahead and cast an early vote to ban all JC/Paintsville talk. We’ve done it in the past and I can already see where this is going.
(09-26-2021, 12:06 PM)2000PHS Wrote: [ -> ]Man for a small class school Paintsville sure does live rent free in y’all’s heads.

I’ll go ahead and cast an early vote to ban all JC/Paintsville talk. We’ve done it in the past and I can already see where this is going.
You can’t ban what people talk about they will just go talk about it somewhere else. That made no sense. I feel like jc fans would let it go if they where have a valid reason why you don’t play them but yet claim to be the best team in Paintsville. It astounds me that they offered to come play at your all’s field that wouldn’t hold 1/10th of there fans and you all still declined.
I’ve never claimed we are the best in town. Football is classed for a reason. It is astonishing that y’all care so much about playing a class A school. Close the yearbook.

(09-26-2021, 01:22 PM)2000PHS Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve never claimed we are the best in town. Football is classed for a reason. It is astonishing that y’all care so much about playing a class A school. Close the yearbook.
And I assure you they can ban what you talk about on here.
Shame on you JC fans for making me take up for Paintsville lol. 2000PHS is 100% right. Jeez already.
As for the game, too many turnovers in the red zone. Paintsville is better than what they showed last night but all that matters is the score and we lost. Just keep getting better.
(09-26-2021, 01:22 PM)2000PHS Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve never claimed we are the best in town. Football is classed for a reason. It is astonishing that y’all care so much about playing a class A school. Close the yearbook.

That sounds like what someone from Paintsville would say. Then why does PHS play 3 and 4A schools, but not Central? Next week you all are playing a 4A school. Also it won’t be the first time I’m banned from something. Ban me.
(09-26-2021, 12:06 PM)2000PHS Wrote: [ -> ]Man for a small class school Paintsville sure does live rent free in y’all’s heads.

It amazes me that the JC/Paintsville talk is still a thing in 2021.  JC should be worried about Boyle Co, Corbin, Franklin Co and winning another state title not one of the smallest schools in KY.  

Tough loss for the Tigers on the road.  This is still a very talented team and I expect them to make a deep run in the playoffs.
Well if JetPilot can stand with 2000PHS I can too. It’s better to lay that egg now than in the playoffs and believe me as a Pikeville fan I know. Every team has a bad game and for some they are worse than bad. Paintsville will be back to much talent on that team not to be. Still think it’s going to be interesting in the East this year but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Congrats to Garrard Co. This last season and a half has been hard on that school.
(09-26-2021, 01:45 PM)BigLew75 Wrote: [ -> ]

That sounds like what someone from Paintsville would say. Then why does PHS play 3 and 4A schools, but not Central? Next week you all are playing a 4A school. Also it won’t be the first time I’m banned from something. Ban me.
Why do you care? Seriously? I don’t have the power to ban people nor want it to happen. But the schools don’t play in football so it’s only going to take a turn for the worst on here. Always does.
I’m not gonna bash pikeville fans for taking up for Paintsville but they don’t understand how things really are with Paintsville. As for “taking a vote” that’s ridiculous to do that or threaten to ban someone for talking about something high school sports related
(09-26-2021, 02:31 PM)Blue dawg Wrote: [ -> ]I’m not gonna bash pikeville fans for taking up for Paintsville but they don’t understand how things really are with Paintsville. As for “taking a vote” that’s ridiculous to do that or threaten to ban someone for talking about something high school sports related
Paintsville likes to ban their problems away. It’s the Tiger way!!!
Paintsville is young, they are gonna improve as the year moves on and lets face it, EVERYONE is 0-0 once the playoffs start.
Ya know i just cant see how JC and Paintsville cant have a normal rivalry. It ALWAYS spins completely out of control when stuff 
like this starts happening.  Paintsville has young team, a new coach, etc..  It wouldnt serve anybody to go out and just beat the tar out 
of them.  Also just bury this dead horse, the week is over.  Personally, im kind of looking forward to that Paintsville versus Betsy Layne
game later this month. Can the bobcats beat the Tigers this year?
For the record, I don’t want anyone banned and I certainly don’t have that authority. All Im saying/telling you new posters is that we have been down this road before and YES, in the past you were prohibited from talking about JC VS Paintsville in football threads. Hopefully, that happens again soon because it is totally pointless.
(09-26-2021, 04:38 PM)Thanks Hambley Wrote: [ -> ]Paintsville is young, they are gonna improve as the year moves on and lets face it, EVERYONE is 0-0 once the playoffs start.
Ya know i just cant see how JC and Paintsville cant have a normal rivalry. It ALWAYS spins completely out of control when stuff 
like this starts happening.  Paintsville has young team, a new coach, etc..  It wouldnt serve anybody to go out and just beat the tar out 
of them.  Also just bury this dead horse, the week is over.  Personally, im kind of looking forward to that Paintsville versus Betsy Layne
It isn’t even like that Paintsville mid 2000s and prior was was cool even when they beat the brakes off central like they did for 40 years there was respect, no hate is towards the kids  it’s the new people who have turned painstville the opposite direction. I mean someone above said they “ban” there problems that’s facts there “high up” not gonna say names even called the law during Johnson central’s 2019 state championship game to cause trouble for a tiger alumni who moved to central because painstville “banned” said person for no reason at all. That’s last I’ll say about it. As for the Betsy layne game painstville picks the score IMO
(09-26-2021, 07:46 PM)Blue dawg Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-26-2021, 04:38 PM)Thanks Hambley Wrote: [ -> ]Paintsville is young, they are gonna improve as the year moves on and lets face it, EVERYONE is 0-0 once the playoffs start.
It isn’t even like that Paintsville mid 2000s and prior was was cool even when they beat the brakes off central like they did for 40 years there was respect, no hate is towards the kids  it’s the new people who have turned painstville the opposite direction. I mean someone above said they “ban” there problems that’s facts there “high up” not gonna say names even called the law during Johnson central’s 2019 state championship game to cause trouble for a tiger alumni who moved to central because painstville “banned” said person for no reason at all. That’s last I’ll say about it. As for the Betsy layne game painstville picks the score IMO
Hopefully you feel better after getting that off your chest.  As for Central, I hope they win another title.
Pages: 1 2