Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Class 4A AP Poll 9/6
(09-08-2021, 03:50 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(09-07-2021, 09:58 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(09-07-2021, 09:05 PM)Colonelfan72 Wrote: How many players from Knox Central have started for Corbin so far?
1 that I’m aware of. And he played at Corbin last year. And the one waiting to play transferred from KC to another school last year. So I don’t even know why KC has an argument on him, but you know how that goes. A kid can literally go from a school around here to any other one, and it’s no big deal. But if they go to Corbin, it’s Like someone p!ssed in their Cheerios. It’s not gonna change, and kids aren’t going to STOP coming to Corbin. They always make it out about sports, but we are always in the top in regards to education, graduation. Someone even mentioned about how teachers want to come to Corbin. I guess they wanna come here for football too. Some people…….. just need to get over it. 

how did Whitley look Friday pj?

They looked pretty good. They've given great effort all year. They just don't have the numbers.
Zeke's a great guy and they will play hard for him all the time. He will teach them a lot about overcoming obstacles and achieving success.
(09-08-2021, 05:44 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Until Coach Matney returns to the sidelines, I would rank 4A as follows:

1. Corbin and Boyle County (tie)
3. Johnson Central
4. Franklin Country and Central (tie)
6. Lexington Catholic

Before Coach Matney was sidelined with health issues, I would have ranked the top three teams tied. I don't think that anybody can be sure of how games between those three would turn out. Johnson Central has a great staff but having Jim Matney on the sidelines is worth a few points on both offense and defense. Nobody analyzes video and prepares any better than Matney.

Lexington Catholic definitely could move into one of the top 4 spots depending on how they do in their next few games. However, in the past Johnson Central's physical line play has given the Knights fits and they have not had any recent success against Boyle County either. Franklin County struggled last year when Nick Broyles missed some games with an injury, which is why I put them on the same line as Central.
First off obviously, I want nothing but the best for Jim. But with that said, most prepare for the worst. Who would call the Off. And def. for the eagles if he couldn’t come back? Or would one single person step up to do both.  Not very familiar with JC staff…

sent you a Pm as well.
(09-08-2021, 05:44 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(09-07-2021, 09:05 PM)Colonelfan72 Wrote: How many players from Knox Central have started for Corbin so far?
1 that I’m aware of. And he played at Corbin last year. And the one waiting to play transferred from KC to another school last year. So I don’t even know why KC has an argument on him, but you know how that goes. A kid can literally go from a school around here to any other one, and it’s no big deal. But if they go to Corbin, it’s Like someone p!ssed in their Cheerios. It’s not gonna change, and kids aren’t going to STOP coming to Corbin. They always make it out about sports, but we are always in the top in regards to education, graduation. Someone even mentioned about how teachers want to come to Corbin. I guess they wanna come here for football too. Some people…….. just need to get over it. 

They looked pretty good. They've given great effort all year. They just don't have the numbers.
Zeke's a great guy and they will play hard for him all the time. He will teach them a lot about overcoming obstacles and achieving success.

Need to recruit some players for him then see what he can do. lol
(09-08-2021, 10:44 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: Good Morning children!!!!

As you can see I have deleted posts, some because they contained deleted posts but most because they were off topic.

I don't need to list the rules here.  If you don't know them, go review them.

Next post off topic or insulting will earn you a vacation from BGR.  If you continue, you will be banned.

Have a wonderful day!!!!

I'm glad I was being a good boy. Some people don't know how to act. lol
[-] The following 3 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, Granny Bear, Hoot Gibson
(09-08-2021, 05:44 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Until Coach Matney returns to the sidelines, I would rank 4A as follows:

3. Johnson Central
6. Lexington Catholic

Before Coach Matney was sidelined with health issues, I would have ranked the top three teams tied. I don't think that anybody can be sure of how games between those three would turn out. Johnson Central has a great staff but having Jim Matney on the sidelines is worth a few points on both offense and defense. Nobody analyzes video and prepares any better than Matney.

Lexington Catholic definitely could move into one of the top 4 spots depending on how they do in their next few games. However, in the past Johnson Central's physical line play has given the Knights fits and they have not had any recent success against Boyle County either. Franklin County struggled last year when Nick Broyles missed some games with an injury, which is why I put them on the same line as Central.

I hope coach gets to feeling better soon.
(09-08-2021, 06:46 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

As you can see I have deleted posts, some because they contained deleted posts but most because they were off topic.

Next post off topic or insulting will earn you a vacation from BGR.  If you continue, you will be banned.

Have a wonderful day!!!!

Big Grin Big Grin Quit sucking up…
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Granny Bear
Tongue 
(09-08-2021, 06:58 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

Have a wonderful day!!!!

I stoked the fire and left. I didn't realize there was drama while I was gone. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • TD Hounds

Have a wonderful day!!!!

tell me what happened. lol
When granny snaps them fingers you boys start acting right. Hate I missed all the action, anybody got any screen shots of what went on. Lol. Easy to tell who all has been spanked with a switch.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • Bull got out!, Granny Bear, TD Hounds
I hurried and left before Granny Bear scolded me. lol
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115, TD Hounds
(09-08-2021, 08:09 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Have a wonderful day!!!!

Well there was this very nice man who appeared to be from Knox Co,  Hound 05 and Old School took exception to some of the nice things he said and really put him in his place.  I was busy reading my bible and drinking my chocolate milk and Granny (the fun sucker) came in and gave everyone two lashes and warnings of more to come, I’ve not seen that nice man since…
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115, Old School Hound
(09-08-2021, 09:41 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(09-08-2021, 08:09 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Have a wonderful day!!!!

