3. Johnson Central 2-1
4. Boyle County 2-1
5. Franklin County 2-1
6. John Hardin 2-1
7. Logan co. 2-1
8. Lou Central 1-2
9. Letcher County Central 3-1
10. Knox Central 2-1

Others receiving votes: 11.Wayne Co. 12. Lincoln Co. 13. Franklin-Simpson 14. Holmes
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Tigerfan56
Should be:

1) Johnson central.
2/3) Corbin/Lex cath.
4. Boyle
5) Franklin

The rest, I have no clue. But seeing Lincoln co. Play last year and not losing a whole lot of production, I think they can beat anyone in the bottom 5. Still don’t think there’s much separation in the top 4 other than the addition of LC proving they can play, so I guess top 5 now. A lot of people looks at the loses and places a lot of emphasis and opinion on those in the top tier. Boyle lost to a very very good team, probably a finalist team, by few points. Franklin lost to a good Corbin team on the road with a fairly significant player not at 100% in the 2nd half. I will say I’d hate to be in Boyle and Lex caths district with those two solid teams. Boyle will have their hands full. But it just seems like Boyle has just had their number for the past couple years. But with new staff changes, it could be a very tough district. But district 7 won’t be a walk in the park either. I think the past years 2nd-4th we’re almost pretty even. Lincoln gave us a close one at home. And Knox central beat Wayne in the playoffs. This year I don’t think it’s as spread across with Wayne and KC taking a slight step back, but LC taking a step forward. Should be interesting in a couple weeks when districts start to unfold.
Right now, JC is where it needs to be. We have played one game against a pretty bad Henry Clay team. Corbin should be and is number 1 right now. IMO.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old guy's post:
  • maximus73
(09-07-2021, 08:23 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Should be:

1) Johnson central.
2/3) Corbin/Lex cath.
4. Boyle
5) Franklin

The rest, I have no clue. But seeing Lincoln co. Play last year and not losing a whole lot of production, I think they can beat anyone in the bottom 5. Still don’t think there’s much separation in the top 4 other than the addition of LC proving they can play, so I guess top 5 now. A lot of people looks at the loses and places a lot of emphasis and opinion on those in the top tier. Boyle lost to a very very good team, probably a finalist team, by few points. Franklin lost to a good Corbin team on the road with a fairly significant player not at 100% in the 2nd half. I will say I’d hate to be in Boyle and Lex caths district with those two solid teams. Boyle will have their hands full. But it just seems like Boyle has just had their number for the past couple years. But with new staff changes, it could be a very tough district. But district 7 won’t be a walk in the park either. I think the past years 2nd-4th we’re almost pretty even. Lincoln gave us a close one at home. And Knox central beat Wayne in the playoffs. This year I don’t think it’s as spread across with Wayne and KC taking a slight step back, but LC taking a step forward. Should be interesting in a couple weeks when districts start to unfold.

I think you are giving your best Lou Holtz impression. You really think Catholic is on par with Corbin ?  Nah.  Catholic defeated Pulaski by 2 points at home. Yes, they beat Cov. Cath but this isn't a dominant Cov. Cath team. It took some late scores, I think, for Lex Cath to win that one.  I think you are pretty sure your Hounds would drub the Catholics. And JC has played one game and against a terrible opponent. What have they done to deserve #1? Also, they are dealing with the coach's health issues. That can serve as a difficult distraction for young kids. Hopefully, they can fight through that. Let's face it,  Corbin is the top team right now whether we want that designation or not. Honestly, when it all shakes out at the end, its Haddix and Boyle that will probably be looking eye to eye with Corbin and ready to get down and dirty at Kroger.

