Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pikeville
80.95%
Belfry
19.05%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pikeville @ Belfry 9/17
(09-14-2021, 09:46 AM)Panther Thunder Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 09:23 AM)bucslover68 Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 10:01 AM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^I agree with all of this. If Pikeville doesn't bring their A game the drive back will be very sad. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Dixon back at RB for this one. The QB experiment was a very bad idea and has failed. If there is any team that can get Belfry fired up and raise their level of play by a couple notches, it is Pikeville. Belfry is very very dangerous in this spot. You can throw out what they have done up to this point IMO.
Jet.  What is the calpreps pick for this game? I was thinking 35-10 Panthers.
Before he does, even Calpreps cautions use of the projections before October 1st lol
True. And even after 10/1 projections are just for fun. At best a projection + $1.00 will get you a Diet Coke at McDonalds. No projections from me on this game lol...
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Gus McCrae, Panther Thunder
(09-14-2021, 09:56 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 10:01 AM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^I agree with all of this. If Pikeville doesn't bring their A game the drive back will be very sad. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Dixon back at RB for this one. The QB experiment was a very bad idea and has failed. If there is any team that can get Belfry fired up and raise their level of play by a couple notches, it is Pikeville. Belfry is very very dangerous in this spot. You can throw out what they have done up to this point IMO.
Before he does, even Calpreps cautions use of the projections before October 1st lol
True. And even after 10/1 projections are just for fun. At best a projection + $1.00 will get you a Diet Coke at McDonalds. No projections from me on this game lol...
Dang Jet your heart getting softer these days lol ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes bucslover68's post:
  • jetpilot
(09-14-2021, 10:02 AM)bucslover68 Wrote:
Not at all lol. We both know how dangerous Belfry is in this spot. A win over Belfry has never been a foregone conclusion in my lifetime. If Belfry has 0 turnovers as they are due for a game like that, what is your prediction 68?
(09-14-2021, 10:13 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 10:02 AM)bucslover68 Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 09:23 AM)bucslover68 Wrote: Jet.  What is the calpreps pick for this game? I was thinking 35-10 Panthers.
Not at all lol. We both know how dangerous Belfry is in this spot. A win over Belfry has never been a foregone conclusion in my lifetime. If Belfry has 0 turnovers as they are due for a game like that, what is your prediction 68?
Heart 28-27 Bucs.  Head, and prolly correct,  28-14 Panthers.
Dixon stays at QB -  PIKEVILLE - 42     BELFRY - 14

Dixon moves to RB - PIKEVILLE - 42   BELFRY - 20
I believe Pikeville can win this game but never take any game lightly especially this one. We all know of times when it was supposed to be a win for one team and it didn’t work out that way. Pikeville better come to pond creek ready to play but I think the will and as always GO PANTHERS!!!
I think this is Pikeville's year again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • Gus McCrae
I’ll be surprised if Pikeville doesn’t win this one. This will be 1 time that Pikeville just has too much for The Pirates to match up with.

Pikeville 35
Belfry 14
ttt

You know it's an alternative universe when you have to "ttt" a Pikeville/Belfry thread lol...
(09-15-2021, 04:26 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ttt

You know it's an alternative universe when you have to "ttt" a Pikeville/Belfry thread lol...
You could change that with a one sentence post haha 

I know what you think is going to happen, but you just can’t put it out in the universe lol
(09-15-2021, 08:18 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 04:26 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ttt

You could change that with a one sentence post haha 

I know what you think is going to happen, but you just can’t put it out in the universe lol
I know you are very smart by your posts on here but you aren't smart enough to read my mind lol...
Let me tell you what I know about Belfry/Pikeville rivalry...back in 30 minutes...
2000 is offline so I will wait until tomorrow.
(09-16-2021, 12:31 AM)jetpilot Wrote: 2000 is offline so I will wait until tomorrow.
Come on man!  You are the night shift entertainment lol
(09-16-2021, 12:41 AM)bucslover68 Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 12:31 AM)jetpilot Wrote: 2000 is offline so I will wait until tomorrow.
Come on man!  You are the night shift entertainment lol
Why is it up to me and all the Belfry fans don't post anymore. It seems like yesterday Belfry fans were wanting to hunt me down lol...
Last post in this thread and I'm serious.

