Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Corbin 27 Franklin County 7
Im not sure if 107.3 has them where you can go view the game after the fact. I know I like listening to them but have not saw where they have uploaded the earlier games on there website. Might call and ask them.
(09-04-2021, 12:54 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(09-04-2021, 12:01 PM)Corbin Wrote: He had a big interception in the second half to go along with all of his great kicking.

I would hate to see him get injured. He is a HUGE weapon.  A Corbin/Boyle game could come down to a 45 yd FG. I know Corbin has a lot of talent and depth at many positions. You guys know the makeup of this team more than I do, but is Jacob an absolutely vital cog on defense. I know he's good and wants to be in there but, what I am trying to say, is I sure want to see that beautiful legatron do its thing for 15 games. Would anyone be tempted to just let him kick and nothing else?  Again, you all know more about the inner workings of the team better than I do. I just observe as a fan from afar.

I know he had at least one big tackle on Moorman that could have potentially been a touchdown.  Jacob is an athlete, besides his kicking, he needs to be playing somewhere and he rotates at safety so I feel like we’re good.

(09-04-2021, 12:54 PM)smoke1015 Wrote: Huge win for Corbin which proves my luck gets worse and worse. Congrats.

You can keep your congrats, Corbin’s not even in your district anymore and instead of letting the fact that your team couldn’t beat them go, your consistently on here slinging insults.  Casey should be in a situation in their new district to be competitive but are completely overshadowed by Rock and Bell, maybe you should concentrate a little bit more on that.
Always thought smoke liked Corbin??? Or at least the conversations we had seemed that way.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • smoke1015
My MVP in this game was Corbin offensive linemen!!
[-] The following 2 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115, Bull got out!
(09-04-2021, 10:55 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Always thought smoke liked Corbin??? Or at least the conversations we had seemed that way.
Fan of football Hound05. We got spanked by them when we were at our best so respect for sure. I also worked with one of your best players ever, Richie Franchioni. Dude is 64 or 65 and is still a beast of a man. Plus I'm here to be light hearted humor.
[-] The following 2 users Like smoke1015's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hound05
(09-04-2021, 11:53 PM)smoke1015 Wrote:
(09-04-2021, 10:55 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Always thought smoke liked Corbin??? Or at least the conversations we had seemed that way.
Fan of football Hound05. We got spanked by them when we were at our best so respect for sure. I also worked with one of your best players ever, Richie Franchioni. Dude is 64 or 65 and is still a beast of a man. Plus I'm here to be light hearted humor.

R. Franchioni is about 59 I think.
(09-05-2021, 12:51 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(09-04-2021, 11:53 PM)smoke1015 Wrote:

R. Franchioni is about 59 I think.
THat's probably right. Still looks more "able" than most 35 year olds. Dude is a bad dude, and lived a pretty amazing life. Heck of a stinken football player who could have played in the NFL, IMO.
Corbin won’t lose a game this season. Too much talent and too much depth. Doesn’t mean Boyle, Johnson Central or even Franklin County wouldn’t compete on a neutral field, but the Hounds will bring home the hardware.

Write it down.
(09-05-2021, 02:47 AM)GreyStoke Wrote: Corbin won’t lose a game this season. Too much talent and too much depth. Doesn’t mean Boyle, Johnson Central or even Franklin County wouldn’t compete on a neutral field, but the Hounds will bring home the hardware.

Write it down.
I certainly think that Corbin is in the drivers seat. I think that they clearly do have the most talent and depth in 4A football, arguably even 5A but a lot can happen between now and December. God forbid any bad stuff happens but football is a violent sport so injuries can and will happen. Not just to Corbin but every team. Hopefully none will be serious. One or two key players missing a big game or God forbid playoff game due to something as minute as a sprained ankle can completely dash a teams dreams. Take Wayne when they lost Sloan last year. It’s too early to write stuff down but I think most can agree that Corbin is in a VERY VERY GOOD spot right now. That’s why we play the game though.
As for the Corbin kicker, those touchbacks are huge in high school football. Especially combined with an awesome defense.
Seeing so many pooch kicks these days it seems the starting field position is at the 40 after a kickoff.
This game surprised me. I honest thought Franklin County would beat Corbin by a couple scores. I am happy I was wrong.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • Hound05
Corbin won soundly. Fc played poorly,
Much of that is credited to Corbins talent. Be interesting to see what comes of my Flyers… history shows this is good Medicine for those boys.
(09-07-2021, 12:56 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Corbin won soundly. Fc played poorly,
Much of that is credited to Corbins talent. Be interesting to see what comes of my Flyers… history shows this is good Medicine for those boys.

Still a lot of football left to play yet, I did think FC didn’t play up to their potential  after halftime.  All the variables that went in to that could be debated and it would all be personal opinion.  FC still has the talent to be right there come playoff time and with the way the brackets are done who knows if we’ll ever see each other again, but good luck on the rest of the season I’d give it a 50/50 chance we get a round 2 of this game and as long as Coach James is there there’s always gonna be the potential that we’ll see each other every year come playoff time.
I agree, Corbin will be a tough out! Fc won’t be a pushover when the time comes. This game was great for both teams,!

Corbin- confidence and taking the next step this year vs last.

FC- wake up and realize you gotta earn it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FCSPY's post:
  • TD Hounds
This was an awesome game. Two top tier programs, great atmosphere, and so much talent on one field. I have been following Corbin this season due to all the hype, but Franklin faithful please post if your games are livestreamed because you have a very talented squad. My takes from this game, Corbin's offensive line is just going to be to much for most high school programs. 75 for Corbin is a man child, he played remarkable again. I have made the comment in my past couple post that 13 is the most dangerous player on the field, but 10 for Corbin is worth the price of admission. I have read that Corbin is suppose to add another back, if he is anything near this kids ability it will be a long bus ride home for opposing teams. On the defensive side of the ball 41 does what he wants, when he wants with opposing offenses. He is all over the place delivering serious hits. 15 completely shuts down his side of the field, and if your brave enough to go his way on a screen be prepared to count the stars. 4 and 23 seemed to control the outside run better this week. All in all, I find it hard to believe a team will defeat Corbin this year. As for Franklin, 10, 1, 11 are players. You have a lot of season to play, and I honestly think your team will be playing deep in the playoffs. Thanks for such an entertaining game.
[-] The following 4 users Like New2Town's post:
  • 64SUR, Bossdaddy 4115, Bull got out!, TD Hounds
(09-08-2021, 01:54 PM)New2Town Wrote: This was an awesome game.  Two top tier programs, great atmosphere, and so much talent on one field.  I have been following Corbin this season due to all the hype, but Franklin faithful please post if your games are livestreamed because you have a very talented squad.  My takes from this game, Corbin's offensive line is  just going to be to much for most high school programs.  75 for Corbin is a man child, he played remarkable again.  I have made the comment in my past couple post that 13 is the most dangerous player on the field, but 10 for Corbin is worth the price of admission.  I have read that Corbin is suppose to add another back, if he is anything near this kids ability it will be a long  bus ride home for opposing teams.  On the defensive side of the ball 41 does what he wants, when he wants with opposing offenses. He is all over the place delivering serious hits.  15 completely shuts down his side of the field, and if your brave enough to go his way on a screen be prepared to count the stars.  4 and 23 seemed to control the outside run better this week.  All in all, I find it hard to believe a team will defeat Corbin this year.  As for Franklin, 10, 1, 11 are players.  You have a lot of season to play, and I honestly think your team will be playing deep in the playoffs.  Thanks for such an entertaining game.
I like your commentary! Spot on!