Having said all that, so many variables come into play during a season; injuries, first and foremost. So, as in politics, the winds of change can blow in quickly in HS football changing the whole landscape. A bad break or two or an unfortunate injury or unseen circumstance could flip a team's season upside down. But, for now, it seems like Corbin has earned the #1 designation, whether we want it or not.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Hound05
(09-07-2021, 09:30 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

1) Johnson central.
2/3) Corbin/Lex cath.
4. Boyle
5) Franklin

I think you are giving your best Lou Holtz impression. You really think Catholic is on par with Corbin ?  Nah.  Catholic defeated Pulaski by 2 points at home. Yes, they beat Cov. Cath but this isn't a dominant Cov. Cath team. It took some late scores, I think,  for Lex Cath to win that one.  I think you are pretty sure your Hounds would drub the Catholics. And JC has played one game and against a terrible opponent. What have they done to deserve #1? Also, they are dealing with the coach's health issues. That can serve as a difficult distraction for young kids. Hopefully, they can fight through that. Let's face it,  Corbin is the top team right now whether we want that designation or not. Honestly, when it all shakes out at the end, its Haddix and Boyle that will probably be looking eye to eye with Corbin and ready to get down and dirty at Kroger.

Having said all that, so many variables come into play during a season; injuries, first and foremost. So, as in politics, the winds of change can blow in quickly in HS football changing the whole landscape. A bad break or two or an unfortunate injury or unseen circumstance could flip a team's season upside down. But, for now, it seems like Corbin has earned the #1 designation, whether we want it or not.
Smile Shhhhhhhhh. Don’t give them the truthful thoughts of mine. Most on here can’t handle it.
(09-07-2021, 09:45 AM)Hound05 Wrote:

1) Johnson central.
2/3) Corbin/Lex cath.
4. Boyle
5) Franklin

I think you are giving your best Lou Holtz impression. You really think Catholic is on par with Corbin ?  Nah.  Catholic defeated Pulaski by 2 points at home. Yes, they beat Cov. Cath but this isn't a dominant Cov. Cath team. It took some late scores, I think,  for Lex Cath to win that one.  I think you are pretty sure your Hounds would drub the Catholics. And JC has played one game and against a terrible opponent. What have they done to deserve #1? Also, they are dealing with the coach's health issues. That can serve as a difficult distraction for young kids. Hopefully, they can fight through that. Let's face it,  Corbin is the top team right now whether we want that designation or not. Honestly, when it all shakes out at the end, its Haddix and Boyle that will probably be looking eye to eye with Corbin and ready to get down and dirty at Kroger.

Smile Shhhhhhhhh. Don’t give them the truthful thoughts of mine. Most on here can’t handle it.

I give you an A+ for effort cause I agreed with exactly what you where doing…. To bad Old School wouldn’t play along, I bet he didn’t share juice boxes or the nudy pics back in the day either….
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Hound05, Old School Hound
Hard for me to get behind a team in the top 10 in 4a that just lost at home by 40 to a 1a school.

Seems like that should bump them out until others prove worse.
Looking forward to staying on top in 2021/22/23 . Lol Going to be a hell of a run.
I think Boyle is till getting beat up in the polls from losing to LCA which isn't right. LCA is a juggernaut. Boyle pounded Pulaski on Friday night and Lex Cath needed a 45 yard field goal with .01 on the clock to beat Pulaski. I will say 4 A is crowded at the top and seems to be a coin toss.
For a fan-base that hasn't won a State Championship in 40 years and lacks the personnel to stop the Johnson Central running game, you Corbin folks sure are confident. The passive-aggressive conversation pieces are really funny given the circumstances lol.

Johnson Central returns basically the exact same football team from last season. They are huge and outstanding up front. I encourage you to find footage of them on Youtube and then explain to me how your undersized defensive front-seven will attempt to slow the Eagles down.

