Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Class 4A AP Poll 9/6
(09-07-2021, 04:26 PM)The Undisputed Truth Wrote: I think it's the bias you have for your team that is affecting your perception of my comments.
Obviously you haven’t been here long. I’m the most or try to be the most objective rebound fan on here. Probably in the top of any fan base on here.
(09-07-2021, 05:26 PM)jamesclay Wrote: This poll should be:

1 (tie) Johnson Central and Boyle County
3 Corbin
4 Lexington Catholic
5 Franklin County

I like your poll James Clay. Corbin has lots of respect for all the teams you have listed.
No way is Lex. Cath. #2. Don't get that?
(09-07-2021, 07:01 PM)back country Wrote: No way is Lex. Cath. #2. Don't get that?

I will agree with you. Its not going to take long to figure out what they are holding because they play Lexington Christian Academy and Boyle in the next 4 weeks.
(09-07-2021, 05:12 PM)Old guy Wrote: For the record, I have nothing but respect for Corbin football. I am not going to wade into this, We (JC fans) and I (personally) know just how much things can change in an instant. I will show myself out. :-)

Your always welcome to discuss football around about any Corbin poster I know, been praying for Coach Matney and your team, hopefully we hear some encouraging news soon.
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, pjdoug
Back on topic, it’ll be interesting to see when the first RPI comes out. That is if everyone keeps running the table until then. Which I don’t see any reason why any of the teams couldn’t. Not sure about LC’s schedule. That could be one.
(09-07-2021, 08:09 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Back on topic, it’ll be interesting to see when the first RPI comes out. That is if everyone keeps running the table until then. Which I don’t see any reason why any of the teams couldn’t. Not sure about LC’s schedule. That could be one.

Lexington Catholic plays Lexington Christian Academy, a game I would like to watch and Boyle 2 weeks after that.
^^^ it just blows my mind. Selective memory I guess.

Bull. LCs schedule will either kill them with those two games, or they may very well be 1st in RPI. Don’t see them going 2-0 though with those two.
(09-07-2021, 08:11 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-07-2021, 08:09 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Back on topic, it’ll be interesting to see when the first RPI comes out. That is if everyone keeps running the table until then. Which I don’t see any reason why any of the teams couldn’t. Not sure about LC’s schedule. That could be one.

Lexington Catholic plays Lexington Christian Academy, a game I would like to watch and Boyle 2 weeks after that.
I say Catholic loses both convincingly.
Going back to last year against Boyle in the playoffs. I thought LC grew up and even though they lost. Sometimes mentally for a team you overcome to an extent. LC had JC scheduled. That tells me they ain’t backing down, knew they might lose, but wanted to matchup for a preparation for Boyle in that district battle and a preparation for a deeper run possibly.. If you beat those teams or one of them, you just put yourself in another conversation. LCA is just dangerous. I am assuming LCA gets there QB back. Then LC might be in trouble. They gave up a lot of points to Pulaski. A healthy Pulaski. I don’t think Corbin will see a full Pulaski team this Friday IMO. It wouldn’t shock me to see LC go 0-2 against those two teams. We will see.
How many players from Knox Central have started for Corbin so far?
(09-07-2021, 09:05 PM)Colonelfan72 Wrote: How many players from Knox Central have started for Corbin so far?

3, but that number will increase to 5 once a couple get eligible
Yea the thread went down the pooper but we can always bring it back.

What about Letcher county? They had a decent offense last year. Anyway they can make someone sweat a little during then playoffs?
(09-07-2021, 09:05 PM)Colonelfan72 Wrote: How many players from Knox Central have started for Corbin so far?
1 that I’m aware of. And he played at Corbin last year. And the one waiting to play transferred from KC to another school last year. So I don’t even know why KC has an argument on him, but you know how that goes. A kid can literally go from a school around here to any other one, and it’s no big deal. But if they go to Corbin, it’s Like someone p!ssed in their Cheerios. It’s not gonna change, and kids aren’t going to STOP coming to Corbin. They always make it out about sports, but we are always in the top in regards to education, graduation. Someone even mentioned about how teachers want to come to Corbin. I guess they wanna come here for football too. Some people…….. just need to get over it. 

how did Whitley look Friday pj?
(09-07-2021, 11:34 AM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote: Hard for me to get behind a team in the top 10 in 4a that just lost at home by 40 to a 1a school.