Belfry 28, Pikeville 21. Belfry 0 turnovers after 100 in the first three games.
Any Pikeville fans who want to give me Belfry and points please bring a huge sack of money to the game.
I will be driving my beater like Swayze had in Roadhouse to the game and will park facing Pikeville in case I need a quick exit.
Annnnd if anyone needs sandbags for potential flood prevention, JP has them in massive quantities. Hahaha

I know what you said could potentially happen. It is the perfect scenario for Belfry to right the ship (pun intended).
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2000PHS's post:
  • BoondockSaint
My gut tells me Pikeville by 3 tds but it would not surprise me to see a 14-7 game going either way.
this game not going be live? Mt Top Sports or anything?
(09-16-2021, 01:59 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Last post in this thread and I'm serious.

Any Pikeville fans who want to give me Belfry and points please bring a huge sack of money to the game.
I will be driving my beater like Swayze had in Roadhouse to the game and will park facing Pikeville in case I need a quick exit.

So is that your prediction? If so I’m a little worried..
Pikeville will win this game by at least 2 touchdowns. Just read the news express article preview of the game and mentions Lockhart kid as playing as good as anyone in the state. Taking nothing away from him because he is great athlete but Birchfield is best player on the Panthers. I’ve watched every game this year and he is THE guy for them. Issac Dixon and he will be the best 2 of many good players on the field tonight.
I have heard it will not be on MTM. Have not heard anything else related to streaming.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Panther Thunder's post:
  • cuppett777
It’s GAME DAY Panthers time to get ready. Big rivals tonight take the field and who wants it the worst? Play your game Panthers and you will be fine and I do seeing you guys winning this game. But as always GO PANTHERS!!!
(09-17-2021, 02:55 AM)bac2369 Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 01:59 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Last post in this thread and I'm serious.

So is that your prediction? If so I’m a little worried..
I think Pikeville wins if they bring their A game.

I watched Belfry versus Central and Belfry versus Cov Cath. Looks to me that Belfry has gone back to their histrorical flex bone offense 90% of the time. You still might see Dixon take a couple snaps but i think the experiment failed. #11 who is listed as a sophmore took most of the snaps at Central and really its just gonna take reps for him and the rest of the offense to get their timing down. To me, Belfry looks like a team that is better then what their record would indicate, they just havent put two halves together. The Pirates have the weapons to beat the Panthers if Pikeville is not mentally ready to play. Throw out records, talent, projections, etc... This game is a street fight, it always has been.

Cal Preps projection on this game is Pikeville 60 Belfry 0.... We all know that aint gonna happen. Cal preps is a great tool and usually has projections within a TD or so. That being said, it gets a lot more accurate after 7-8 games and doesnt take into account rivalries
Cal Preps also predicts Betsy Layne would beat Belfry and Lawrence county would win 48-21 vs Belfry. I think Belfry comes out and plays their most inspired football of the season and makes the game competitive. Not going to predict the final score but I think both teams will have a shot to win the game in the 4th quarter.
As an outsider looking in, I think this will be a close game, and Belfry could very well win it if Pikeville doesn't bring their A game. If I am not mistaken, Pikeville hasn't beaten Belfry by double digits since 2000. I look for that trend to continue. I am just glad that this is no longer a one sided rivalry. I have great respect for Belfry and am a Belfry fan, but in this one I have to say, "Go Panthers!!!"
(09-17-2021, 11:05 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: Cal Preps also predicts Betsy Layne would beat Belfry and Lawrence county would win 48-21 vs Belfry. I think Belfry comes out and plays their most inspired football of the season and makes the game competitive. Not going to predict the final score but I think both teams will have a shot to win the game in the 4th quarter.

Isn't that great to see!!!
pikeville with the big win tonight over belfry
Dixon isn’t playing. 

Panthers roll big, a lot bigger than they would have with Dixon on the field for the Pirates. I really believe the Panthers were, at the very least, a 2 TD favorite with a healthy Dixon.  

The clock will run continuously at some point in the 3rd quarter unless Pikeville turns the ball over multiple times in the 1st half.
Sounds like Dixon should of moved over to Pikeville for his 5th year.