Corbin looked good against a small, one-dimensional Franklin County team with the help of a little homecooking, congrats lol
^ Now that school spirit. See you down the road!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • pjdoug

1) Johnson central.
2/3) Corbin/Lex cath.
4. Boyle
5) Franklin

I know. Believe me, I get it.  #1 is a scary place to be sometimes.  Remember ,  UK 38-0 ? But true champions wear that #1 moniker with pride and say " Come on, I'll dare you to take it from us."  If you ever listened to Lou Holtz, you would think his teams had no chance against a good opponent. But he really knew better. Lou was a psychologist ; he was the ultimate sandbagger.  If Lou was the Corbin coach he would say, "we really got lucky against Franklin. Talent -wise they are so much better but we got some good breaks and played as well as we possibly could. The chances of us repeating that performance is infinitesimal. They would be huge favorites if we play them again. We are probably not near the top five right now. Hopefully, we can get some more breaks along the way and win a couple more games."   LOL

Some teams wilt under the pressure of great expectations. But those teams are not champions. Champions say, "You're damned right were #1 and we're gonna show you why."  Barring injuries or unforeseen  circumstances,  and I may be wrong, but I see the Redhounds embracing #1  and severely punishing any opponent who doubts them.

(09-07-2021, 01:10 PM)The Undisputed Truth Wrote: For a fan-base that hasn't won a State Championship in 40 years and lacks the personnel to stop the Johnson Central running game, you Corbin folks sure are confident. The passive-aggressive conversation pieces are really funny given the circumstances lol.

Johnson Central returns basically the exact same football team from last season. They are huge and outstanding up front. I encourage you to find footage of them on Youtube and then explain to me how your undersized defensive front-seven will attempt to slow the Eagles down.

Corbin looked good against a small, one-dimensional Franklin County team with the help of a little homecooking, congrats lol

I see why you are a "waterboy."
  • Hound05
(09-07-2021, 01:10 PM)The Undisputed Truth Wrote: For a fan-base that hasn't won a State Championship in 40 years and lacks the personnel to stop the Johnson Central running game, you Corbin folks sure are confident. The passive-aggressive conversation pieces are really funny given the circumstances lol.

From a fan base that has not won when y'all were in the class as Cov Cath and FT Highlands. It' took for them to move out of 4A to 5A for you all start winning state. Don't get me wrong, JC is good, but we don't need some dad or some glory day years (Al Bundy) on here trying to hype JC.
[-] The following 2 users Like A Tribe Called Quest's post:
  • Hound05, Old School Hound
(09-07-2021, 01:02 PM)Tigerallamerican Wrote: I think Boyle is till getting beat up in the polls from losing to LCA which isn't right. LCA is a juggernaut. Boyle pounded Pulaski on Friday night and Lex Cath needed a 45 yard field goal with .01 on the clock to beat Pulaski. I will say 4 A is crowded at the top and seems to be a coin toss.

I agree. Boyle is very good and shouldn't lose stature because of a loss to LCA, who is EXCEPTIONALLY good.  Boyle will be right there at the end.
(09-07-2021, 01:41 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:

From a fan base that has not won when y'all were in the class as Cov Cath and FT Highlands. It' took for them to move out of 4A to 5A for you all start winning state. Don't get me wrong, JC is good, but we don't need some dad or some glory day years (Al Bundy) on here trying to hype JC.
I'm not a Johnson Central fan or parent, and considering I played college football the Al Bundy comparison doesn't really work, though I get the feeling you probably wish that you had experienced the same level of success as Bundy in football. Furthermore, I will hype who I want, when I want. Your permission isn't required.

The truth can be difficult to hear sometimes. Especially when you're a fan of a program that is so desperate to win a state title and be considered relevant again that over half your starters are from other schools lol. Let's also not forget that Corbin is playing 4A football with a 5A enrollment, just as they were playing 3A football with a 4A enrollment a few years ago when they got to back to back title games. Corbin is slated to move to 5A next year or the following year. 

I mean, Corbin successfully recruits athletes from surrounding counties every year and because of their enrollment growth they have manipulated the system in order to ensure they are one of the largest schools in their respective class in the final year/years of the last two alignment periods. Yet, no titles. 

The Corbin talent pool must be pretty thin if stealing so many players from other places can't get you over the hump, just saying.

