Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Corbin 27 Franklin County 7
Final!

Congratulations Red Hounds.

Thanks to Bull Got Out for all the fantastic updates!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!
Corbin tore some Flyer hind end up.
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, TD Hounds
(09-03-2021, 11:29 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Corbin tore some Flyer hind end up.
Yea but both teams gonna feel it tomorrow. Franklins got some wheels!!! They got some size too. Our O and D lines made a big difference tonight. Defense grew up tonight. Laid some big hits and bent but didn’t break. I don’t care if he’s out there by himself. Keeping K. Mormon’s offense to 7 points is a feat.

Our depth just wore them down. We didn’t really switch offensive sets. It was “here it is, stop us”.
Superfly, I went to watch Whitley County play long before you private messaged me and told me to do so. lol
Very impressive win for the Redhounds
(09-03-2021, 11:33 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(09-03-2021, 11:29 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Corbin tore some Flyer hind end up.
Yea but both teams gonna feel it tomorrow. Franklins got some wheels!!! They got some size too. Our O and D lines made a big difference tonight. Defense grew up tonight. Laid some big hits and bent but didn’t break. I don’t care if he’s out there by himself. Keeping K. Mormon’s offense to 7 points is a feat.

Our depth just wore them down. We didn’t really switch offensive sets. It was “here it is, stop us”.

That's what I predicted. Their depth is a huge advantage.
Congrats to Corbin I thought Franklin would win but I was wrong, Corbin looks like the favorite now!
[-] The following 2 users Like Jack Lambert's post:
I thought Franklin would win too and was bad wrong. The Redhounds made easy work of the Flyers tonight. Franklin’s RB is great and other than him, I didn’t see a position on the field that Corbin wasn’t better. With that said, Seth Mills and the Corbin RBs running behind that red wall flat out produced. Corbin line was dominate. That was an impressive victory top to bottom.

On another note, Boyle let loose on Pulaski tonight and seemed to get back on track. If I was any team in 4a, I wouldn’t want to have to play them, Corbin or Johnson central come playoff time.
Corbin on cruise control to Kroger. Marked it down 4A This is the deepest team, I had seen in a many years
[-] The following 2 users Like 64SUR's post:
Gonna keep my true thoughts to myself cause I don’t want our boys reading it and changing their attitudes but I’m proud of them, true Redhound pride tonight. Nothing but good things to say about Franklin, in defeat they showed class that’s not often seen from kids today, and best of all, every single one of them stood for the flag, god bless you all and good luck on the rest of your season.

(09-03-2021, 11:46 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Congrats to Corbin I thought Franklin would win but I was wrong, Corbin looks like the favorite now!

I’d rather not have that moniker Jack, I hope they keep us rated exactly where we are.  We’re all good though I thought it would be 3 to 7 points either way, Corbin defense was on a mission tonight and they accomplished it.
[-] The following 4 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, ekywildcat, Granny Bear, Hound05
(09-04-2021, 12:08 AM)64SUR Wrote: Corbin on cruise control to Kroger.  Marked it down 4A  This is the deepest team,  I had seen in a many years

I agree with you on this one.
Congratulations to The Hounds. This was another big time win , and to only give up 7 points to an explosive offense?
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • TD Hounds
Congratulations to Corbin. Going to be some awesome post season games. Woah Woah Woah
Good job Corbin, FC soft and all out of sorts tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FCSPY's post:
  • TD Hounds
(09-04-2021, 12:16 AM)Old guy Wrote: Congratulations to Corbin. Going to be some awesome post season games. Woah Woah Woah

Thanks Old guy!

(09-04-2021, 12:20 AM)FCSPY Wrote: Good job Corbin, FC soft and all out of sorts tonight.

FCSPY, travel safe. Appreciate the congrats!
Error.
Got to comment a little. Games like these are the memories that will be lived by both teams for a lifetime. I was nervous as a dad watching this battle. A lot of talent on the field. These are hard games and you hate to see someone lose. Franklin is a very dangerous team. When you play one of the big boys its just tuff football. Very proud of our Redhounds and Coach Greer on pulling off this win.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR, Granny Bear, TD Hounds
I know it's early to talk postseason, but aren't playoff sites determined by RPI rankings.? If I remember right, if the Corbin /Whitley game had been played last season, Corbin would have played at home instead of going to JC because they would have had a higher RPI. If I am wrong about that I apologize. Do they determine home field the same way his year? Just kinda thinking ahead. Let's say it's Boyle, Corbin, JC, and Franklin. Would they be ranked 1 through 4, according RPI with 1 playing 4 and 2 playing 3 or do they determine matchups some other way? Basically, just wondering how third and fourth round matchups and sites are determined.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • TD Hounds
(09-04-2021, 12:50 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: I know it's early to talk postseason,  but aren't  playoff sites determined by  RPI rankings.?  If I remember right,  if the Corbin /Whitley game had been played last season,  Corbin would have played at home instead of going to JC because they would have had a higher RPI.  If I am wrong about that I apologize. Do they determine home field the same way his year?  Just kinda thinking ahead. Let's say  it's Boyle, Corbin,  JC, and Franklin.  Would they  be ranked 1 through 4, according RPI with 1 playing 4 and 2 playing 3 or do they determine matchups some other way?  Basically, just wondering how third and fourth round matchups and sites are determined.

You are correct, but Ill be honest here, we did this last year and I had rather just not go there, and look ahead, these boys need to focus one game at a time and take care of business as it comes. But the higher RPI will get home field. So we just need to keep doing what we are doing and let our play keep us moving forward.