Seems like that should bump them out until others prove worse.
I agree. I see better teams  in the others receiving votes category.
(09-07-2021, 11:51 AM)64SUR Wrote: Looking forward to staying on top in 2021/22/23 . Lol  Going to be a hell of a run.

You're always near the top when you pick different teams every year.
I think any of the top 5 could win on any given night, but I've been picking Corbin since the beginning. Their depth is a huge advantage.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • BEChargers
(09-07-2021, 09:50 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Yea the thread went down the pooper but we can always bring it back.

What about Letcher county? They had a decent offense last year. Anyway they can make someone sweat a little during then playoffs?

No. They are overrated.
  • BEChargers
(09-07-2021, 09:58 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
1 that I’m aware of. And he played at Corbin last year. And the one waiting to play transferred from KC to another school last year. So I don’t even know why KC has an argument on him, but you know how that goes. A kid can literally go from a school around here to any other one, and it’s no big deal. But if they go to Corbin, it’s Like someone p!ssed in their Cheerios. It’s not gonna change, and kids aren’t going to STOP coming to Corbin. They always make it out about sports, but we are always in the top in regards to education, graduation. Someone even mentioned about how teachers want to come to Corbin. I guess they wanna come here for football too. Some people…….. just need to get over it. 

how did Whitley look Friday pj?

They looked pretty good. They've given great effort all year. They just don't have the numbers.
  • TD Hounds
I think Corbin should be #1. JC has only had one game, through no fault of their own, but I would give a slight edge to Corbin.

1. Corbin
2. JC
3. Boyle, Franklin,
5. Lexcath.
6-10. Really don't matter. The trophy will be hoisted by one of those 5. Maybe 4 (not sold on LexCath yet). Have to wait for first Boyle/LexCath game.

Also please stop telling me about Letcher Co.
[-] The following 2 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!, TD Hounds
Good Morning children!!!!

As you can see I have deleted posts, some because they contained deleted posts but most because they were off topic.

I don't need to list the rules here. If you don't know them, go review them.

Next post off topic or insulting will earn you a vacation from BGR. If you continue, you will be banned.

Have a wonderful day!!!!
[-] The following 4 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, Hound05, TD Hounds
(09-08-2021, 09:31 AM)BEChargers Wrote: I think Corbin should be #1.  JC has only had one game, through no fault of their own, but I would give a slight edge to Corbin. 

1. Corbin
2. JC
3. Boyle, Franklin,
5. Lexcath.
6-10.  Really don't matter.  The trophy will be hoisted by one of those 5.  Maybe 4 (not sold on LexCath yet).  Have to wait for first Boyle/LexCath game. 

Also please stop telling me about Letcher Co.
Big question is, how much of a drop, if at all, from the top 4 to LC?
My top 5:

Franklin
Johnson Central
Boyle
Central
Corbin

No particular order.

Bear dog of a game when they meet up. Look like two dudes in a B*t*ch slapping contest lol. Tuff teams play tuff games when they finally meet.
It's just an opinion Poll, I'm sure everyone understands it has no impact on where your team is or will be when playoffs start ... Right?

There is no doubt that the top of 4a is crowded with 5-6 teams that all stand a chance of beating the the others in December. Enjoy the year, because not all years are like this, and not all classes of football can say that.
^^^ I still say it’s down to the 4, maybe even 3. I have to see what Lex cath does in a few weeks before I group them with the rest. As of now I think they can potentially knock off anyone if them. But the playoffs don’t allow for error. And them piecing 3 tough games together doesn’t seem likely to me at this point.
(09-08-2021, 03:24 PM)Hound05 Wrote: ^^^ I still say it’s down to the 4, maybe even 3. I have to see what Lex cath does in a few weeks before I group them with the rest. As of now I think they can potentially knock off anyone if them. But the playoffs don’t allow for error. And them piecing 3 tough games together doesn’t seem likely to me at this point.