(09-07-2021, 01:37 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

1) Johnson central.
2/3) Corbin/Lex cath.
4. Boyle
5) Franklin

I know. Believe me, I get it.  #1 is a scary place to be sometimes.  Remember ,  UK 38-0 ? But true champions wear that #1 moniker with pride and say " Come on, I'll dare you to take it from us."  If you ever listened to Lou Holtz, you would think his teams had no chance against a good opponent. But he really knew better. Lou was a psychologist ; he was the ultimate sandbagger.  If Lou was the Corbin coach he would say, "we really got lucky against Franklin. Talent -wise they are so much better but we got some good breaks and played as well as we possibly could. The chances of us repeating that performance is infinitesimal. They would be huge favorites if we play them again. We are probably not near the top five right now. Hopefully, we can get some more breaks along the way and win a couple more games."   LOL

Some teams wilt under the pressure of great expectations. But those teams are not champions. Champions say, "You're damned right were #1 and we're gonna show you why."  Barring injuries or unforeseen  circumstances,  and I may be wrong, but I see the Redhounds embracing #1  and severely punishing any opponent who doubts them.

I see why you are a "waterboy."
You can't see the forest for the trees
Well any Corbin fan want to drop their opinion on what DI said lol^^^^^^
(09-07-2021, 02:23 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote: Well any Corbin fan want to drop their opinion on what DI said lol^^^^^^

Wash, rinse, repeat it’s all the same horseshit the only thing that changes is the screen name. Recruit, 40 years, kids should be here or there, don’t like Corbin, some Corbin football player took my girlfriend in high school.  Their opinion of Corbin means about as much to me as the irrelevant programs they’re from and support.  They can all share a big bag of Richard’s…
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Hound05
I'll be interested to tell what the other Hound fans have to say about The Undisputed Truth's allegations. His style is very familiar. He oozes envy. He likely lives in the area and is involved in sports, in some capacity. Any thoughts, Hounds' fans?

Oh the same small one dimensional team that sent you packing? Hahahahahah. You beat us at home by 2 TDs on some suspect play calling. But yea, I totally agree with ya though. I don’t know how well ever slow you guys down. But I’d be more worried about franklins county if I were you since they brought back pretty much the exact same team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • 64SUR
(09-07-2021, 03:20 PM)Hound05 Wrote:

Oh the same small one dimensional team that sent you packing? Hahahahahah. You beat us at home by 2 TDs on some suspect play calling. But yea, I totally agree with ya though. I don’t know how well ever slow you guys down. But I’d be more worried about franklins county if I were you since they brought back pretty much the exact same team.

I'm not convinced this brain child is even a JC fan. I think he lives much closer.
(09-07-2021, 03:16 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I'll be interested to tell what the other Hound fans have to say about  The Undisputed Truth's allegations. His style is very familiar. He oozes envy. He likely lives in the area and is involved in sports, in some capacity.  Any thoughts, Hounds' fans?
Envy? Why would I be envious? Why is my identity important? What part of my identity would make my statements less credible?

Is it really this easy to cause discomfort within a fan base on a forum featuring a poll in which they've recently ascended to the number one ranking? 

I'm merely sharing my opinion based on observations thus far in the young football season. Your comment feels threatening as it has negative connotations and urges other members to identify me personally. Would you care to clarify your intentions?
(09-07-2021, 02:23 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote: Well any Corbin fan want to drop their opinion on what DI said lol^^^^^^
Yea I didn’t know he played college. I rescind my previous comment. But man for someone to not be a fan of JC, he sure gets  triggered about Corbin and defends a team who didn’t even play for the title when they were supposed to walk through us all.
(09-07-2021, 03:29 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(09-07-2021, 03:20 PM)Hound05 Wrote:

I'm not convinced this brain child is even a JC fan. I think he lives much closer.

Franklin County's offense is far different now and one-dimensional. They are still very talented, but losing the qb and wr from last year has changed the dynamic and Corbin's personnel was able to smother them and a very good back in Moorman. JC will be able to do the same thing to them if they meet, and JC's offensive line is incredible. 

