Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pikeville Panthers
73.53%
Letcher Central Cougars
26.47%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville @ Letcher Central 9/3/21
(09-01-2021, 12:20 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 01:05 AM)pjdoug Wrote: Pikeville is gonna smoke some cougar hind end if the refs will let them. The worst cheating  I've ever seen in a high school football  was at Whitesburg.
Pikeville I guess gets no calls at home.lol.
Lol. Actually, very few. Mostly well called games. Of course there’s games where you wonder what the heck the refs were thinking with calls, but overall fairly balanced.

Reminds me, I once saw a game in the 80s (can’t remember where), where the refs threw a flag on a play and were so wrong, even the other teams coaches were like “uhhhh” but didn’t say anything because they benefitted. Think it was holding on someone that wasn’t even blocking on the play. Like running freely with no one to block. Lol. May have been at Virgie or Fleming Neon?  For some reason those two names come to mind.
Pikeville has too many weapons.  I think Pikeville wins by three TDs and has potential for a running clock.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BBN2021's post:
  • CB14
(09-01-2021, 03:57 PM)BBN2021 Wrote: Pikeville has too many weapons.  I think Pikeville wins by three TDs and has potential for a running clock.
If this happens, I will gladly walk from Pikeville to Whitesburg for charity.
If I'm Pikeville I'm contacting Wheelersburg to play next week. They were supposed to play Ashland but Ashland has shut down activities for next week.
(09-01-2021, 04:59 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: If I'm Pikeville I'm contacting Wheelersburg to play next week. They were supposed to play Ashland but Ashland has shut down activities for next week.
Trying to tire them out before they play Belfry?  Lol
(09-01-2021, 01:05 AM)pjdoug Wrote: Pikeville is gonna smoke some cougar hind end if the refs will let them. The worst cheating  I've ever seen in a high school football  was at Whitesburg.

I don't think I've been to a game at Pikeville, so I can't say. lol. I've only been to Belfry and Pike Central.

Who was that ref that cheated so badly after Whitley County jumped out to a big lead on them in the first quarter several years ago? Seemed like he had a northern accent and couldn't talk plain. He was throwing flags on numbers of jerseys that were not even on the field, and saying holding on the offense uh uh I mean the defense. lol
Pikeville really doesn't get a lot of home cooking, honestly it seems the games are pretty black and white. Jimmy Cecil's crew is normally the crew on the Pikeville home games and he is pretty fair in my experience.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(09-01-2021, 07:08 AM)touchdownkentucky Wrote: Lcc 30 pikeville 21 you can take this sxore to  the bank in the Hilliard Howard bowl!

I don't know what a sxore is, but Pikeville is going to take you to the wood shed.
The crews assigned to Pikeville games are top-notch 99% of the time. I cannot remember 1 game where opposing fans left thinking they got cheated. I really don't remember a game where the refs were booed the whole game. People boo calls all the time but I don't remember any crew getting booed at the end of any game at Pikeville.
(09-01-2021, 10:09 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Pikeville really doesn't get a lot of home cooking, honestly it seems the games are pretty black and white. Jimmy Cecil's crew is normally the crew on the Pikeville home games and he is pretty fair in my experience.
Jimmys crew calls them pretty straight I agree. 99% of the time they are spot on. Even when my son played after games he would agree with most calls. Plus that crew is respectful to both teams always.
I expected a Letcher County fan to argue with me. They must know I spoke the truth. lol
Letcher County used to sell some delicious hot cocoa you could enjoy while watching the officials cheat like low down dirty dawgs. lol
Pine Mountain Grill is pretty good, too. Have all you panthers been there?
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • CB14, PHSForever
(09-02-2021, 12:08 AM)pjdoug Wrote: Pine Mountain Grill is pretty good, too. Have all you panthers been there?

That’s where we take our refs for pregame meals and to go over the game plan.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TakeOver12's post:
  • pjdoug
[attachment=217 Wrote:     TakeOver12 pid='2321174' dateline='1630552930']
(09-02-2021, 12:08 AM)pjdoug Wrote: Pine Mountain Grill is pretty good, too. Have all you panthers been there?

That’s where we take our refs for pregame meals and to go over the game plan.

The last time I was there I ordered a club sandwich with loaded baked potato, and had to take half of it with me.
Give me Jimmy Cecil or Keith Henry as the white hat any day of the week.
We have some of the best Refs in the game in the 14th
I’m going with Pikeville but in a competitive game. This should be a good one.
(09-02-2021, 12:52 AM)Panther Thunder Wrote: Give me Jimmy Cecil or Keith Henry as the white hat any day of the week.

They are both very good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • Panther Thunder
Jimmy Cecil crew is good? When did they start being good? Was it this season? Because up to the preseason this year they’ve are very good.
Letcher Central is a good team...they have awesome facilities and it's a tough place to get a win during seasons LCC has a good team and they have a pretty good team this year.

I've got several friends that are big LCC football fans and the good people of Letcher County are fired up for this game.. Pikeville better bring it Friday night and play better than they did against Paintsville. I will be out of state the next few weeks for business meetings or I would definitely make the short drive to Letcher County to watch this one. If the video of the game is being streamed live anywhere I would greatly appreciate the link.TIA!

I will take the Panthers 34-26 but this game could go either way.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHSFAN's post:
  • VoR_58
(09-02-2021, 05:44 PM)PHSFAN Wrote: Letcher Central is a good team...they have awesome facilities and it's a tough place to get a win during seasons LCC has a good team and they have a pretty good team this year.

I've got several friends that are big LCC football fans and the good people of Letcher County are fired up for this game..  Pikeville better bring it Friday night and play better than they did against Paintsville.  I will be out of state the next few weeks for business meetings or I would definitely make the short drive to Letcher County to watch this one.  If the video of the game is being streamed live anywhere I would greatly appreciate the link.TIA!

I will take the Panthers 34-26 but this game could go either way.
Mountain Top Sports I believe is having it live.
[-] The following 3 users Like Patriot1's post:
  • Gus McCrae, PHSFAN, pjdoug
Mountain top Sports will livestream the game.
It’s game day Panthers this is going to be a tough game . Better buckle them chin straps up and play your best and this old fan believes in you guys. Not going to be easy but don’t think you guys think it will be. Play the way you can and leave all on the field no plays off full effort every play but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Pikeville scores on their first play.... 7-0 Panthers with 11:30 to go in the 1st
Pikeville fumbles snap on punt... LC ball at the Pikeville 30...
Letcher ties it up after the Pikeville turnover... 7-7 nearing the end of the first qt
Touchdown Pikeville... XP no good... 13-7 Pikeville
Letcher's defense keeps Pikeville out of the endzone.... LCC takes over from their own 15... 13-7 Pikeville