We are in the EAST. So 1 plays a 4 at home and 2 plays a 3 at home seed all being EAST seeds 1-4. Same for the WEST . After the 3rd round, in the 4th round the remaining 4 teams is combined both EAST and WEST and Seeded 1-4 based on RPI and top RPI gets home field. 1 will play 4 and 2 will play 3 then the championship game because only two teams remaining.

Being the top seed is where you want to be, less ruts in the road.
(09-04-2021, 01:03 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-04-2021, 12:50 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: I know it's early to talk postseason,  but aren't  playoff sites determined by  RPI rankings.?  If I remember right,  if the Corbin /Whitley game had been played last season,  Corbin would have played at home instead of going to JC because they would have had a higher RPI.  If I am wrong about that I apologize. Do they determine home field the same way his year?  Just kinda thinking ahead. Let's say  it's Boyle, Corbin,  JC, and Franklin.  Would they  be ranked 1 through 4, according RPI with 1 playing 4 and 2 playing 3 or do they determine matchups some other way?  Basically, just wondering how third and fourth round matchups and sites are determined.

You are correct, but Ill be honest here, we did this last year and I had rather just not go there, and look ahead, these boys need to focus one game at a time and take care of business as it comes. But the higher RPI will get home field. So we just need to keep doing what we are doing and let our play keep us moving forward.

We are in the EAST. So 1 plays a 4 at home and 2 plays a 3 at home seed all being EAST seeds 1-4. Same for the WEST . After the 3rd round, in the 4th round the remaining 4 teams is combined both EAST and WEST and Seeded 1-4 based on RPI and top RPI gets home field. 1 will play 4 and 2 will play 3 then the championship game because only two teams remaining.

Being the top seed is where you want to be, less ruts in the road.

Thanks. Really appreciate it. One more question and I'll let you get some rest. Which teams are in the East and which in the West?
Corbin, Boyle, Johnson Central, Lexington Catholic is I. The East

Central and Franklin are in the West

Of course there are other teams that will be there but these are the consistent ones
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Old School Hound
(09-04-2021, 12:09 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: Gonna keep my true thoughts to myself cause I don’t want our boys reading it and changing their attitudes but I’m proud of them, true Redhound pride tonight.  Nothing but good things to say about Franklin, in defeat they showed class that’s not often seen from kids today, and best of all, every single one of them stood for the flag, god bless you all and good luck on the rest of your season.

(09-03-2021, 11:46 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Congrats to Corbin I thought Franklin would win but I was wrong, Corbin looks like the favorite now!

I’d rather not have that moniker Jack, I hope they keep us rated exactly where we are.  We’re all good though I thought it would be 3 to 7 points either way, Corbin defense was on a mission tonight and they accomplished it.
I try to temper expectations or at least try to keep ‘em humble an hungry. Especially early on. A bug head hurts when it falls. But there isn’t too many bad things you can say about tonight. Still much work to be done. But very happy, this early on. Defense grew up tonight in a big way. Play calling was pretty good. Although there was a 4th and 4 in our red zone and we ran it with 8 men in the box, but it was still better than last year. Our O and D line just flat out physical them. 

mr. automatic, Jacob “legatron” baker gave us some momentum early on with his leg and we never looked back. He’s like having a nuclear weapon at this level. How many teams can have faith they’ll make a 50 yd FG. Most would have to go for it from that little grey area where you can’t punt and it’s a lot of yards for a 1st, leaving points on the field. Not us. There’s not a kicker around I’d trade him for. And someone in the stands said we’ve only punted twice this year. That’s a testament considering who we’ve played. But those two punts have been almost perfect as well.
Congratulations to Corbin they must have played a great game
The Baker kid is clearly one of the most valuable on the team with the way he can kick FGs and touchbacks. Does he play on the offense and/or defense as well?
He had a big interception in the second half to go along with all of his great kicking.
(09-04-2021, 12:01 PM)Corbin Wrote: He had a big interception in the second half to go along with all of his great kicking.

I would hate to see him get injured. He is a HUGE weapon.  A Corbin/Boyle game could come down to a 45 yd FG. I know Corbin has a lot of talent and depth at many positions. You guys know the makeup of this team more than I do, but is Jacob an absolutely vital cog on defense. I know he's good and wants to be in there but, what I am trying to say, is I sure want to see that beautiful legatron do its thing for 15 games. Would anyone be tempted to just let him kick and nothing else?  Again, you all know more about the inner workings of the team better than I do. I just observe as a fan from afar.
Huge win for Corbin which proves my luck gets worse and worse. Congrats.
(09-04-2021, 12:54 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(09-04-2021, 12:01 PM)Corbin Wrote: He had a big interception in the second half to go along with all of his great kicking.

I would hate to see him get injured. He is a HUGE weapon.  A Corbin/Boyle game could come down to a 45 yd FG. I know Corbin has a lot of talent and depth at many positions. You guys know the makeup of this team more than I do, but is Jacob an absolutely vital cog on defense. I know he's good and wants to be in there but, what I am trying to say, is I sure want to see that beautiful legatron do its thing for 15 games. Would anyone be tempted to just let him kick and nothing else?  Again, you all know more about the inner workings of the team better than I do. I just observe as a fan from afar.
I agree with your assessment. I'm not familiar enough with the depth chart to know who else could play that safety position but the kid has a college career paid for with his leg. I wouldnt want to risk that or risk not having him to kick in a state championship run. He IS good at that safety  safety position. Maybe they think the reward is worth the risk. I hate to even talk about something happening to him, it would be absolutely heartbreaking for the team but mainly for him and his future. I pray for him to stay healthy and for a long, successful career.
Anywhere that someone can go and watch the Corbin game from last night?