Well there was this very nice man who appeared to be from Knox Co,  Hound 05 and Old School took exception to some of the nice things he said and really put him in his place.  I was busy reading my bible and drinking my chocolate milk and Granny (the fun sucker) came in and gave everyone two lashes and warnings of more to come, I’ve not seen that nice man since…
I wondered what happened to Pride. Granny Bear ruins everything. lol
Almost forgot Bull got out as always was very classy and paid very little attention to any of it, he was busy updating for Friday night
  • Bull got out!
(09-08-2021, 09:48 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Almost forgot Bull got out as always was very classy and paid very little attention to any of it, he was busy updating for Friday night

We got our focus on bigger and better things brother!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • TD Hounds
(09-08-2021, 09:51 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-08-2021, 09:48 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Almost forgot Bull got out as always was very classy and paid very little attention to any of it, he was busy updating for Friday night

We got our focus on bigger and better things brother!

Big Grin  Wink True dat
My motto is “ The Truth will set you free” . If ye be ignorant then let you be ignorant. Pretty much speaks for itself.
(09-08-2021, 09:55 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: My motto is “ The Truth will set you free” . If ye be ignorant then let you be ignorant. Pretty much speaks for itself.

I need to keep that in mind next time so I can keep Hound and Old School in line before the Granny Bear starts to roar…
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Hound05, Old School Hound
Granny Bear is as sweet as mountain honey.
(09-08-2021, 10:26 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Granny Bear is as sweet as mountain honey.

Big Grin Big Grin You only get one suck up session a day, you’ve already had your turn.
  • BEChargers
(09-08-2021, 10:43 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

Big Grin Big Grin You only get one suck up session a day, you’ve already had your turn.

Just telling it like it is. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • TD Hounds
(09-08-2021, 06:03 PM)Hound05 Wrote:

3. Johnson Central
6. Lexington Catholic

First off obviously, I want nothing but the best for Jim. But with that said, most prepare for the worst. Who would call the Off. And def. for the eagles if he couldn’t come back? Or would one single person step up to do both.  Not very familiar with JC staff…

sent you a Pm as well.
As I said in my reply to your PM, I am too far removed from the Johnson Central program to have a clue about who will fill Coach Matney's shoes until he returns to the sidelines. IMO, head coach is a one man job. Somebody has to have the final say on big game day decisions. JC obviously has a strong, experienced staff and I am sure that Coach Matney works to prepare them to be head coaches some day, either at JC or at another school, if that is their career goal.
(09-08-2021, 11:17 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

3. Johnson Central
6. Lexington Catholic

sent you a Pm as well.
As I said in my reply to your PM, I am too far removed from the Johnson Central program to have a clue about who will fill Coach Matney's shoes until he returns to the sidelines. IMO, head coach is a one man job. Somebody has to have the final say on big game day decisions. JC obviously has a strong, experienced staff and I am sure that Coach Matney works to prepare them to be head coaches some day, either at JC or at another school, if that is their career goal.
The whole situation is sad those boys need Matney, not just as a coach but a mentor. He has changed countless lives in the mountains all for which is the better. It’ll be intriguing to see who the district does makes interm head coach or if they do get one id imagine it would be some one on the staff already. Experience goes a long way but I feel like Blake gamble would be the man for the job in my personal opinion. He has the knowledge and drive to get them where they need to be.
(09-08-2021, 06:38 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(09-08-2021, 05:44 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Need to recruit some players for him then see what he can do. lol

When he gets the numbers and the talent, he will do well. I have a very high opinion of him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • pjdoug
(09-09-2021, 01:19 AM)Gold River Wrote:
(09-08-2021, 11:17 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

3. Johnson Central
6. Lexington Catholic

sent you a Pm as well.
The whole situation is sad those boys need Matney, not just as a coach but a mentor. He has changed countless lives in the mountains all for which is the better. It’ll be intriguing to see who the district does makes interm head coach or if they do get one id imagine it would be some one on the staff already. Experience goes a long way but I feel like Blake gamble would be the man for the job in my personal opinion. He has the knowledge and drive to get them where they need to be.
At this point, the only option is someone on staff. Or somewhat split it. Have the main guy but let the other coordinator do his thing. Didn’t work out to bad for haddix and Greer during their stint
(09-08-2021, 09:55 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: My motto is “ The Truth will set you free” . If ye be ignorant then let you be ignorant. Pretty much speaks for itself.

Just be careful of "Undisputed Truths."    lol

Sweeter, in fact.    Blush
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-07-2021, 01:02 PM)Tigerallamerican Wrote: I think Boyle is till getting beat up in the polls from losing to LCA which isn't right. LCA is a juggernaut. Boyle pounded Pulaski on Friday night and Lex Cath needed a 45 yard field goal with .01 on the clock to beat Pulaski. I will say 4 A is crowded at the top and seems to be a coin toss.

I agree I believe Lexington Catholic should be around the 4 Spot instead of 3!!!
This year Corbin team is the best team I have ever seen in eastern, Kentucky
Corbin should be #1
(09-09-2021, 02:46 PM)64SUR Wrote: This year Corbin team is the best team I have ever seen in eastern, Kentucky
Out of curiosity in your opinion would you say better than 2016 belfry
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gold River's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(09-09-2021, 04:06 PM)Gold River Wrote:
(09-09-2021, 02:46 PM)64SUR Wrote: This year Corbin team is the best team I have ever seen in eastern, Kentucky
Out of curiosity in your opinion would you say better than 2016 belfry

Personally I don’t think that comparison can be made even though I think I see what your doing.  That Belfry team accomplished many goals (including a state title) and I hope to see this year’s Redhounds do the same, but it’s way to early yet to get into this conversation.  I always like 64’s enthusiasm when it comes to the Hounds but that’s my opinion of things right now.f