JC 
Corbin
Boyle
Franklin
Lex Cath
Louisville Central

All 6 of those have a chance to be there in December, and as we've seen anything can happen when you get there.

Johnson Central Corbin Or Franklin will most likely play one of the other 3 in December, but I would never pick a winner in September.  Too many variables, especially this day and time.
(09-08-2021, 04:04 PM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote:
(09-08-2021, 03:24 PM)Hound05 Wrote: ^^^ I still say it’s down to the 4, maybe even 3. I have to see what Lex cath does in a few weeks before I group them with the rest. As of now I think they can potentially knock off anyone if them. But the playoffs don’t allow for error. And them piecing 3 tough games together doesn’t seem likely to me at this point.

JC 
Corbin
Boyle
Franklin
Lex Cath
Louisville Central

All 6 of those have a chance to be there in December, and as we've seen anything can happen when you get there.

Johnson Central Corbin Or Franklin will most likely play one of the other 3 in December, but I would never pick a winner in September.  Too many variables, especially this day and time.
True. Way too many variables.  The winds of change can blow quickly as summer gives way to fall and fall longs for winter.
As of now, these are the 2 best teams in 4A
1) Corbin
2) Johnson Central

Chance to bring home a trophy, but there is work to be done.
3a) Boyle
This team is not at the level of the teams from the past 2-3 yrs, but this group is very capable of bringing home another trophy. They will put up alot of points offensively and the DL is very good. If they lose b4 state championship, it will be because they beat themselves.

These teams will make noise in playoffs, but do not believe they have enough talent to run the table in November
3b) Lex Cath
(7) 3 yr starters but can the underclassmen make enough plays to make a serious run?
The road to Kroger Field definitely goes through Boyle County.

3c) Franklin County
If the opposing team takes away the ground game, is FC good enough to still put up points. LB play is the best In 4A.

3d) Central
If they ever figure out how to consistently put points on the board, they could bring home another trophy.
(09-08-2021, 04:45 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: As of now, these are the 2 best teams in 4A
1) Corbin
2) Johnson Central

Chance to bring home a trophy, but there is work to be done. 
3a) Boyle
This team is not at the level of the teams from the past 2-3 yrs, but this group is very capable of bringing home another trophy. They will put up alot of points offensively and the DL is very good. If they lose b4 state championship, it will be because they beat themselves. 

These teams will make noise in playoffs, but do not believe they have enough talent to run the table in November
3b) Lex Cath
(7) 3 yr starters but can the underclassmen make enough plays to make a serious run?
The road to Kroger Field definitely goes through Boyle County.   

3c) Franklin County
If the opposing team takes away the ground game, is FC good enough to still put up points. LB play is the best In 4A. 

3d) Central
If they ever figure out how to consistently put points on the board, they could bring home another trophy.

Nice work!
Until Coach Matney returns to the sidelines, I would rank 4A as follows:

1. Corbin and Boyle County (tie)
3. Johnson Central
4. Franklin Country and Central (tie)
6. Lexington Catholic

Before Coach Matney was sidelined with health issues, I would have ranked the top three teams tied. I don't think that anybody can be sure of how games between those three would turn out. Johnson Central has a great staff but having Jim Matney on the sidelines is worth a few points on both offense and defense. Nobody analyzes video and prepares any better than Matney.

Lexington Catholic definitely could move into one of the top 4 spots depending on how they do in their next few games. However, in the past Johnson Central's physical line play has given the Knights fits and they have not had any recent success against Boyle County either. Franklin County struggled last year when Nick Broyles missed some games with an injury, which is why I put them on the same line as Central.