I'm not a JC fan, where I live is not your concern, and "brain child" feels like a sarcastic insult. I'd appreciate it if you could refrain from personal attacks, thanks.
(09-07-2021, 03:39 PM)The Undisputed Truth Wrote:
(09-07-2021, 03:16 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I'll be interested to tell what the other Hound fans have to say about  The Undisputed Truth's allegations. His style is very familiar. He oozes envy. He likely lives in the area and is involved in sports, in some capacity.  Any thoughts, Hounds' fans?
Envy? Why would I be envious? Why is my identity important? What part of my identity would make my statements less credible?

Is it really this easy to cause discomfort within a fan base on a forum featuring a poll in which they've recently ascended to the number one ranking? 

I'm merely sharing my opinion based on observations thus far in the young football season. Your comment feels threatening as it has negative connotations and urges other members to identify me personally. Would you care to clarify your intentions?

Intentions???  The others were insinuating you're a JC fan ; you said you aren't and I believe you 100%. You insinuated that Corbin engages in thievery. I think you used  the word "steals." Pretty serious allegations and quite inflammatory rhetoric. You do know these other Hound fans on here are going to eat you alive for such comments? lol

Has Corbin "stolen"  something(or someone) from you? Fess up now.
After making a comment accusing me of envy, which I consider an insult, you appealed to other "Hounds fans" to participate in trying to identify me. How am I to know your purpose for pursuing my identity?

I've shared my football opinions and stated provable facts about your football program.

(09-07-2021, 03:48 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(09-07-2021, 03:39 PM)The Undisputed Truth Wrote:

Intentions???  The others were insinuating you're a JC fan ; you said you aren't and I believe you 100%. You insinuated that Corbin engages in thievery. I think you used  the word "steals."  Pretty serious allegations and quite inflammatory rhetoric.  You do know these other Hound fans on here are going to eat you alive for such comments?  lol

Has Corbin "stolen"  something(or someone)  from you?  Fess up now.

"Fess up now?" Or what?
(09-07-2021, 03:59 PM)The Undisputed Truth Wrote: After making a comment accusing me of envy, which I consider an insult, you appealed to other "Hounds fans" to participate in trying to identify me. How am I to know your purpose for pursuing my identity?

I've shared my football opinions and stated provable facts about your football program.
Bull butter.  You wrote a post that oozed of envy. I'm sure it seems that way to the other Corbin fans as well. You said you were not a JC fan and I  agreed and said you were probably a local that had suffered at the hands of Corbin. Rather than bad mouth another area program, why not just lift up your own? Your post about Corbin was intentionally very inflammatory.
  • Hound05
Yea he’s not a JC fan. He keeps saying “same offensive unit”. But they lost their best rusher. To be honest I quit reading the ramblings of hate. Every notice how their fans are more concerned with their coach right now? And he claims he’s not a JC fan, but constantly defends them while trying to squash us? Yep, area fan that’s dreams were cut short, or some past event caused some trauma. I did cross my mind about a past poster, but I think he’d be defending Boyle or dropping tid bits about them. And honestly I can’t stand the thought. But like other trolls, I laugh at the contradictions they’ve made. Guess I’ll go back to Lou H, and agree with him, that just makes their brain hurt haha. So yea I agree disputedTRUTH/ NotaJCfan.

Just agree with him and his “ provable“ facts he claims he said. He’ll go away and quit hijacking threads.
I think it's the bias you have for your team that is affecting your perception of my comments.
For the record, I have nothing but respect for Corbin football. I am not going to wade into this, We (JC fans) and I (personally) know just how much things can change in an instant. I will show myself out. :-)
[-] The following 3 users Like Old guy's post:
  • 606CATS, Bull got out!, Hound05
This poll should be:

1 (tie) Johnson Central and Boyle County
3 Corbin
4 Lexington Catholic
5 Franklin County